Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 60021 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#48127 Jun 21, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>thanks for your opinions, son! now here is mine....i think you're completely delusional.
Well one day you might eat your words when the next Bill Gates turns out to be a tree hugger coming up with a energy source or invention that changes the world.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#48128 Jun 21, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>another irrational rant from an agw jihadist.
do you ever think before you type, moron?
http://www.climatechangedispatch.com/ipcc-com...
Exactly what are Matt Rldley's credentials? He needs to stick with what he has studied, zoology. Looks like more bunko from the denial industry, but that helps the old pocketbook.

Location hidden

#48129 Jun 21, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Anti liberal will do.
Not sure you know what the word liberal means.But I have no problem understanding that you are anti-liberal.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#48130 Jun 21, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well one day you might eat your words when the next Bill Gates turns out to be a tree hugger coming up with a energy source or invention that changes the world.
i'm all for innovation and personal success. i've never seen a senseless tax produce a success story like that, however. but then.....i don't worship big government like your crowd does.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#48131 Jun 21, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly what are Matt Rldley's credentials? ok.
what are yours, lap dog lefty? you pretend to know so much, but you always fall short of the mark when pressed on your outrageous claims. prediction pretenders......the left is full of them these days.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#48132 Jun 21, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly what are Matt Rldley's credentials? He needs to stick with what he has studied, zoology. Looks like more bunko from the denial industry, but that helps the old pocketbook.
why would a rational person prefer your kool-ade?
http://www.plantsneedco2.org/default.aspx...

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#48133 Jun 21, 2014
you're all full of pseudoscientific nonsense.
http://www.aetherometry.com/Electronic_Public...

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#48134 Jun 21, 2014
everything you kooks claim is easily debunked.
http://www.cfact.org/issues/climate-change/cl...

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#48135 Jun 21, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure you know what the word liberal means.But I have no problem understanding that you are anti-liberal.
There is a chasm of monumental proportions between being liberal and being "a" liberal. Much like the difference between democrat and democracy.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#48136 Jun 21, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
For a start, all you see a carbon tax as another tax not what it has been designed to do. But that's just your political filters engaged. If the West were universal in implementing it, starting with the US as it's still the economic engine room for the world. Everyone of the US trading partners would jump on board in a heartbeat. Then Asia would have to comply and if they didn't then you can hit them with a carbon import tax on everything they make where their factories don't comply. In September this year I make a bet with you right now that China will come on board with emissions limits something they didn't want a bar of at Kyoto and they sucked the US in with them, which gave THEM a huge advantage in both labor costs and environmental laws because they ignored all of them to build what they have now. That was the big mistake made then, the next mistake will be keep doing the same thing. Carbon pricing does two things, it forces emissions down due to costs and provides incentive for new industries to start in renewable energy. It's the carrot of opportunity that you bend over backwards to deny. But if it's done right, then it's the new gold rush that you can't even see.
Most taxes are designed for government income but a carbon tax is designed to force the economy to stop. We are carbon, all our interactions involve carbon, don't hate carbon.

If the climate can be fixed with a climate tax, then it wasn't broken in the first place.
Jerry

Chatsworth, CA

#48137 Jun 21, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
Where did all these experts come from? Rather presumptuous for them to believe that they know more about the climate than the scientists, isn't it? Just where do they get their information. Doubt that any do basic research. Anti science, anti progress, anti environment, anti gays, anti religious freedom, anti gun control, anti government, anti, anti, anti.......
Really! Just what are they for???
Your post is weak. Better ride your bicycle to the library and do a little research.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#48138 Jun 21, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Flutter, flutter. Poor thing! zzzzzaaaappppp! oops.
Hypocrite.

Liar.

Phony.

Dupe.

All of the above describe your adherence to the "settled" science and the looming "crisis".
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#48139 Jun 21, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
Where did all these experts come from?
What do you care? You'll still keep and posting your bullshyt and spewing more CO2 into the atmosphere.... and then insist others do their part to 'save' the planet from the "crisis" that you don't believe in.

What a phony.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#48140 Jun 21, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
For a start, all you see a carbon tax as another tax not what it has been designed to do. But that's just your political filters engaged. If the West were universal in implementing it, starting with the US as it's still the economic engine room for the world. Everyone of the US trading partners would jump on board in a heartbeat.
Bullshyt!
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#48141 Jun 21, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly what are Matt Rldley's credentials?.
What do you care?

You treat the "settled" science as toilet paper and you poof out more CO2 into the atmosphere.

Show some credibility... shut up!

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#48142 Jun 21, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
His irrational optimism as chairman caused the first run on a British bank in 150 years.

Now he want to apply the same irrational optimism to global warming and bet everything on low climate sensitivity.

And he does it again by only seeing what he wants to see in the evidence.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2012/12/20/1...
litesong

Everett, WA

#48143 Jun 21, 2014
ratdownthemiddledownwronggully wrote:
poor little warmist lap dog.
Ah.......a lap dog bit "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully", shortening it, so "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" can only satisfy the rats in the down wrong gully now.
Jim

Oak Hill, WV

#48144 Jun 21, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah.......a lap dog bit "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully", shortening it, so "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" can only satisfy the rats in the down wrong gully now.
That is funny, a senseless comment from a wannabe educated poster. Seems his education is lost.

Location hidden

#48146 Jun 22, 2014
Here is a little reading for ditto deniers.
http://simpleclimate.wordpress.com/2014/06/22...

I have yet to see a valid argument from any of you. Your comments are steeped in political and are not rational arguments at all. Mostly all I see is reactionary RW extremist propaganda.

The earth is warming. CO2 is a GHG. Burning fossil fuels increases the CO2 in the atmosphere. No one has found any other reason for the current warming. Many have tried and failed. Man can and has altered the environment. Quit denying and become rational.

Location hidden

#48147 Jun 22, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a chasm of monumental proportions between being liberal and being "a" liberal. Much like the difference between democrat and democracy.
I see, you actually looked it up! Yep I am a liberal person and proud of it.It is the radical RWers who have tried to place a perversion on the word liberal. I am also progressive, another word the radical RWers have perverted. BTW, most Democrats are democratic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Yeah 1,394,528
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min Rogue Scholar 05 216,483
Observations 55 min A Noted Observer 128
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Cheftell 70,702
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 hr Red_Forman 1,105
News Mexico 'Voice' contestant shot dead in Chicago 4 hr bozo 3
last post wins! (Dec '10) 4 hr Red_Forman 2,127
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 18 hr AngryLeak 102,441
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages