First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#21 Mar 10, 2014
Toj wrote:
L2: Ministers are allowed to be in public without their collars -- aren't they? I don't know the answer to that. I also like the headphone idea.
My episcopal deacon MIL only wears her collar when she is "on duty."

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#22 Mar 10, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
This. I live near the University of Central Florida and you can't go in there ever without seeing half a dozen people in there wit laptops open, doing work, no doubt using the free wifi.
And by "there", I meant the Panera Bread 10 minutes from campus.

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#23 Mar 10, 2014
WTF?
HOw can one exist without coffee? You frigging machine! What do you drink, Motor oil?
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I don't claim to be an expert on coffee shops, as I don't drink coffee,

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#24 Mar 10, 2014
RACE wrote:
WTF?
HOw can one exist without coffee? You frigging machine! What do you drink, Motor oil?
<quoted text>
Well, I've cut way back on it, but main source of caffeine is/was soda. Now I go with Iced Tea. Never been a coffee drinker. Love Kahlua, though. Go figure.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#25 Mar 10, 2014
RACE wrote:
WTF?
<quoted text>
I hate coffee. Don't drink it, never have.
Even the smell disgusts me.
When I worked at McD in high school, on a Sat morn, the smell would nauseate me.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#26 Mar 10, 2014
RACE wrote:
I have empathy for the man, just not sympathy. If he wants to study without distraction, I suggest he gets his coffee to go, and visits a cemetery.
My point is that his job does not have set hours. People dont get sick and die only between 9 and 5. Neither do souls needing counsel. When people ask for his help, he is being given an opportunity to heal, and instead of seeing the blessing he is given, he only sees a chore he must do.
Now, about beer drinking.....
<quoted text>
My church has a senior pastor and 2 assistants. They rotate who is on pastoral duty so that each of them has time off.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#27 Mar 10, 2014
squishymama wrote:
LW1: I'm glad you're getting your medical issues under control, but lordamighty! you make me want to have a few beers.
LW2: Offer to set up a regular meeting with these guys (at the coffee shop) so that when they see at other times, they don't bother your studies.
And folks, being a minister is not a lucrative career choice. He's probably there for the free wi-fi because he has no internet connection at home.
You remember the Peanuts comic where Lucy is playing psychiatrist and has a sign that says the Doctor is In? Make one like that that says, Not, now, please or Come back later, I'm reading a memo from the Boss or something

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#28 Mar 10, 2014
Toj wrote:
L1: Well, I learned something today. Kidney disease and high blood pressure can go hand-in-hand. I also learned by a urinanalysis isn't the only test needed to be run to test for kidney disease. A GFR blood test is needed, too. See, Abby can be educational.
L2: Ministers are allowed to be in public without their collars -- aren't they? I don't know the answer to that. I also like the headphone idea.
An old friend's husband was first cousin to the Cardinal. The first time I met him he was in a golf shirt in the friends back yard for a BBQ. I was told - quietly- he was off duty and to call him by his first name.

The senior pastor at my "community" protestant church wears a collar most of the time -- except on the golf course . He was raised Catholic and ordained Methodist

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#29 Mar 11, 2014
If I could not have coffee in the morning, I just would not get out of bed.
There was a period where money was really tight, and I went to great lengths to make sure that even if I ran out of everything else (yes, even beer!) that I would have enough coffee for at least 6 months.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Guest 1,498,014
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min JRB 237,770
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 39 min Ize Found 71,397
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 52 min Julia 63,397
Nancy Pelosi (our demented gal). 15 hr Willie Wackoff 6
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 15 hr GEORGIA 2,486
Review: 24hrTrash 16 hr Steve smith 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages