Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Also, lots of people like the porch fridge, garage fridge or basement fridge so the kids aren't constantly coming upstairs or when they have their friends over it's handy.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

You're the one who said you used the dishwasher once a week, it's what made you such a proficient dishwasher packer. But a week is a heck of a lot of stuff. So what went in there? 7 days of plates is 28, even saying you ate on paper 3 days thats still 12 plates. My plates will server 4 Do you have a 12 place setting?
Kinves, forks spoons, bowls, cups, glasses.... I just dont see you going a week, not even 4 days.

So I am curious as to what you can pack for 7 days in the dishwasher.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you keep up with this theory of 7 days worth of dishes being in the washer at once? At most I could probalby get 3 days worth of stuff in there. 4 if I was lucky.
Additionally, I'm sure this began when I was in my parents house, depending on what was for dinner (ie: nothing wet and soggy), sometimes paper plates were used.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

RACE wrote:
You're the one who said you used the dishwasher once a week, it's what made you such a proficient dishwasher packer. But a week is a heck of a lot of stuff. So what went in there? 7 days of plates is 28, even saying you ate on paper 3 days thats still 12 plates. My plates will server 4 Do you have a 12 place setting?
Kinves, forks spoons, bowls, cups, glasses.... I just dont see you going a week, not even 4 days.
So I am curious as to what you can pack for 7 days in the dishwasher.
<quoted text>
i feel like i'm ralking to a wall. Forget this 7 days of dishes idea. picture this. monday's dishes in tw washer. same tues and wed. full. wed i run it. thu, fri, sat, sun, i wash by hand cause i already used dishwasher that week. mon, new week.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>i feel like i'm ralking to a wall. Forget this 7 days of dishes idea. picture this. monday's dishes in tw washer. same tues and wed. full. wed i run it. thu, fri, sat, sun, i wash by hand cause i already used dishwasher that week. mon, new week.
But, but, but you know how to stack the dishwasher so well! Can't you get more dishes in there and tun it on Friday? How many plates you got in there on Wednesday?

Hee, hee. I'm sure this convo went on a little longer than you wanted.

:D

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Oh, I was thinking you spend 7 days filling it up!
Why do you only run it once a week?
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>i feel like i'm ralking to a wall. Forget this 7 days of dishes idea. picture this. monday's dishes in tw washer. same tues and wed. full. wed i run it. thu, fri, sat, sun, i wash by hand cause i already used dishwasher that week. mon, new week.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
That was his parents' rule.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

I still think they ran out of plates....
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
That was his parents' rule.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, you've obviously not been following along. All this has been explained.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

RACE wrote:
I still think they ran out of plates....
<quoted text>
Why would you think that? You've flaunted your math skills in this discussion. 4 people/plates x 3 days = 12. You think we didn't have 12 plates?

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Alls I read was that u ran the dishwasher once a week, so you got really good at filling it to the max. You never mentioned that "after" you ran it, you had to hand wash for the rest of the week. Indeed I thought that you hand washed only what did not fit in the machine, so if you filled it by Wed you hand washed till Sun when your actually ran the machine and emptied it.

It's really not my fault that you explained the whole thing so vaguely.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, you've obviously not been following along. All this has been explained.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

No, I dont think so. And I did not "Flaunt" my math skills, in fact I will tell you that I used a calculator for some of the bigger numbers.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Why would you think that? You've flaunted your math skills in this discussion. 4 people/plates x 3 days = 12. You think we didn't have 12 plates?

“The end justifies the means”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Interesting ... Not

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

RACE wrote:
I know you have a sister at least, so thats 4 peeps dishes for 3 meals a day AND the pots and pans used in cooking those meals for 7 days, all into 1 dishwasher?
You must have dozens of plates, cups,pots and pans to only use the dishwasher once a week.

Tonka wrote:
You misunderstand. Cleaning the kitchen was my responsibility. That means if it took only 2 days to fill it up, I was handwashing everything the remaining 5 days. So I learned how to maximize the amount of dishes I could fit into the washer for one load and still get them clean.

Additionally, what 3 meals a day are you talking about? Who do you know that comes home from school or work on a daily basis to have lunch?

I have no idea what my dad ate for breakfast as he was usually gone when I got up. My mom made us breakfast, but she was such an early riser, she would make breakfast for us and put it in the microwave till it was time for me to get up. She cleaned up after herself which probably meant wash a frying pan and spatula. Really, I just had to take care of the accumulation of dishes that occurred after everyone got home.

Cut and pasted. Cleaned up a few of Tonka's typos.:)

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

Alias50 wrote:
Interesting ... Not
Hang around. Pretty soon they will start on who goes first at the 4 way stop sign

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Hang around. Pretty soon they will start on who goes first at the 4 way stop sign
heh

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Not for nothin', but sometimes I run my dishwasher twice in a single day.

Not lately though. Mostly just getting rid of a lot of take out containers. Hey, I don't have time to cook. Don't judge me!

In fact I don't have time to be here right now either. Damn higher education crap...!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info