Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 52,366
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Read more
Donnie

United States

#48205 Jun 23, 2014

By Emily Gosden, Energy Editor

2:59PM BST 23 Jun 2014

One of Greenpeace’s most senior executives commutes 250 miles to work by plane, despite the environmental group’s campaign to curb air travel, it has emerged.

Pascal Husting, Greenpeace International’s international programme director, said he began "commuting between Luxembourg and Amsterdam" when he took the job in 2012 and currently made the round trip about twice a month.

The flights, at 250 euros for a round trip, are funded by Greenpeace, despite its campaign to curb "the growth in aviation", which it says "is ruining our chances of stopping dangerous climate change”.

One Greenpeace volunteer on Monday described Mr Husting's travel arrangements as "almost unbelievable".

Another said they were cancelling their payments to support Greenpeace in the wake of the disclosure and series of other damaging revelations of of disarray and financial mismanagement at the organisation, in documents leaked to the Guardian newspaper.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#48206 Jun 23, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>you don't have to read my posts, mullet.
you don't have to respond either, dog pecker gnat!
but you have no self control it seems.
poor little wedge.
Agreed.

Spaceballs 'could' do his part to save the planet but shutting down his computer, but he can't.

As could the other warmists... but it they'd rather destroy the planet with more CO2 than actually save it, that is according to themselves.

Phonies... the lot of them.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#48207 Jun 23, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>you don't have to read my posts, mullet.
you don't have to respond either, dog pecker gnat!
but you have no self control it seems.
poor little wedge.
FAIL

Read my posts at the other thread.

BAWAWAhahahahaha

Depressed, idiot?

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#48208 Jun 23, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
And....?
Were not temperature records altered as he claims?
(get some popcorn folks... the ensuing fiction as answer will make this a fun show)
Of course they wete.

To correct for the fact that the time of observation was changed from a warm time of day to a cool one.

Are you going to argue that that correction should not have been made?

"the green troll"

#48209 Jun 23, 2014
Donnie wrote:
by James Delingpole and Kit Eastwood 23 Jun 2014, 5:12 AM PDT 83 post a comment
Scientists at two of the world’s leading climate centres - NASA and NOAA - have been caught out manipulating temperature data to overstate the extent of the 20th century "global warming".
The evidence of their tinkering can clearly be seen at Real Science, where blogger Steven Goddard has posted a series of graphs which show "climate change" before and after the adjustments.
When the raw data is used, there is little if any evidence of global warming and some evidence of global cooling. However, once the data has been adjusted - ie fabricated by computer models - 20th century 'global warming' suddenly looks much more dramatic.
This is especially noticeable on the US temperature records. Before 2000, it was generally accepted - even by climate activists like NASA's James Hansen - that the hottest decade in the US was the 1930s.
As Hansen himself said in a 1989 report:
In the U.S. there has been little temperature change in the past 50 years, the time of rapidly increasing greenhouse gases — in fact, there was a slight cooling throughout much of the country.
continued:
Delingpole is another high priest of the cult of stupid.

The correction was for a well documented shift in time of observation from a warm time of day to a cool one.

Is any one of you denier idiots actually going to argue that ignoring this factor gives a more accurate picture of how temperatures have changed?

No, as usual you will run away from any real discussion of the science involved like frightened rabbits, but come back later with more baseless accustions like vicious weasels.
truth-facts

Chillicothe, OH

#48210 Jun 23, 2014
Home»Earth»EnvironmentThe scandal of fiddled global warming data
The US has actually been cooling since the Thirties, the hottest decade on record

A scene from 'The Day After Tomorrow': in reality, officially approved scientists fudge the data By Christopher Booker
4:04PM BST 21 Jun 2014
Comments
When future generations try to understand how the world got carried away around the end of the 20th century by the panic over global warming, few things will amaze them more than the part played in stoking up the scare by the fiddling of official temperature data. There was already much evidence of this seven years ago, when I was writing my history of the scare, The Real Global Warming Disaster. But now another damning example has been uncovered by Steven Goddard’s US blog Real Science, showing how shamelessly manipulated has been one of the world’s most influential climate records, the graph of US surface temperature records published by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

Lies, deception, manipulation of data You warmies can't get your agenda through without lying.
You find a bunch of gullible morons and scare the sht out of them. OH GOD THE EARTH WILL END if we don't' do something now.
Your a bunch of pathetic puppets.

"the green troll"

#48211 Jun 23, 2014
truth-facts wrote:
Home»Earth»EnvironmentThe scandal of fiddled global warming data
The US has actually been cooling since the Thirties, the hottest decade on record
A scene from 'The Day After Tomorrow': in reality, officially approved scientists fudge the data By Christopher Booker
4:04PM BST 21 Jun 2014
Comments
When future generations try to understand how the world got carried away around the end of the 20th century by the panic over global warming, few things will amaze them more than the part played in stoking up the scare by the fiddling of official temperature data. There was already much evidence of this seven years ago, when I was writing my history of the scare, The Real Global Warming Disaster. But now another damning example has been uncovered by Steven Goddard’s US blog Real Science, showing how shamelessly manipulated has been one of the world’s most influential climate records, the graph of US surface temperature records published by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
Lies, deception, manipulation of data You warmies can't get your agenda through without lying.
You find a bunch of gullible morons and scare the sht out of them. OH GOD THE EARTH WILL END if we don't' do something now.
Your a bunch of pathetic puppets.
Fair Game wrote:
Is any one of you denier idiots actually going to argue that ignoring this factor gives a more accurate picture of how temperatures have changed?

No, as usual you will run away from any real discussion of the science involved like frightened rabbits, but come back later with more baseless accustions like vicious weasels.
Another member of the cult of stupid jumps in to prove the point.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#48212 Jun 23, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>FAIL

Depressed, idiot?
of course not!! as i've told you before, son, i'm not the gloom and doom type like you seem to be, chicken little.

try another tack, little 'mann'.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#48213 Jun 23, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
Spaceballs 'could' do his part to save the planet but shutting down his computer, but he can't.
As could the other warmists... but it they'd rather destroy the planet with more CO2 than actually save it, that is according to themselves.
Phonies... the lot of them.
if 'spacey' is one thing.......it's a hypocrite.
L Morales

El Monte, CA

#48214 Jun 23, 2014
The planet has its own ways of fixing problems. So we in Texas will continue to frack, drill, pump, and refine our precious oil. Doing our part to keep our south Texas gas prices at $3.22Gal. Thats why we can afford to drive our Ford F350 6.2Ltr V8 4x4 lifted trucks that get 8miles to the gallon. Ozone destroyers. You're welcome.¿Y Que putos?-TX
truth-facts

Chillicothe, OH

#48215 Jun 23, 2014
L Morales wrote:
The planet has its own ways of fixing problems. So we in Texas will continue to frack, drill, pump, and refine our precious oil. Doing our part to keep our south Texas gas prices at $3.22Gal. Thats why we can afford to drive our Ford F350 6.2Ltr V8 4x4 lifted trucks that get 8miles to the gallon. Ozone destroyers. You're welcome.¿Y Que putos?-TX
I'm jealous Morales. You enjoy that F-350 I'll have to settle with my V8 f-150
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#48216 Jun 23, 2014
Well, you can believe Mr. Booker, who is a writer, or the scientists, who are....scientists.

And you can believe the Supreme Court, which said today that greenhouse gases need regulating. I know you love the Supreme Court.

You deniers just don't know when the fight is over.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#48217 Jun 23, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
Well, you can believe Mr. Booker, who is a writer, or the scientists, who are....scientists.
And you can believe the Supreme Court, which said today that greenhouse gases need regulating. I know you love the Supreme Court.

"It's just a flesh wound"
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#48218 Jun 23, 2014
truth-facts

Chillicothe, OH

#48219 Jun 23, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
No you libretards have to lie to get your agendas passed and you can't stand it when people call you out.The whole libtard agenda(s) is based on lies and manipulation of data.
litesong

Everett, WA

#48220 Jun 23, 2014
L Morales wrote:
...... our Ford F350 6.2Ltr V8 4x4 lifted trucks that get 8miles to the gallon.......
If you can find rare 100%(ethanol-free) gasoline in S. Texas, you might get 9mpg.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#48221 Jun 23, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Liar.. Have you converted yet?
Keating says he is more than willing to pay the money [10K] but doesn't believe it will happen, "I'm a scientist and I have to go where the science leads me. I have been studying climate change for a long time and I am certain my money is safe. They are in the business of denial and deception, not science. But, if someone could give me a scientific proof global warming isn't real, it would be worth the money."
Na. I'm not the religious type. Whether it be spiritual or scientific.
litesong

Everett, WA

#48222 Jun 23, 2014
false-farts wrote:
you......have to lie to get your agendas passed
Sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars can't lie enough to get science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in a high school diploma. That's why sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars have no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#48223 Jun 23, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars can't lie enough to get science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in a high school diploma. That's why sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars have no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
Your literary creativity is edging out your scientific ability.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#48224 Jun 23, 2014
litesong wrote:
Just think of all the CO2 you could have spared the atmosphere with your insipid posts.

Guess it's not such a "crisis" after all, is it?

And no, if you stop posting you'll still be a jackass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min red and right 1,207,097
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 min taroB 69,316
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min Jacques Ottawa 185,922
Abby 3-30-15 34 min tiredofit 10
Amy 3-30-15 56 min Sublime1 30
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr CDC 51,885
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Sam 71,701
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]