Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 63620 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

litesong

Everett, WA

#48143 Jun 21, 2014
ratdownthemiddledownwronggully wrote:
poor little warmist lap dog.
Ah.......a lap dog bit "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully", shortening it, so "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" can only satisfy the rats in the down wrong gully now.
Jim

Oak Hill, WV

#48144 Jun 21, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah.......a lap dog bit "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully", shortening it, so "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" can only satisfy the rats in the down wrong gully now.
That is funny, a senseless comment from a wannabe educated poster. Seems his education is lost.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#48146 Jun 22, 2014
Here is a little reading for ditto deniers.
http://simpleclimate.wordpress.com/2014/06/22...

I have yet to see a valid argument from any of you. Your comments are steeped in political and are not rational arguments at all. Mostly all I see is reactionary RW extremist propaganda.

The earth is warming. CO2 is a GHG. Burning fossil fuels increases the CO2 in the atmosphere. No one has found any other reason for the current warming. Many have tried and failed. Man can and has altered the environment. Quit denying and become rational.

Location hidden

#48147 Jun 22, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a chasm of monumental proportions between being liberal and being "a" liberal. Much like the difference between democrat and democracy.
I see, you actually looked it up! Yep I am a liberal person and proud of it.It is the radical RWers who have tried to place a perversion on the word liberal. I am also progressive, another word the radical RWers have perverted. BTW, most Democrats are democratic.
No Warming

Newark, OH

#48148 Jun 22, 2014
Most Democrats are democratic, way too funny ! Someone doesn't realize what they just implied.

Location hidden

#48149 Jun 22, 2014
No Warming wrote:
Most Democrats are democratic, way too funny ! Someone doesn't realize what they just implied.
Explain. Might be interesting.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#48150 Jun 22, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
I see, you actually looked it up! Yep I am a liberal person and proud of it.It is the radical RWers who have tried to place a perversion on the word liberal. I am also progressive, another word the radical RWers have perverted. BTW, most Democrats are democratic.
A liberal person gives of himself, freely. A liberal/progressive gives of everyone else, forcibly. You have corrupted seemingly innocuous terms into oppressive political movements. You're akin to the envoy carrying an olive branch in front of you and a homicide bomb behind.
No Warming

Newark, OH

#48151 Jun 22, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain. Might be interesting.
It was your statement you explain it, I simply got a good laugh from it.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#48152 Jun 22, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure you know what the word liberal means.But I have no problem understanding that you are anti-liberal.
hmmmmmmmm read your platform.
SpaceBlues

United States

#48153 Jun 22, 2014
No Warming wrote:
<quoted text>
aka No Understanding

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#48154 Jun 22, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
another lie from the bird killing wedge.

Location hidden

#48155 Jun 22, 2014
No Warming wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain your humor.

Location hidden

#48156 Jun 22, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
A liberal person gives of himself, freely. A liberal/progressive gives of everyone else, forcibly. You have corrupted seemingly innocuous terms into oppressive political movements. You're akin to the envoy carrying an olive branch in front of you and a homicide bomb behind.
Liberal: Willing to respect or accept behaviour or opinions different from one’s own; open to new ideas:

Progressive: Moving forward; proceeding onward; advancing; evincing progress; increasing; as, progressive motion or course

Of course you are stilted in the buzz words of the radical RW.
No Warming

Newark, OH

#48157 Jun 22, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain your humor.
Geez, I don't know Dilbert. I just thought your claim that " most " Democrats are democratic was funny. Figured maybe you'd give some insight as to what the others in the program are about.
SpaceBlues

United States

#48158 Jun 22, 2014
She pointed out that hundreds of thousands of people, mostly African Americans, are having their water ruthlessly turned off.

Families with children, the elderly and the sick, cannot bathe, flush their toilets or cook in their own homes, she added.

“This is the worst violation of the human right to water I have ever seen outside of the worst slums in the poorest countries in failed states of the global South,” said Barlow, a one-time senior advisor on water to a former President of the U.N. General Assembly.

Last March, the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department (DWSD) announced plans to shut off water service for 1,500 to 3,000 customers every week if their water bills were not paid. And on Tuesday, the City Council approved an 8.7-percent water rate increase.

According to a DWSD document, more than 80,000 residential households – in a city of 680,000 people – are in arrears, with thousands of families without water, and thousands more expected to lose access at any moment.
No Warming

Newark, OH

#48159 Jun 22, 2014
Space monkey take your toilet problems to the social services office. This is a global warming page.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#48160 Jun 22, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberal: Willing to respect or accept behaviour or opinions different from one’s own; open to new ideas:
Progressive: Moving forward; proceeding onward; advancing; evincing progress; increasing; as, progressive motion or course
Of course you are stilted in the buzz words of the radical RW.
yet almost to a man.....liberals contradict their own definition of being liberal.

what a bunch of hypocrites.

Location hidden

#48161 Jun 22, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>yet almost to a man.....liberals contradict their own definition of being liberal.
what a bunch of hypocrites.
That is a contradictory statement that is steeped in prejudice and ignorance.

Location hidden

#48162 Jun 22, 2014
No Warming wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez, I don't know Dilbert. I just thought your claim that " most " Democrats are democratic was funny. Figured maybe you'd give some insight as to what the others in the program are about.
To each his own. What is humorous is a personal thing.
No Warming

Newark, OH

#48163 Jun 22, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
To each his own. What is humorous is a personal thing.
I understand, you probably had a gut wrenching experience just saying most Democrats are democratic. Don't let the party catch you spreading that lie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min NotSoDivineMsM 1,523,717
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Go Trump 240,429
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Resistance Works 105,140
A Little Ditty 4 hr Longfellow 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr TRD 71,285
A few ITEMS of interest. 7 hr Jocularity is Best 2
Look at Minn. Maine & Michigan. 7 hr EAT PORK 18

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages