Comments
1 - 20 of 322 Comments Last updated Mar 20, 2014
First Prev
of 17
Next Last
Jean

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 14, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

This store is a must to avoid. They sell a lot of their own name brand stuff which is awful and can make you sick. I got severe food poisoning from one of their beef products and nearly died. But the media wanted no part of it. I called the corporate office in Batavia and they were very hostile to put it mildly.

You're better off paying more money for quality food, so folks should stay clear of Aldi's.
Gerald

Bensenville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

I stopped shopping at Aldi's last year. I bought some bananas that turned out to be very rotten and made me sick. The store gave me the number of the corporate office. Yes, "hostile" would be the best way to describe them. They don't care about their customers in the least!
Motorcycle Mama

Elmhurst, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 16, 2012
 
I totally agree with the above two posts. Aldi's is a bargain basement pit. I wouldn't go there even if everything was free! Even Walmart is "State of the Art" in comparison and I would never shop there either.
Jenny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 18, 2012
 
Their Harwood Heights location is filthy!
No Aldi

Itasca, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 22, 2012
 
I had a bad experience at their Harwood Heights location. Target and Jewel are more expensive, but at least you get quality at those places.
Analogy

Bensenville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 22, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Those who shop at Aldi and still support Obama have one thing in common: They're clueless!
One Thing Only

Wood Dale, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 23, 2012
 
They have good prices on laundry detergent. But I would NEVER EVER buy food there!
Land of Stupidity

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 24, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

You Americans have nobody but yourselves to blame for the way big corporate chains like this treat you.
Pathetic to keep electing people who rob from the poor to pay rich companies like this.
Gerald

Bensenville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Land of Stupidity wrote:
You Americans have nobody but yourselves to blame for the way big corporate chains like this treat you.
Pathetic to keep electing people who rob from the poor to pay rich companies like this.
I think you Canucks have enough problems of your own. Your healthcare is a joke and your country couldn't defend itself against most developed countries including Russia or China.
Paula

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 27, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Gerald wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you Canucks have enough problems of your own. Your healthcare is a joke and your country couldn't defend itself against most developed countries including Russia or China.
I'm not into that Canada vs USA stuff. Both are wonderful countries. However, if you allow Obama four more years, he'll destroy both, not to mention the rest of the world.
No More Aldi

Villa Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Two years ago, I'd shop there once in a while. Prices were way lower than other supermarkets. Not anymore! Now places like Walmart have better prices AND better quality. So now Aldi is poor quality at average prices. No thanks!
lol at chicago

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 5, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

lolol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not bad
I think most Aldi locations are near Chicago because they figure Chicago people are the only ones dumb enough to shop there.

Since: Dec 07

DuPage County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

lol at chicago wrote:
<quoted text>I think most Aldi locations are near Chicago because they figure Chicago people are the only ones dumb enough to shop there.
Based on the criminals that Chicago residents elect every year......
shopper

Camby, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 6, 2012
 
the aldis in indy are bad, dirty, and cant keep help.i heard they are a huge test market for products,so mabe they dont care as long as they have quick turnover of product, but looking at the produce it always looks like its been there awhile.
Billi Jeanu

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 7, 2012
 
Aldi sells a lot of stuff imported from third world countries. Stuff that can make you VERY sick!
Shop Smart

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

When I think of Aldi I think of sweat shops. As for their bananas, stay away unless you want to kill yourself.
Gerald

Bensenville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 8, 2012
 
LOL @ Aldi bananas. Even when they look ripe they're always super soft. Something very wrong there.
Rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel

Oswego, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 9, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

4

Jean wrote:
This store is a must to avoid. They sell a lot of their own name brand stuff which is awful and can make you sick. I got severe food poisoning from one of their beef products and nearly died. But the media wanted no part of it. I called the corporate office in Batavia and they were very hostile to put it mildly.
You're better off paying more money for quality food, so folks should stay clear of Aldi's.
Then DON'T SHOP THERE! YOU have the FREEDOM of CHOICE! Whining citizens like yourself is the reason little league losers get a trophy. Anyone that has had a basic high school economics class knows what Aldi's business plan is about. I'm sure you would still complain if all grocery stores were like Whole Foods and it tripled your monthly grocery bill.
dem violence

Springfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 10, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel wrote:
<quoted text>
Then DON'T SHOP THERE! YOU have the FREEDOM of CHOICE! Whining citizens like yourself is the reason little league losers get a trophy. Anyone that has had a basic high school economics class knows what Aldi's business plan is about. I'm sure you would still complain if all grocery stores were like Whole Foods and it tripled your monthly grocery bill.
Self centered people like you don't understand. Some of us think of others and try to warn them, when a place is undesirable. People like you are also a boon to corrupt politicians because they know no matter how corrupt they get that door mats like you will just shrug it off. You suck!
Rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel

Oswego, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jul 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

dem violence wrote:
<quoted text>
Self centered people like you don't understand. Some of us think of others and try to warn them, when a place is undesirable. People like you are also a boon to corrupt politicians because they know no matter how corrupt they get that door mats like you will just shrug it off. You suck!
My point being is that it goes without saying! If someone doesn't know the level of food that Aldi's sells then their idiots. Its no different than shopping at Dollar General. Simple economics! Its called thinking for yourself. Your political attack affirms that your must be an out of work supporter of President Welfare!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

42 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min shinningelectr0n 1,078,985
Saving Catholic Schools 3 min larry 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 20 min JOEL 68,366
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 459
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Guy 174,508
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Mothra 45,768
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 67,894
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 hr Rose of Tralee 97,515
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 9:06PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••