Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 63845 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

SpaceBlues

United States

#48164 Jun 22, 2014
No Warming wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand, you probably had a gut wrenching experience just saying most Democrats are democratic. Don't let the party catch you spreading that lie.
aka No Understanding

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#48165 Jun 22, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberal: Willing to respect or accept behaviour or opinions different from one’s own; open to new ideas:
Progressive: Moving forward; proceeding onward; advancing; evincing progress; increasing; as, progressive motion or course
Of course you are stilted in the buzz words of the radical RW.
You have to be joking. There is nothing liberals agree with others on unless it's in total agreement with the communist manifesto .
Except

United States

#48166 Jun 22, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
She pointed out that hundreds of thousands of people, mostly African Americans, are having their water ruthlessly turned off.
Families with children, the elderly and the sick, cannot bathe, flush their toilets or cook in their own homes, she added.
“This is the worst violation of the human right to water I have ever seen outside of the worst slums in the poorest countries in failed states of the global South,” said Barlow, a one-time senior advisor on water to a former President of the U.N. General Assembly.
Last March, the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department (DWSD) announced plans to shut off water service for 1,500 to 3,000 customers every week if their water bills were not paid. And on Tuesday, the City Council approved an 8.7-percent water rate increase.
According to a DWSD document, more than 80,000 residential households – in a city of 680,000 people – are in arrears, with thousands of families without water, and thousands more expected to lose access at any moment.
And who has run Detroit for the last 40 years to let it get this bad. And why were people allowed for all those years NOT to pay the utility bills.
SpaceBlues

United States

#48167 Jun 22, 2014
Except wrote:
<quoted text> And who has run Detroit for the last 40 years to let it get this bad. And why were people allowed for all those years NOT to pay the utility bills.
US?

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#48168 Jun 22, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a contradictory statement that is steeped in prejudice and ignorance.
the only way you can prove it is by shutting your accusatory and self righteous mouth. but you can't seem to do it!!!

haa haa haa

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#48169 Jun 22, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
Liberal: Willing to respect or accept behaviour or opinions different from one’s own; open to new ideas...Of course you are stilted in the buzz words of the radical RW.
Then how is it liberal to call skeptics of climate change mitigation, "deniers"? You only WISH you were liberal.
Except

United States

#48170 Jun 22, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>US?
Who is US.
SpaceBlues

United States

#48171 Jun 22, 2014
Except wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is US.
You are included, clueless.
SpaceBlues

United States

#48172 Jun 22, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Then how is it liberal to call skeptics of climate change mitigation, "deniers"? You only WISH you were liberal.
Move to Titan.. asap.

Saturn's largest moon shares much in common with Earth, such as a substantial atmosphere and a seasonal cycle. Wind and rain shape the surface to form river channels, seas, dunes and shorelines.

Titan's mountains and dune fields are made of ice, rather than rock or sand, and liquid hydrocarbons take up many of the roles played by water on Earth.

Indeed, the seas and lakes that pepper the moon's north polar region are filled not with water, but with methane and ethane. These exist in a gaseous state on Earth, but at typical Titan temperatures of -180C, they are liquids.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#48173 Jun 22, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Move to Titan.. asap.
Saturn's largest moon shares much in common with Earth, such as a substantial atmosphere and a seasonal cycle. Wind and rain shape the surface to form river channels, seas, dunes and shorelines.
Titan's mountains and dune fields are made of ice, rather than rock or sand, and liquid hydrocarbons take up many of the roles played by water on Earth.
Indeed, the seas and lakes that pepper the moon's north polar region are filled not with water, but with methane and ethane. These exist in a gaseous state on Earth, but at typical Titan temperatures of -180C, they are liquids.
Have your scientists contrived a theory blaming mankind for it's frigid environment yet?
Except

West Terre Haute, IN

#48174 Jun 22, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You are included, clueless.
Not me I don't live in Detroit. Did not vote in Detroit. And most of all I'm not a liberal Democrat. I would have shut their water off years ago.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#48175 Jun 22, 2014
Except wrote:
<quoted text> Not me I don't live in Detroit. Did not vote in Detroit. And most of all I'm not a liberal Democrat. I would have shut their water off years ago.
but liberals feel entitled to those things!! they even feel tey are entitled to changing climate.....even if man could do such an impossible feat. go figure? oh....the ridiculous hubris!!!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#48176 Jun 22, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
To each his own. What is humorous is a personal thing.
you seem hell bent on denying others of your first sentence. you never laugh at yourself and always take yourself too seriously.....so what would you know about the second statement.

here......little liggy.....here....little liggy.

claim you support your hypocrisy.....or admit you're just full of chyt.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#48177 Jun 22, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Have your scientists contrived a theory blaming mankind for it's frigid environment yet?
Their scientists choose to ignore and omit that part. But.....they say that part is immaterial.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#48178 Jun 22, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
She pointed out that hundreds of thousands of people, mostly African Americans, are having their water ruthlessly turned off.
Families with children, the elderly and the sick, cannot bathe, flush their toilets or cook in their own homes, she added.
“This is the worst violation of the human right to water I have ever seen outside of the worst slums in the poorest countries in failed states of the global South,” said Barlow, a one-time senior advisor on water to a former President of the U.N. General Assembly.
Last March, the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department (DWSD) announced plans to shut off water service for 1,500 to 3,000 customers every week if their water bills were not paid. And on Tuesday, the City Council approved an 8.7-percent water rate increase.
According to a DWSD document, more than 80,000 residential households – in a city of 680,000 people – are in arrears, with thousands of families without water, and thousands more expected to lose access at any moment.
you are such an idiot.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#48179 Jun 22, 2014
When future generations try to understand how the world got carried away around the end of the 20th century by the panic over global warming, few things will amaze them more than the part played in stoking up the scare by the fiddling of official temperature data. There was already much evidence of this seven years ago, when I was writing my history of the scare, The Real Global Warming Disaster. But now another damning example has been uncovered by Steven Goddard’s US blog Real Science, showing how shamelessly manipulated has been one of the world’s most influential climate records, the graph of US surface temperature records published by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

Goddard shows how, in recent years, NOAA’s US Historical Climatology Network (USHCN) has been “adjusting” its record by replacing real temperatures with data “fabricated” by computer models. The effect of this has been to downgrade earlier temperatures and to exaggerate those from recent decades, to give the impression that the Earth has been warming up much more than is justified by the actual data. In several posts headed “Data tampering at USHCN/GISS”, Goddard compares the currently published temperature graphs with those based only on temperatures measured at the time. These show that the US has actually been cooling since the Thirties, the hottest decade on record; whereas the latest graph, nearly half of it based on “fabricated” data, shows it to have been warming at a rate equivalent to more than 3 degrees centigrade per century.

When I first began examining the global-warming scare, I found nothing more puzzling than the way officially approved scientists kept on being shown to have finagled their data, as in that ludicrous “hockey stick” graph, pretending to prove that the world had suddenly become much hotter than at any time in 1,000 years. Any theory needing to rely so consistently on fudging the evidence, I concluded, must be looked on not as science at all, but as simply a rather alarming case study in the aberrations of group psychology.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#48180 Jun 22, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>but liberals feel entitled to those things!! they even feel tey are entitled to changing climate.....even if man could do such an impossible feat. go figure? oh....the ridiculous hubris!!!
History has shown the ignorant that man is capable of destroying his environment no matter how big it is. Man can pollute river systems, strip land bare of all living things, over fish the oceans, bring species to extinction. Yet somehow man is given a free pass on the Air, how do you figure that Einstein ? Just what makes the atmosphere invulnerable to man's presence.
Why are they all wearing breathing masks in some of those cities in China buried in Smog, what if the US ignored science on exhaust emissions on cars. They would be wearing those same masks in LA & NY by now.
That's your big dilemma instead of posting BS day after day. Show us how science got this one so wrong. Besides knowing that you are drowning in facts that you ignore daily.

Jacksonville, FL

#48181 Jun 22, 2014
Vroom
SpaceBlues

Cypress, TX

#48182 Jun 22, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>you are such an idiot.
boring

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#48184 Jun 22, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
When future generations try to understand how the world got carried away around the end of the 20th century by the panic over global warming, few things will amaze them more than the part played in stoking up the scare by the fiddling of official temperature data. There was already much evidence of this seven years ago, when I was writing my history of the scare, The Real Global Warming Disaster. But now another damning example has been uncovered by Steven Goddard’s US blog Real Science, showing how shamelessly manipulated has been one of the world’s most influential climate records, the graph of US surface temperature records published by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
Goddard shows how, in recent years, NOAA’s US Historical Climatology Network (USHCN) has been “adjusting” its record by replacing real temperatures with data “fabricated” by computer models. The effect of this has been to downgrade earlier temperatures and to exaggerate those from recent decades, to give the impression that the Earth has been warming up much more than is justified by the actual data. In several posts headed “Data tampering at USHCN/GISS”, Goddard compares the currently published temperature graphs with those based only on temperatures measured at the time. These show that the US has actually been cooling since the Thirties, the hottest decade on record; whereas the latest graph, nearly half of it based on “fabricated” data, shows it to have been warming at a rate equivalent to more than 3 degrees centigrade per century.
When I first began examining the global-warming scare, I found nothing more puzzling than the way officially approved scientists kept on being shown to have finagled their data, as in that ludicrous “hockey stick” graph, pretending to prove that the world had suddenly become much hotter than at any time in 1,000 years. Any theory needing to rely so consistently on fudging the evidence, I concluded, must be looked on not as science at all, but as simply a rather alarming case study in the aberrations of group psychology.
Cu'n paste spam.

Christopher Booker and Steve Goddard are idiots, high priests of the cult of stupid.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min NotSoDivineMsM 241,557
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Aquarius-WY 1,548,136
Time to Fire Trump and Mulvaney 1 hr UR Right JOEY 4
Dissolving Illinois 1 hr DISSATISFIED Citizen 5
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr SweLL GirL 10,837
Keep on slopping God!!! 2 hr doG mnaDed lyHo i... 1
bring back vocational schools!! 3 hr UR right Joey 52

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages