hhgregg is the Worst Electronics and Appliance Company

Posted in the Chicago Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
On Second Thought

Oak Park, IL

#1 Feb 2, 2012
I was one of so may people who were fooled into thinking they were the best. They're based out of Indianapolis and recently opened up about 15 stores in the Chicago area. With years of poor management and customer service catching up to their main competitors like Sears and Best Buy, becoming the the best electronics and appliance company was theirs for the taking. Their Grand Opening was Spectacular! Their sales people were very friendly. But now we're finding out what they're REALLY all about: They love getting customers irate and I mean IRATE! For example they have a 30 day return policy. That is until you try to return the item. Than the policy is one day less than the day you try to return it. Yesterday at their Norridge location they got two different customers very irate at the same time and had to call the police on both them, while the managers and other employees just laughed at the angered customers. Double billing on the credit card is standard policy here as is re-selling returned items that were defective. And, the managers are just out and out ornery.

But should we be surprised? Thanks to "Quantitative Easing" (QE) set up by our wonderful president, public trading companies are showing record profits. How many more trillion dollars will be printed up by the FED and thrown into Wall Street in 2012? I would say enough for horrible companies like this to keep treating consumers like trash.
The FCM

Chicago, IL

#2 Feb 2, 2012
The FBI should change their name to the FCM: "Federal Corporate Mafia." After a dispute with a manager at hhgregg a few days ago, a salesman walked up to me and said he was well connected with the FBI. He said if there's any more problems, "They will take you down." A couple of days later when I walked into the same location, they had an old picture of me on several computers. The same salesman walked up to me and said "We know who you are." I had never given them my name.

To say the least, I think I'll take my business elsewhere!
Mike Ditka

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Feb 3, 2012
"One day less than the day you return it"? So let me get this straight: This company has a thirty-day return policy, and if one returns it thirty-one days later, and is denied, the company is "the worst"?(1) Did you know when you bought the product you had a thirty day return window?(2) Were you given a receipt that had a copy of their return policy?(3) Did you go to their website and review their return policy prior to your attempted return? Or read a sign in the store? Or take any personal responsibility whatsoever??(4) Are you the person that threw a fit and had to have the cops remove you? BTW, your statement of "Quantitative Easing" shows your absolute ignorance. Get a life, as well as your posting of a link to a clearly disgruntled former employee. GAL: Get A Life.
Sue

Palos Park, IL

#5 Feb 4, 2012
Mike Ditka wrote:
"One day less than the day you return it"? So let me get this straight: This company has a thirty-day return policy, and if one returns it thirty-one days later, and is denied, the company is "the worst"?(1) Did you know when you bought the product you had a thirty day return window?(2) Were you given a receipt that had a copy of their return policy?(3) Did you go to their website and review their return policy prior to your attempted return? Or read a sign in the store? Or take any personal responsibility whatsoever??(4) Are you the person that threw a fit and had to have the cops remove you? BTW, your statement of "Quantitative Easing" shows your absolute ignorance. Get a life, as well as your posting of a link to a clearly disgruntled former employee. GAL: Get A Life.
What's clear to me and I think the rest of the world is you're a manager for this rotten company. Please get out of Chicago. We don't want you. Best Buy is bad enough. But they're Mother Teresa compared to hhgregg.

In response to #4 how many of you threaten consumers in your stores per day? 100? 1000? 10,000? And how much in bonuses are the managers paid to get customers angry enough where the police have to be called?

We're catching on. We know Corporate America is getting a free ride. But hhgregg more so than any other company is really rubbing it our face.
Worse Than Us

United States

#6 Feb 4, 2012
Thank you hhgregg for making Best Buy look good. LMAO!!!! With idiots like you for competitors we at Best Buy might even last a few more years.
You're nothing but a bunch of gangbanger thugs trying to run a corporation. Does the FBI know you're using them to threaten people???? Well they know now! HAHAHAHAHAHA....
Bad Experience

Chicago, IL

#7 Feb 6, 2012
I also had that FBI threat tossed at me after a terrible store experience. They plastered a picture of me all over their computers and told me the FBI was looking for me for terrorist charges or something like that.

This place is totally crazy and an absolute must to avoid.
More of the Same

Chicago, IL

#8 Feb 6, 2012
http://www.ripoffreport.com/television-parts-...

There's a lot more where this came from. Also Google in "Complaints against hhgregg." They'll be a whole bunch of horror stories.
Dang

Chicago, IL

#9 Feb 6, 2012
When I heard hhgregg opened up some stores in Chicagoland, I thought that would be great news. I was so tired of Best Buy. Now we have to wonder if Best Buy and hhgregg are the same company under two different names. Why not!? The oil companies pretend like they're competing with each other.
Ron Paul 2012

Harwood Heights, IL

#10 Feb 6, 2012
If Ron Paul got elected president he wouldn't step in against hhgregg. However, he wouldn't step in on their behalf and give them billions in freebies like Obama and the FED are doing. Until the bailouts stop this is the way it will be. The only difference (as another poster mentioned) hhgregg is really rubbing it in our face.
Boycott Em

Lisle, IL

#11 Feb 8, 2012
We should picket everyone of these lousy stores until they pack up and get out of Chicagoland. I only shopped once at a store here. Never, ever, again.
The Word is Spreading

Chicago, IL

#12 Feb 9, 2012
hhgregg is being based on their home base at the Indy topic. One person in Indy gave a fairly honest response. This sounds like a pretty desperate company. I would avoid them at all costs.
The Word is Spreading

Chicago, IL

#13 Feb 9, 2012
being bashed that should be.
Hamster Herbert Gregg

Bellwood, IL

#14 Feb 11, 2012
There must be one thing good about them! Cmon now!
Over the Hill

Niles, IL

#15 Feb 11, 2012
Hamster Herbert Gregg wrote:
There must be one thing good about them! Cmon now!
The one good thing about them is past history. They did have a good grand opening. Aside from ordering online ABT may be about the only decent electronics store.
Hello Goodbye

Chicago, IL

#16 Feb 11, 2012
They act like they don't want or need our business, especially the managers.
Scratching My Head

Harwood Heights, IL

#17 Feb 14, 2012
Hello Goodbye wrote:
They act like they don't want or need our business, especially the managers.
I was at the Norridge store and their managers were crude and unprofessional beyond belief! Probably like that at all their outlets. They threaten to kill people there just for fun too.
Hallo

Germany

#18 Feb 14, 2012
so
Thank You

Chicago, IL

#20 Feb 16, 2012
Shop Abt wrote:
I don't know anything about hhGregg other than having seen their ads. Same for Fry Electronics. But seriously, you folks are within driving distance of Abt Electronics & TV. WHY would you shop anywhere else? Even if you don't want to drive there, buy online. This is a customer service company. If you have a problem, they want to fix it.
I didn't know you could buy ABT products online. I never wanted to make the drive from the SW side. Thanks for the post.
Unreal

Naperville, IL

#21 Feb 18, 2012
Mike Ditka wrote:
The real Mike Ditka would never back a bunch of scam artists like hhgregg. Just for the fun of it, he'd smash you all in the face and ask you if you like it!
Lawrence

United States

#22 Feb 20, 2012
Wonder if Abt would deliver to Minny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hy 13 min badstuber 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr James 68,516
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Scrutiny 178,111
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Petal Power 1,110,247
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Petal Power 46,744
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,726
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Mister Tonka 98,239
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••