Round Lake Beach Walmart opens

Oct 11, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Daily Herald

Brenda Pomianek of Round Lake is personnel coordinator at the new Walmart Supercenter in Round Lake Beach.

Comments
1 - 20 of 218 Comments Last updated Dec 10, 2012
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Darkwater

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2009

Haven't gone to the old one in years. Doubt very much I will go into the new one. "Made in China" all crap! The same goes for Walmart.

Since: Oct 08

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2009

Walmart has a lot of great values. At this point, I couldn't care less where the crap is made.
liner

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2009

StonyJ wrote:
Walmart has a lot of great values. At this point, I couldn't care less where the crap is made.
And all the workers who's jobs have fled to China will keep you in a "special" place in their hearts.
Hainesville Chica

Vernon Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2009

I hope more than just location changed -
To get in it's 10 mins to find parking and not run over the idiots crossing the parking lot and at least 20 mins to pay and leave.
I hope Ace Hardware stays open - I love that place.
round lake retards

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2009

Judged:

finaly ......... the round lake white trash have a place to 'hang out ' & i thought dim witted democrats are supposed to hate walmart !
VirtualAlias

Round Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2009

Judged:

Dim witted demns hate Walmart? Hillery Clinton was on the Board of Directors, wouldn't that make them love Walmart?
Yokel

Orange City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2009

Judged:

There's a tooth checker at the door. If you have all your teeth, you ain't gettin in
shewolf RLB

Mundelein, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2009

round lake retards wrote:
finaly ......... the round lake white trash have a place to 'hang out ' & i thought dim witted democrats are supposed to hate walmart !
Lets see. Oh, I got it.... Round Lake Retards is your gang. Don't you know "retard" is not PC?
shopper

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2009

Judged:

StonyJ wrote:
i agree
liner

Miller Place, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2009

Judged:

shopper wrote:
<quoted text>i agree
Hopefully, you'll remember to lick the paint off whatever crap you buy there. You morons deserve everything you get.
Picnic

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2009

Judged:

Wow- Stony J probably votes too That’s a scary thought(and might have a valid drivers license/valid auto insurance too).
What a sad state this once mighty country is in.
I loathe the Wal-Mart business model, all it stands for, and all it's done. I refuse to shop at any new or existing Wal-mart or so Super-Wal-Mart.

Hey let's just continue to send all Mfg/production overseas why don't we? The only jobs we'll have left will be retail/fast food.
Don’t think this is a serious end game scenario? You just wait……
Just keep this in mind. Each time any of you go to China-Marx, you are putting another whack on that hammer that’s putting the nails into our coffin.
True, it just not China-Marx who is guilty of this (it's an epidemic really) but they are ones guilty of doing this on a grand scale.(Sam Walton must be so proud of the business model he initially pushed-read up on the true story)
Become an educated shopper and watch what you buy and where it's coming from.
I refuse to participate in aiding & abetting the decline of our country and allowing the Wal-Marts board of directors & stock holders to benefit at the expense of our once great country.
Shame on the Corporations and on all of us for letting this once great country get away from us and go down the toilet!
Buy now and pay later!
liner

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2009

Judged:

Picnic wrote:
Wow- Stony J probably votes too That’s a scary thought(and might have a valid drivers license/valid auto insurance too).
I loathe the Wal-Mart business model, all it stands for, and all it's done. I refuse to shop at any new or existing Wal-mart or so Super-Wal-Mart.
Hey let's just continue to send all Mfg/production overseas why don't we? The only jobs we'll have left will be retail/fast food.
Just keep this in mind. Each time any of you go to China-Marx, you are putting another whack on that hammer that’s putting the nails into our coffin.
True, it just not China-Marx who is guilty of this (it's an epidemic really) but they are ones guilty of doing this on a grand scale.(Sam Walton must be so proud of the business model he initially pushed-read up on the true story)
I refuse to participate in aiding & abetting the decline of our country and allowing the Wal-Marts board of directors & stock holders to benefit at the expense of our once great country.
Shame on the Corporations and on all of us for letting this once great country get away from us and go down the toilet!
Buy now and pay later!
Thank you. At least there's some Americans left.

Since: Oct 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2009

Judged:

Picnic wrote:
Buy now and pay later!
Low blow, Mr. Retard.

Yes...I DO vote and DO have insurance and a drivers license.

Maybe your "holyier than though" attitude works for you. The rest of us are just trying to get by. I stopped hiding behind the flag a few years ago when I realized that my mortgage company couldn't care less.

We do what we have to now. If toilet paper is $4 less at Wal-Mart than at Jewel and it's made in Thailand, I'm buying it. Go fuck yourself unless you're buying it for me. I still fly my flag outside and I once raised my right hand to defend this country. I did my service...what about you?
liner

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Judged:

StonyJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Low blow, Mr. Retard.
Maybe your "holyier than though" attitude works for you. The rest of us are just trying to get by. I stopped hiding behind the flag a few years ago when I realized that my mortgage company couldn't care less.
We do what we have to now. If toilet paper is $4 less at Wal-Mart than at Jewel and it's made in Thailand, I'm buying it. Go fuck yourself unless you're buying it for me. I still fly my flag outside and I once raised my right hand to defend this country. I did my service...what about you?
I don't see his attitude as "holier than thou", I see him as telling it the way it is. Granted there are people that are forced to buy the cheapest products they can as a matter of survival. Nothing wrong with that...you gotta do what you gotta do. I think the point he was trying to make (and I don't mean to speak for him) is maybe those people who "have" to shop in Walmart are in their predicament precisely because our manufacturing base is gone. They lost their job because Walmart was instrumental in putting their company out of business. And they're forced to now "support" Walmart. Vicious circle.
Maybe if Sam Walton were a bit more of a patriot when he was around, our country might not be in such dire straights now.
They R Lying

Orange City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Judged:

Everybody shops at WalMart. If they tell you different they're lying. They will shop where they're dollar goes the farest.

An acquaintence said "I never shop at WalMart." A week later I saw her in the checkout line.
Just Sayin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Judged:

They R Lying wrote:
Everybody shops at WalMart. If they tell you different they're lying. They will shop where they're dollar goes the farest.
An acquaintence said "I never shop at WalMart." A week later I saw her in the checkout line.
You should call your acquaintance on his/her hypocrisy but not apply it to the rest of us.

Buy American, and boycott Walmart. It isn't that easy to buy American, but it is easy to boycott Walmart. Ultimately your dollar will go the farthest when American products are in in the market and in higher demand.
They R Lying

Orange City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

But when dollars are tight, you gotta go where you get the most for your money.

Although I still have a job, my health insurance premiums, taxes, insurance and utilities bills continue to climb, but our salaries have been frozen for over a year now.

Sorry about American made, but I got a family to feed. And about the American Made, just look to Detroit and what the unions did to American products, more expensive and cheap quality because Americans refuse to face the facts, they don't care about quality and most a just plain lazy.
all this for walmart

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

StonyJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Low blow, Mr. Retard.
Well said Stony J!!
They R Lying

Orange City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Hey....

Live Better,

Save Money
UR DADI

Chicago Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Fred Sled wrote:
I would go there because the hotdogs are better than Portillo's, but the people of RLB are pretty disgusting so I would most likely jut lose my appetite in the parking lot.
I know right! Even worse than that some of the scum bags from Lake Villa might go there too!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Brian_G 45,781
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 58 min Uzi 67,930
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Tinka 1,079,668
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr truth 48,894
Presidential library planned for Chicago Chicag... 3 hr joey 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Milsack 174,600
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 5 hr TW_sugar_daddio 10
Abby 7-24 6 hr Pippa 42
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr Mister Tonka 97,524
•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••