Mobile X-ray device meant to kill peo...

Mobile X-ray device meant to kill people at a mosque

Posted in the Chicago Forum

Tempe, AZ

#1 Jan 23, 2014
Guilt admitted in X-ray scheme

January 23, 2014

By ARTHUR CLEVELAND , The Leader Herald

ALBANY - A Hudson man charged with helping to build a mobile X-ray device meant to kill people at a mosque and an Islamic center has pleaded guilty to providing material support to terrorists.

Eric Feight, 55, made the admission Wednesday in federal court in Albany. He's being held until sentencing May 22 and faces a maximum of 15 years in prison, a $250,000 fine and up to life in supervised release.

In a separate proceeding, co-defendant Glendon Scott Crawford, 49, of Galway was arraigned on three charges, including attempting to produce and use a radiological dispersal device, conspiracy to use a weapon of mass destruction and distributing information relating to weapons of mass destruction.

He pleaded not guilty and was ordered detained pending further court action.

The indictment against Crawford relates to "the development of and plans to use a remotely operated radiation-emitting device to kill humans," a Wednesday news release from the U.S. Department of Justice stated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min Grey Ghost 1,293,354
abby 10-9 33 min Mister Tonka 5
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 47 min woodtick57 198,640
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 57 min kjf1212 410
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Red_Forman 6,612
my 10-9 2 hr Mister Tonka 6
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr Hatti_Hollerand 1,749
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 14 hr honest observation 100,871
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages