Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 64309 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#48539 Jul 3, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, kid, but rain isn't water vapor.
Rain is condensed vapour.

More vapour, more rain.

More heat, more vapour.

More CO2, more heat.
Except

West Terre Haute, IN

#48540 Jul 3, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Rain is condensed vapour.
More vapour, more rain.
More heat, more vapour.
More CO2, more heat.
More heat more vapor. Then why are deserts dry.
Blonde coed

Corona Del Mar, CA

#48541 Jul 3, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>New
Earthquakes triggered by fracking wastewater in Oklahoma
P.S. Do you live in OK? Or near OK?
Don't be afraid and worried. I'm not scared and I'm blond.

My BF is strong and unafraid too.

Looks like a beautiful weekend.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#48542 Jul 3, 2014
Except wrote:
<quoted text>
More heat more vapor. Then why are deserts dry.
They are hot and it doesn't rain there.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#48543 Jul 3, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Rain is condensed vapour.
More vapour, more rain.
thus less present ghg.

check mate.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#48544 Jul 3, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
But you really have nothing intelligent to say. It is easy to be against science when you apparently have no concept of what you are saying. Or perhaps you do but say it anyhow..
science is on my side, son. but keep stomping your feet.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#48545 Jul 3, 2014
Socialism is for Sissies wrote:
<quoted text>The satellite WILL disprove your hoax. That is only if the data is not manipulated.
I work around a lot of sophisticated equipment and to say it takes months to calibrate, and in space before leaving here is a farce.
I believe your "calibration" may be the result of "recorrecting" until the numbers make the "scientists" feel better.
I have been told to calibrate to give a false but favorable reading myself ya know. It is done.
You work with weighing scales, how nice!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#48546 Jul 3, 2014
Blonde coed wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be afraid and worried. I'm not scared and I'm blond.
My BF is strong and unafraid too.
Looks like a beautiful weekend.
Not in the Carolinas..

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#48547 Jul 3, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Not in the Carolinas..
It's a nice evening on Kiawah Island, SC.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#48548 Jul 3, 2014
Tonight Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 2am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 77. West wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Independence Day Mostly sunny, with a high near 89. North wind 5 to 7 mph becoming south in the afternoon.
Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 75. South wind 5 to 7 mph becoming light and variable.
Saturday A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 87. East wind 8 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 75. East wind 7 to 14 mph.
Sunday A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 86. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 75.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#48549 Jul 3, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Tonight Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 2am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 77. West wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Independence Day Mostly sunny, with a high near 89. North wind 5 to 7 mph becoming south in the afternoon.
Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 75. South wind 5 to 7 mph becoming light and variable.
Saturday A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 87. East wind 8 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 75. East wind 7 to 14 mph.
Sunday A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 86. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 75.
it's a little breezy, but quite nice standing on the beach a short while ago.
:-D

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#48550 Jul 3, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>science is on my side, son. but keep stomping your feet.
Only in your imagination.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#48551 Jul 3, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in your imagination.
yet another unproven theory of yours, son.
do try harder.... as it may be easy for you to FEEL scientifically superior to others, the facts are the RESULTS department of alarmism just hasn't matched up so far by a long shot!! lol
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#48552 Jul 3, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>yet another unproven theory of yours, son.
do try harder.... as it may be easy for you to FEEL scientifically superior to others, the facts are the RESULTS department of alarmism just hasn't matched up so far by a long shot!! lol
"it may be easy for you to FEEL scientifically superior to others"

And that would explain how their CO2 doesn't add to the "crisis" -- they 'feel' they are on the side of reason, yet their 'reason' is foiled by their actions.

Hypocrites... the lot of them.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#48553 Jul 3, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>thus less present ghg.
check mate.
Nope.

More evaporation replaces the water vapour.
Pro global warming

Chatsworth, CA

#48554 Jul 4, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Tonight Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 2am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 77. West wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Independence Day Mostly sunny, with a high near 89. North wind 5 to 7 mph becoming south in the afternoon.
Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 75. South wind 5 to 7 mph becoming light and variable.
Saturday A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 87. East wind 8 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 75. East wind 7 to 14 mph.
Sunday A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 86. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 75.
This storm was caused by global warming. We have never seen storm surges like this ever before in history. We warned you. Now it's here.
==========

Thousands of vacationers in North Carolina were forced to flee the coast as heavy rains and winds were expected to pound the state's popular and flood-prone Outer Banks into Friday. The Banks, a 200-mile string of narrow barrier islands, is home to about 57,000 permanent residents.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#48555 Jul 4, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>HAH you could not follow the facts.
Typical but let's consider your point; do you have any?
Call when you use some. Just say no to drugs

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#48556 Jul 4, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>yet another unproven theory of yours, son.
do try harder.... as it may be easy for you to FEEL scientifically superior to others, the facts are the RESULTS department of alarmism just hasn't matched up so far by a long shot!! lol
Another wet dream of yours.
litesong

Everett, WA

#48558 Jul 4, 2014
ratdownthemiddledownwronggully wrote:
..... easy for you to FEEL scientifically superior.......
Good "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" acknowledges the superiority of people with science & mathematics degrees & well earned hi school diplomas with science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc, altho "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" relaxes easy among its compatriots, the sleepy sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars.
zzz

United States

#48559 Jul 4, 2014
All these alarmist are worried over CO2 and other global warming so-called triggers... is even one of them worried about the increased activity of volcanoes?

I haven't heard a peep yet have you?

They would probably suggest 'mufflers, filters, and catalytic converters been installed posthaste on all world volcanoes!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min USAsince1680 1,658,293
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 min Freddie 11,583
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr Breezy _Soul 3,732
Trillions in Debt 1 hr Komrad 1
Steal from Poor to pay the Rich 1 hr Hard Cask 1
Who was the bouncer they called "Tubby" in the ... 2 hr Curious 1
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 2,679

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages