Comments
21 - 40 of 52 Comments Last updated Jun 9, 2013
Thrasher

Chicago, IL

#23 Feb 22, 2012
The Norridge store is the worst. But still, why shop here or at Best Buy when the prices are better ordering online and you don't have to deal with poor customer service. This one is a no brainer.
Fran

Harwood Heights, IL

#24 Apr 21, 2012
I was at the Norridge store. I was LMAO when they threw out two different people at the same time and literally chased them out of the store. I found out later that contrary to store policy they refused to let those customers exchange items. I guess this wouldn't have been funny if this happened to me.
I Would Know

Harwood Heights, IL

#25 Apr 24, 2012
I was one of the two people they kicked out. Assuming we're talking about the same day. They screw everybody over left and right, then ban them from the store when they complain.
Sun Ray

Harwood Heights, IL

#26 Apr 24, 2012
Wow, this really sounds like a horrible company. Yet another big company taking advantage of the free ride the government is giving them. This has to be the very worst leadership since the British Redcoats!
Interesting

Chicago, IL

#27 Apr 26, 2012
I was only there once. The salespeople were high pressure, the managers were rude and the prices were in the stratosphere. It wasn't necessary to kick me out. I was glad to leave on my own.
Brainwashed Voters

Park Ridge, IL

#28 Apr 28, 2012
Companies like hhgregg are GUARANTEED by the likes of Obama and Bernanke not only to turn a profit no matter what, but a RECORD PROFIT!

In effect companies like this don't even need customers. They're simply just a few dollars more. With the media covering up all the wrong doings of companies like this is it any surprise that they're running roughshod over all their customers with reckless abandon?

But go ahead voters, especially you young ones. Just shrug your shoulders at the way our country is being destroyed. Especially you 20 something women. We're 16 trillion in debt, but it won't be long before it hits 20 trillion, because Bernanke is handing out trillions to companies like this via Wall Street.

But let's re-elect Obama. We don't need a middle class or Main Street anyway.
Wow

Des Plaines, IL

#29 Apr 29, 2012
More of the Same wrote:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/te levision-parts-services/hh-gre gg/hh-gregg-ripoff-on-extended -wa-5epa9.htm
There's a lot more where this came from. Also Google in "Complaints against hhgregg." They'll be a whole bunch of horror stories.
Thanks for the post. I was looking at this place for a TV, think I'll pass
Archie

Harwood Heights, IL

#30 May 2, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the post. I was looking at this place for a TV, think I'll pass
Some of us weren't warned in time. Got ripped off on a tablet there.
Sue

Schiller Park, IL

#31 May 5, 2012
On Second Thought wrote:
I was one of so may people who were fooled into thinking they were the best. They're based out of Indianapolis and recently opened up about 15 stores in the Chicago area. With years of poor management and customer service catching up to their main competitors like Sears and Best Buy, becoming the the best electronics and appliance company was theirs for the taking. Their Grand Opening was Spectacular! Their sales people were very friendly. But now we're finding out what they're REALLY all about: They love getting customers irate and I mean IRATE! For example they have a 30 day return policy. That is until you try to return the item. Than the policy is one day less than the day you try to return it. Yesterday at their Norridge location they got two different customers very irate at the same time and had to call the police on both them, while the managers and other employees just laughed at the angered customers. Double billing on the credit card is standard policy here as is re-selling returned items that were defective. And, the managers are just out and out ornery.
But should we be surprised? Thanks to "Quantitative Easing" (QE) set up by our wonderful president, public trading companies are showing record profits. How many more trillion dollars will be printed up by the FED and thrown into Wall Street in 2012? I would say enough for horrible companies like this to keep treating consumers like trash.
The manipulation of Wall Street is so obvious that ANYBODY should know it's happening. Yet half the people in this country still support Obama. That's really mind boggling.

Some companies are smart enough to know that the bailouts won't last forever and still treat their customers well. hhgregg is definitely not one of them. They're a must to avoid
I Know

United States

#32 May 19, 2012
Sue wrote:
<quoted text>
The manipulation of Wall Street is so obvious that ANYBODY should know it's happening. Yet half the people in this country still support Obama. That's really mind boggling.
Some companies are smart enough to know that the bailouts won't last forever and still treat their customers well. hhgregg is definitely not one of them. They're a must to avoid
I agree. Hopefuuly Obama loses the election. Then we have to pray that Mitt actually does something.
Occupy Yuppies

Bensenville, IL

#33 May 26, 2012
Add me to the list of people who had a rotten experience at hhgregg.
Mad Hatter

Franklin Park, IL

#34 Jun 1, 2012
Order online from Abt is the best option here. Shopping at hhgregg is the worst option. That's about all that needs to be said.
Motorcycle Mama

Melrose Park, IL

#35 Jun 16, 2012
The only that surprises me is this joke of a company even lasted this long.
Heres Johnny

Bensenville, IL

#36 Jun 22, 2012
I think they'll be belly up within a year.
Blame it on Obama

Wood Dale, IL

#37 Jun 23, 2012
When is the last time a major corporation has gone BK? In fact has anybody gone BK since Obama took office? If some of these companies started making deadly bombs you could buy at a corner store, would the media say anything? Hell no, unless it was a member of their family who became a victim.

Obama has given Corporate America a license to maim consumers. Companies like hhgregg are showing no mercy at all.
Land of Stupidity

Toronto, Canada

#38 Jun 24, 2012
Complaining about is not enough. Wake up and start electing people who will put an end to this corruption.
Lost Cause

Bensenville, IL

#39 Jul 8, 2012
Land of Stupidity wrote:
Complaining about is not enough. Wake up and start electing people who will put an end to this corruption.
You have that right. But Americans are too busy doing more important things like watching American Idol. The people who will suffer the most are the fools who like Obama as in the young voters. Hispanics will get thrown under the bus if Obama is elected and unemployment with blacks is 16 percent.
dem violence

Lisle, IL

#40 Jul 10, 2012
This is a terrible operation. I'm glad people are speaking up.
Mickey

Wood Dale, IL

#41 Jul 21, 2012
I'm surprised hhgregg lasted this long. They'll be belly up within a year.
Will

Lombard, IL

#43 Jul 23, 2012
Their salespeople are very rude and unprofessional, so it's no surprise they're struggling now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min wojar 177,385
Diversity is a codeword for white genocide 21 min 587uioy 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 68,991
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 46,316
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr edogxxx 97,934
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 2 hr SLY WEST 299
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 2 hr SLY WEST 7,749
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr Yeah 1,100,230
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••