Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Dec 14, 2008 Read more: Newsday 52,734
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Read more
litesong

Everett, WA

#46665 May 10, 2014
ratdownthemiddledownwronggully wrote:
...are so transparent.
The gully washer running throught the home of "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" in the down wrong gully, is polluted & very muddy.
litesong

Everett, WA

#46666 May 10, 2014
ratdownthemiddledownwronggully wrote:
you didn't really go to college, did you?
You never had any high science or mathematics in U-knee-ver-city & did poorly in science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc for your poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa........ no question........
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#46667 May 10, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>i'd like for the caveman and litethong to show the forum that they possess the scientific knowledge they claim. please explain howhigher co2 levels lower nutitional levels in plants!!!!
we'll wait!!
no links....no excuses....no cut and paste!!!
explain with scientific expertise that what you claim is plausible!!
haa haa haa
i already know the responses......two dumbasses will react in a way that proves they are dumb azz trolls who haven't a clue about anything relating to science.
For you, simpleton, it's easy.

CO2 does not make the plant lose nutrition so much as the growth that CO2 inspires causes the proportion of nutrients to go down. Bigger is not always better.

Of course you, with your black and white dogma, think that it is.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#46669 May 10, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
Zealot say what?

Meh... nothing of importance.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#46670 May 10, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
You never had any high science or mathematics in U-knee-ver-city & did poorly in science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc for your poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa........ no question........
as uneducated as you claim i am, just remember.....i'm that much smarter than you, bird killing idiot.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#46671 May 10, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
CO2 does not make the plant lose nutrition so much as the growth that CO2 inspires causes the proportion of nutrients to go down. Bigger is not always better.
Of course you, with your black and white dogma, think that it is.
face the facts, son, more c02 isn't always bad.....no matter how you creeps pretend it is.

btw....why aren't you morons complaining about methane???

hmmmm.

psssst......don't call someone a simpleton when you have a mississippi isp. if that "ain't" pot calling black, then i don't knowz whut iz!!!

go choke a chicken.....i understand that has different meanings in your neck of the woods....but maybe you'll figure it out.

lol

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#46672 May 10, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
For you, simpleton, it's easy..
is it true that the best pick up locations for you rubes is a family reunion?

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#46673 May 10, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
in mississippi....if your mother is also your sister....could she also be you aunt??

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#46675 May 10, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
And lousy joke teller.
Go watch Spongebog. Spaceblues and litesong need someone to explain the big words.
No, I think I will play Whack-a-Mole. It is more profitable than trying to have an intelligent conversation with a troll like you. Whack....whack....whackkkk ... Darned little rascal!
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#46676 May 10, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I think I will play Whack-a-Mole. It is more profitable than trying to have an intelligent conversation with a troll like you. Whack....whack....whackkkk ... Darned little rascal!
<sigh>

*poof"

More of the evil CO2 puffed into the atmosphere by one who claims to believe in the global warming CRISIS.

How do warmists live with their hypocrisy?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#46677 May 11, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
<sigh>
*poof"
More of the evil CO2 puffed into the atmosphere by one who claims to believe in the global warming CRISIS.
More important how do you live with your denial ? Ignoring facts and making wild claims that are groundless scientific arguments just so you can feel comfortable in your denial.
I'd say that is the height of hypocrisy in itself. No one is trying to sell snake oil here, just trying to right an obvious wrong. Yet your lot want to claim daily that this proven wrong needs to keep going on unabated. Like caveman says, you are traitors to your fellow man & your country.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#46678 May 11, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
Our greatest problem in America (And a large part of the rest of the world) is our economic system. Capitalism is totally a man made system. It has no counterpart in nature. It is not part of the natural world and is not influenced by the balances of nature. Does capitalism consider the pollution of our streams, the degradation of the air, poisoning of the ecosystem through synthetic chemicals, etc.? No, it considers only the generation of wealth for the most affluent. That is all. It will not solve all problems. Why do so many believe that it will?....
Global warming isn't a problem with climate, it's a political issue. See Pat's post above for proof.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#46679 May 11, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
<sigh>
*poof"
Wack..whackkk...whaacckkk...go t 'em!
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#46680 May 11, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
More important how do you live with...
What?!

No defense of even an explanation for your hypocrisy?

I"m not surprised.... as you shouldn't be by the lack of credibility it creates for your "settled science".

LOL
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#46681 May 11, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wack..whackkk...whaacckkk...go t 'em!
Aww gee... another hypocrite warmist.

But please demonstrate some intellectual honestly and quit calling global warming any sort of crisis.

I know... I know.... you won't adhere to any of the mountainous "science" you keep posting about a crisis. You'll keep posting making yourself a bigger and bigger hypocrite.

No matter to me... I'll enjoy mocking you and the other phony warmists.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#46682 May 11, 2014
Wal-Mart Now Draws More Solar Power Than 38 U.S. States
By Tom Randall Oct 25, 2013 5:25 AM ET Solar power and keg stands have one thing in common: Wal-Mart wants to profit from them.

In the race for commercial solar power, Wal-Mart is killing it. The company now has almost twice as much capacity as second-place Costco. A better comparison: Wal-Mart is converting more sun into energy than 38 U.S. states.

In the beer department, Wal-Mart recently decided alcohol was good business and vowed to double sales by 2016. The result: 500 reps from the alcohol industry converged on the Sam’s Club auditorium in Bentonville, Arkansas, for an “adult beverages summit” focused on Wal-Mart.“It’s even selling it in garden centers,” Bloomberg News’s Renee Dudley wrote in August.

With solar, will Wal-Mart have the same industry-focusing presence its had with booze? If small business is the heart of the U.S. economy, Wal-Mart is the gluteus maximus -- the power muscle. The company redefines global supply chains and crunches cost reductions in just about every area it touches. More than 80 publicly traded companies rely on Wal-Mart for 10 percent or more of their annual revenue, according to Bloomberg data.

“When we find something that works -- like solar -- we go big with it,” the company’s website proclaims.

When companies tout their solar street cred, it's generally not because they're actually plugging panels in themselves. Most of Wal-Mart's projects are done through what are called power-purchase agreements, where third-party developers install, own and operate the systems on Wal-Mart rooftops. Wal-Mart simply locks in cheap long-term rates to buy back the electricity and take the green credit.

After a 40 percent surge in installations through the second quarter, Wal-Mart now draws on 89 megawatts of capacity, according to a report last week by the Solar Energy Industries Association. That’s roughly enough to power 22,250 U.S. homes.

Even Wal-Mart has a lot more room to grow. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, green power accounts for just 4 percent of the company’s electricity use. IKEA, the world’s biggest home-furnishings retailer, is taking solar a step further. The Swedish company plans to begin selling solar-panel systems in its U.K. stores next year, with a standard 3.36-kilowatt system costing $9,200.

For companies that took a look at solar a few years ago and passed, it may be time to look again. Prices of panels have fallen 60 percent just since 2011, and the average price of an installed solar project has dropped 30 percent, according to industry data.

It’s still early days for solar. Wal-Mart produces more solar energy today than the entire country did in 1987, when Starship released the hit single,“Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now.” I’m not sure what exactly that says about Wal-Mart or the U.S. or 1980s pop music -- apart from showing that the landscape today is positively futuristic by comparison.

Buying solar and selling beer are two very different businesses. But when giants like Wal-Mart and Costco throw their weight into either, you can bet on a cheap buzz. I’ll drink to that.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#46683 May 11, 2014
So, denier boy Roy Spencer takes some arguments away from the most idiotic and ignorant deniers. You listening, Gord?

You guys might want to check out some arguments you shouldn't use anymore, according to the official climatologist for Rush Limbaugh.

http://climatecrocks.com/2014/05/06/spencer-v...
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#46684 May 11, 2014
Can you find the pause hidden in this picture?

http://tamino.wordpress.com/2014/02/25/by-req...
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#46685 May 11, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
/
Zealot say what?

Meh... still don't care.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#46687 May 11, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Zealot say what?
Meh... still don't care.
You still reading those graphs standing on your head, no wonder you have a distorted view on science.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 4.21.15 5 min Sublime1 2
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,217,561
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 min Sublime1 99,352
Amy 4.21.15 13 min Sublime1 1
Word (Dec '08) 31 min RACE 5,193
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 51 min Learn to Read 187,011
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr scirocco 69,622
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]