Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 64121 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#47189 May 25, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing your write is worth reading.

Nothing. Not one bit.

But keep posting. Each one demonstrates your hypocrisy as you puff out more and more of that dreadful, evil CO2 into the atmosphere.

"Crisis", anyone?

LOL

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#47190 May 25, 2014
You can rest easy Mothballs, they blame the Bosnia floods on the drag queen who won the Eurovision song contest, it was God's revenge. Not a once in a 100 yr flood but water not seen this high for a 1000 years. maybe someone should be building an ark.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/eur...

He/she is probably also responsible for Australia coming into winter and in Sydney they are still going to the beach. All temps exceeded for this time of year for the last 100 yrs or more.

Wonder how the US will fare this summer. No there is no crisis, keep repeating it enough you may well believe it.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-26378...
go away mthra

Menomonee Falls, WI

#47191 May 26, 2014
Yes, mthra is bloody annoying.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#47192 May 26, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
You can rest easy Mothballs, they blame the Bosnia floods on the drag queen who won the Eurovision song contest, it was God's revenge. Not a once in a 100 yr flood but water not seen this high for a 1000 years. maybe someone should be building an ark.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/eur...
He/she is probably also responsible for Australia coming into winter and in Sydney they are still going to the beach. All temps exceeded for this time of year for the last 100 yrs or more.
Wonder how the US will fare this summer. No there is no crisis, keep repeating it enough you may well believe it.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-26378...
<sigh>

More inanities. Who does your thinking for you? Spongebob?

Quit wasting bandwidth.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#47193 May 26, 2014
go away mthra wrote:
Yes, mthra is bloody annoying.
Oooo... another internet warrior!

Gee... I'm a quakin' in my boots.

Those darn pesky facts about all the global warming hypocrites bothering you?

Take it up with them, dupe.
litesong

Everett, WA

#47194 May 26, 2014
motheaten wrote:
...... hold accountable the scientists...... that talk the global warming.....Nerds. Yup... they're nerds.
"motheaten", without science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in a poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa, can't hold scientists accountable, because "motheaten" can't count, scientifically or mathematically.

As always, the ones who can't, call the ones who can, "nerds".
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#47195 May 26, 2014
litesong wrote:
Still puffing out that CO2 with your stupid posts?

Hypocrite.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#47196 May 26, 2014
mememine69 wrote:
Remaining “believers” and former believers differ only in agreeing if science’s 32 years of being “95%” certain is actual certainty even though the IPCC has never said; “proven” or “will be” a crisis or anything beyond; “could be”. Only science can have certainty, not a mob of you determined “believers”.
You crack me up with your "remaining believers" line. It's such a blatant lie and, unless you live under a rock, you know damn well it's a lie.

Here's something for you to chew on. Look for a whole lot of backpeddling and crawfishin' from your Republican representatives in the very near future.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/magazine/the-c...
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#47197 May 26, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You crack me up with your "remaining believers" line....
Well perhaps you Mr. Know-It-All will come down from your ivory tower and address the huge credibility problem of your "settled" science.

Where are the warmists calling out the global warming hypocrites?

You know... the politicians, the scientists, the spokesmen, and the celebrities that, like you, say they have reasoned the science has indeed been "settled", give speeches, and make demands on what folks can do about said crisis, but continue on with their lives with no regard to that same "science" that (like you) claim is destroying the planet.

C'mon... step up. None of your warmist buddies here on Topix have even attempted to answer that question. Some have tried with diversions, obfuscations and loads of puerile name calling, but none have dared address the obvious hypocrisy.

They just ignore this obvious inconvenient truth, and post another "study" as if more "crisis science" addresses hypocrisy.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#47198 May 26, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you actually have a point to make about emission scenarios?
they're very minor in the big scheme. you miss the forest for a tree.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#47199 May 26, 2014
litesong wrote:
Fair Game wrote:
Lots.
//////////
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" gushed:
very scientific response by the way!!
//////////
litesong wrote:
The only level of science that "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" understands.
thanks for your '2 cents', bird killer.
what do you understand about science........besides your meth making skills?
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#47200 May 26, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Well perhaps you Mr. Know-It-All will come down from your ivory tower and address the huge credibility problem of your "settled" science.
You know... the politicians, the scientists, the spokesmen, and the celebrities that, like you, say they have reasoned the science has indeed been "settled", give speeches, and make demands on what folks can do about said crisis, but continue on with their lives with no regard to that same "science" that (like you) claim is destroying the planet.
C'mon... step up. None of your warmist buddies here on Topix have even attempted to answer that question. Some have tried with diversions, obfuscations and loads of puerile name calling, but none have dared address the obvious hypocrisy.
They just ignore this obvious inconvenient truth, and post another "study" as if more "crisis science" addresses hypocrisy.
Thanks for the 2nd-grader reply.

"They aren't doing it, so I'm not gonna do it! WAAAH!"

You, with your access to all the conservative and teeteeparty websites, think that climate change acceptors aren't doing anything but talking. And based on those lies, you figure you get a pass and don't have to do anything. You don't think it's a problem because you feed on all those lies.

And because you never go outside your comfort zone, you don't know what they are doing to lessen their carbon footprints.

Now you'll demand that I prove that, and you won't believe any evidence that I bring because it would violate your already cemented beliefs. And I don't have to prove it. You've never proven your argument that there isn't a problem with the climate.

I only drop in occasionally now, to see what stupidity you guys are offering and sometimes to make a comment on that stupidity. There's certainly no use in arguing with you. That's something one can get bogged down in, the minutia and distractions that yall offer against the solid and indisputable scientific facts.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#47201 May 26, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You, with your access to all the conservative and teeteeparty websites, think that climate change acceptors aren't doing anything but talking. And based on those lies, you figure you get a pass and don't have to do anything. You don't think it's a problem because you feed on all those lies.
And because you never go outside your comfort zone, you don't know what they are doing to lessen their carbon footprints.
Now you'll demand that I prove that, and you won't believe any evidence that I bring because it would violate your already cemented beliefs. And I don't have to prove it. You've never proven your argument that there isn't a problem with the climate.
I only drop in occasionally now, to see what stupidity you guys are offering and sometimes to make a comment on that stupidity. There's certainly no use in arguing with you. That's something one can get bogged down in, the minutia and distractions that yall offer against the solid and indisputable scientific facts.
that a boy!!!!
just tune out!!

don't let anyones uncertainty get in the way of your certainties of things to come in an uncertain world.
Brad

Bolton, CT

#47202 May 26, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
First rule of science is,theres no such thing as settled science.

Once people start spewing their settled science they are no longer supporters or activists they're zealots and demagogues.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#47203 May 26, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And what we have from you is NO reply. NOWHERE do you hold accountable the global warming hypocrites, but whine about others who do. Where is your OUTRAGE toward the global warming hypocrites? They are undermining the "science" you hold so dear.

But I'm not surprised... warmists never hold their own accountable -- they just make up rules for others, and then whine when folks object.

Such a pathetic zealot you are.

More evidence that the "settled" "science" is neither, that is by example of the most outspoken advocates.

Thanks for playing.

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#47204 May 26, 2014
Why won’t science say climate change as real as smoking causing cancer, the earth not being flat, comet hits being inevitable and evolution being proven? Our children deserve more than nothing beyond 32 years of “could be” and “95%” and only science can decide, not a mob of you determined believers who enjoy goose stepping our children to your exaggerated crisis.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#47205 May 26, 2014
mememine69 wrote:
Why won’t science say climate change as real as smoking causing cancer, the earth not being flat, comet hits being inevitable and evolution being proven? Our children deserve more than nothing beyond 32 years of “could be” and “95%” and only science can decide, not a mob of you determined believers who enjoy goose stepping our children to your exaggerated crisis.
Tell me something, does every tea bagger have the view that the gun laws are not strict enough, or that abortion is a woman's right, or that gay couples can be married. Are you all 100% against that ? Also does every smoker get cancer , is that 100% certain or does the risk just go up 10 fold. I'd say that's a pretty good reason to give up or not smoke but you seem to tell us that because it's not 100% certain keep on smoking. Now that's real smart

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#47206 May 26, 2014
Whiner deniers would rather believe Fox and friends than the solid science that provides evidence that global warming is happening and that man is responsible for a major part of it. Why would anyone believe the science when they have Koch cronies to straighten them out? LOL
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#47207 May 26, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me something, does every tea bagger ...
Aww... gawd not again.

Is your goad to post at least one really stupid thing each and every day?

Grow up, putz.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#47208 May 26, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
Whiner deniers...
See my previous post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min VetnorsGate 1,641,945
Rich Get Seco d Bailout with Tax Cut 35 min Rich Gedricher 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr leftreichfrontcenter 243,001
News Former U.S. House Speaker Hastert indicted on f... (May '15) 3 hr Rightwing pedophilia 75
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 8 hr RACE 11,535
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 8 hr RACE 3,739
Trickle Down and Tax returns 10 hr H R Bloke 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages