Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus...

Full story: Hartford Courant

Scientists studying the changing nature of the Earth's climate say they have completed one crucial task - proving beyond a doubt that global warming is real.
Comments
6,901 - 6,920 of 7,942 Comments Last updated Aug 14, 2013
PHD

Kempner, TX

#7208 Oct 26, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if I move to Maryland, Delaware, or even New York City. All we are predicted to see is lots of rain and cold temperatures. Which is great for pointing out to the shivering alarmist when discussing gobal warming.
Don't waste the gas those three states wouldn't allow you to move there.Well its no prediction that lots of rasin and cold temps are on the way its fact. See why your are Less than a Box of Rocks.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#7209 Oct 27, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, that is the flaw in man made global warming and that isn't my position. As for graphs, many a con man has produced a report resplendant with graphs and all of them proving nothing.
Remember what Mark Twain said about lies. "There are three types of lies; lies, damm lies, and statics." is what Twain said. A graph is statistics wearing a pretty dress.
The evidence is clear that we've been generating millions of tons of CO2 since the start of the industrial revolution and that the evidence of global warming has coincided with it.(Up 20 ppm just in the last decade.) Also clear is that the primary resistance to global warming has come from individual political sources and not from the plurality of the scientific community.

"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes." - Mark Twain
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#7210 Oct 27, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
The evidence is clear that we've been 'generating millions of tons of CO2' since the start of the industrial revolution and that the evidence of global warming has coincided with it.(Up 20 ppm just in the last decade.) Also clear is that the primary resistance to global warming has come from individual political sources and not from the plurality of the scientific community.
"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes." - Mark Twain
Agree with everything you say.... except your phrase,'generating millions of tons of CO2', must be multiplied by a minimum of 1000 times 1000.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#7211 Oct 29, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
Well, tina does not get it even after years in this forum! She's experiencing a dual climate effect, hurricane meeting a cold front. So what do you call it?
Funny how you talk about global warming and a cold front. Nothing describes how silly the belief in man made global warming than an alarmist blaming a cold front on global warming.

All I saw in the Hampton Roads area is a normal storm. If the news hadn't mentioned it as a Hurricane I would of mistaken it for a run of the mill nor' easter and we have several of those a year.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#7212 Oct 29, 2012
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Don't waste the gas those three states wouldn't allow you to move there.Well its no prediction that lots of rasin and cold temps are on the way its fact. See why your are Less than a Box of Rocks.
And how would they stop me from moving there if I wanted to. In fact I would imagine that they would love to have my entire family and the additional tax revenue we would provide over someone collecting welfare.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#7213 Oct 29, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The evidence is clear that we've been generating millions of tons of CO2 since the start of the industrial revolution and that the evidence of global warming has coincided with it.(Up 20 ppm just in the last decade.) Also clear is that the primary resistance to global warming has come from individual political sources and not from the plurality of the scientific community.
"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes." - Mark Twain
Which explains how the lie of man made global warming made it around the world before the fact that it was nothing but a lie was still lacing up it's walking shoes.

The evidence is clear that the earth has been warming since the end of the last ice age. It is also evident that many in the scientific community has disageed and even published research to that effect. That climate change is natural and not man made. Published research that shows the CO2 levels rise after temperatures rise, that the rise of CO2 is an effect and not a cause. Maybe you should go back and read some of those studies. After all there are now thousands of them.
polski kielbasa

Lake Worth, FL

#7214 Oct 29, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The evidence is clear that we've been generating millions of tons of CO2 since the start of the industrial revolution and that the evidence of global warming has coincided with it.(Up 20 ppm just in the last decade.) Also clear is that the primary resistance to global warming has come from individual political sources and not from the plurality of the scientific community.
"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes." - Mark Twain
What evidence? Global warming paranoia started during the satellite age. To suggest we have such data going back to the start of the Industrial Revolution is...

Since: Aug 12

Brewster, NY

#7215 Oct 29, 2012
polski kielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence? Global warming paranoia started during the satellite age. To suggest we have such data going back to the start of the Industrial Revolution is...
Nazi Gunther Schwab came up with the idea of Apocalyptic global warming.
polski kielbasa

Lake Worth, FL

#7216 Oct 29, 2012
Halonen is Conan OBrien wrote:
<quoted text>
Nazi Gunther Schwab came up with the idea of Apocalyptic global warming.
So nazis are behind the global warming hysteria? I figured you were more likely to blame the...

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#7217 Oct 29, 2012
Halonen is Conan OBrien wrote:
<quoted text>
Nazi Gunther Schwab came up with the idea of Apocalyptic global warming.
Yet before that there were others warning of a global ice age and blamed what happened to the Titanic on that.
PHD

Overton, TX

#7218 Oct 30, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
And how would they stop me from moving there if I wanted to. In fact I would imagine that they would love to have my entire family and the additional tax revenue we would provide over someone collecting welfare.
WOW the one that collects free entitlements from US the Real TAX PAYERS posts the norm. Based on your norm the no answer to any questions you are Less than a Box of Rocks. Hay that movement you made while sitting on the pot is not a biology class.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#7220 Oct 30, 2012
polski kielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence? Global warming paranoia started during the satellite age. To suggest we have such data going back to the start of the Industrial Revolution is...
...to insinuate that our data gathering abilities have improved since the 1970's?

No, what you mean to infer is that satellites kill brain cells. Since a Sacramento talk radio show started in 1984 and was syndicated in 1988, people have been getting more and more ignorant, and this has accelerated with the creation of a certain cable "news" channel in 1996.
PHD

Overton, TX

#7221 Oct 31, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet before that there were others warning of a global ice age and blamed what happened to the Titanic on that.
And your lack of knowledge was blamed on your educators. The real issue is you’re a product of the one child left behind program and now you’re Less than a Box of Rock.

“Trust no one in politics.”

Since: Apr 08

Pompano Beach, FL

#7222 Nov 4, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
...to insinuate that our data gathering abilities have improved since the 1970's?

No, what you mean to infer is that satellites kill brain cells. Since a Sacramento talk radio show started in 1984 and was syndicated in 1988, people have been getting more and more ignorant, and this has accelerated with the creation of a certain cable "news" channel in 1996.
Nonsense. The shrinking of the polar ice caps and harping on global warming thing is largely the product of global satellite imaging. This means that there is no real data from before Sputnik to compare.

Also... 1996?... I am pretty sure CNN is older than that.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#7223 Nov 4, 2012
uther pendragon wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. The shrinking of the polar ice caps and harping on global warming thing is largely the product of global satellite imaging. This means that there is no real data from before Sputnik to compare.
Also... 1996?... I am pretty sure CNN is older than that.
You mean apart from the observations made by people sailing ships around the Arctic for the previous century and more?

http://www.skepticalscience.com/pics/HistSumm...
PHD

Overton, TX

#7224 Nov 5, 2012
We all prove that climate change takes place daily. We look out the window feel warm or cold, wet or dry and make change to be protected and comfortable. So we all are scientist.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#7225 Nov 5, 2012
If Fair Game is right and Sandy was evidence of climate change, then so is every other storm. All storms are physical proof of climate change. We've never been able to mitigate climate change, only how to adapt.

Adapt, don't mitigate.
PHD

Overton, TX

#7226 Nov 5, 2012
There you have the scientist have made a judgment. It would be a good thing for the world if they devoted their attention to the real issues that cause not cause climate change.
Donmore

Peterborough, Canada

#7227 Nov 6, 2012
Why does everyone believe that climate change is real? This is another government conspiracy to make us all fear for our lives and in the end give in to their needs. We had climate change before back in the 15th century when reports of snow falling until June and beginning again in September were a real thing. Only difference back then? They blamed this phenomenon on Witchcraft. They believed that witch's caused the long winters, draughts and other natural occurances because it was an easy scapegoat. Their have always been times where weather has changed and then worked itself out. The only difference now is science allows us to see every little change and we must put an explanation on everything because if you can't explain something its even scarier.
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#7228 Nov 6, 2012
Donmore wrote:
Why does everyone believe that climate change is real? This is another government conspiracy to make us all fear for our lives and in the end give in to their needs. We had climate change before back in the 15th century when reports of snow falling until June and beginning again in September were a real thing. Only difference back then? They blamed this phenomenon on Witchcraft. They believed that witch's caused the long winters, draughts and other natural occurances because it was an easy scapegoat. Their have always been times where weather has changed and then worked itself out. The only difference now is science allows us to see every little change and we must put an explanation on everything because if you can't explain something its even scarier.
We all believe climate change is real because the climate has always been in flux. It operates much like a pendulum with periods of warming followed by period of cooling. There is nothing really that man can do about it. The natural cycles of nature.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Yeah 1,100,226
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 min lmao 46,314
Abby 8-29 46 min pde 11
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 49 min andet1987 1,452
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 53 min andet1987 569
Word (Dec '08) 59 min andet1987 4,652
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 68,989
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Mimi Seattle 97,933
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr wojar 177,384
Amy 8-29 10 hr Kuuipo 13
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••