Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus...

Full story: Hartford Courant

Scientists studying the changing nature of the Earth's climate say they have completed one crucial task - proving beyond a doubt that global warming is real.

Comments (Page 346)

Showing posts 6,901 - 6,920 of7,946
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Judged:

Well, tina does not get it even after years in this forum! She's experiencing a dual climate effect, hurricane meeting a cold front. So what do you call it?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

http://news.discovery.com/earth/frankenstorm-...

Frankenstorm Hurricane Sandy From Space: Big Vid
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Romney cancels Sunday Virginia Beach rally

http://www.topix.com/city/virginia-beach-va/2...

P.S. Reminds us of the GOP convention this year.
PHD

Lampasas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>And we're still waiting.
Would we're be you and the Less than a Box of Rocks AKA"tina"?Have youe seen your care giver today?
PHD

Lampasas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if I move to Maryland, Delaware, or even New York City. All we are predicted to see is lots of rain and cold temperatures. Which is great for pointing out to the shivering alarmist when discussing gobal warming.
Don't waste the gas those three states wouldn't allow you to move there.Well its no prediction that lots of rasin and cold temps are on the way its fact. See why your are Less than a Box of Rocks.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, that is the flaw in man made global warming and that isn't my position. As for graphs, many a con man has produced a report resplendant with graphs and all of them proving nothing.
Remember what Mark Twain said about lies. "There are three types of lies; lies, damm lies, and statics." is what Twain said. A graph is statistics wearing a pretty dress.
The evidence is clear that we've been generating millions of tons of CO2 since the start of the industrial revolution and that the evidence of global warming has coincided with it.(Up 20 ppm just in the last decade.) Also clear is that the primary resistance to global warming has come from individual political sources and not from the plurality of the scientific community.

"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes." - Mark Twain
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
The evidence is clear that we've been 'generating millions of tons of CO2' since the start of the industrial revolution and that the evidence of global warming has coincided with it.(Up 20 ppm just in the last decade.) Also clear is that the primary resistance to global warming has come from individual political sources and not from the plurality of the scientific community.
"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes." - Mark Twain
Agree with everything you say.... except your phrase,'generating millions of tons of CO2', must be multiplied by a minimum of 1000 times 1000.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
Well, tina does not get it even after years in this forum! She's experiencing a dual climate effect, hurricane meeting a cold front. So what do you call it?
Funny how you talk about global warming and a cold front. Nothing describes how silly the belief in man made global warming than an alarmist blaming a cold front on global warming.

All I saw in the Hampton Roads area is a normal storm. If the news hadn't mentioned it as a Hurricane I would of mistaken it for a run of the mill nor' easter and we have several of those a year.

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Don't waste the gas those three states wouldn't allow you to move there.Well its no prediction that lots of rasin and cold temps are on the way its fact. See why your are Less than a Box of Rocks.
And how would they stop me from moving there if I wanted to. In fact I would imagine that they would love to have my entire family and the additional tax revenue we would provide over someone collecting welfare.

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The evidence is clear that we've been generating millions of tons of CO2 since the start of the industrial revolution and that the evidence of global warming has coincided with it.(Up 20 ppm just in the last decade.) Also clear is that the primary resistance to global warming has come from individual political sources and not from the plurality of the scientific community.
Which explains how the lie of man made global warming made it around the world before the fact that it was nothing but a lie was still lacing up it's walking shoes.

The evidence is clear that the earth has been warming since the end of the last ice age. It is also evident that many in the scientific community has disageed and even published research to that effect. That climate change is natural and not man made. Published research that shows the CO2 levels rise after temperatures rise, that the rise of CO2 is an effect and not a cause. Maybe you should go back and read some of those studies. After all there are now thousands of them.
polski kielbasa

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence? Global warming paranoia started during the satellite age. To suggest we have such data going back to the start of the Industrial Revolution is...

Since: Aug 12

Brewster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

polski kielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence? Global warming paranoia started during the satellite age. To suggest we have such data going back to the start of the Industrial Revolution is...
Nazi Gunther Schwab came up with the idea of Apocalyptic global warming.
polski kielbasa

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Halonen is Conan OBrien wrote:
<quoted text>
So nazis are behind the global warming hysteria? I figured you were more likely to blame the...

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Halonen is Conan OBrien wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet before that there were others warning of a global ice age and blamed what happened to the Titanic on that.
PHD

Terrell, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
And how would they stop me from moving there if I wanted to. In fact I would imagine that they would love to have my entire family and the additional tax revenue we would provide over someone collecting welfare.
WOW the one that collects free entitlements from US the Real TAX PAYERS posts the norm. Based on your norm the no answer to any questions you are Less than a Box of Rocks. Hay that movement you made while sitting on the pot is not a biology class.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

polski kielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>
...to insinuate that our data gathering abilities have improved since the 1970's?

No, what you mean to infer is that satellites kill brain cells. Since a Sacramento talk radio show started in 1984 and was syndicated in 1988, people have been getting more and more ignorant, and this has accelerated with the creation of a certain cable "news" channel in 1996.
PHD

Terrell, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet before that there were others warning of a global ice age and blamed what happened to the Titanic on that.
And your lack of knowledge was blamed on your educators. The real issue is you’re a product of the one child left behind program and now you’re Less than a Box of Rock.

“Trust no one in politics.”

Since: Apr 08

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
...to insinuate that our data gathering abilities have improved since the 1970's?

No, what you mean to infer is that satellites kill brain cells. Since a Sacramento talk radio show started in 1984 and was syndicated in 1988, people have been getting more and more ignorant, and this has accelerated with the creation of a certain cable "news" channel in 1996.
Nonsense. The shrinking of the polar ice caps and harping on global warming thing is largely the product of global satellite imaging. This means that there is no real data from before Sputnik to compare.

Also... 1996?... I am pretty sure CNN is older than that.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

uther pendragon wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. The shrinking of the polar ice caps and harping on global warming thing is largely the product of global satellite imaging. This means that there is no real data from before Sputnik to compare.
Also... 1996?... I am pretty sure CNN is older than that.
You mean apart from the observations made by people sailing ships around the Arctic for the previous century and more?

http://www.skepticalscience.com/pics/HistSumm...
PHD

Terrell, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

We all prove that climate change takes place daily. We look out the window feel warm or cold, wet or dry and make change to be protected and comfortable. So we all are scientist.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,901 - 6,920 of7,946
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

99 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Abby 7-14 6 min pde 10
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min lily boca raton fl 1,073,400
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 22 min TRD 67,556
Amy 7-14 24 min Toj 5
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 34 min not a ghost 4,490
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 36 min not a ghost 1,408
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 38 min not a ghost 410
•••
•••