Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 60142 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

litesong

Everett, WA

#46650 May 10, 2014
ratdownthemiddledownwronggully wrote:
show the forum that they possess the scientific knowledge they claim......
Sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars have to show the forum they have the science & mathematics to overturn scientific AGW knowledge, which is built from the work of scientists, each with 10 to 16 more years of science, mathematics & training than toxic denier liars have.
litethong

San Jose, CA

#46651 May 10, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars have to show the forum they have the science & mathematics to overturn scientific AGW knowledge, which is built from the work of scientists, each with 10 to 16 more years of science, mathematics & training than toxic denier liars have.
Lets see, the same old boring post, albeit rehashed, from you over and over about education, which evidently you have none. What is your problem?
litesong

Everett, WA

#46652 May 10, 2014
litesong wrote:
//////////
litethong thrummed:
...... about education, which evidently you have none.
//////////
litesong wrote:
Have much more science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & calculus than average sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars....... who may NOT average a hi skule DEE-plooomaa. At least, 9 sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars, including sleazy slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs, have no hi skule DEE-plooomaas.

Sorry, litethong is perturbed by its lack of science & mathematics.
litethong

Oak Hill, WV

#46653 May 10, 2014
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
//////////
litethong thrummed:
...... about education, which evidently you have none.
//////////
litesong wrote:
Have much more science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & calculus than average sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars....... who may NOT average a hi skule DEE-plooomaa. At least, 9 sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars, including sleazy slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs, have no hi skule DEE-plooomaas.
Sorry, litethong is perturbed by its lack of science & mathematics.
Amazing how you can copy and paste reference material. Litethong is a master at that. Dumb bastard.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#46654 May 10, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
<yawn> and you're still a clueless idiotic bird killer.
litesong

Everett, WA

#46655 May 10, 2014
litesong wrote:
work of scientists, each with 10 to 16 more years of science, mathematics & training than toxic denier liars have.
//////////
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" yawned:
.....yawn ......
////////
litesong wrote:
...... as "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" yawned in its science & mathematics classes......
litesong

Everett, WA

#46656 May 10, 2014
litethong wrote:
Dumb bastard.
At least, 9 sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars, including sleazy slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs, have no hi skule DEE-plooomaas.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#46658 May 10, 2014
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
work of scientists, each with 10 to 16 more years of science, mathematics & training than toxic denier liars have.
//////////
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" yawned:
.....yawn ......
////////
litesong wrote:
...... as "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" yawned in its science & mathematics classes......
you didn't really go to college, did you?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#46659 May 10, 2014
litethong wrote:
To bad the only thing I have to offer is childish rants about how others have no education, like me.
I know, litethong's insecurities are so transparent.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#46660 May 10, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
But you know I am right!
Perhaps in your counter logic world 'bullshyt' is a term in the affirmative... I don't know.

But in the 'real' world, it's manure.

Of what I 'know' of you... bad debater, poor writer, lousy reasoner, and a true 'believer' in global warming -- despite all it's deficiencies.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#46661 May 10, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text><yawn> and you're still a clueless idiotic bird killer.
litesong comes to this forum cuz it's the only place anyone ever talks back to him.

Must be really lonely in his delusional world.
No Warming

Athens, OH

#46662 May 10, 2014
Retired Farmer wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave up trying. Denial is just too deeply entrenched.
Our grandchildren will curse us for the devastated world and miserable living conditions in it that we hand down to them. Of course we will be safely dead by then. So will the billionaires who make more billions from the devastation. But their grandchildren will still more than likely be rich enough to afford the good life, even if everybody else is starving.
Your hysteria is based on failed predictions, if you would take the time to look at the record you'd understand why the rest of us aren't concerned.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#46663 May 10, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps in your counter logic world 'bullshyt' is a term in the affirmative... I don't know.
But in the 'real' world, it's manure.
Of what I 'know' of you... bad debater, poor writer, lousy reasoner, and a true 'believer' in global warming -- despite all it's deficiencies.
Whatever it is, you are full of it. Your best part.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#46664 May 10, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever it is, you are full of it. Your best part.
And lousy joke teller.

Go watch Spongebog. Spaceblues and litesong need someone to explain the big words.
litesong

Everett, WA

#46665 May 10, 2014
...are so transparent.
The gully washer running throught the home of "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" in the down wrong gully, is polluted & very muddy.
litesong

Everett, WA

#46666 May 10, 2014
you didn't really go to college, did you?
You never had any high science or mathematics in U-knee-ver-city & did poorly in science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc for your poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa........ no question........
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#46667 May 10, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>i'd like for the caveman and litethong to show the forum that they possess the scientific knowledge they claim. please explain howhigher co2 levels lower nutitional levels in plants!!!!
we'll wait!!
no links....no excuses....no cut and paste!!!
explain with scientific expertise that what you claim is plausible!!
haa haa haa
i already know the responses......two dumbasses will react in a way that proves they are dumb azz trolls who haven't a clue about anything relating to science.
For you, simpleton, it's easy.

CO2 does not make the plant lose nutrition so much as the growth that CO2 inspires causes the proportion of nutrients to go down. Bigger is not always better.

Of course you, with your black and white dogma, think that it is.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#46669 May 10, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
Zealot say what?

Meh... nothing of importance.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#46670 May 10, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
You never had any high science or mathematics in U-knee-ver-city & did poorly in science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc for your poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa........ no question........
as uneducated as you claim i am, just remember.....i'm that much smarter than you, bird killing idiot.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#46671 May 10, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
For you, simpleton, it's easy.
CO2 does not make the plant lose nutrition so much as the growth that CO2 inspires causes the proportion of nutrients to go down. Bigger is not always better.
Of course you, with your black and white dogma, think that it is.
face the facts, son, more c02 isn't always bad.....no matter how you creeps pretend it is.

btw....why aren't you morons complaining about methane???

hmmmm.

psssst......don't call someone a simpleton when you have a mississippi isp. if that "ain't" pot calling black, then i don't knowz whut iz!!!

go choke a chicken.....i understand that has different meanings in your neck of the woods....but maybe you'll figure it out.

lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 28 min Dr Guru 216,939
Mohammed a White Guy with Black Slaves 1 hr Hotel California 1
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr USAsince1680 1,395,958
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 8,910
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 6,423
last post wins! (Dec '10) 4 hr They cannot kill ... 2,152
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr TRD 70,730
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr Sublime1 102,527

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages