Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 54341 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#47665 Jun 10, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, you are once again unable to support your rants. Nothing here but more trollishness.
no rants, son, just stating the obvious. climate has always changed and always will. your crowd claims that man made co2 emissions are creating heat. i say what about the natural emissions....what about the other drivers....
your crowd goes into a hissy fit soon after.
that's why i know you promote a hoax.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#47666 Jun 10, 2014
truth-facts wrote:
<quoted text>I got mine in and climate change must have been on vacation as well. It was beautiful.
Glad you had a great vacation!!!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#47667 Jun 10, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you can equate causes of the climate change of 4000 years ago with what is happening today, your argument is without merit. But of course you have never understood science and logic.
it happened before and it will happen again. my escalade is guilty of neither.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#47669 Jun 10, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Your castle of lies is made of mud, LOL.
Oh look what swept away your delusional state.
Is this an anagram or are you dyslexic?
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#47670 Jun 10, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is working with an economy that was a hospital pass from Bush. Anything he wants to change about that economy your side WILL NOT let him. So he is stuck with the status quo, a government run by powerful lobby groups and big business interests. So all the tweaking to the economy has to be done with the same rusty ole toolbox that was left to him. He needs a new tool box, the only way that will happen is a congress that is more innovative & progressive thinking. Not likely to happen from the GOP so expect more of the same and the divide will become even greater. Trickle down is a myth!
As noted above:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
But you think i have a distorted view of the world.

Yup... of the world, of history and especially "settled" science.

And proven again... by you!

LOL
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#47671 Jun 10, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously not wattsupwiththat.
Ahh... once again warminsts change the rules.

Do run along.... your hypocrisy is showing.

LOL
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#47672 Jun 10, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
This is not a critique/analysis of "research".
It's pointing out an error in a blog.
A blog which misrepresents climate research.
Do you have anything to say regarding Roy Spencer's choice of period and start and end dates for the baseline of his analysis yet?
Once again little troll, you're dodging.

Blog posts are OK or not?
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#47673 Jun 10, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Have you noticed drop in daily Topix comments since the menacing ads/vids started?
Then the links break when posted, annoyingly sometimes.
Nope... but I've noticed your continued hypocrisy in continually posting to Topix adding more and more CO2 to the atmosphere that is already at CRISIS levels.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#47674 Jun 10, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>no rants, son, just stating the obvious. climate has always changed and always will. your crowd claims that man made co2 emissions are creating heat. i say what about the natural emissions....what about the other drivers....
your crowd goes into a hissy fit soon after.
that's why i know you promote a hoax.
No you are making this statement because it's what you want to believe. Science has shown that man is accelerating this heat way beyond the normal natural cycles and as a consequence of that we can expect extreme weather on far more frequent basis than any time in man's history.

Now this is what you refuse to believe or accept no matter how many people are saying it.

“True Gun Control”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#47675 Jun 10, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
I see, so MY money earn't after the country provides roads & infrastructure plus some of the best education facilities in the world that provides employees for MY company all belongs to ME! This is how you tea baggers think, it is beyond greed, it's ideology gone haywire.
For every dollar you empower the bottom end of the food chain it goes straight back into the economy, that's what creates jobs not million dollar exec's salaries.
In most countries 25 to 35% is the average tax rate and 40%+ for high income earners over a certain bracket. But the point is, research scientists get paid peanuts compared to a wall st jockey and in the end who is the most valuable to the country. Someone who comes up with a cure for cancer or the guy who works out an algorithm for derivative products.
Yes, that's why they are bankrupt and running across our borders.........get your GED.
litesong

Everett, WA

#47676 Jun 10, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Your castle of lies is made of mud, LOL.
//////////
mudbuilder banged out:
Is this an anagram or are you dyslexic?
//////////
litesong wrote:
"mudbuilder" sees the truth that it is a mudbuilder, as a disorder.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#47677 Jun 10, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
No you are making this statement because it's what you want to believe. Science has shown that man is accelerating this heat way beyond the normal natural cycles and as a consequence of that we can expect extreme weather on far more frequent basis than any time in man's history.
Now this is what you refuse to believe or accept no matter how many people are saying it.
science isn't based on consensus, so it doesn't matter how many people are promoting an untested hoax.
litesong

Everett, WA

#47678 Jun 10, 2014
ratdownthemiddledownwronggully wrote:
science isn't.....
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" has no science or mathematics degrees(altho IT SAYS IT has science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in some form of a hi skule DEE-plooomaa), but it states that 10,000 to 20,000 science papers supporting AGW that are published in Science Journals, don't mean nuthin'.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#47679 Jun 10, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>science isn't based on consensus, so it doesn't matter how many people are promoting an untested hoax.
OK, then perhaps you could explain to us in a simple way exactly how they could test it other than a mathematical model ? I mean a lab test proves that CO2 is a green house gas, so we already know that. But what possible way could it be tested on a whole planet, send a few nuke missiles to a nearby earth like planet and record the effects. Just what would you recommend that would satisfy your scientific doubts ?

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#47680 Jun 10, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Blog posts are OK or not?
Depends whether they accurately report the peer reviewed science or misrepresent it.

Mine accurately report it, yours misrepresent it.

Depends whether you can defend the arguments made in the blog.

I can, you can't.
Fred

Oakley, KS

#47681 Jun 10, 2014
it's all the hot air coming from the dems in D C.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#47682 Jun 11, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends whether they accurately report the peer reviewed science or misrepresent it.
Mine accurately report it, yours misrepresent it.
Depends whether you can defend the arguments made in the blog.
I can, you can't.
Your post #c47628 is a good example.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...

It's such an obvious misrepresentation of peer reviewed science that even Fox News doesn't make the same mistake.

Are you willing to defend it?

No.

Are you able to defend it?

No.

Do you have the honesty to admit it was wrong?

No.

For somebody who goes on about hypocrisy, you have an ironic lack of moral integrity.

But you're just here to throw shit.

Not really surprising you don't want to smell it afterwards.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#47683 Jun 11, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>it happened before and it will happen again. my escalade is guilty of neither.
I see, it happened before and and it will happen again but nothing is causing it to change. Cool.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#47685 Jun 11, 2014
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
The Sky Is Falling And Other Great Moments In Climate Forecasting
http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2014/06/09...
Did it occur to you that sincere experts are expressing their concerns based on their knowledge to the public?

Did it occur to you that they are being listened to with gratitude and actions are taken in response so that "the sky won't fall?"

Did it occur to you that some countries like Italy expect their scientists to warn them of even natural disasters? Come on, this is a man-made disaster in progress!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#47686 Jun 11, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" has no science or mathematics degrees(altho IT SAYS IT has science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in some form of a hi skule DEE-plooomaa), but it states that 10,000 to 20,000 science papers supporting AGW that are published in Science Journals, don't mean nuthin'.
they men something.....just not what your crowd claims they prove.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Old Crazy Goober 1,264,749
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Rogue Scholar 05 194,771
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 min CrunchyBacon 100,314
abby8-4-15 11 min blunt advice 6
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 40 min Adolph Dawetter 52,073
amy 8-4 45 min RACE 2
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr RACE 5,384
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages