Scientists say they have proved clima...

Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus...

There are 7942 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Dec 9, 2008, titled Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus.... In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Scientists studying the changing nature of the Earth's climate say they have completed one crucial task - proving beyond a doubt that global warming is real.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#7188 Oct 24, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
First, if you are going to provide proof you should find something a little more reliable than wikipedia. So many of wikipedia's entries on the subject of climate change was more fiction than fact. Wikipedia is so bad that many teachers and professors refuse to accept as a valid source. Of course it could be worse like skepticalscience web site.
As for Dr Grey, who was a professor at Colorado University a leading research institute for climate change with a far better reputation than NASA or the IPCC seems to agree with thier former professor. Not to mention that many orginal climatologist started out in meteorolgy.
Maybe you should research those scientist and their opinion. What is there track record. Have there opinions changed in the past and if so what were they then. Who funds there research?
The graph contains citations. The flaw with your position is elementary - you are starting with a presupposition and then look for supportive scholars and data, and are dismissive of any science which is contrary. There is no doubt at all that we are pumping CO2 into the atmosphere. If someone hands you a gun and tells you its loaded, will you look for the 1 in 100 gunsmiths that will agree with you that the bullets might be duds before you aim at your stomach and fire?
Political avarice is not science.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#7189 Oct 25, 2012
Pump CO2, that's the job of life.
SpaceBlues

Pasadena, TX

#7190 Oct 25, 2012
Where were you when this was published?

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v239/n53...
HAY

Kempner, TX

#7191 Oct 25, 2012
Looks like the dude is pumping C0
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#7192 Oct 25, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
These deniers say anything without responsibilty. So:
Michael Mann, a scientist at the centre of the "climate wars", has sued a rightwing thinktank and a magazine for comparing him to the convicted sex offender and disgraced football coach Jerry Sandusky and accusing him of academic fraud.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2012/oc...
Excellent! Excellent! Now if some of the internet posters can be imprisoned for slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigisms AND proud threats, toxic topix & other websites can be run as they should be run.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#7193 Oct 26, 2012
"James Hansen said the average U.S. temperature had risen from one to two degrees since 1958 and is predicted to increase an additional 3 or 4 degrees sometime between 2010 and 2020."

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#7194 Oct 26, 2012
HAY wrote:
Looks like the dude is pumping C0
Looks like? I quit smoking and carbon monoxide is colorless.

#7195 Oct 26, 2012
“Within 15 years, global temperatures will rise to a level which hasn’t existed on earth for 100,000 years”.
James Hansen 1986

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#7196 Oct 26, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
“Within 15 years, global temperatures will rise to a level which hasn’t existed on earth for 100,000 years”.
James Hansen 1986
Reminds me of the personal jetpack predictions.

The nice thing is a decade from now I will be standing on the same spot on the beach watching my grandkids play in the ocean as I did a decade ago watching my kids play. And the water will still be laping at my toes while it happens.

Of course by then the alarmist will be squaking about a global ice age. How the deserts will grow as all the water is locked up in the ice. Shorter growing seasons leading to world wide starvation.

Norfolk va

#7197 Oct 26, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The graph contains citations. The flaw with your position is elementary - you are starting with a presupposition and then look for supportive scholars and data, and are dismissive of any science which is contrary. There is no doubt at all that we are pumping CO2 into the atmosphere. If someone hands you a gun and tells you its loaded, will you look for the 1 in 100 gunsmiths that will agree with you that the bullets might be duds before you aim at your stomach and fire?
Political avarice is not science.
Actually, that is the flaw in man made global warming and that isn't my position. As for graphs, many a con man has produced a report resplendant with graphs and all of them proving nothing.

Remember what Mark Twain said about lies. "There are three types of lies; lies, damm lies, and statics." is what Twain said. A graph is statistics wearing a pretty dress.

#7198 Oct 26, 2012
Michael Mann wrote:
One of the more robust predictions is that in the Atlantic, hurricane intensities have increased and they will likely continue to increase, and so, it’s part of a trend, Katrina, the record season of 2005 was part of a trend towards more destructive storms...
And we're still waiting.
SpaceBlues

Pasadena, TX

#7199 Oct 26, 2012
It's convenient for tina to focus on ancient times or the cyclic climate events. That way the culprit modern man-made greenhouse gas emissions are not mentioned even though pollution activities continue increasing in amounts and rates.
SpaceBlues

Pasadena, TX

#7200 Oct 26, 2012
We have a hurricane coming at tina's home. TODAY!

Norfolk va

#7201 Oct 26, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
It's convenient for tina to focus on ancient times or the cyclic climate events. That way the culprit modern man-made greenhouse gas emissions are not mentioned even though pollution activities continue increasing in amounts and rates.
And it is convient for you to ignore the past. After all, it tends to prove how wrong you are.

Norfolk va

#7202 Oct 26, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
We have a hurricane coming at tina's home. TODAY!
Only if I move to Maryland, Delaware, or even New York City. All we are predicted to see is lots of rain and cold temperatures. Which is great for pointing out to the shivering alarmist when discussing gobal warming.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#7203 Oct 26, 2012
tiny-minded anne wrote:
Remember what Mark Twain said about lies. "There are three types of lies; lies, damm(sic) lies, and statics(sic)."
Either you lied about two of Twain's 'types', or your typing & your caring about your typing, is very very poor.

Your education is 'damm static'!
SpaceBlues

Pasadena, TX

#7204 Oct 26, 2012
Well, tina does not get it even after years in this forum! She's experiencing a dual climate effect, hurricane meeting a cold front. So what do you call it?
SpaceBlues

Pasadena, TX

#7205 Oct 26, 2012
http://news.discovery.com/earth/frankenstorm-...

Frankenstorm Hurricane Sandy From Space: Big Vid
SpaceBlues

Pasadena, TX

#7206 Oct 26, 2012
Romney cancels Sunday Virginia Beach rally

http://www.topix.com/city/virginia-beach-va/2...

P.S. Reminds us of the GOP convention this year.
PHD

Kempner, TX

#7207 Oct 26, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>And we're still waiting.
Would we're be you and the Less than a Box of Rocks AKA"tina"?Have youe seen your care giver today?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Propagandason Coo... 1,275,113
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 22 min Fahey Flynn 100,633
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 196,945
ask amy 8-29-15 4 hr PEllen 1
abby 8-28-15 4 hr PEllen 1
News Peggy Hubbard Exposes Hypocrisy of #blacklivesm... 4 hr reality is a crutch 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr Red_Forman 6,403
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages