Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
2. Barry is being lazy and using you as a surrogate for a real relationship with a female.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Certainly. But does this guy have a girlfriend? Has he ever had one? Does he date? If the answer to these questions is generally a 'no', then I think its even more likely that I'm spot on and he's pining for her.
"even his GIRLFRIEND says hes becoming very overbearing"

Save your thanks. I'm just a medium (it's a gift I have). This message was brought to you by my sponsor:

www.rif.org

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

RACE wrote:
except for the fact that your wrong. He DOES have a girlfriend. I even posted the quote.
<quoted text>
I missed that. Now I have no idea. Maybe it was his placeholder girlfriend till LW saw the light. Up is down black is white.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judge Janie wrote:
My stepfather is under hospice care in the final stages of Lewy Body Dementia (the second most common form of it after Alzheimer's; in fact, many LBD cases are initially mistakenly diagnosed as Alzheimer's), which he's had for many years. He hasn't known anyone or anything for a long time now. But I agree with Amy's suggestion about music, because he still responds to music no matter what it is.
The hospice people and his caregivers at his nursing home say that that's true for almost everyone with any form of dementia, including in the very last stages. Music is primal and universal.
my great aunt had dementia, and we just rolled with it... on her good days, we'd take her downt the hall to teh sunroom and had a chat. her bad days, we drove 45 minutes one way for a 5 minute chat. on one of her better days, aunt nan asked me how my boys were; none of us had any idea what boys - the family is full of them - but i rolled iwth it and said they're doing well. that worked for her.

there was anohter lady in residence there who was a great delight; she was having the time of her life in her demetia. we'd always have a caht with her.

my grandmother is forgetting more and more; she's not off in la la land, but we can not bring up somethign she was hot and bothered about and she'll forget about it. the latest thing is taht she wants to go out for waffles. my mom told her, sure, when it warms up and you're up for it. most likely, gramma will not ever be up for a trip out like that. plus, she's so fragile now that my mom refuses to take her out for a visit somewhere unless someone can pack gramma into and out of teh car. the end is definately near for her.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I missed that. Now I have no idea. Maybe it was his placeholder girlfriend till LW saw the light. Up is down black is white.
I know he technically has a gf, but I still think the LW is a surrogate for what he really wants. If his gf agrees he is being overbearing on the LW, the it is likely the LW is getting some of the attention the gf should be getting. He is comfortable with the LW, and while he might have a gf, she is likely nothing more than his gf "beard."

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
By the time I was in high school, I wasn't really interested in most of the girls in my own grade. A lot of the nice looking ones were more like sisters and in the "friend-zone." We might play grab a$s with each other and flirt, but I didn't really see them as girls I wanted to date.
You'd play grab-ass and flirt with your sister?
;)

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd play grab-ass and flirt with your sister?
;)
OF course not ... I'm a married man. Bwahahaha!

No way ... I said MORE LIKE ... as in comparatively.

;)

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

And once again sam back pedals, side steps, and makes stuff up! All in the vain hope that nobody will notice that she is WRONG!!

She had no clue the guy had a gf, but instead of admitting she misread (as tonka admitted) she says the GF is only GF by some magic technicality? Gee, wonder what that could be....Perhaps its the fact that he's banging her, she lives with him, and wears an engagement ring he bought her?

Next up she decides to add words the the column. Sam insists the GF " is being overbearing on the LW"
Please people! Where in the letter did it say that?? Absolutely nowhere! He added it to support his position that she was not WRONG.

So tiresome. Somebody give sam a reality check and let it know that its ok to admit when you are wrong. People might even learn to respect you a little when you do.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Just for point of accuracy, sam added these words to the lw " on the LW" The GF said he was acting overbearing, but not to who. It could have been the dog for all we know.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
And once again sam back pedals, side steps, and makes stuff up! All in the vain hope that nobody will notice that she is WRONG!!
She had no clue the guy had a gf, but instead of admitting she misread (as tonka admitted) she says the GF is only GF by some magic technicality? Gee, wonder what that could be....Perhaps its the fact that he's banging her, she lives with him, and wears an engagement ring he bought her?
Next up she decides to add words the the column. Sam insists the GF " is being overbearing on the LW"
Please people! Where in the letter did it say that?? Absolutely nowhere! He added it to support his position that she was not WRONG.
So tiresome. Somebody give sam a reality check and let it know that its ok to admit when you are wrong. People might even learn to respect you a little when you do.
Boy, does that hard-on you have for me ever give you mental blue balls? I can read, dum dum. Apparently you're the only one who can deduce or infer? First, it does say right in the letter that the gf thinks the guy is overbearing. Go back and read it again. Then, since you are so big on people admitting when they're wrong, you can lead by example.

Second, I stand by my position. The gf thinks he is overbearing about it, so obviously he is coming up somewhere short with her, otherwise why would she have anything upon which to base how overbearing he's being? Second, while he apparently technically has a gf, if he really was into her, whatever the LW was doing would not matter. He apparently does not have a healthy, satisfying relationship with the gf. The LW is the surrogate for that relationship. I understand that is not printed in black and white and requires a little reasoning so it is probably outside the parameters of your comprehension, but maybe if you go over it a few times and have someone help you with the big words yuo'll get it.

Wait, I forgot, you're the relationship guru. Never mind, I was wrong.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Gotta love the way she just holds doggedly to one particular point, even after I provided clarification.

Then she is master of reading into or "Inferring" what the LW meant. And amazingly her keen insight just happens to support her position she is spouting as proof.

Because we all know that even though it is not "Printed in black an white", only sam can deduce what was actually meant, and any other interpretation is simply the fanciful meanderings of an idiot.

Yup, all hail sam the know it all. Wanna know how smart she is? Just ask him.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Oh, sam....
I apologize, your a flipping moron and there is nothing I can do to help you. I hope you can forgive me.

Since: Nov 09

Wisconsin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

LW1: My grandmother has Alzheimers and can no longer recognize any of us. It's very depressing. I don't really have any suggestions, sadly.

LW2: Yuck. I get less judgment for my facial piercings from the 2-year-olds I work with. Distance yourself from this creeper--he seems overbearing and annoying. Let his girlfriend deal with him until she wises up and leaves him.

LW3: Didn't read the original; no comment.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Pixx wrote:
LW2: Yuck. I get less judgment for my facial piercings from the 2-year-olds I work with.
Hey girl! Good to see you back on the boards.

And since you're young and have few more unconventional piercings, I want to ask you about something I saw on a girl on the train last night.(Of course I couldn't just ask her, that would have just proved how old and uncool I've become.)

This girl had two what looked like piercings on the base of her neck, right on either side of her spine. The more I looked at them, the more I thought those can't be piercings. I've seen that cat-guy who can screw whiskers into his upper lip because he has these, for lack of a better word, implants in his lip and I'm guessing these were something similar.

Is this getting popular?'Cause I can handle a belly button ring or even a nose ring, but I don't know if I can deal with my child being able to screw some adornment onto their body.

Just wondering how much prep work I gotta do.
:D
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Gotta love the way she just holds doggedly to one particular point, even after I provided clarification.
Then she is master of reading into or "Inferring" what the LW meant. And amazingly her keen insight just happens to support her position she is spouting as proof.
Because we all know that even though it is not "Printed in black an white", only sam can deduce what was actually meant, and any other interpretation is simply the fanciful meanderings of an idiot.
Yup, all hail sam the know it all. Wanna know how smart she is? Just ask him.
Good morning, little man. Just becuase you can't understand something doesn't mean it's wrong.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Once again, sam skips the debate and launches right into hurling insults. No wonder she's considered a rental in the dating pool.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Once again, sam skips the debate and launches right into hurling insults. No wonder she's considered a rental in the dating pool.
That's right, and I know how much you hate insults. There is no point debating. You're not debating, you're trying to paint me as "wrong" on something that is an opinion. You don't agree with my opinion? Heck, I take that as a compliment. If you put half the energy you put into picking fights with me into actually having a meaningful discussion, you just might add something constructive around here from time to time.

Off for a nice sushi lunch. Toodles!

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Yay!
I got mean troll judging me!

Whoot!

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey girl! Good to see you back on the boards.
And since you're young and have few more unconventional piercings, I want to ask you about something I saw on a girl on the train last night.(Of course I couldn't just ask her, that would have just proved how old and uncool I've become.)
This girl had two what looked like piercings on the base of her neck, right on either side of her spine. The more I looked at them, the more I thought those can't be piercings. I've seen that cat-guy who can screw whiskers into his upper lip because he has these, for lack of a better word, implants in his lip and I'm guessing these were something similar.
Is this getting popular?'Cause I can handle a belly button ring or even a nose ring, but I don't know if I can deal with my child being able to screw some adornment onto their body.
Just wondering how much prep work I gotta do.
:D
i saw soemtihng that looked like what you're describing when i turned on teh TV once and it was "basketball wives" or seomthign like that... after going, "huh, wha the, how tha" i changed the channel. it didn't look gross as they were getting it done, but more weird, and why the f would that seem appealing (calling out my old and uncool status).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago