3-Month-Old Boy Found Dead In Manchester

Police are investigating the death of a 3-month-old boy. The boy's father called police about 7:15 a.m. Tuesday after finding the baby unresponsive, said Sgt. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
OLD SCHOOL

Suffield, CT

#1 Jan 13, 2009
Well if it was not "of CRIMINAL NATURE", why would you even say that Sgt. Maston ? Don't you have compassion for these people. It must be because they are from Squire Village.?
Pat

Granby, CT

#2 Jan 13, 2009
OLD SCHOOL wrote:
Well if it was not "of CRIMINAL NATURE", why would you even say that Sgt. Maston ? Don't you have compassion for these people. It must be because they are from Squire Village.?
Better to say that than to say it was caused by stupidity, having a 3 month old infant sleeping in a bed with two adults.
Less Than Sympathetic

Staffordville, CT

#3 Jan 13, 2009
Hmm... why is this a story? I mean, infants die of SIDS, pneumonia, and other illnesses in America every day... but they don't make news stories out of it, if only out of respect for the family. Something has to be "different" about this case. I think it may have been accidental, even negligent in nature, but they leave that up to our imaginations. If it was medical in nature, the family is owed one serious apology.
LARRY ROSE

United States

#4 Jan 13, 2009
oh great..........the little "HELLHOLE" called squire village once again..........their nothing surprises me..........
Didnt need to be printed

Bristol, CT

#5 Jan 13, 2009
For all anyone knows the child could have died of SIDS - which means that there would be no reason for the paper to even print something like this - an innuendo piece that leads people to believe "bad parenting" was a factor.
Many people sleep with their infants in bed with them.
Reader

United States

#6 Jan 13, 2009
Squire Village. Ugh.
baby

Cobalt, CT

#7 Jan 13, 2009
we should all open our hearts to the parents. the loss of a child no matter what age is the most hardest thing to deal with. please keep the parents in your prayers.

“Miss LMHtfd”

Since: May 08

Hartford, CT

#8 Jan 13, 2009
OLD SCHOOL wrote:
The reporter monitored a scanner or scanned the police blotters, heard or saw mention of an infant death incident, then called the officer and posed a question such as "Are the parents under investigation?". Sgt. Maston responded appropriately to the question. Had the reporter and this paper had any decency this non-story would never have made it to print. At least MPD used good judgment in not releasing the parents' names.
you go jodi

Manchester, CT

#9 Jan 13, 2009
no comment
ricbee

Sandisfield, MA

#10 Jan 13, 2009
Didnt need to be printed wrote:
For all anyone knows the child could have died of SIDS - which means that there would be no reason for the paper to even print something like this - an innuendo piece that leads people to believe "bad parenting" was a factor.
Many people sleep with their infants in bed with them.
Too true,what's the,"rest of the story",Courant?
OLD SCHOOL

Suffield, CT

#11 Jan 13, 2009
Get real, if this happened in Glastonbury or South Windsor, or to any wealthy family, a comment like that would not be made in this case. Squire Village is a dump, but let's admit when reporting incidents in such a neighborhood, it's always a question of suspicion. It's politically uncorrect. The parents are probably good people and don't need to be automatically "Suspects" because of where they reside. Sgt. Maston should think before he blurts out such a cold comment.
Why Sensationalize

Westport, CT

#12 Jan 13, 2009
"3-Month-Old Boy Found Dead In Manchester"?! That headline is very misleading and alarming. A 3-month-old died at home, after his parents tried to revive him. Sensationalizing this death is cruel, Hartford Courant!
OLD School Idiot

Marlborough, CT

#13 Jan 13, 2009
OLD SCHOOL wrote:
Gee, you think maybe the Sgt. was replying to the logical question posed by the reporter?? Think before you type AZZ. Our prayers for the little angel who has passed and the parents who mourn his loss.
anon

Warren, NJ

#14 Jan 13, 2009
Please close this post! No one should be speculating about this tragedy.
Enough!
so sad

Windsor, CT

#15 Jan 13, 2009
Please pray for this family.
Ruby

Woodcliff Lake, NJ

#16 Jan 13, 2009
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Better to say that than to say it was caused by stupidity, having a 3 month old infant sleeping in a bed with two adults.
All of my kids slept with us and none died. It's ignorant to call people who sleep with their children stupid. People all over the world, in many cultures including ours, and since time began, have shared a family bed.
Ruby

Woodcliff Lake, NJ

#17 Jan 13, 2009
Less Than Sympathetic wrote:
Hmm... why is this a story? I mean, infants die of SIDS, pneumonia, and other illnesses in America every day...If it was medical in nature, the family is owed one serious apology.
It very well could be medical in nature. The cause of SIDS is "unknown" yet it happens most often when babies are given their shots.

A 3-month-old baby would have likely had it's first series of shots a few weeks before. That's my first guess as to why a baby would die for no apparent reason.
cameo35

Bloomfield, CT

#18 Jan 13, 2009
..........Easy guys, lets find the facts first, there could be other children in danger, who knows??.....suppose the infant ate some bad or tainted baby food, We just don't know yet,,,,,calm yourselves!.........
ERIP

Wethersfield, CT

#19 Jan 13, 2009
One of the parents probably rolled over on the baby and suffocated him.
It's happened before, caused by stupidity of the parents. It's still tragic.

“Miss LMHtfd”

Since: May 08

Hartford, CT

#21 Jan 14, 2009
Ignorant commenters wrote:
And I'm sure the paper will follow up when the autopsy results are available.
You're sure about that? You obviously aren't familiar with the sinking standards of this news site.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Incognito4Ever 1,126,868
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 23 min Ben Dover 50,632
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 32 min jacques Ottawa 179,404
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 39 min Mandela 68,660
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 47 min wanna 4,797
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 1 hr Swedenforever 25
Amy 10-24 1 hr Community Disorga... 8
Abby 10-24 1 hr Community Disorga... 19
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance