Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 63582 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#47790 Jun 14, 2014
Brian_G: Viaducts are well tested climate adaptation technology.
Fair Game: Why a duck?

It was a statement, not a question: ""Adapting" is not "doing sonething[sic] about it". It's also false, adaptation is the way mankind has ALWAYS dealt with climate change. Nobody has ever demonstrated any strategy other than adaptation for dealing with climate change. We have many thousands of years learning how to adapt to every climate on Earth but nobody has EVER successfully mitigated climate change.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#47791 Jun 14, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Are you posting the salary of Jenna Bush?
What's Barbara Bush, her sister up to these days?
Let's hear for all the rest of the kids...
What's that? Bytching about 'partial' news?

What say you take on your own hypocrisy.

**poof**

All that CO2 puffed into the atmoshpere via YOU... a warmist whining about CO2 already about "crisis" levels.

How can you live with yourself?

Hypocrite. Phony, Charlatan. Liar.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#47792 Jun 14, 2014
Texas wrote:
And how will the President address the greatest environmental disaster affecting our planet long term today?
==========
10:00 AM
The President receives the Presidential Daily Briefing
Oval Office
Closed Press
11:55 AM
The President and First Lady depart the White House en route Joint Base Andrews
South Lawn
Open Press
12:10 PM
The President and First Lady depart Joint Base Andrews
Joint Base Andrews
Travel Pool Coverage
2:45 PM
The President and First Lady arrive Bismarck, North Dakota
Local Event Time: 1:45 PM
Bismarck Municipal Airport
Open Press
3:40 PM
The President and First Lady participate in a roundtable discussion with Native American Youth
Local Event Time: 2:40 PM
Cannon Ball Elementary School
Closed Press
4:45 PM
The President and First Lady attend the Cannon Ball Flag Day Celebration; the President delivers remarks
Local Event Time: 3:45 PM
Cannon Ball Powwow Grounds
Travel Pool Coverage
6:20 PM
The President and First Lady depart Bismarck, North Dakota en route Palm Springs, California
Local Event Time: 5:20 PM
Bismarck Municipal Airport
Open Press
9:20 PM
The President and First Lady arrive Palm Springs, California
Local Event Time: 6:20 PM
Palm Springs International Airport
Open Press
Warmists hate being called out for their own hypocrisy.,, and likewise for the scientists, politicians, spokesmen and celebrities that all claim to believe in the "consensus" "settled" science, but don't act as if the "crisis" is actually anything they have do do about it. Just preach some government rules and continue on with their lives as if they've solved the problem.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#47793 Jun 14, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Brian_G: Viaducts are well tested climate adaptation technology.
Fair Game: Why a duck?
It was a statement, not a question: ""Adapting" is not "doing sonething[sic] about it". It's also false, adaptation is the way mankind has ALWAYS dealt with climate change. Nobody has ever demonstrated any strategy other than adaptation for dealing with climate change. We have many thousands of years learning how to adapt to every climate on Earth but nobody has EVER successfully mitigated climate change.
Agreed.

The green troll loves to play little snipe-fest word games to argue minutiae -- then when adults tire of his antics, claim they're running from the question.

Whatever....

And yet he's posting and posting his "science" arguments -- puffing out more and more CO2 that's already at "crisis" levels.

And his farts don't stink either.... just ask him.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#47794 Jun 14, 2014
Los Angeles wrote:
<quoted text>
One who is not dirt poor:
Chelsea Clinton earned an annual salary of $600,000 at NBC News before switching to a month-to-month contract earlier this year, sources with knowledge of the agreement told POLITICO.
Yes, over a half a million for a job she had no experience for, nor did her degree major in journalism. Nice first job.........paybacks to the Clintons are hell.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#47795 Jun 14, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
The green troll loves to play little snipe-fest word games to argue minutiae -- then when adults tire of his antics, claim they're running from the question.
Whatever....
And yet he's posting and posting his "science" arguments -- puffing out more and more CO2 that's already at "crisis" levels.
And his farts don't stink either.... just ask him.
You trolls love a little circle jerk, don't you?
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#47796 Jun 14, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>[asinine insults omitted]
Still puffing out that CO2 I see.... some "crisis".

Run along... hypocrite.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#47798 Jun 14, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
You pivot better than Obama.
Obama

Chatsworth, CA

#47799 Jun 14, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm asking my followers to be more civil in their discourse.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#47800 Jun 14, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, over a half a million for a job she had no experience for, nor did her degree major in journalism. Nice first job.........paybacks to the Clintons are hell.
That is how capitalism works. The haves take care of their own and sucker the rest of us.
litesong

Everett, WA

#47801 Jun 14, 2014
lie about obama wrote:
I'm asking my followers to be more civil in their discourse.
I am dedicated to accurately describing sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW deniar liars & sleazy slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs AND alleged & proud threateners. Civil descriptions, at the expense of accuracy, is what sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW deniar liars & sleazy slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs AND alleged & proud threateners, want.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#47802 Jun 14, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
I am dedicated to accurately describing sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW deniar liars & sleazy slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs AND alleged & proud threateners. Civil descriptions, at the expense of accuracy, is what sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW deniar liars & sleazy slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs AND alleged & proud threateners, want.
TRANSLATION: litethong is dedicated to being a co2 wasting and repetitive moron.

another day......same old boring shyt from the eco-nazi bird killer.
litesong

Everett, WA

#47803 Jun 14, 2014
ratdownthemiddledownwronggully wrote:
TRANSLATION
The only way "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" can translate itself properly, is out of science & mathematics classes.
litesong

Everett, WA

#47804 Jun 14, 2014
caved-in object wrote:
So what caused the last ice age to end. What caused all that ice to melt. What caused the mini ice age what caused that to end
Another sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liar with questions that don't mean anything & no answers based on science & mathematics.
Sven

Finland

#47805 Jun 14, 2014
Many experts who've studied this Global Warming
disagree with each other,
completly disagreeing!
If your car has a broken transmission no mechanic
will disagree with another mechanic that the problem
are the brakes or the engine!
If you suffer from a toothache, no dentist disagrees
with another one that the problem is your big toe!

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#47806 Jun 14, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" can translate itself properly, is out of science & mathematics classes.
yeah....whatever.....just remember you'll always be below me intellectually. facts are difficult for your crowd....but there you have it, son.
Sven

Finland

#47807 Jun 14, 2014
Listen ya all, no one knows anything about the reasons behind
The Global Warming!
No one knows how many Stars (Suns) or
Planets.....or.....Galaxies are out there in distant Space,
you simply can't see that far in Space,
and you can not see back in time either,
and even if you did, you wouldn't know the reasons behind it!
litesong

Everett, WA

#47808 Jun 14, 2014
Sven wrote:
I had a mechanic for years, who worked on my car. Once, he worked on the engine & carburetor, to get my car's power & mpg good again. He never could. I found another mechanic, who discovered that my brakes were slightly on. Changed the brakes & my car was fine, again.

All sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars have no science or mathematics to do any peer reviewed science or figure out most science & mathematical problems.
Sven

Finland

#47809 Jun 14, 2014
I'm not actually denying GW, I'm only saying how it really is,
that no one really knows, not me not you, no one!
And maybe the old mechanic was milking you out of dough,
kind of like some are milking us all for GW?!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#47810 Jun 14, 2014
Sven wrote:
Many experts who've studied this Global Warming
disagree with each other,
completly disagreeing!
If you suffer from a toothache, no dentist disagrees
with another one that the problem is your big toe!
Good one Sven. I like your reasoning. This entire debate is ideological. Not scientific.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Injudgement 1,509,859
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Orange County Coast 239,608
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr SweLL GirL 10,504
Obama has LEAK under sink. 8 hr Troy the true Plu... 41
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 9 hr Dudley 8,077
White country boys know how to shoot! 10 hr Ashole Bahboon 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 hr CrunchyBacon 105,065

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages