Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus...

Full story: Hartford Courant

Scientists studying the changing nature of the Earth's climate say they have completed one crucial task - proving beyond a doubt that global warming is real.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of7,946
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
zoroaster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 9, 2008
 

Judged:

4

3

2

I love how climate change and global warming are synonymous in these statements.
snoopy

Easton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 9, 2008
 

Judged:

4

2

1

what exactly is the "right" temperature for the climate? 50, 60, 70, 80?
Podd Talin

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 9, 2008
 

Judged:

8

7

4

"Scientists say they have proved climate change is real".

Obama hasn't even taken office yet and already the environment is suffering the negative effects. I wonder how much worse things will get under Obama's regime? Can our fragile world survive four years of this man's leadership?
Robert

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 9, 2008
 

Judged:

6

2

1

They've "proven" that climate change is real? Haw Haw Haw

I could have told them that when I was about 5 years old.
Mazikeen

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 9, 2008
 

Judged:

9

7

7

I love these pseudo sciences.. I wonder what they will talk about in 10 years when the earth starts to go through a cooling cylce again.. LMAO!
DeeDee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 9, 2008
 

Judged:

7

7

5

Duh! It has been changing since the ice age, or we'd all be sittin on our own little iceberg. I don't believe it is completely due to the actions of humans.
TNT

Nashville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 9, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Robert wrote:
They've "proven" that climate change is real? Haw Haw Haw
I could have told them that when I was about 5 years old.
But then, that was last year. We're talking about now.
Walther

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 9, 2008
 

Judged:

10

6

6

What the hell is this "climate change" talk? What happened to Global Warming? I'll tell you what happened - it's all a farce and a big lie intended to take money from the western nations and give it to the weak, poor nations. All a big fat massive lie that so many suckers are buying.
jjrg7

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 9, 2008
 

Judged:

8

4

1

Of course climate change is real. Our "environment" isn't static, it never was and never will be. The earth consistently goes through periods of warming and cooling and perhaps is in a current warming period. The junk science comes in in falsy stating that humans are the reason and that we are so powerful what we do could actually alter the weather patterns in some way.
zoroaster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 9, 2008
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Walther wrote:
What the hell is this "climate change" talk? What happened to Global Warming? I'll tell you what happened - it's all a farce and a big lie intended to take money from the western nations and give it to the weak, poor nations. All a big fat massive lie that so many suckers are buying.
They've become inter-changable so that when you say climate change, you get the added stigma of human influence that became associated with the term Global Warming. Nice trick huh? That way you can say what you don't mean and mean what you don't say.
Trollicus

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 9, 2008
 

Judged:

6

5

3

Scientist also believe in foolish things like "Evolution" , "Vaccination" and a "round earth"
Ohno

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 9, 2008
 

Judged:

4

2

1

Trollicus wrote:
Scientist also believe in foolish things like "Evolution" , "Vaccination" and a "round earth"
Because if they didn't they wouldn't get any funding. Esp the last one.
Old Hippie

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 9, 2008
 

Judged:

12

7

5

Climate change is real and is caused by greedy America's addiction to oil.
GEO

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 9, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Old Hippie wrote:
Climate change is real and is caused by greedy America's addiction to oil.
I thought it was due to China spewing out tons of polution into the air every day. China has no Air Quality measures thats why its cheaper to Mfr there.
GEO

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 9, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

This stinks, The cleaner the air is -- The Hotter the sun gets!
Northie

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 9, 2008
 

Judged:

6

6

3

GEO wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it was due to China spewing out tons of polution into the air every day. China has no Air Quality measures thats why its cheaper to Mfr there.
China and India just began spewing greenhouse gases. We've been doing it in North America and Europe for more than a century, so the Chinese and Indians rightly expect us to take the lead in cleaning up the mess; once we do, they will follow.

Overall, it'll cost about 1% of global GDP to solve this, and it'll have the happy effect of building our own energy independence as well. Not a heavy cost at all--IF we start soon.
Bob Burns

Kunming, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Dec 10, 2008
 

Judged:

5

5

4

So as the world gets colder, "scientists" refuse to look out their window, instead cling to their useless models. Gotta love it
Bob Burns

Kunming, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Dec 10, 2008
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
China and India just began spewing greenhouse gases. We've been doing it in North America and Europe for more than a century, so the Chinese and Indians rightly expect us to take the lead in cleaning up the mess; once we do, they will follow.
Overall, it'll cost about 1% of global GDP to solve this, and it'll have the happy effect of building our own energy independence as well. Not a heavy cost at all--IF we start soon.
Follow you over the cliff? I don't think so. But go ahead. Ha ha
Mazikeen

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Dec 10, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Trollicus wrote:
<quoted text>
China is switching from coal to a cheaper alternative, children. They burn nice and slow...
Hey life is cheap in the third world, always low prices, always.
Ahh.. the many benefits of "free" trade...
Sorry, but that was probably the funniest thing I have read in a while.. For all we know it's probably true..lol
zoroaster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Dec 10, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Old Hippie wrote:
Climate change is real and is caused by greedy America's addiction to oil.
Climate Change is real and is caused by natural fluctuations in the Earth's environment. Global Warming, in the Al Gore sense, is an increase in the Earth's over-all temperature which is most probably influenced by human activity. However, the degree of influence, no pun intended, is not completely clear.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of7,946
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••