Kuuipo wrote:
I like your attitude.
Wanna have dinner?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#22 Dec 16, 2013
RACE wrote:
Where can you go and order two dinners, a bottle of wine and tip for less than $50?
Applebees, Outback, Friday's, hell, I think I even ate at Red Lobster for less than that. What do they charge for a steak in Florida?
pde

Gilberts, IL

#23 Dec 16, 2013
RACE wrote:
Touche'
I could also make a dinner for that same amount, but neither falls within the context of inet first dates.
<quoted text>
*shrug*

The idea of "dinner with wine on the beach" indicates to me "picnic with wine on the beach". I don't view sitting in a restaurant which may look out on a beach as being dinner on a beach.

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#24 Dec 16, 2013
http://www.redlobster.com/menus/dinner/signat...
cheapest I saw was 18 x2=36 + 28 for the wine = 56 + 11 for tip =$67 AND you are eating in a strip mall, not on the ocean.

What are you eating out of the dumpster?
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Applebees, Outback, Friday's, hell, I think I even ate at Red Lobster for less than that. What do they charge for a steak in Florida?

“Where is Tonka?”

#25 Dec 16, 2013
So, I have to make or acquire a dinner for two and bring it to the beach? Keep it hot(or cold), spread a blanket and whatnot? What if its windy, want sand with your sandwich? Bugs? Want some OFF to go with your perfume? Too hot or too cold? Cant to a damn thing about that for you. Oh, and you have no choice in what you order, so any dietary restriction are moot.

Too much work for someone I have never met, and such a romantic idea fails in reality.
To say you want dinner and wine on the beach for a first date is crazy, unless she's willing to go thru all that work to make it happen.
Lets just meet for lunch and see if we even want to entertain dinner.
pde wrote:
<quoted text>
*shrug*
The idea of "dinner with wine on the beach" indicates to me "picnic with wine on the beach". I don't view sitting in a restaurant which may look out on a beach as being dinner on a beach.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#26 Dec 16, 2013
RACE wrote:
http://www.redlobster.com/menu s/dinner/signature_combination s.asp
cheapest I saw was 18 x2=36 + 28 for the wine = 56 + 11 for tip =$67 AND you are eating in a strip mall, not on the ocean.
What are you eating out of the dumpster?
Ok

http://www.applebees.com/menu/2-for-20

Granted, this doesn't include the wine, but we can get wine for less than 28 dollars a bottle here. And remember, fifty dollars was MY number, YOU said you couldn't have dinner for less than a 100.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#27 Dec 16, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
2- Sorry, chunzy, we were at a restaurant. I didn't think I'd have to ASK if you wanted something!
LOL....seriously, I've never had a date ask if I wanted food/drink. Asking me to the restaurant implied that and I simply told the waitress what I wanted.
I have high expectations for dating and even I find this crazy.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#28 Dec 16, 2013
RACE wrote:
Where can you go and order two dinners, a bottle of wine and tip for less than $50?
<quoted text>
Not all of us need a bottle of wine on a first date.
I've never paid for a first date, but I always do the hesitant check dance. The guys rarely let it sit long enough before snatching it.
I've had coffe dates and dinner dates. I order reasonably and if you do a standard chain restaurant it's quite doable.

“Where is Tonka?”

#29 Dec 16, 2013
But when the womans profile says they want dinner and wine on the beach, dont you think it should be taken at face value?

And would you really (I mean honestly) be impressed by a man who takes you to applebees for a 2 for 20 dinner? On a first date?
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all of us need a bottle of wine on a first date.
I've never paid for a first date, but I always do the hesitant check dance. The guys rarely let it sit long enough before snatching it.
I've had coffe dates and dinner dates. I order reasonably and if you do a standard chain restaurant it's quite doable.

“Where is Tonka?”

#30 Dec 16, 2013
Not at the restaurant you cant! That 28 was based upon 4 glasses (two each)@$7 a glass, which is pretty average I think.
And your dodging the location, which even if you can find a chain restaurant on the beach, the prices will be inflated, just because the operating costs are higher.

And No, I cant have dinner for less than 100. I like to enjoy my dinner, I dont want Applebees or red lobster, I want seafood caught that day, or prime rib, not some BS piece of sirloin or a micro strip steak. Lifes too short to eat crap.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok
http://www.applebees.com/menu/2-for-20
Granted, this doesn't include the wine, but we can get wine for less than 28 dollars a bottle here. And remember, fifty dollars was MY number, YOU said you couldn't have dinner for less than a 100.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#31 Dec 16, 2013
RACE wrote:
But when the womans profile says they want dinner and wine on the beach, dont you think it should be taken at face value?
Where in the hell did this come from? This was not mentioned in the letter. Even if this was the case, you said yourself you can arrange that for less than 50 dollars.
RACE wrote:
And would you really (I mean honestly) be impressed by a man who takes you to applebees for a 2 for 20 dinner? On a first date?
What the hell would she care? She's getting a free meal. And most women are impressed with a man who can budget. But that doesn't include cheaping out with cheese and crackers on a first date...

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#32 Dec 16, 2013
RACE wrote:
Not at the restaurant you cant! That 28 was based upon 4 glasses (two each)@$7 a glass, which is pretty average I think.
Around here, a bottle costs less than ordering from glasses. Bottles are even pushed on you if order a glass of wine. It's cheaper. But like chuluzal, I don't feel a need to order wine on a first date.
RACE wrote:
And No, I cant have dinner for less than 100. I like to enjoy my dinner, I dont want Applebees or red lobster, I want seafood caught that day, or prime rib, not some BS piece of sirloin or a micro strip steak. Lifes too short to eat crap.
You can order prime rib at any of those locations. And if you think sirloin or strip steak is crap, you're standards are just too high, man. Okay then, if I was such a fresh lobster only connoisseur, I'll understand why you can't eat for less than 100 dollars. Sorry, I didn't take into account how the "other half" lived...

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#33 Dec 16, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Around here, a bottle costs less than ordering from glasses. Bottles are even pushed on you if order a glass of wine. It's cheaper. But like chuluzal, I don't feel a need to order wine on a first date.
<quoted text>
You can order prime rib at any of those locations. And if you think sirloin or strip steak is crap, you're standards are just too high, man. Okay then, if I was such a fresh lobster only connoisseur, I'll understand why you can't eat for less than 100 dollars. Sorry, I didn't take into account how the "other half" lived...
Every Red Lobster I have walked into has a tank of live lobsters in the entry area. I assume someone orders them and they are not being kept just for show.

Right?
pde

Gilberts, IL

#34 Dec 16, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Every Red Lobster I have walked into has a tank of live lobsters in the entry area. I assume someone orders them and they are not being kept just for show.
Right?
You made me google it. Apparently, if you order whole lobster at Red Lobster, you do get a cooked from alive Maine Lobster from their tanks.

If you order anything else that contains lobster, you get spiny lobster which is not fresh..

“Where is Tonka?”

#35 Dec 16, 2013
First off dummy, I was not taking a quote from the letter, but my own views on dating profiles I have read. Here is the quote, since you cant follow along...
... I laugh when women say they want dinner on the beach with wine for a first date, Ha! Yeah right.

Secondly, She cares because of her own admission that she has high standards...
Again, let me post the quote...

LOL....seriously, I've never had a date ask if I wanted food/drink. Asking me to the restaurant implied that and I simply told the waitress what I wanted.
I have high expectations for dating and even I find this crazy.

Read the last sentence.... High Expectations....That does not imply a date at chucky cheese or even chili's. But to you....Who knows!

If you want to debate me, at least do your homework, its pathetic having to point these things out to you time after time.

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the hell did this come from? This was not mentioned in the letter. Even if this was the case, you said yourself you can arrange that for less than 50 dollars.
<quoted text>
What the hell would she care? She's getting a free meal. And most women are impressed with a man who can budget. But that doesn't include cheaping out with cheese and crackers on a first date...

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#36 Dec 17, 2013
RACE wrote:
If you want to debate me, at least do your homework, its pathetic having to point these things out to you time after time.
What's pathetic are your nonsensical arguments. You have high standards and refuse to spend less than 100 dollars on a meal. I'm trying to tell you there are cheaper alternatives, and then you argue that I'm unable to debate your expensive standards.

You can get a decent meal with wine for less than fifty dollars if you want to. That is a fact, Jack.

“Where is Tonka?”

#37 Dec 17, 2013
Of course you can, Boones Farm and KFC! But your not going to impress anyone, unless you skip using your coupons.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
What's pathetic are your nonsensical arguments. You have high standards and refuse to spend less than 100 dollars on a meal. I'm trying to tell you there are cheaper alternatives, and then you argue that I'm unable to debate your expensive standards.
You can get a decent meal with wine for less than fifty dollars if you want to. That is a fact, Jack.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#38 Dec 17, 2013
RACE wrote:
Read the last sentence.... High Expectations....That does not imply a date at chucky cheese or even chili's. But to you....Who knows!
<quoted text>
For the record, Chuck E Cheese can get VERY expensive!!!!:D

“Where is Tonka?”

#39 Dec 17, 2013
I would go on a first date with you anywhere!
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
For the record, Chuck E Cheese can get VERY expensive!!!!:D

Saint Petersburg, FL

#40 Dec 17, 2013
RACE wrote:
I would go on a first date with you anywhere!
<quoted text>
Awwww.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min mdbuilder 1,601,365
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr It s Weather Not ... 63,974
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr Nannabella 11,311
dead in a freezer in a freaking hotel man. i sw... 4 hr Leroy 26
He Fights. 4 hr Common Sense 7
News Some in Cicero take issue with flying of Mexica... (Oct '08) 13 hr They cannot kill ... 1,580
Insane Popes 34th Hoyne Park (Nov '12) 13 hr Long Street 23

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages