Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 53505 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#48907 Jul 15, 2014
Anthony Watts attended Purdue University.[9][10] According to writer John Grant, there is no record of him graduating and he has been unwilling to discuss his education.[11][wikipedia]

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#48908 Jul 15, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, then you're a hypocrite. You're the consummate liberal. You've got great and humane suggestions for everyone. Everyone but yourself.
You seem to be good at name calling. Perhaps you could be so kind to explain how you came to such a conclusion! I was a staunch Republican before the Reagan years and the subsequent destruction of the middle class. Of course the teabags believe that anyone left of Limbaugh is a liberal. I am really an independent but no other party can get any traction. Big money and cronyism seem to control the political process today. The Reps buy into that today.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#48909 Jul 15, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be good at name calling. Perhaps you could be so kind to explain how you came to such a conclusion! I was a staunch Republican before the Reagan years and the subsequent destruction of the middle class. Of course the teabags believe that anyone left of Limbaugh is a liberal. I am really an independent but no other party can get any traction. Big money and cronyism seem to control the political process today. The Reps buy into that today.
I call 'em as I see 'em. I see a liar. You see the party line. An honest person would join the party best suited to his principles. Not its popularity. You're a dyed in the wool liberal/progressive/democrat trying to wear the mantle of a moderate.
litesong

Everett, WA

#48910 Jul 15, 2014
mudbuilder wrote:
I see a liar.....liberal/progressive/d emocrat
I see a sleepy sleazy slimy steenking reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig & toxic topix AGW denier liar with no science chemistry astronomy physics algebra or pre-calc in a poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
No Warming

Waverly, OH

#48911 Jul 15, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
And exactly how did you come to this whackie conclusion?
If you believe you're entitled to someone else's money find another method, this hand it over or we are all going to die routine is tiresome. Breaking into homes and businesses might be a start, people with money are crooks in your book.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#48912 Jul 15, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
I see a sleepy sleazy slimy steenking reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig & toxic topix AGW denier liar with no science chemistry astronomy physics algebra or pre-calc in a poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
You're more reliable but just as predictable as your so called scientists. Sing away. LOL!
Washington DC

Chatsworth, CA

#48913 Jul 15, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you believe in a secure border while we admit about 1 million people per year, right?

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#48914 Jul 16, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain this, whackadoodle.
http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/graphs_v3/F...
Where is the cooling?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...
This shows the trend over decades. Where is the cooling?
Well, I suppose that those evil scientists throughout the entire world have spiked the data and only Anthony Watts knows the real facts. LOL, This reeks of a colossal conspiracy to do what???? Just another place for the teabag mentality to polarize and hate those who are smarter than them.
Yawn, the old NASA bogus numbers huh......so tired of the same old crap from you children.

Paris

#48915 Jul 16, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
JOHN KERRY: I Get 'A Little Uptight When I Hear Politicians Say How Exceptional We Are'... Especially when you marry bizillionaire women eh John John.......

Wichita, KS

#48916 Jul 16, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I call 'em as I see 'em. I see a liar. You see the party line. An honest person would join the party best suited to his principles. Not its popularity. You're a dyed in the wool liberal/progressive/democrat trying to wear the mantle of a moderate.
As usual, you are blind as well as wackadoodle.You are just another angry RW radical watching your credibility dribble away..

Wichita, KS

#48917 Jul 16, 2014
No Warming wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe you're entitled to someone else's money find another method, this hand it over or we are all going to die routine is tiresome. Breaking into homes and businesses might be a start, people with money are crooks in your book.
You are weird. Why would I believe that I am entitled to anyone else's money? I have enough of my own. Sounds like you are just jealous because you have none and too cowardly to break into homes and businesses........

Wichita, KS

#48918 Jul 16, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Yawn, the old NASA bogus numbers huh......so tired of the same old crap from you children.
You are humorous. Just where do you get your numbers? Surely not from a valid scientific study. Limpbaugh? Watts? Spencer? Ball? Soon? Mockton? We have heard it all and they have failed miserably. When you `dis science, then it can probably be found that you are a Radical RWer, perhaps a Teabag.

Paris

#48919 Jul 16, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are humorous. Just where do you get your numbers? Surely not from a valid scientific study. Limpbaugh? Watts? Spencer? Ball? Soon? Mockton? We have heard it all and they have failed miserably. When you `dis science, then it can probably be found that you are a Radical RWer, perhaps a Teabag.
Yes, your childish name calling adds to their credibility more than to yours. You are welcome to try and spread bogus manipulated information, that's your right I guess, but we don't have to believe it. Besides, it wouldn't matter what we did in America, when you look at the skies of Mexico, China, and other countries there is no change at controlling anything.

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#48920 Jul 16, 2014
Can any "believer" prove that science "believes" as much as "believers" do and beyond science's 32 years of 95% certainty?

Wichita, KS

#48921 Jul 16, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, your childish name calling adds to their credibility more than to yours. You are welcome to try and spread bogus manipulated information, that's your right I guess, but we don't have to believe it. Besides, it wouldn't matter what we did in America, when you look at the skies of Mexico, China, and other countries there is no change at controlling anything.
I see, another whackadoodle who believes science is a great world wide conspiracy to .....

A good bit of rationalization. Mommy everybody else is doing it, why cant't I???
USA

Kapolei, HI

#48922 Jul 16, 2014

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#48923 Jul 16, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Al Gore is a climate populist with crony deals against every taxpayer and energy consumer in the Western World. Tom Steyer and the left's billionaires are speculating on higher energy and fuel prices but have been squeezed in a vice by cheap oil and gas from fracking.
Let the markets decide, not Washington. People can make their own decisions about fuel and energy production and use, we don't need government market controls to save our climate.
A free market allows Fox (aka Murdoch) to want to takeover Time Warner but media laws means he has to ditch CNN in doing so. In a real free market such as your right wing cronies dream about he could have CNN & Fox and any other media out let he could lay his hands on. Where would democracy be then ? People would be jumping off buildings with the likes of Hannity etc on their tv's every night. Governments always need to be in the mix with business as it plays a vital part in national interest. Climate change would not be even on the radar if it were left to the markets to decide.
truth-facts

Chillicothe, OH

#48924 Jul 16, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
A free market allows Fox (aka Murdoch) to want to takeover Time Warner but media laws means he has to ditch CNN in doing so. In a real free market such as your right wing cronies dream about he could have CNN & Fox and any other media out let he could lay his hands on. Where would democracy be then ? People would be jumping off buildings with the likes of Hannity etc on their tv's every night. Governments always need to be in the mix with business as it plays a vital part in national interest. Climate change would not be even on the radar if it were left to the markets to decide.
"Climate change would not even be on the radar if it were left to the markets to decide,no,climate change is a blip on the radar kept alive by you GW kooks.
No Warming

Waverly, OH

#48925 Jul 16, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are weird. Why would I believe that I am entitled to anyone else's money? I have enough of my own. Sounds like you are just jealous because you have none and too cowardly to break into homes and businesses........
Finally got you to reply with something other than whackadoodle, this forum already has spaceblues and litesong repeating the same thing over and over.

Wichita, KS

#48926 Jul 16, 2014
No Warming wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally got you to reply with something other than whackadoodle, this forum already has spaceblues and litesong repeating the same thing over and over.
I call 'em like I see 'em!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Nuculur option 1,232,750
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 42 min Jacques Orleans 189,872
News More Than 40 People Shot In Chicago Over Holida... 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
abby 5-25-15 1 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
amy 5-25-15 1 hr Kuuipo 4
Ill have those negras voting Democratic for t... 2 hr LBJ Said It 2
@POTUS: Obama unveils new TWITTER account 2 hr PotusIsEVILTWIT 3
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]