Round Lake Beach Walmart opens

Oct 11, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Daily Herald

Brenda Pomianek of Round Lake is personnel coordinator at the new Walmart Supercenter in Round Lake Beach.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of218
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Hainesville Chica

Vernon Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Good, Fred. We don't want you there to add to the ignorance (and waistlines from pounding hotdogs) anyway.
Fred Sled

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Hainesville Chica wrote:
Good, Fred. We don't want you there to add to the ignorance (and waistlines from pounding hotdogs) anyway.
Do you have a clown suit?
Hainesville Chica

Vernon Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Judged:

No but your mother does
Fred Sled

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Judged:

Congratulations on the flat bottomed taco shell!
Fred Sled

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Hainesville Chica wrote:
No but your mother does
Congratulations on the flat bottomed taco shell!
liner

Miller Place, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Judged:

They R Lying wrote:
But when dollars are tight, you gotta go where you get the most for your money.
Although I still have a job, my health insurance premiums, taxes, insurance and utilities bills continue to climb, but our salaries have been frozen for over a year now.
Sorry about American made, but I got a family to feed. And about the American Made, just look to Detroit and what the unions did to American products, more expensive and cheap quality because Americans refuse to face the facts, they don't care about quality and most a just plain lazy.
Wouldn't it be karmic if you lost that job and health insurance because your company decided to outsource, or get their products made in China for MUCH cheaper than they're paying you.
I don't wish that on you, just give it some thought.
BTW, I've never been in a walmutt. Ever. Nor will I. Ever.

Since: Oct 08

Round Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Fred Sled wrote:
I would go there because the hotdogs are better than Portillo's, but the people of RLB are pretty disgusting so I would most likely jut lose my appetite in the parking lot.
I agree! I like the hot dogs too! Not all of us are disgusting in RLB. Does farting in my hand count?

Round Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Fred Sled wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a clown suit?
I have a clown suit! I'd fit right in with the Schaumburg crowd?

Round Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Fred Sled wrote:
ATTN RLB Peeps
I am looking for someone to dress up like a Clown and hang out with me. I would cook you diner - or we could BBQ something. I'm interested in making my neighbor lady wonder. I have already had a man in a panda costume last month - and also had a heard of sheep come in for the day to cut the grass.(sheep do a good job by the way). A clown would be something.
Maybe you could bring some balloons - or make balloon animals to hang in my tree. I'd like to have this done some evening between 6pm and dark. The longer you can stay the better (like if you could stay for the whole 3 hours). Do you have any tricks you could do?
Like I said - I could cook diner and get you drunk - I'd even be willing to pay your cab fare to and from. I don't have much to offer - and my neighbor lady is driving me nuts - so I want to drive her nuts. If you had a Mime friend - it would be cool to see you two chase each other around the yard or do relay races while I time you.
Let me know your thoughts - open to Men and Women Clowns.
My thoughts are maybe you should talk to someone that can help you with your clown fetish!
Deputy Dog

Orange City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

liner wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't it be karmic if you lost that job and health insurance because your company decided to outsource, or get their products made in China for MUCH cheaper than they're paying you.
I don't wish that on you, just give it some thought.
BTW, I've never been in a walmutt. Ever. Nor will I. Ever.
It might happen, but more than likely not because our company managers show the lazy and unmotivated people to the door. No union crybabys that truly believe that because they sew an American flag on their shirtsleeve they deserve a job.

Judging from your statement that you've never been to WalMart, one must wonder why you have such contempt for them. You probably got fired from WalMart.

So when your driving around, do you yell at everyone driving a foreign car? Do you not eat foreign foods? Have you never traveled outside the USA? Your just another bandwagon jumping sad boy that complains about nothing and everything...seeing how you've never been to WalMart. You're a liar.
who writes this crap

Palm Bay, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

Here is a letter regarding Walmart's policy on CCW:

DATE: Friday, April 16,1999 2:13 PM

Subject: RE: Firearms

Thank you for contacting Wal-Mart regarding our concealed handgun policy. Wal-Mart was founded by Sam Walton on three basic principles. Strive for Excellence, Service to our Customers, and Respect for the Individual. It is that respect for the individual that led us to create the current policy pertaining to concealed handguns.

The following is our policy......If a Wal-Mart customer has been awarded a concealed handgun license by the state government, Wal-Mart will follow the direction of the state. However, if at anytime while on Wal-Mart property, that customer's concealed weapon becomes visible to Wal-Mart associates or customers, Wal-Mart reserves the right to ask the customer to either reposition the weapon so that it will not be visible, to remove the weapon completely or to leave Wal-Mart property, With the exception of law enforcement personnel, Wal-Mart does not allow any exposed weapons to be worn or carried in public view on Wal-Mart property or in Wal-Mart stores. Customers other than law enforcement personnel wearing or carrying a weapon in an exposed manner will be asked to leave the property immediately.

We appreciate your concern and trust that this message has addressed your concerns regarding this issue.

Thank you,

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.

I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry. Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

"The assault weapons ban is something the NRA has not allowed to get through congress, as President I intend to make that happen"
- Barack Obama Democratic Primary Debate 2007
who writes this crap

Palm Bay, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

my aunt is a co-manager at the walmart here in jacksonville north carolina and i asked her what the company policy was on open carry when i first started OCing. she told me that the standard policy is for a member of management to approach the person and respectfully inquire if the person has a CCW permit. if the answer is yes the conversation goes no further than a have a nice day. if they do not have a permit then they are asked to leave the store and secure the weapon in thier vehicle. while i do not agree with this particular policy they have the right to do this due to the fact that the store is private property. however i have OCed in her store several times and never had a problem. i dont know if this is due to her being management or if the employees are just oblivious! lol i was standing in sams club a few weeks ago and three members of management walked right past me, spoke to me and never even noticed my weapon. go figure!
who writes this crap

Palm Bay, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

Judged:

(Assuming that you're serious, which you may not have been -- it's unclear) here are some reasons for open carrying in Wal-mart:

1. To provide a visible deterrent to any bad guys who might think about hurting or robbing any of the people in the "family store".

2. To ensure that you have a weapon to defend yourself in the event something bad happens and:

a) You don't have a good way to conceal (no jacket, etc.); or
b) You don't have a license to conceal; or
c) You find concealing uncomfortable and annoying.

3. To promote acceptance of an armed society by demonstrating to everyone within sight of you that armed people are normal, except maybe a little nicer, more polite, etc.

4. To make a political statement about your right to carry openly. There's no point in making a statement where no one can hear it, and Wal-mart is a good place to find lots of people.

5. Because you want to. Really, no other reason is required.
who writes this crap

Palm Bay, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

hey does the round lake wally mart have the new illegal immigrant costume in stock?

how is their ammo supply ?
liner

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

Deputy Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
It might happen, but more than likely not because our company managers show the lazy and unmotivated people to the door. No union crybabys that truly believe that because they sew an American flag on their shirtsleeve they deserve a job.
Judging from your statement that you've never been to WalMart, one must wonder why you have such contempt for them. You probably got fired from WalMart.
So when your driving around, do you yell at everyone driving a foreign car? Do you not eat foreign foods? Have you never traveled outside the USA? Your just another bandwagon jumping sad boy that complains about nothing and everything...seeing how you've never been to WalMart. You're a liar.
You certainly like to jump to conclusions, don't you? Too bad most of them are wrong.
I'm from the NY area, where they opened the doors of a local walmutt on black friday last year and the horde of your compatriots promptly trampled to death the lone security guard they had working there. Bet you would have had a great time at that one! The important thing would have been that your toilet paper was on sale, heh? I know enough about their corporate policies to convince me never to darken their door.
By the way, I own two foreign cars. See?
Enjoy your toilet paper shopping trip.
ACC Fan

Orange City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

liner wrote:
<quoted text>
You certainly like to jump to conclusions, don't you? Too bad most of them are wrong.
I'm from the NY area, where they opened the doors of a local walmutt on black friday last year and the horde of your compatriots promptly trampled to death the lone security guard they had working there. Bet you would have had a great time at that one! The important thing would have been that your toilet paper was on sale, heh? I know enough about their corporate policies to convince me never to darken their door.
By the way, I own two foreign cars. See?
Enjoy your toilet paper shopping trip.
The actions of a few do not reflect the actions of everyone, everwhere. No one has ever been killed at the WalMart I shop at.

All this rant about buying American? Buying Japanese cars and then slamming other for buying Chinese products?

If you never shopped at WalMart, why the contempt? Must be it makes you feel superior to those that do...but then again, maybe you do shop there.

Plus, my conclusions are accurate.
liner

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

ACC Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The actions of a few do not reflect the actions of everyone, everwhere. No one has ever been killed at the WalMart I shop at.
All this rant about buying American? Buying Japanese cars and then slamming other for buying Chinese products?
If you never shopped at WalMart, why the contempt? Must be it makes you feel superior to those that do...but then again, maybe you do shop there.
Plus, my conclusions are accurate.
Who're you? Welcome to the conversation.
I buy Japanese branded cars because, among many reasons, they are made, sold and serviced by American workers right here in river city. And don't give me that "profits go back to Japan" crap. Profits go to the stockholders, of which I am one.
My problem with walmutt is that they (along with NAFTA) are THE prime reason for the decline of our manufacturing base in the US. I'm aware EVERYBODY is selling chinese trash these days, so it's impossible not to buy any of it. Just that I can't bring myself to patronize a company that started the whole thing. No, I've never shopped in a walmutt and I feel sorry for you people who are down on your luck such that you have no other choice.
Walmart Sucks

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

Judged:

Walmart's opening this store to give another 140 people jobs so they can treat them like shit and under pay them besides rip off the customers with all the cheap crap they sell from China...
No Talent

Orange City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

Judged:

Walmart Sucks wrote:
Walmart's opening this store to give another 140 people jobs so they can treat them like shit and under pay them besides rip off the customers with all the cheap crap they sell from China...
But we like to be ripped off and treated like dirt.

Let's see, we have McDonalds, cable TV, gas stations, Senators and Congressmen, reality shows, professional sports ticket and concession stand prices, AIG, toll roads, and so on and so on...

Face it, we love getting nothing for something, but always remember; save money, live better.
concerened American

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

I'm not sure where this attack on Walmart started I want to know if everyone who wrote an unfriendly comment about Walmart checks everything they buy from EVERY store it's not Walmart that's to blame we all everyone in this country have a responsibility to support our country and buy American but to blame Walmart is obtuse.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of218
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

109 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 min Stina2 96,212
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min forks_make_us_fat 1,036,276
Abby 4-23 4 min _Annabella_ 12
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min Frijoles 65,499
Amy 4-23 7 min _Annabella_ 21
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 8 min Dream Crystal 7,554
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 11 min Dream Crystal 1,024
ask amy 4-22 1 hr Sublime1 67
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••