Round Lake Beach Walmart opens

Oct 11, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Daily Herald

Brenda Pomianek of Round Lake is personnel coordinator at the new Walmart Supercenter in Round Lake Beach.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of218
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Oct 08

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

Obtuse is such an under used word! Nice!
Sam Walton

Orange City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

Judged:

concerened American wrote:
I'm not sure where this attack on Walmart started I want to know if everyone who wrote an unfriendly comment about Walmart checks everything they buy from EVERY store it's not Walmart that's to blame we all everyone in this country have a responsibility to support our country and buy American but to blame Walmart is obtuse.
Save obtuse,

Live obtuse,

WalObtuse
liner

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

I'm not sure where this attack on Walmart started I want to know if everyone who wrote an unfriendly comment about Walmart checks everything they buy from EVERY store it's not Walmart that's to blame we all everyone in this country have a responsibility to support our country and buy American but to blame Walmart is obtuse.
If you would check your recent history, you would see that walmutt was one of the very first instigators of the "force your suppliers to sell you everything as cheaply as possible.....then cut the price you pay them by 25%" merchandising method. This, unfortunately, let the horse out of the barn and there's no going back. That's why you owe all your thanks to walmutt for the state of the American economy, both current and yet to come. You could look it up.
concerened American

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

Wow! That's big Walmart is to blame for your quote {The state of our whole economy!}I'm not sure about those alleged fact's about Walmart their are many contributors maybe checking your history would be good also lets do some investigating and get back to this subject later .I intend to look into what you've said, I want my information to be acurate not just an opinon. Thanks
Sam Walton

Orange City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

WalMart is also responsible for:

paper cuts
the democratic party
walt disneys' death
gas prices
acne
swine flu
herion
global warming
On-Cor meals
cuban missle crisis
the bears latest loss
larry the cable guy
parking meters
reality tv
gravity
your grandmother
nose hair
that stuff in your eyes in the morning
soot
janet reno
traffic jams
lint

about 1.1 million jobs that are so bad and pay so little that not one employee has ever worked there more than one day....ever

such poorly made merchandise that not one single person has ever shopped there more than once...ever

Six billion handguns that force every person to either work there or shop there

Most of these posts
liner

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

Wow! That's big Walmart is to blame for your quote {The state of our whole economy!}I'm not sure about those alleged fact's about Walmart their are many contributors maybe checking your history would be good also lets do some investigating and get back to this subject later .I intend to look into what you've said, I want my information to be acurate not just an opinon. Thanks
Fair enough. I think it'll be easy to find out info as to Walmarts early business practices regarding their suppliers. As far as blaming them for the state of our economy, that's my opinion and possibly hyperbole, but maybe not. Without getting long-winded, I happen to agree with Ross Perot, among many others, when he vehemently objected to NAFTA at the time of it's debate and prophesied (apparently correctly IMO) about the terrible damage it would inflict on our manufacturing base. Basically, we no longer HAVE a manufacturing base, as we cannot compete against third world countries willing to allow their citizens to work for pennies(literally). This encouraged (forced) other businesses to follow Walmart's practices if they wanted to compete (ie, stay in business). Hence, pretty much EVERYTHING you buy in any given store has been manufactured in China, or Mexico, or Vietnam etc, etc.
That's how I come to blame Walmart for the state of our economy today, not completely of course, as there are many other factors in play, but certainly they are a major factor.
A country without a manufacturing base to sustain a viable middle class cannot sustain itself as a first rate industrial state. That is why China today has a fast growing middle class and our middle class is......well you tell me how our middle class is faring.
Bill

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

huh
batista

Elgin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

Darkwater wrote:
Haven't gone to the old one in years. Doubt very much I will go into the new one. "Made in China" all crap! The same goes for Walmart.
Thank you bmud kcuf!
concerened American

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

I really appreciate this give and take I know many people are upset to say the least at our present state of affairs at least in this forum we can express our view's and feel like someone heard us .Thanks
bobby the g

Elgin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

Judged:

I really appreciate this give and take I know many people are upset to say the least at our present state of affairs at least in this forum we can express our view's and feel like someone heard us .Thanks
Blow me! Who the fcuk are you thanking homer?

“Snow days!”

Since: Nov 08

A winter wonderland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

StonyJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Low blow, Mr. Retard.
Yes...I DO vote and DO have insurance and a drivers license.
Maybe your "holyier than though" attitude works for you. The rest of us are just trying to get by. I stopped hiding behind the flag a few years ago when I realized that my mortgage company couldn't care less.
We do what we have to now. If toilet paper is $4 less at Wal-Mart than at Jewel and it's made in Thailand, I'm buying it. Go fuck yourself unless you're buying it for me. I still fly my flag outside and I once raised my right hand to defend this country. I did my service...what about you?
I'm with you. In a perfect world, we'd all be able to afford the prices charged for American-made items. This is not that perfect world. Most of us are just trying to get by, driving cars that are 10+ years old, foregoing vacations & cancelling cable service. And come to think of it, American-made stuff is usually crap. I'm as patriotic as the next person. I just don't have a huge bank account.
Sam Walton

Orange City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

Gotta love it. People swear they've never been in WalMart but hate the place. They shop there every week.

Yeah, yeah, Toyota keeps all the profits in the U.S., what a load of crap.

Wake up, it's a global economy now. Don't like it, move to Mars.
Just Observing

Bethpage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

I would love to buy American. Find any electronic equipment that is made here and I will switch to that brand.
Identify clothing lines that you know for sure are made here and I will buy it.

Simple fact: No consumer electronics are made in this country anymore. Little or no clothing is actually made here anymore.

If that is the case, then I reserve to spend the least I can on imports.
Sam Walton

Orange City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

Just Observing wrote:
I would love to buy American. Find any electronic equipment that is made here and I will switch to that brand.
Identify clothing lines that you know for sure are made here and I will buy it.
Simple fact: No consumer electronics are made in this country anymore. Little or no clothing is actually made here anymore.
If that is the case, then I reserve to spend the least I can on imports.
You have the right to spend your money anywhere you want and no one should criticize you for it.

Once again, Detroit is a prime example of why Americans no longer care about buying American. Fly the flag all you want, it doesn't guarentee your job.

China this decade, Korea last decade, Japan the decade before. See the trend?
Indegenous ONe

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2009

Picnic wrote:
Wow- Stony J probably votes too That’s a scary thought(and might have a valid drivers license/valid auto insurance too).
What a sad state this once mighty country is in.
I loathe the Wal-Mart business model, all it stands for, and all it's done. I refuse to shop at any new or existing Wal-mart or so Super-Wal-Mart.
Hey let's just continue to send all Mfg/production overseas why don't we? The only jobs we'll have left will be retail/fast food.
Don’t think this is a serious end game scenario? You just wait……
Just keep this in mind. Each time any of you go to China-Marx, you are putting another whack on that hammer that’s putting the nails into our coffin.
True, it just not China-Marx who is guilty of this (it's an epidemic really) but they are ones guilty of doing this on a grand scale.(Sam Walton must be so proud of the business model he initially pushed-read up on the true story)
Become an educated shopper and watch what you buy and where it's coming from.
I refuse to participate in aiding & abetting the decline of our country and allowing the Wal-Marts board of directors & stock holders to benefit at the expense of our once great country.
Shame on the Corporations and on all of us for letting this once great country get away from us and go down the toilet!
Buy now and pay later!
Meh you can kiss my white ass then XD All who worked at Wal-Mart are shareholders, so thats alot your saying there pal.
Indegenous ONe

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2009

Sam Walton wrote:
WalMart is also responsible for:
paper cuts
the democratic party
walt disneys' death
gas prices
acne
swine flu
herion
global warming
On-Cor meals
cuban missle crisis
the bears latest loss
larry the cable guy
parking meters
reality tv
gravity
your grandmother
nose hair
that stuff in your eyes in the morning
soot
janet reno
traffic jams
lint
about 1.1 million jobs that are so bad and pay so little that not one employee has ever worked there more than one day....ever
such poorly made merchandise that not one single person has ever shopped there more than once...ever
Six billion handguns that force every person to either work there or shop there
Most of these posts
Your something special arent you. You ate too many paint chips as a kid, and what kind of lead was in that paint?

Try working there, the pay is better than you think. You could start there as a normal sales associate and make from 9.25 to 10.00 starting. Any other retail shithole i have worked for, about 8.00 an hour starting..
Indegenous ONe

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2009

Its nice to see another Wal-Mart open, seeing its the only thing open 24-hours these days. I could care less where the shit is made, as long as I get it cheap, works for me. typical American answer eh? Well, seeing I am American, then i fit right on in.
Deputy Dog

Orange City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2009

Indegenous ONe wrote:
<quoted text>
Your something special arent you. You ate too many paint chips as a kid, and what kind of lead was in that paint?
Try working there, the pay is better than you think. You could start there as a normal sales associate and make from 9.25 to 10.00 starting. Any other retail shithole i have worked for, about 8.00 an hour starting..
So how's the ol career going at Payless Shoes? Maybe in another twenty years you can make $10.50
dai

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2009

an antioch person calling lake villa a town of scumbags? Where have you been?! unincorporated Antioch has to be the most crime-ridden area for miles.

Lake Villa just kind of... sits there.:/

and... the whole conversation thus far is making me chuckle. There's at least 50 people who call the antioch super-walmart their place of work, and a good portion make better wages than your average McDonalds employee. Despite whatever you idiots keep circulating about manufacturing, it's the companies they buy from that are to blame, not walmart, and to be honest the product-base seems to be getting more and more high-end these days.

Creating four to five dozen jobs and selling worth-while products at low prices should be seen as a good thing during these days, what with the bad economy.
Walmart SUCKS

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2009

Judged:

You make a bet that Walmart is to blame, just look around jackass. Where are all the neighborhood pharmacy's, mom & pop retail stores and etc., the big box stores put them out of business and now we have nothing but vacant buildings everywhere you look.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of218
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

67 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min OzRitz 42,926
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Grand Birther 167,377
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Liberals R Defective 1,033,569
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 9 min jimtownhounddogsniffing 47,000
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 22 min boundary painter 326
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 30 min boundary painter 4,020
Abby 4-16 40 min Mister Tonka 29
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 43 min prognosticator 96,006
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search