|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
LW2 does not sound affectionate. He sounds like he pays very close attention to whether an agreement has been literally complied with. Almost a martinet. Can't you just hear him telling her to sit up straight and cover her tatts when she goes outside?
He also abdicated his parent role and is perpetuating the discord that lead to the divorce by labeling his ex as her enabling mother instead of taking any responsibility for the girl's upbringing.
I don't condone the girl's life choices but I wouldn't want to hang with LW either.
You and SUb b oth hit on that, I think: He's not taking any responsibility for how his daughter has turned out.
Kuuipo

Monterey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
1- Sounds like you want out of this marriage and looking for justification. So you married a fraud. At least she didn't turn out to be a man.
2- Stop sending her money. Try to actually get together and do stuff with her.
3- Craaaazy loooove! Anyway, what's the big deal? I frequently tell people I met my gf in the psych ward. Usually good for a laugh.
Dog is 3 for 3 today.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Toj wrote:
L3: We met at a local discussion group years ago...
A discussin group? I've never heard of that. What did you discuss?

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> A discussin group? I've never heard of that. What did you discuss?
The issues of the day. It was very intriguing and interesting. I learned a lot from it.

So, how are the wife and kids?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
The issues of the day. It was very intriguing and interesting. I learned a lot from it.
So, how are the wife and kids?
they're good. So was this a singles group or do you still attend? It sound like fun. I wouldn't checking it out. All ralpgh ever wants to talk about are the Bears

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> A discussin group? I've never heard of that. What did you discuss?
The book club at the Waubonsee Junior College Library.

Really funny. We were sitting in Dr Philips waiting room and he had a surgical emergency . We we bored and started talking and...

A girl I used to work with at McDonalds and I ran into each other and she fixed us up

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

1. You were already on the rocks. Would this not be a suitable straw? GTFO.

2. She is 18. If you push, she is going to push back. She is going to have to find her own way.

3. We met at Starbucks and we ordered the same thing and yeah we know it's corny but watcha gonna do?

No one wants to hear any follow-up to that.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>they're good. So was this a singles group or do you still attend? It sound like fun. I wouldn't checking it out. All ralpgh ever wants to talk about are the Bears
It was open to anyone. It was a few years ago. I don't even know if it's still going on.

Guys -- I know what you're sayin'. I like football -- but pull-eeze! There's more to life.

You watching the Oscars? There's so many movies I've yet to see. How about you?
pde

Gilberts, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

PEllen wrote:
LW2 does not sound affectionate. He sounds like he pays very close attention to whether an agreement has been literally complied with. Almost a martinet. Can't you just hear him telling her to sit up straight and cover her tatts when she goes outside?
He also abdicated his parent role and is perpetuating the discord that lead to the divorce by labeling his ex as her enabling mother instead of taking any responsibility for the girl's upbringing.
I don't condone the girl's life choices but I wouldn't want to hang with LW either.
I spent years listening to how this guy had a total fup of a teenaged son, his ex-wife kept enabling the son to be a total fup, etc, etc, etc. The son and the guy did not get along, obviously.

The son is currently a sophomore at an Ivy League college in engineering and doing well, and somehow he's still an fup and his ex-wife ruined him. I do not grok this. I've decided its likely the son does have his head on relatively straight.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

pde wrote:
<quoted text>
I spent years listening to how this guy had a total fup of a teenaged son, his ex-wife kept enabling the son to be a total fup, etc, etc, etc. The son and the guy did not get along, obviously.
The son is currently a sophomore at an Ivy League college in engineering and doing well, and somehow he's still an fup and his ex-wife ruined him. I do not grok this. I've decided its likely the son does have his head on relatively straight.
I don't grock fup, either!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Yes there is. There's boating and guns of course!

Now about that meeting, can you give up the name and place, I would like to google it. Crazy! I know, but thats how im wired.
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>

Guys -- I know what you're sayin'. I like football -- but pull-eeze! There's more to life.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

I dont grok that either!
pde wrote:
<quoted text>

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

How about "we met on topix?" No, they'll think you're crazy ... go with the psyche ward over that, lol.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

RACE wrote:
Yes there is. There's boating and guns of course!
Now about that meeting, can you give up the name and place, I would like to google it. Crazy! I know, but thats how im wired.
<quoted text>
Let's see -- I THINK it's called The Round Table and it was in Itasca. Good luck. Like I said, I don't know if it's even still around.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Only crazies do that stuff, you sure you did not meet in the loony bin?
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see -- I THINK it's called The Round Table and it was in Itasca. Good luck. Like I said, I don't know if it's even still around.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

36 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min XYZ 1,083,049
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 14 min NITiN 22
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 175,058
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Subliminal 45,866
Six-year-old girl watches in horror as police '... 2 hr hands on AR 7
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr raphael 3,841
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr HughBe 68,430
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr Sublime1 97,573
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search