Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 64671 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#48332 Jun 25, 2014
there is something 'pucce-fied' when people give 'mean' judge-its on topix.

there is also some predictability of the pucce-eez that post right after i predict they will.

wipe your chins, alter ego quacks.

bwwwwaaahahahhahahahaahaa

pseudo-scientists are the brightest bulbs in the room.....that's a fact!!!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#48333 Jun 25, 2014
you people need to concentrate on the irs warming that is heating up.

too bad political advocate liars have to worry about putting out other fires!!!

heee hee hee

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#48334 Jun 25, 2014
IRS agrees to pay up on Romney probing.

IRS Commissioner wants to rely on "common sense" without reviewing criminal statutes that no crimes were committed!

IRS Lerner....attacks Grassley for no good reason!!

Majority of Americans believe that IRS is being dishonest.

Global Hoax is promoted by left wing democrats!!

AND......they want us to accept that science is settled without following the scientific methodology???

LIBTARDS.......do you think others are as willfully stupid as you all seem to be???

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#48335 Jun 25, 2014
you people have been duped!! you seem to relish your own ignorance.

bwaaahaaahahaaa

what a bunch of fuquetards/

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#48336 Jun 25, 2014
i don't care if lerner goes to jail!

i want the TRUTH!

i want to trust the IRS!

who is with me?????

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#48337 Jun 25, 2014
did lois delete....or was the hard drive destroyed?

sounds like MANN's emails!!

hee hee hee
litesong

Everett, WA

#48338 Jun 25, 2014
false farts wrote:
And your(sic) supposed to be educated. LMAO
your(sic)......ah, without your(not sic) ass, you're(not sic) constipated thinking keeps the truth from......... flowing through you.
litesong

Everett, WA

#48339 Jun 25, 2014
ratdownthemiddledownwronggully wrote:
i want to trust the IRS!
Nah!!! But, with a flat-rate income tax, the IRS would be eliminated.
truth-facts

Chillicothe, OH

#48340 Jun 25, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if your suggesting a flat tax that's the most intelligent thing you've posted. Let's hope so.
truth-facts

Chillicothe, OH

#48341 Jun 25, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
hee hee hee
They are the criminals.They support demonRATS.
truth-facts

Chillicothe, OH

#48342 Jun 25, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
hee hee hee
Now the EPA has lost emails. What a bunch of Chicago way politics.
truth-facts

Chillicothe, OH

#48343 Jun 25, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
i don't care if lerner goes to jail!
i want the TRUTH!
i want to trust the IRS!
who is with me?????
TRUST the IRS,hmm? Your telling jokes tonight.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#48344 Jun 25, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Another one of those "black knights" out there. Even thou drowning in facts the armour of ignorance is weighs you down, sinking into the abyss.(standing of course)
I'm sure there's some enigmatic axiom in there somewhere.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#48345 Jun 25, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
OzRitz wrote:
SpaceBlues wrote:
litesong wrote:
Well I see our little band of global warming hypocrites are spewing more CO2 into the atmosphere while still claiming that CO2 levels are already at a "crisis" level according to their "settled" "consensus" science.

Anyone wonder why no one takes them seriously?
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#48346 Jun 25, 2014
Study finds wind power increases costs of electricity production and CO2 emissions

A study from EIKE, the European Institute of Climate & Energy, finds based upon the experience in Germany and the fundamental statistical principles that intermittent and unpredictable wind power cannot serve as a baseline power source, wind power peaks are often wasted and have no correlation with power demand, there is no available means of storing wasted wind power peaks, and thus, the costs of electricity production and CO2 emissions [from firing up the fossil fuel baseline power required] will greatly increase, not decrease, due to wind power.

http://hockeyschtick.blogspot.com/2014/06/stu...

d'Oh!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#48347 Jun 25, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
do you support or oppose a flat tax? i need to know! your positions seem to impolode without warning,'''' i love being in scrapne-free zones!l

man up and tell the forum how you feel......we don't want to hear about starling murders, though, okay wu flunk out??

you can do it!!!!!!! please show us you are beyond cut and paste bullshyt!

heeeeeeeheeeehehehheheeeeeehhe eeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!
litesong

Everett, WA

#48348 Jun 25, 2014
motheaten wrote:
wind power cannot serve as a baseline power source,
Many years ago, sleepy, sleazy, slimy, steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars were so enamored with fossil fuel power, they crowed that renewables would be hard set to produce 1% of grid. Renewables soared past 1%. Of course, sleepy, sleazy, slimy, steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars backed-up, retrenched & said renewables couldn't ever produce base power. Renewables powered up further & in some areas, are a healthy percentage of base power, altho they were never toted as base power. Still, sleepy, sleazy, slimy, steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars think they win victories, still toeing the baseline.

Meanwhile, wind turbines are well taller than the Space Needle, ever more efficient, & wringing fantastic quantities of electricity out of wind. & now there is the wonderful possibilities that huge off-shore wind farms may tap enough energy from hurricanes & typhoons as to disrupt the storm systems......... spectacular!!!!!!! Of course, sleepy, sleazy, slimy, steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars have never marveled that such a possibility exists.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#48349 Jun 25, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Many years ago, sleepy, sleazy, slimy, steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars were so enamored with fossil fuel power, they crowed that renewables would be hard set to produce 1% of grid. Renewables soared past 1%. Of course, sleepy, sleazy, slimy, steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars backed-up, retrenched & said renewables couldn't ever produce base power. Renewables powered up further & in some areas, are a healthy percentage of base power, altho they were never toted as base power. Still, sleepy, sleazy, slimy, steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars think they win victories, still toeing the baseline.
Meanwhile, wind turbines are well taller than the Space Needle, ever more efficient, & wringing fantastic quantities of electricity out of wind. & now there is the wonderful possibilities that huge off-shore wind farms may tap enough energy from hurricanes & typhoons as to disrupt the storm systems......... spectacular!!!!!!! Of course, sleepy, sleazy, slimy, steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars have never marveled that such a possibility exists.
ethanol is a renewable......are you still loving it, bird killer?

bwaaahahahahaha

what a confused agw advocate you are, short bus kid.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#48350 Jun 26, 2014
My, the deniers are all frothing around the mouth. Can't support their rants so they yell. What are their arguments? It ain't happening. It is happening but it is all natural. It is happening but it is good for us. It happened before so there is nothing man can do to cause it now. It is happening but puny mankind can't possibly influence it because God said so. It ain't happening. It is happening but it is good for us. It is all natural. It is the sun. Scientists are all crooked. It is a great plot to destroy capitalism. It is communist inspired. Obama did it. It is gigantic worldwide conspiracy dreamed up by Al Gore so he can fly all over the world and dine in fancy restaurants.. Don't need no steenkin' scientist Rush says it is a hoax.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#48351 Jun 26, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
My, the deniers are all frothing around the mouth. Can't support their rants so they yell. What are their arguments? It ain't happening. It is happening but it is all natural. It is happening but it is good for us. It happened before so there is nothing man can do to cause it now. It is happening but puny mankind can't possibly influence it because God said so. It ain't happening. It is happening but it is good for us. It is all natural. It is the sun. Scientists are all crooked. It is a great plot to destroy capitalism. It is communist inspired. Obama did it. It is gigantic worldwide conspiracy dreamed up by Al Gore so he can fly all over the world and dine in fancy restaurants.. Don't need no steenkin' scientist Rush says it is a hoax.
Unfortunately.....Bozo, the burden of proof is on your shoulders. We don't have to prove we can master global climate patterns.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min welfarestate 1,758,870
What are the best adult dating sites in Chicago ? 27 min jo-jo 8
Leslie I love you 53 min SHEs used goods 2
Johnny brandenburg 56 min This is an answer 6
Bubba should walk in Chappaqua Woods. 59 min PIGs Hubby 1
Change one letter in the word (Apr '12) 5 hr The real Rudy 72
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 6 hr MPMMB 3,861

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages