Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 53526 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#47245 May 28, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
TROLL!
GOREBOT!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#47246 May 28, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
weather events will always occur.
climate will always change.
mans emissions are a part of natural emissions.
shyt will always hit the fan....and there is no tax in the solar system that will keep the excrement off your walls.
Read ipcc.ch

then remember climate is a distribution of weather events, and

also remember 400,000 hiroshimas daily constitute the present energy input of the man-made ghg's

QED, you FAIL miserably.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#47247 May 28, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
"...'let' global warming..."? As if it's subject to your machinations. The only way to mitigate global climatic variation, is to exclude yourself from its influence.
.. by living in a cave, huh?

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#47248 May 28, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>.. by living in a cave, huh?
I'm afraid that won't do it. More drastic and permanent measures are required.

“I Feel”

Since: Feb 09

Blest4it!

#47249 May 28, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Read ipcc.ch
then remember climate is a distribution of weather events, and
also remember 400,000 hiroshimas daily constitute the present energy input of the man-made ghg's
QED, you FAIL miserably.
as compared to solar energy in the amount of 3,888,000 hiroshimas daily!
hyperbole is for the uninformed. ergo....your 400k doesn't get much traction here, boy.
wipe your chin.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#47250 May 28, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>as compared to solar energy in the amount of 3,888,000 hiroshimas daily!
hyperbole is for the uninformed. ergo....your 400k doesn't get much traction here, boy.
wipe your chin.
How dumb can you be?
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#47251 May 28, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
TROLL!
Aww gee... another warmist in a snit.

What say you man up to all the hypocrisy in the 'global warming' movement.

**poof**

LOL

“I Feel”

Blest4it!

#47252 May 28, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
How dumb can you be?
a lot less than you, son.
Obama

Chatsworth, CA

#47254 May 29, 2014
Bump. Blah, blah, blah.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#47255 May 29, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>i'm sorry!!!
but when i see YOU call someone else THAT.
i just laugh my ass off!!!!
bwaaahhahahhahhahahahahahhhaaa
has anyone ever called you a vagina, btw???
Notice none of the warmists ever address the credibility problems of their "settled science"?

They know themselves that they will be ostracized by their own.
Lee

United States

#47256 May 29, 2014
That doesn't make any sense.

Wichita, KS

#47257 May 29, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>i'm sorry!!!
but when i see YOU call someone else THAT.
i just laugh my ass off!!!!
bwaaahhahahhahhahahahahahhhaaa
has anyone ever called you a vagina, btw???
Wow, your intelligence is showing!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#47258 May 29, 2014
Deniers assume that everyone is like them...lie, cheat, steal, kill, to get what you want and advance your side's troops.

These people, who often claim to have so much love and respect for the military, then turn around and accuse them of being common thugs. No, some people have morals.

When it comes to deniers, logic does not apply.

“I Feel”

Blest4it!

#47259 May 29, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, your intelligence is showing!
maybe some day you will show a little, too!
keep your fingers crossed!!

“I Feel”

Blest4it!

#47260 May 29, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
Deniers assume that everyone is like them...lie, cheat, steal, kill, to get what you want and advance your side's troops.
These people, who often claim to have so much love and respect for the military, then turn around and accuse them of being common thugs. No, some people have morals.
When it comes to deniers, logic does not apply.
haa haa haa
and the mississippi mullet posts this shyt within a week of the liberal born and raised eliot rodger going on a killing spree.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#47261 May 29, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice none of the warmists ever address the credibility problems of their "settled science"?
They know themselves that they will be ostracized by their own.
Why should anyone address something that is your delusional thinking alone? The scientific establishment (academies) don't know what you are talking about and THEY have all the credibility. YOU have none.

Wichita, KS

#47262 May 29, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>maybe some day you will show a little, too!
keep your fingers crossed!!
How old are you? Twelve? If you are that young. I apologize.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#47263 May 29, 2014
An interesting article from Australia in regards to it's new tea bagging PM who is trying to drop the carbon tax and the Australian public don't want him to. He has even done moronic crap like cut the funding from Australia's leading science research center because they push the message on climate change. You flat earther's might take note.

"Whatís the difference between a politician and a scientist? Well, in Australia at least, the public thinks scientists are way more trustworthy than their elected representatives. At least five times more trustworthy. Itís not a trick question. Itís actually one finding in a sober piece of research carried out by the Australian National Universityís Centre for the Public Awareness of Science, in an effort to understand how this country engages with science and whether it listens to scientific advice or not. "

"The survey, which had a sample size and balance similar to most national opinion polls, also found that CSIRO scientists (78 per cent) and Nobel laureates or scientific Australians of the Year (82 per cent) rated higher still, among our most trusted figures. Itís the kind of result the average pollie would die Ė or maybe kill Ė for.

To elaborate, 15 per cent of respondents said they trusted the politicians, 41 per cent were not sure, and 42 per cent said they didnít trust them.(Shock jocksí health warning: you may experience apoplectic seizure on learning that the general public considers environmental spokespeople about twice as trustworthy as you.)"

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/comment/heres...

“I Feel”

Blest4it!

#47264 May 29, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
How old are you? Twelve? If you are that young. I apologize.
haa haa haa

getting slapped around by a preteen has to hurt your ego, huh, son?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#47265 May 29, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
An interesting article from Australia in regards to it's new tea bagging PM who is trying to drop the carbon tax and the Australian public don't want him to. He has even done moronic crap like cut the funding from Australia's leading science research center because they push the message on climate change. You flat earther's might take note.
"Whatís the difference between a politician and a scientist? Well, in Australia at least, the public thinks scientists are way more trustworthy than their elected representatives. At least five times more trustworthy. Itís not a trick question. Itís actually one finding in a sober piece of research carried out by the Australian National Universityís Centre for the Public Awareness of Science, in an effort to understand how this country engages with science and whether it listens to scientific advice or not. "
"The survey, which had a sample size and balance similar to most national opinion polls, also found that CSIRO scientists (78 per cent) and Nobel laureates or scientific Australians of the Year (82 per cent) rated higher still, among our most trusted figures. Itís the kind of result the average pollie would die Ė or maybe kill Ė for.
To elaborate, 15 per cent of respondents said they trusted the politicians, 41 per cent were not sure, and 42 per cent said they didnít trust them.(Shock jocksí health warning: you may experience apoplectic seizure on learning that the general public considers environmental spokespeople about twice as trustworthy as you.)"
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/comment/heres...
Science isn't a popularity contest; science is decided by experimental test. There has never been a published review of a climate change mitigation experiment or any real world test of AGW theory.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Sadbuttrue 1,232,964
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 15 min Go Blue Forever 99,544
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr 2 Watt Light bulb 189,893
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 9 hr Lexus1985 425
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 10 hr Lexus1985 407
News 1 dead, 4 wounded in Chicago shootings 13 hr reality is a crutch 1
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 15 hr James 51,766
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]