Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 60053 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#48105 Jun 20, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Flutter, flutter, you singed your gossamer wings and spiraling into oblivion.
Yup... your arguments fail in the face of your hypocrisy.

"Crisis"? Nope... you keep posting as if there is one.

Shut up you phony hypocrite.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#48106 Jun 20, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, who is being pissed off and spiteful? I not only give to charity, I do at least eight weeks of volunteer work each year and pay for supplies needed. I drive a 2002 Cavalier and I have only flown twice. My carbon footprint is much below average and I have 24 CFL's and replacing them with LED's as they fail.
Now tell us how you are doing your part.
You left out your inane screeds you post online.

You do know that creates CO2 don't you?

And that CO2 is at "crisis" levels, right?

But you still keep posting... and posting... and posting.

That makes you a hypocrite.

No?

So.. shut up and prove it.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#48107 Jun 20, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe the "bottom" is being added too by the system Reagan & his buds refined into a well oiled machine. Take for instance the computer industry as it's where I made my living from, there was a time when America made the best motherboards in the world. Now not even one bluechip company makes one, they are all made in Asia. Then go across every industry, steel, cars, clothing, whitegoods, electronics, it just goes on and on. Those total job loses add up into the millions over the years lost to Corporations who wanted to improve their bottom line by chasing cheap labor. In some cases they had too or go bust because of cheap imports from overseas. Either way it left industry after industry with massive unemployment and they can't all get jobs in the service industries cleaning toilets for the 1%'ers who lost nothing. Explain how dropping taxes gives any of them a better chance of a career or that it creates new opportunities building at the bottom. You are living a delusion!
All of the above Obama played NO PART in creating, it was capitalism allowed to go cowboy all the way through the financial system to all industries.
The preceding screed was brought to you by a warmist who claims to believe in the "settled" science of "crisis" level CO2 in the atmosphere.

You're a phony liar.

Shut up already.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#48108 Jun 20, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
Let's listen to Al Gore in the Rolling Stone for the latest on solar and wind.
http://click.climaterealityinfo.org/...
psst.. this isn't the comedy thread.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#48109 Jun 21, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
You left out your inane screeds you post online.
You do know that creates CO2 don't you?
And that CO2 is at "crisis" levels, right?
But you still keep posting... and posting... and posting.
That makes you a hypocrite.
No?
So.. shut up and prove it.
Flutter, flutter. Poor thing! zzzzzaaaappppp! oops.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#48110 Jun 21, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>and now you want amnesty, right?
http://www.topix.com/forum/new s/global-warming/TDORH7A5J2552 8PGR

Location hidden

#48111 Jun 21, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>they seem to have done well under those rules. so has barry, bill, and hill.
oh, wait......those three were political huxsters!!!! what about al gore? shyt....never mind!
what about that other fat guy.....the columbine director that wears a cap to black tie events?
or.......warren buffet?
or.....huffington?
or....the pritzker's?
or....the soros?
Yep, they did. But it is obvious that you have not because you are so hateful and depressed.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#48112 Jun 21, 2014

Location hidden

#48113 Jun 21, 2014
Except wrote:
<quoted text> You don't have the money to maintain the car as well as switch to leds now. Not that it makes a difference on a anonymous forum. My house is all led. Spray foam insulated,mini split AC,with solar water heat and power(can't get permission for wind turbine).
I fully understand. you are all we need, another troll.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#48114 Jun 21, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, they did. But it is obvious that you have not because you are so hateful and depressed.
another rerun from the "bozo". can't defend his position and jumps on the psychoanalyst couch.

bwaaahahahahaaa

Location hidden

#48115 Jun 21, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>another rerun from the "bozo". can't defend his position and jumps on the psychoanalyst couch.
bwaaahahahahaaa
Poor little troll!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#48116 Jun 21, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor little troll!
poor little warmist lap dog.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#48117 Jun 21, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
A carbon tax would give the west a huge advantage over Asia yet you can't see it.
you're right.....perhaps you could defend this opinion of yours!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#48118 Jun 21, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>

But all you are sold on is the cost increase that would come to run that big a$$ truck of yours.
which ones? you claim to be a know-it-all!!

hee hee hee

Since: Jun 14

Canoga Park, CA

#48120 Jun 21, 2014
There's no global warming! Obama told me so!

New Political Jokes!
What Do You Call Obama Wearing Headphones?

http://www.funnyjokester.com/funny-obama-joke...

http://www.funnyjokester.com/political-jokes/

Funny Obama and Bush Jokes!
Sven

Finland

#48121 Jun 21, 2014
Global Warming is a myth written in mythology!
Ancient Greeks knew all about Zeus and Folks,
New York City Folks, city slickers!
They could see ahead in time just like some
believe they can now?
Just that neither really knew/knows anything about
the future.
Only the lady with palm reading skills can do that.
My kinda lady!

Location hidden

#48122 Jun 21, 2014
Where did all these experts come from? Rather presumptuous for them to believe that they know more about the climate than the scientists, isn't it? Just where do they get their information. Doubt that any do basic research. Anti science, anti progress, anti environment, anti gays, anti religious freedom, anti gun control, anti government, anti, anti, anti.......
Really! Just what are they for???

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#48123 Jun 21, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
Where did all these experts come from? Rather presumptuous for them to believe that they know more about the climate than the scientists, isn't it? Just where do they get their information. Doubt that any do basic research. Anti science, anti progress, anti environment, anti gays, anti religious freedom, anti gun control, anti government, anti, anti, anti.......
Really! Just what are they for???
Anti liberal will do.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#48124 Jun 21, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>you're right.....perhaps you could defend this opinion of yours!
For a start, all you see a carbon tax as another tax not what it has been designed to do. But that's just your political filters engaged. If the West were universal in implementing it, starting with the US as it's still the economic engine room for the world. Everyone of the US trading partners would jump on board in a heartbeat. Then Asia would have to comply and if they didn't then you can hit them with a carbon import tax on everything they make where their factories don't comply. In September this year I make a bet with you right now that China will come on board with emissions limits something they didn't want a bar of at Kyoto and they sucked the US in with them, which gave THEM a huge advantage in both labor costs and environmental laws because they ignored all of them to build what they have now.
That was the big mistake made then, the next mistake will be keep doing the same thing. Carbon pricing does two things, it forces emissions down due to costs and provides incentive for new industries to start in renewable energy. It's the carrot of opportunity that you bend over backwards to deny. But if it's done right, then it's the new gold rush that you can't even see.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#48126 Jun 21, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
For a start, all you see a carbon tax as another tax not what it has been designed to do. But that's just your political filters engaged. If the West were universal in implementing it, starting with the US as it's still the economic engine room for the world. Everyone of the US trading partners would jump on board in a heartbeat. Then Asia would have to comply and if they didn't then you can hit them with a carbon import tax on everything they make where their factories don't comply. In September this year I make a bet with you right now that China will come on board with emissions limits something they didn't want a bar of at Kyoto and they sucked the US in with them, which gave THEM a huge advantage in both labor costs and environmental laws because they ignored all of them to build what they have now.
That was the big mistake made then, the next mistake will be keep doing the same thing. Carbon pricing does two things, it forces emissions down due to costs and provides incentive for new industries to start in renewable energy. It's the carrot of opportunity that you bend over backwards to deny. But if it's done right, then it's the new gold rush that you can't even see.
thanks for your opinions, son! now here is mine....i think you're completely delusional.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RealDave 1,394,975
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Jacques Orleans 216,683
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 50 min PEllen 8,870
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 51 min PEllen 2,688
Word (Dec '08) 52 min PEllen 6,409
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 53 min PEllen 1,665
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 53 min RJS 8,492
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Sublime1 102,460
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages