Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 63930 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#47812 Jun 14, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, deniers never look in the mirror for failure when it is staring them right in the face.
When warmists look in the mirror they refuse to see the hypocrite looking back at them.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#47813 Jun 14, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
You trolls love a little circle jerk, don't you?
That's a complex question but when you break it down, all ad hominem irrationality. Warmists despise reason and science, that's why they use name calling instead of logic. Note the vulgarity? You can learn almost too much about a person from what they write.

Back to the point, what's the most compelling experiment you've seen for climate change mitigation?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#47814 Jun 14, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
When warmists look in the mirror they refuse to see the hypocrite looking back at them.
There you go, fluttering around the bright lights again.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#47815 Jun 14, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
Exactly, deniers never look in the mirror for failure when it is staring them right in the face.
This is true of holocaust deniers but they are being rescued by OzRitz and the warmists who misuse the word to obfuscate the genocide of six million Jews.

Warmists are the same people who deny Israel the right to exist as a Jewish state; antisemitism has many faces. Warmists aren't as bad, disguising history by conflating deniers with people skeptical of climate change mitigation schemes, as those who advocate violence against Jews, but they are on the same track.

You can't determine man made catastrophic climate disruption is pseudoscience and climate change mitigation is a hoax based on the warmists' own words but you should take note.
Sven

Finland

#47816 Jun 14, 2014
Yes mdbuilder, there is no proof of any kind what so ever!
Some experts say yes, some say no........?!
So, I guess some are correct but we'll never find out who?
Little bit like the stock market, someone's always right what stocks to buy,
but only after the fact!
Some always know witch team wins the Super Bowl too,
after the game's played, easy to say then I told you so!
But Global Warming, forget about it, we'll never know!
SpaceBlues

Hockley, TX

#47817 Jun 14, 2014
Sven wrote:
I'm not actually denying GW, I'm only saying how it really is,
that no one really knows, not me not you, no one!
And maybe the old mechanic was milking you out of dough,
kind of like some are milking us all for GW?!
Do you really live in Finland?

If you do, you are a dishonest and ignorant poster. You also assume wrongly that AGW would help you in the future.
SpaceBlues

Hockley, TX

#47818 Jun 14, 2014
Sven wrote:
Yes mdbuilder, there is no proof of any kind what so ever!
Some experts say yes, some say no........?!
So, I guess some are correct but we'll never find out who?
Little bit like the stock market, someone's always right what stocks to buy,
but only after the fact!
Some always know witch team wins the Super Bowl too,
after the game's played, easy to say then I told you so!
But Global Warming, forget about it, we'll never know!
Like I said before, you are dishonest and ignorant.

You are not as persuasive as the climate science, LOL.

climate.gov

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#47819 Jun 14, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Do you really live in Finland? If you do, you are a dishonest and ignorant poster. You also assume wrongly that AGW would help you in the future.
If you live in a cold and dry climate, AGW promises warm weather and more precipitation so long as you continue to emit carbon dioxide. If you live inland, AGW brings you rising sea levels and beachfront property if only you reject climate taxes, emission restrictions and do nothing but live your life in peace, freedom and prosperity. AGW means more extreme weather of all kinds, including more extremely beautiful weather, more beautiful than any weather seen on Earth before man started burning fossil fuel.

What's not to love about global warming?

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#47820 Jun 14, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Like I said before, you are dishonest and ignorant.
You are not as persuasive as the climate science, LOL. climate.gov
^^^Check the post above, S.B. doesn't know the difference between an American government website and science. These are the people who trust politicians to protect them from catastrophic climate change, poor sods.
SpaceBlues

Hockley, TX

#47821 Jun 14, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>If you live in a cold and dry climate, AGW promises warm weather and more precipitation so long as you continue to emit carbon dioxide. If you live inland, AGW brings you rising sea levels and beachfront property if only you reject climate taxes, emission restrictions and do nothing but live your life in peace, freedom and prosperity. AGW means more extreme weather of all kinds, including more extremely beautiful weather, more beautiful than any weather seen on Earth before man started burning fossil fuel.
What's not to love about global warming?
Nonsense. You would not comprehend this:

Terrestrial carbon cycle affected by non-uniform climate warming

Feedbacks between the terrestrial carbon cycle and climate change could affect many ecosystem functions and services, such as food production, carbon sequestration and climate regulation. The rate of climate warming varies on diurnal and seasonal timescales. A synthesis of global air temperature data reveals a greater rate of warming in winter than in summer in northern mid and high latitudes, and the inverse pattern in some tropical regions. The data also reveal a decline in the diurnal temperature range over 51% of the global land area and an increase over only 13%, because night-time temperatures in most locations have risen faster than daytime temperatures. Analyses of satellite data, model simulations and in situ observations suggest that the impact of seasonal warming varies between regions. For example, spring warming has largely stimulated ecosystem productivity at latitudes between 30 and 90 N, but suppressed productivity in other regions. Contrasting impacts of day- and night-time warming on plant carbon gain and loss are apparent in many regions. We argue that ascertaining the effects of non-uniform climate warming on terrestrial ecosystems is a key challenge in carbon cycle research.

http://www.nature.com/ngeo/journal/v7/n3/full...
SpaceBlues

Hockley, TX

#47822 Jun 14, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^Check the post above, S.B. doesn't know the difference between an American government website and science. These are the people who trust politicians to protect them from catastrophic climate change, poor sods.
You speculate 24/7.

Read my previous post. Science escapes you!
SpaceBlues

Hockley, TX

#47823 Jun 14, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Good one Sven. I like your reasoning. This entire debate is ideological. Not scientific.
What do you know of reasoning? Politics and ideology, only.

You are certainly unscientific like your denier buddy.
SpaceBlues

Hockley, TX

#47824 Jun 14, 2014
Increased frequency of extreme Indian Ocean Dipole events due to greenhouse warming

Countries in the southern tropical Indian Ocean region are prone to extensive flooding and droughts in years when the Indian Ocean dipole (IOD) climate cycle is in an extreme positive phase. In these bad years, such as 1961, 1994 and 1997, warm waters appear in the western part of the basin and precipitation increases, whereas in the east cooler waters predominate and precipitation decreases. Here Wenju Cai et al. assess climate model projections in a scenario of high greenhouse gas emissions and find that the frequency of extreme positive IODs is likely to increase from one event approximately every 17.3 years through the twentieth century to one event every 6.3 years during the twenty-first century.[nature.com]
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#47825 Jun 14, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go, fluttering around the bright lights again.
No mirrors in your house?

Hypocrite.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#47826 Jun 14, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>... you are a dishonest and ignorant poster.
That would be you.

Hypocrite.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#47827 Jun 14, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
No mirrors in your house?
Hypocrite.
Still on with this hypocrite crap, apparently it is true moths do fly around in circles.
If we have cut our carbon footprint by 30% Obama's goal, how much have you cut yours.
It only takes a few solar panels & a smaller car.
SpaceBlues

Tomball, TX

#47828 Jun 14, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be you.
Hypocrite.
Seek medical help.
Rebecca

Chatsworth, CA

#47829 Jun 14, 2014
Sorry I'm late. Is this the forum where the same 14 people (not even 1 for every 2 states) post over and over thinking they are somehow making a difference?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#47830 Jun 14, 2014
Rebecca wrote:
Sorry I'm late. Is this the forum where the same 14 people (not even 1 for every 2 states) post over and over thinking they are somehow making a difference?
Yes that be the one, and you will be one of the 14 using a different alias to try and appear objective.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#47831 Jun 14, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Still on with this hypocrite crap,.
Crap?

Warmists who preach the global warming mantra, but don't act like it's the "crisis" as they say is the definition of hypocrite.

You think you're not?

Prove it... shut up -- that way you won't be adding more of the evil CO2 into the atmosphere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min bob53 1,566,347
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 min SweLL GirL 11,028
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Dr Guru 242,295
Trump Just Sux 7 hr They cannot kill ... 95
Trump Twilight Zone 10 hr Slog 1
OVERALL CDST of electric autos. 11 hr PRECC 3
That's all your good for God!!! 12 hr doG mnaDde lHyo i... 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages