Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 54499 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Grey Ghost

Miami, FL

#49182 Jul 31, 2014
What's the latest in the Glow Bull Warming scam libs?

Al Gore go underground?
litesong

Everett, WA

#49183 Jul 31, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Palestinian & Israeli terrorists & soldiers have always mixed weapons, children, refugees, schools, hospitals, & dead & maimed relatives to show they hate each other, & to justify warfare & terror attacks against each other. Noam Chomsky told of the Israeli savagery of purposefully dropped cluster bombs within Palestinian refugee camps & other savageries, dating back decades. I remember Canadian doctors testifying before Congressional committees of such, & events of more recent vintage. Why doctors? Because no other people were ever allowed in the camps.
Yes, terrorists & soldiers can always find justification for continued death-dealing against children, civilians, the wounded & refugees. & continue, they do.
//////////
"dumb dumb de dumb-two bit brain" puffed:
..... all that violence on both sides makes me happy,. The more they kill each other, the better....... my dad said. " Let them kill each other until there's a winner." " Then we just kill the winners"........ the middle east are not humans....... Insects....... I hope they get a good Ebola catastrophy going over there. Now that's entertainment.
//////////
litesong wrote:
Those cheering on the terrorists & soldiers, from the other side of the world are more insect-like......pardon to the insects.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#49184 Jul 31, 2014
Louis Slungpoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are probably pro illegal immigration, right?
Why? Why have borders?

Are you talking about kids?

FYI: A psychiatrist says the Australian government sought to cover up the extent of mental health problems among children held in asylum detention.

The comments came at a national human rights inquiry into the treatment of children in immigration detention.

His claim came a day after church leaders accused Australia of holding children in "inhumane" conditions.

The government rejected that as "offensive". It says it is working to reduce the number of child detainees.

Dr Peter Young worked for International Health and Mental Services, a provider of health services at detention centres contracted by the government.

He told the Australian Human Rights Commission inquiry that he had collected figures showing "significant" mental health problems among child detainees, according to the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.

P.S. The tip of the iceberg.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#49185 Jul 31, 2014
Global warming is real and its all my fault. I absolve you of blame, I did it. I'm not going to stop.

If you reduce your greenhouse gas emissions I'll increase mine. Nobody measures carbon dioxide emissions, I've been emitting CO2 since I was born. The more carbon I emit the more fun I have.

I love emitting greenhouse gas more than you want to conserve, tax and drive up the cost of fossil fuel. No matter how expensive gas costs, I'll buy premium because alcohol is for drinking and cars are for driving; they don't mix well.

Play it safe and you'll be emitting carbon dioxide a long, long time.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#49186 Jul 31, 2014
litesong wrote:
[]Palestinian & Israeli terrorists & soldiers have always mixed weapons, children, refugees, schools, hospitals, & dead & maimed relatives to show they hate each other, & to justify warfare & terror attacks against each other.
Israel offered land for peace but when Hamas took Gaza Israel got war. Hamas' charter incorporates genocide of the Jews and the destruction of Israel.

I've been to Israel, Muslims are treated with respect like everyone else. Palestinian territories are under control of the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank and Hamas in Gaza.

litesong wrote:
Noam Chomsky told of the Israeli savagery of purposefully dropped cluster bombs within Palestinian refugee camps & other savageries, dating back decades.
Noam Chomsky is an Israel hater, who has spent a large part of his professional life trying to destroy Israel. Cite, if you have any interest in discussing facts.

litesong wrote:
I remember Canadian doctors testifying before Congressional committees of such, & events of more recent vintage. Why doctors? Because no other people were ever allowed in the camps.
Those camps are run by the UN, the rest of Palestine is under Palestinian Authority. They are responsible for the weapons fired from their territory.

I'd like to commend Egypt and Jordan for doing heroic work suppressing terrorism from Palestine, good fences make good neighbors.

litesong wrote:
Yes, terrorists & soldiers can always find justification for continued death-dealing against children, civilians, the wounded & refugees. & continue, they do.
//////////
Hamas teaches children to hate Jews, nothing like that happens in Israel. I've been to Israel, the people there love peace, just like here. Israel has a democratically elected representative government, Muslims and Christians serving in all branches of government freer than anywhere else in the Middle East.

Don't close yourself in a bubble of hate, go out and see the world, read an Israeli paper and look for the hate, then visit a Palestinian site. Don't be confused by left wing, anti-Israel media and university hacks, go see for yourself.

I recommend Eilat on the Red Sea coast.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#49187 Jul 31, 2014
Israel occupied Gaza in the 1967 Middle East war and pulled out its troops and settlers in 2005. But it still exercises control over most of Gaza's borders, waters and airspace.

It has imposed tight restrictions on the movement of goods and people, which it says is vital for its own security, but Palestinians say they feel confined and the restrictions are intolerable.

P.S. Countries join in calling Israel a terrorist state. Karma works!
truth-facts

Chillicothe, OH

#49188 Jul 31, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't true. "false farts" is correctly named.
You say something Ms. pink panties?
truth-facts

Chillicothe, OH

#49189 Jul 31, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Israel occupied Gaza in the 1967 Middle East war and pulled out its troops and settlers in 2005. But it still exercises control over most of Gaza's borders, waters and airspace.
It has imposed tight restrictions on the movement of goods and people, which it says is vital for its own security, but Palestinians say they feel confined and the restrictions are intolerable.
The reason you leftards hate Israel so much and you do hate Israel is plain and simple: people from Israel love capitalism,they are conservative in the way they think and most of all people from Israel are patriotic. and would die for their country.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#49190 Jul 31, 2014
ItItIt

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#49191 Aug 1, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Israel occupied Gaza in the 1967 Middle East war and pulled out its troops and settlers in 2005. But it still exercises control over most of Gaza's borders, waters and airspace. It has imposed tight restrictions on the movement of goods and people, which it says is vital for its own security, but Palestinians say they feel confined and the restrictions are intolerable. P.S. Countries join in calling Israel a terrorist state. Karma works!
Israel won the Gaza from Egypt after Egypt attacked them. Israel is responsible for the borders in the absence of a stable and peace loving government in Palestine.

Egypt and Jordan has worked closely with Israel during this war to stop Hamas from importing and exporting terror. Hamas' strategy is to kill as many civilians as possible; they are illegal combatants who don't wear uniforms because they attack from behind civilians.

Don't be a moral fool; the people who hide rockets in schools are the war criminals, not the people who fight them.

“Sharia, NOT!”

Since: Jul 10

Hampton, VA

#49192 Aug 1, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
See? I knew libbies are anti-Semitic.
Oh the tolerance of it all.
You tolerate terrorists and those that hate individual freedoms!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#49193 Aug 1, 2014
They feel sorry for the little guy until Hamas starts murdering homosexuals, throwing acid into the faces of schoolgirls or killing Jews in their hometowns. One sides tolerates individual freedom and cherishes life, the other wants war and genocide. Muslims in Israel are freer than in any other Muslim state.
Louis Slungpoo

Los Angeles, CA

#49194 Aug 1, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Why? Why have borders?
FYI: A psychiatrist says the Australian government sought to cover up the extent of mental health problems among children held in asylum detention.
The comments came at a national human rights inquiry into the treatment of children in immigration detention.
His claim came a day after church leaders accused Australia of holding children in "inhumane" conditions.
The government rejected that as "offensive". It says it is working to reduce the number of child detainees.
Dr Peter Young worked for International Health and Mental Services, a provider of health services at detention centres contracted by the government.
He told the Australian Human Rights Commission inquiry that he had collected figures showing "significant" mental health problems among child detainees, according to the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
Don't answer questions with questions. Would you like a free and open border? You know, unlimited free flow of people coming and going. It's not a trick question. Man up!
Louis Slungpoo

Los Angeles, CA

#49195 Aug 1, 2014
truth-facts wrote:
<quoted text>The reason you leftards hate Israel so much and you do hate Israel is plain and simple: people from Israel love capitalism,they are conservative in the way they think and most of all people from Israel are patriotic. and would die for their country.
You nailed it. But then why do a lot of Jews vote Democratic in the USA?

I wonder if they are a bit torn in their feelings.
truth-facts

Chillicothe, OH

#49196 Aug 2, 2014
Louis Slungpoo wrote:
<quoted text>
The same reason blacks and latino's vote dumboRAT.They've been hoodwinked and bamboozled. They have fallen for the scam called demonRAT.

“Sharia, NOT!”

Since: Jul 10

Hampton, VA

#49197 Aug 2, 2014
Louis Slungpoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the libby propaganda machine says that conservatives hate Jews when in fact it's just the opposite. You'd think that Jewish business owners would have figured it out by no.
fyi

Corsicana, TX

#49198 Aug 2, 2014
Read the story at the link below, it questions conventional wisdom on Global Warming.
http://mondediplo.com/openpage/wishful-thinki...
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#49199 Aug 2, 2014
fyi wrote:
Read the story at the link below, it questions conventional wisdom on Global Warming.
http://mondediplo.com/openpage/wishful-thinki...
"All of the available scientific evidence suggests that greenhouse gas emissions must peak relatively soon and then fall dramatically over the next 50 years, if not sooner, if we are to avoid the most damaging and disruptive aspects of climate change.".. citing the IPCC.

"All"?

More accurately, "All the scientific evidence considered by the IPCC suggests..."

btw, there's no 'questioning' here of conventional wisdom. Just more warmist "settled" "consensus" 'science'.
Jeez

Chatsworth, CA

#49200 Aug 2, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Why? Why have borders?
Why have borders?

That says it all. This is who we're are dealing with, folks.
litesong

Everett, WA

#49201 Aug 2, 2014
[QUOTE who="lyin' brian"]The more carbon I emit the more fun I have.[/QUOTE]

"lyin' brian" loves race V-8s at 2mpg. It's NOT pickin' up many trophies, tho.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Nuculur option 1,275,144
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 28 min boundary painter 1,719
last post wins! (Dec '10) 33 min boundary painter 1,346
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 47 min boundary painter 6,405
ask amy 8-29-15 48 min boundary painter 2
abby 8-28-15 55 min boundary painter 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Fahey Flynn 100,633
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr loose cannon 196,945
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages