Illinois a magnet for illegal immigrants

Full story: Daily Herald 16
The day before the Arizona immigration law was to take effect on Thursday, July 29, Judge Susan Bolton, despite the fact that the Arizona law was written to conform to federal law, issued a temporary injunction against the most crucial aspect of the law which allowed police to determine the immigration status of people they stop and suspect of ... Full Story
Exactly

United States

#1 Aug 22, 2010
We need to rid ourselves of Luis Gutierrez and Mayor Daley for starters!
Mismatch

New York, NY

#2 Aug 22, 2010
Mayor Daley and his hoodlum buddies are in violation of the law by making the statement that Chicago is a sanctuary city. That declaration is an obstruction of justice, it amounts to saying Chicago will aid and abet the illegal immigrants despite the law which requires the opposite - government jurisdictions are held to the requirement to report illegals to the proper law enforcement agencies. Hypocracy at work with Mayor Daley leading the gang of thugs.
Sanctuary cities are nothing other than havens for the illegals to infest and propagate with anchor babies.
Exactly, your are correct, with the likes of Gutierrez and Daley Chicago and also Illinois can look forward to a Mexifornia style calamity. Broke and in chaos due to the molly coddle of the illegals by the illegal immigration apologists.

Since: Aug 10

United States

#3 Aug 22, 2010
Mismatch wrote:
Mayor Daley and his hoodlum buddies are in violation of the law by making the statement that Chicago is a sanctuary city. That declaration is an obstruction of justice, it amounts to saying Chicago will aid and abet the illegal immigrants despite the law which requires the opposite - government jurisdictions are held to the requirement to report illegals to the proper law enforcement agencies. Hypocracy at work with Mayor Daley leading the gang of thugs.
Sanctuary cities are nothing other than havens for the illegals to infest and propagate with anchor babies.
Exactly, your are correct, with the likes of Gutierrez and Daley Chicago and also Illinois can look forward to a Mexifornia style calamity. Broke and in chaos due to the molly coddle of the illegals by the illegal immigration apologists.
Arrest, convictt and imprision employers of illegals. That will clean up most of your problem.
TEA

United States

#4 Aug 22, 2010
Illinois is a cesspool of corruption that needs to be cleaned...
Mismatch

New York, NY

#5 Aug 22, 2010
Richard Weed - Indeed, I agree. That action will have the illegals self deporting within a month, and quite possible teach the employers a lesson or two.
My question is this - Who has the stones to do exactly that?
There is an entrenched minority of people who benefit from this situation and sadly they hold the reins at this time. They will do what ever they feel is needed to protect their own selfish interests and the public be damned. The vote is one of the few methods to pry these corrupted politicians out of the lairs, we may need to choose between the lesser of two evils to replace these rascals and scoundrels.
Remember, these employers bankroll the politicians and give heavily to their war chests, the politicians will return the favor and protect them at all costs, again the public be damned.
Chicago

United States

#6 Aug 22, 2010
TEA wrote:
Illinois is a cesspool of corruption that needs to be cleaned...
Personally i hope the Feds have a 2nd trial of Blago, only this time Obama, Emanuel, Jackson, Jr, Jerrot, etc. must take the stand!
woodstock Illinois

Belvidere, IL

#7 Dec 29, 2012
Alliance contractors in woodstock is giving good union jobs to illegals...........They need to use E verify and screen them,our tax dollars from state jobs goes to alliance,illegals should not benefit from our tax dollars.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#8 Dec 29, 2012
woodstock Illinois wrote:
Alliance contractors in woodstock is giving good union jobs to illegals..........They need to use E verify and screen them,our tax dollars from state jobs goes to alliance,illegals should not benefit from our tax dollars.
i look for the jobs building the high speed train to no where doing the same.with things the way they are there is no reason under then sun to give any job to other than USA citizens.

there is no need for illegals or any other workers not U.S. citizens
tabascoworm

United States

#9 May 7, 2013
If we ever recover from the mess that Obama has made letting in 11 million plus illeagl mexicans into the US when thier are US citzens out of work.
bozo view

Nashua, NH

#11 May 8, 2013
ya got to remember that axiom from economics 101 which states.

"WHAT YOU TAX YOU GET LESS OF WHAT YOU SUBSIDIZE YOU GET MORE OF"

Now just look around your city, county state see the effects of 60 years of ignoring that axiom.

Do you see all those MFG jobs???

Oh wait, I forgot they left for more business friendly environments years ago, remember you drove them off with really needlessly complicated business regulations years ago along with high business taxes. Unions piling on didn't help either.

But you do see all of those illegal immigrants clogging up your welfare offices in you sanctuary city. Gotta love that name Sanctuary city.....

The only way your going to get rid of the illegals is the way you drove off business years ago , you need to put high taxes on welfare payments, close the welfare offices or unionize the welfare system which will slow it way down with those silly ass work to rule regulations unions love.

You could put in a lot of silly restrictive, punitive rules to receive welfare payment which would drive a lot of illegals away. Hey it worked before when you drove business out of Chicago it could work again with illegals.

With the illegals gone the Negros on the south side would have drug sales, drive by shootings & welfare offices all to them selves, they might even get ebonics as a second language in the city how about that Negros???

That's a lofty goal to be sure but a goal none the less.
UScitizen

Spring Valley, CA

#12 May 8, 2013
Hire an American citizen.
It is much all our fault. Next time you have a medial job that needs to be done go to a homeless shelter and hire a homeless American citizen.
Here in south california, I havent seen any landscaper who is not hispanic. Restaurant workers too. The bus boys and dish washers. Stop patronizing businesses who dont hire American citizens.
barry soetoros home town

Minneapolis, MN

#13 May 8, 2013
Exactly wrote:
We need to rid ourselves of Luis Gutierrez and Mayor Daley for starters!
Illinois is a save haven, barry soetoro will do NOTHING to stop the ILLEGALS.
Juan Too

Phoenix, AZ

#14 May 8, 2013
UScitizen wrote:
Stop patronizing businesses who dont hire American citizens.
Double negative. You probably can't get a job doing anything more than washing dishes or busing tables.
Bozos reality

Nashua, NH

#15 May 8, 2013
Juan Too wrote:
<quoted text>
Double negative. You probably can't get a job doing anything more than washing dishes or busing tables.
Look at the positive side of his comments.
The comments were in english not ebonics or gutter spanish
You can't assume or prejudge people based on a very small random sampling of comments.
This guy may be a wizzard , he may have invented , or discovered something, he could be a billonair, one of those idle rich person you read about just frittering his time away on the internet waiting for his next big invention which could bring him more billions.
Or he could be working in Chicago city hall drafting new parking regulations , some teachers union hall or welfare office.
ya just never know......

“Reconquista y Xenocracy”

Since: May 13

Tijuana Mx

#16 May 8, 2013
Bozos reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the positive side of his comments.
The comments were in english not ebonics or gutter spanish
You can't assume or prejudge people based on a very small random sampling of comments.
This guy may be a wizzard , he may have invented , or discovered something, he could be a billonair, one of those idle rich person you read about just frittering his time away on the internet waiting for his next big invention which could bring him more billions.
Or he could be working in Chicago city hall drafting new parking regulations , some teachers union hall or welfare office.
ya just never know......
Sure, sure, and I'm actually Carlos Slim, the worlds richest man.
bozo view

Nashua, NH

#17 May 8, 2013
Juan Too wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, sure, and I'm actually Carlos Slim, the worlds richest man.
Well could you lend me a million until pay day??

I was born here but don't have a Porsche convertible or summer house in Puerto Rico yet..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Jay 1,154,318
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 36 min Frijoles 71,119
Disgraceful treatment at O'Hare 46 min far away 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 181,872
The truth regarding Ebola 1 hr STORY NOW ON TV 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 51,264
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 49,238
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:21 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:21PM