First Prev
of 3
Next Last
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#41 Dec 17, 2013
RACE wrote:
But when the womans profile says they want dinner and wine on the beach, dont you think it should be taken at face value?
And would you really (I mean honestly) be impressed by a man who takes you to applebees for a 2 for 20 dinner? On a first date?
<quoted text>
Who takes cheesy lines like that seriously? I see guys doing it but not me.

And yes, considering most first dates are mere coffee, Applebee's is just fine, thank you.

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#42 Dec 17, 2013
Then I guess your high standards are a bit lower than I had anticipated.
I was not talking about a simple "Meet and greet", which is what I advocate for a first date, but rather women who want to be wined and dined.
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Who takes cheesy lines like that seriously? I see guys doing it but not me.
And yes, considering most first dates are mere coffee, Applebee's is just fine, thank you.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#43 Dec 17, 2013
RACE wrote:
I was not talking about a simple "Meet and greet", which is what I advocate for a first date, but rather women who want to be wined and dined.
<quoted text>
So... you refuse to have dinner for less than a hundred dollars... but.... you're not gonna have dinner on a first date? Instead you'd rather "dazzle" your date with the first impression of... a cup of coffee and a croissant?

I think this might be your problem, guy.

Spend more than ten dollars on a first date. You might get a second.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#44 Dec 17, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't be the first person to grossly misjudge me based on limited facts.
I've never expected hardcore wine and dine.
I have high standards morally and in how I'm treated, but I'm not a gold digger and shockingly low maintenance. And frugal....love frugality.
Julie

Chicago, IL

#45 Dec 17, 2013
DEAR ABBY: I recently went on a first (and last) date with a "gentleman." He ordered himself a beer and a prime rib dinner. He never asked me if I wanted anything to eat or drink.

As flabbergasted as I was, I have a theory: Men today are different from those of the past, and my guess it's because the pierced and tattooed gals today speak and act like sailors, therefore ruining it for the rest of us. Am I right?-- PUZZLED IN FLORIDA

Jebus, lady. Did you have duct tape across your mouth? Are you 95 years old? You sound like a complete effing moron.

“Where is Tonka?”

#46 Dec 18, 2013
absolutely correct!
1 I like a good dinner, and if I want to spend $100, well, its my money right?
2 I want to enjoy the company I am with while eating that meal.
3 If I am not going to click with a person, why should I spend $100 to find out that she picks her nose when she thinks nobody is watching? Hell, why should I spend $50 to find that out?
Maybe your so desperate that you're willing to shell out good money to have a dinner with a nose picker, but that does not make us all that desperate.
4 cunzel even said coffee is an acceptable meet and greet date, and she has high standards, and probably does not pick her nose.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So... you refuse to have dinner for less than a hundred dollars... but.... you're not gonna have dinner on a first date? Instead you'd rather "dazzle" your date with the first impression of... a cup of coffee and a croissant?
I think this might be your problem, guy.
Spend more than ten dollars on a first date. You might get a second.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Philadelphia, PA

#47 Dec 18, 2013
RACE wrote:
absolutely correct!
1 I like a good dinner, and if I want to spend $100, well, its my money right?
2 I want to enjoy the company I am with while eating that meal.
3 If I am not going to click with a person, why should I spend $100 to find out that she picks her nose when she thinks nobody is watching? Hell, why should I spend $50 to find that out?
Maybe your so desperate that you're willing to shell out good money to have a dinner with a nose picker, but that does not make us all that desperate.
4 cunzel even said coffee is an acceptable meet and greet date, and she has high standards, and probably does not pick her nose.
<quoted text>
If that's how you feel, then that's fine. I'm just saying, this is probably why you're still single.

Maybe it's time to change your tactic.

“Where is Tonka?”

#48 Dec 18, 2013
Thanks for your concern, but I am pretty sure i'm still single because I like being single right now.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's how you feel, then that's fine. I'm just saying, this is probably why you're still single.
Maybe it's time to change your tactic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Badjudgment 1,498,323
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Justice Dale 237,830
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 58 min GEORGIA 3,611
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr CrunchyBacon 105,009
News Hundreds rally, march for transgender rights in... 1 hr actorvet 5
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr boundary painter 10,373
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr boundary painter 6,902

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages