Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 63619 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

zzz

United States

#48559 Jul 4, 2014
All these alarmist are worried over CO2 and other global warming so-called triggers... is even one of them worried about the increased activity of volcanoes?

I haven't heard a peep yet have you?

They would probably suggest 'mufflers, filters, and catalytic converters been installed posthaste on all world volcanoes!
litesong

Everett, WA

#48560 Jul 4, 2014
lay down jimmied up wrote:
Just say no to drugs
"lay down jimmied up", a sleepy sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liar, said no to science & mathematics degrees & a well earned hi school diploma with science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc.
SpaceBlues

United States

#48561 Jul 4, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Call when you use some. Just say no to drugs
OK.

So far in 2014, Oklahoma has seen more earthquakes than California—and seismologists are increasingly blaming them on the injection of wastewater from oil and gas operations. A study published online this week in Science links four of Oklahoma's most prolific wastewater wells to a swarm of 2547 small earthquakes near Jones, Oklahoma, by showing how the wells sent a wave of water pressure coursing through the subsurface. The pressure can reduce forces acting to keep faults locked and trigger earthquakes. Although the hazard of induced earthquakes is uncertain, regulators in Oklahoma and elsewhere are starting to limit well operations and require more frequent reporting of well data.

Psst did you get it?
SpaceBlues

United States

#48562 Jul 4, 2014
Although thousands of disposal wells operate aseismically, four of the highest-rate wells are capable of inducing 20% of 2008-2013 central US seismicity. [science]
SpaceBlues

United States

#48563 Jul 4, 2014
zzz wrote:
All these alarmist are worried over CO2 and other global warming so-called triggers... is even one of them worried about the increased activity of volcanoes?
They would probably suggest 'mufflers, filters, and catalytic converters been installed posthaste on all world volcanoes!
You just did, huh.

What an alarmist!

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#48564 Jul 4, 2014
You goose stepping Climate Blame "believers" are cowardly and hateful child abusing gambling addicts who bet your own children's lives on a failed long range weather forecast just because you hissy-fit hate "neocons" so much for having opposing views.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#48565 Jul 4, 2014
mememine69 wrote:
You goose stepping Climate Blame "believers" are cowardly and hateful child abusing gambling addicts who bet your own children's lives on a failed long range weather forecast just because you hissy-fit hate "neocons" so much for having opposing views.
You are just another ditto head.
litesong

Everett, WA

#48566 Jul 4, 2014
me me me getting mine in the 69 position wrote:
......hateful....... hate .....opposing ......
"me me me getting mine in the 69 position" hates & opposes the superiority of people with science & mathematics degrees & well earned hi school diplomas with science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc. "me me me getting mine in the 69 position" relaxes easily among its compatriots, the sleepy sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars, who also don't have well earned hi school diplomas with science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc..
Pro global warming

Chatsworth, CA

#48567 Jul 4, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>OK.
So far in 2014, Oklahoma has seen more earthquakes than California—and seismologists are increasingly blaming them on the injection of wastewater from oil and gas operations. A study published online this week in Science links four of Oklahoma's most prolific wastewater wells to a swarm of 2547 small earthquakes near Jones, Oklahoma, by showing how the wells sent a wave of water pressure coursing through the subsurface. The pressure can reduce forces acting to keep faults locked and trigger earthquakes. Although the hazard of induced earthqWekes is uncertain, regulators in Oklahoma and elsewhere are starting to limit well operations and require more frequent reporting of well data.
Psst did you get it?
Troll. This forum is about global warming.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#48568 Jul 4, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. just another ditto head.
'69 is all those things and then just lost allegedly immensely in gambling..

See its obsession with uncertainty analysis? But then its alleged addiction spells certainty.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#48569 Jul 4, 2014
Pro global warming wrote:
<quoted text>
Troll. This forum is about global warming.
So, what's the problem?

You certainly are no "pro" but just another non-pro denier, obviously.

Psst you did not get it, right?
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#48570 Jul 4, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>So, what's the problem?
The "problem" is that you keep puffing out more CO2 while whining everyone needs to emit less.

A hypocrite... a total hypocrite.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#48571 Jul 4, 2014
mememine69 wrote:
You have changed so much.

What happened to your "mental" issues?

P.S. Long-range forecasting is easier, lonely '69.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#48572 Jul 4, 2014
zzz wrote:
Academia and the scientific community have a history of glomming onto a premise and sticking to it, no matter the problems it presents or the evidence against it. Darwinism is a good case in point.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#48573 Jul 4, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You have changed so much.
You haven't.

Still the same blowhard global warming hypocrite you've always been.

**poof**
Ice Scientist

Chatsworth, CA

#48575 Jul 5, 2014
This should make the warmies a bit less nervous about the future.
==========
Global warming computer models confounded as Antarctic sea ice hits new record high with 2.1million square miles more than is usual for time of year
Ice is covering 16million sq km, more than 2.1&#8201;million more than is usual for time of year
UN computer models on which scientists base projections say Antarctic ice should be in decline, not increasing
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#48576 Jul 5, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Academia and the scientific community have a history of glomming onto a premise and sticking to it, no matter the problems it presents or the evidence against it. Darwinism is a good case in point.
Creationists are glued to their delusions regardless of evidence.

Oh settled science is based on evidence, LOL.
Slow joe

Clarksville, TN

#48577 Jul 5, 2014
Odd that the self destruction to the environment by the species is contra Darwinian self preservation- not sure how the species could be destroying itself while trying to preserve itself
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#48578 Jul 5, 2014
Ice Scientist wrote:
This should make the warmies a bit less nervous about the future.
==========
Global warming computer models confounded as Antarctic sea ice hits new record high with 2.1million square miles more than is usual for time of year
Ice is covering 16million sq km, more than 2.1&#8201;million more than is usual for time of year
UN computer models on which scientists base projections say Antarctic ice should be in decline, not increasing
Don't lie but cut out food waste..

"If food was as expensive as a Ferrari, we would polish it and look after it."

Instead, we waste staggering amounts.

So says Professor Per Pinstrup-Andersen, head of an independent panel of experts advising the UN's Food and Agricultural Organization on how to tackle the problem.

Some 40% of all the food produced in the United States is never eaten. In Europe, we throw away 100 million tonnes of food every year.

And yet there are one billion starving people in the world.

The FAO's best guess is that one third of all food produced for human consumption is lost or wasted before it is eaten.
litesong

Everett, WA

#48579 Jul 5, 2014
NOT ice scientist wrote:
Antarctic sea ice hits new record high
Of course, "NOT ice scientist" ain't no scientist, or it would know AGW scientists predicted increased Antarctic sea ice in 2002, confirmed in 2005 & as sleepy sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars continually point out, as if it wasn't an AGW scientists' prediction.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Earl 1,535,473
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Dr Guru 240,914
Trump Just Sux 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 10,706
GOP: Kids should be financially independent soo... 3 hr Liar Don 9
Bottomless wife? 3 hr Kink 6
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Margarite 105,187

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages