Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 60655 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

SpaceBlues

Humble, TX

#46803 May 14, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why whackin''em don 't do no good.
They got this one :-)

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#46804 May 14, 2014
Blonde coed wrote:
<quoted text>
So you want to use oil, coal and gas to build and transport windmills, solar panels and electric cars and batteries?
That's dumb. I'm blond and even I know that.
What's your BEST solution?
Well that's what we call "transition" changing from one energy source to another then eventually the clean solution replaces the dirty one. Even a blond coed could understand that and that is why big Al & Obama still have to fly around in those dirty ole jet planes because the hyper-drive star-trek ones haven't been invented yet!

Since: Oct 08

Decatur, GA

#46805 May 14, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a good example of delusional you flat earthers are, you keep asking for proof of global warming and then be so quick to dismiss it when it's presented. Then prove to us there is a God, let alone what form this God takes. If God created the dinosaurs why were they wiped out ? or what about the animal species that man has wiped out. Do you think God intended for man to make other men slaves or have women walk around in a tent so they can't be seen. Do you think God intended to have one man accumulate more resources that would feed a small country while other men starved. I thought the garden of Eden was created so we could survive but you want to sanction it's destruction.
dinosaurs were put on earth, by God, to become fossil fuel in the future, to power our vehicles....just like chickens were put here to provide eggs, meat and feathers. Cows were put on earth to provide milk, meat, leather, same with pigs. the women you refer to are muslims, and I think God might agree that they were a mistake, like tobacco. you must be a liberal, liberals have weird ideas.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#46806 May 14, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Read my previous posts, liar.
http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/conten...
i did, fool.

it confirms you're a hysterical lying idiot!!
No Warming

Athens, OH

#46807 May 14, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite a bit. The average warming was 0.13C/decade and AGW has continued unabated by intelligent action or political will.
Note: We are probably headed for an El-Nino next year in which all that warming will show up in the atmosphere (instead of the oceans). Don't cry when it does. It all averages out to a fairly constant slope since the CAUSE is pretty constant.
and get an education. You don't have to embarrass yourself with these posts.
We had EL-Nino in 2005 and 2010, what did that net you ?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#46808 May 14, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Hey folks, science deniers are fools.
http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/conten...
P.S. Topix deletes posts as well.
introduction says, "may lead".

you claim, "has led"

again.....you're a lying idiot caught up in your own inanity.

go see the doctor with your butthole buddy litethong. share some time on the couch. you two could get a twofer.
SpaceBlues

Humble, TX

#46809 May 14, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>i did, fool.
it confirms you're a hysterical lying idiot!!
Typical science dsenier, you are, LOL.

Go study what you called crap. And apologize.
SpaceBlues

Humble, TX

#46810 May 14, 2014
denier, that is, LOL.
SpaceBlues

Humble, TX

#46811 May 14, 2014
No Warming wrote:
<quoted text>
We had EL-Nino in 2005 and 2010, what did that net you ?
Eighty percent chance for this year.

Study what you don't know: more warming.
SpaceBlues

Humble, TX

#46812 May 14, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>
you claim, "has led"
again......
Where do I claim that, liar?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#46813 May 14, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why whackin''em don 't do no good.
oh, stop it!!!

you and spacey act like you make a difference in the game while you're both closet dykes on the pep squad.

you people are so clueless.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#46814 May 14, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Where do I claim that, liar?
post #46768.

can't wait to see you duck and dodge this one, little dog pecker gnat.

or.....do you freely admit that there's never been an extinction due to man made co2?? you just contend that there might be, right, fudgenut?
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#46815 May 14, 2014
So you have these generals and admirals coming out today (not the first time the military has spoken up) saying climate change is a threat to the US.

What say ye now, stupid idiotic lying deniers?
SpaceBlues

Humble, TX

#46816 May 14, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>post #46768.
can't wait to see you duck and dodge this one, little dog pecker gnat.
or.....do you freely admit that there's never been an extinction due to man made co2?? you just contend that there might be, right, fudgenut?
Listen, I don't make up science. I posted from the RS paper.

Go study what anthropogenic climate change is. It's covers man-made CO2 from fossil fuels combustion.

You science deniers demand cessation of science so that humanity will stay ignorant about their own impact on our planet's climate and related consequences..
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#46817 May 14, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
dinosaurs were put on earth, by God, to become fossil fuel in the future, to power our vehicles....just like chickens were put here to provide eggs, meat and feathers. Cows were put on earth to provide milk, meat, leather, same with pigs. the women you refer to are muslims, and I think God might agree that they were a mistake, like tobacco. you must be a liberal, liberals have weird ideas.
Women were a mistake? Then why do we like fucking them so much?

And pot was put here to smoke and make prayer rugs with.

Why did Noah have to take all those nasty viruses, bacteria, and fungi on the Ark? Why didn't he leave them to drown? Why couldn't he have saved us some dinosaurs?

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#46818 May 14, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
So you have these generals and admirals coming out today (not the first time the military has spoken up) saying climate change is a threat to the US.
Get with the program. It's no longer called climate change. The new adjective is disruption,climate disruption. No one is claiming that climate disruption is not happening just mans involvement
SpaceBlues

Humble, TX

#46819 May 14, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
Hey there. They ignore the truth.

Latest: An analysis of historical storm data reveals that the average latitude at which tropical cyclones attain their maximum intensity has undergone a pronounced shift towards the poles over the past three decades.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#46820 May 14, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
This is going to be really difficult for them, they had their heart set on Al Queda as the global villain. Now the "call to arms" will be to walk to the store to get the milk. That's a whole lot harder than sending someone else's son or daughter to a foreign land to get their a$$ shot off.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather/four-star...
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#46821 May 14, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
More whackin' to do,
NOTHING you've posted has addressed the hypocrisy of warmists that talk big about a CRISIS but do NOTHING but talk about it.

I'll keep reminding you of this as long it takes for you to understand.

Whack yourself all you like, but please don't tell us about it.
No Warming

Athens, OH

#46822 May 14, 2014
No Warming wrote:
<quoted text>
How much has earth warmed over the last 16 years ? Stand or sit any way you like.
Since none of the warmers will answer I will, data from NOAA has the global temp in 1997 at 14.42 deg.C. The average of the 16 years since is 14.47. Even James Hansen would acknowledge 5 one-hundredths of 1 degree over 16 years is insignificant. The anomalies are from a base of 13.9C for those who don't even bother to look at the actual temp record.

1997 0.52°C 4
1998 0.63°C 15
1999 0.46°C 2
2000 0.43°C 1
2001 0.55°C 6
2002 0.61°C 12
2003 0.62°C 14
2004 0.57°C 7
2005 0.65°C 17
2006 0.59°C 11
2007 0.59°C 11
2008 0.51°C 3
2009 0.59°C 11
2010 0.65°C 17
2011 0.53°C 5
2012 0.57°C 7
2013 0.62°C 14

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Incognito4Ever 1,402,788
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Denny CranesPlace 219,160
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr CrunchyBacon 103,111
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Cheffie 70,813
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr GEORGIA 1,783
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr GEORGIA 2,838
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr GEORGIA 6,541

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages