Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 64568 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#46634 May 9, 2014
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
At no point did "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" say it had science & mathematics degrees or even classes in such at U-knee-ver-city.
//////////
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" gushed:
why should i?
//////////
litesong wrote:
That's what I said, when you tried to gain my educational level. When I refused, you immediately lied, flapping, I didn't even have a GED.
It is true tho, that I have more science & mathematics than you ever thought about obtaining.
i don't need to prove my academic credentials to a dumbass like you. if you're as smart as you portray....why don't you show it?? cause you aren't!

lol

you dream for a high school education, don't you?

bwaaahahhahaaaa

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#46635 May 9, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Whereas, CO2 can raise the amount of bio-mass, CO2 doesn't add a comparable amount of nutrients to plants. Food is sold by the pound(bio-mass), not be its nutrient level.
i'd like for the caveman and litethong to show the forum that they possess the scientific knowledge they claim. please explain howhigher co2 levels lower nutitional levels in plants!!!!

we'll wait!!

no links....no excuses....no cut and paste!!!

explain with scientific expertise that what you claim is plausible!!

haa haa haa

i already know the responses......two dumbasses will react in a way that proves they are dumb azz trolls who haven't a clue about anything relating to science.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#46636 May 9, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
For sure, doubt is all that you embrace. Try embracing reality! You are attracted to doubt like a moth to a light.
Reality?

LOL

No one cares about global warming. Poll after poll show that, but you keep bleating as if facts are otherwise.

Warmists have a HUGE credibility problem.

NO ONE... not politicians, nor warmist scientists, nor celebrities, nor Topix experts ACT like it really is a crisis. They all play it lip service, then carry on with their lives as if no crisis exists.

Keep bleating... you're shooting down you own argument.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#46637 May 9, 2014
Retired Farmer wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave up trying. Denial is just too deeply entrenched.
Our grandchildren will curse us for the devastated world and miserable living conditions in it that we hand down to them. Of course we will be safely dead by then. So will the billionaires who make more billions from the devastation. But their grandchildren will still more than likely be rich enough to afford the good life, even if everybody else is starving.
See my previous post... add in "Retired Farmer" to the list.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#46638 May 9, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said, these people are blind to reality. Their whole life is dedicated to walking around with a blindfold & ear muffs so they don't see the bus coming when they are crossing the road nor they know when stepping over the edge of a cliff. Unfortunately these are the victims the rest of us have to pay for.
See my previous post.

No one is buying the snake oil you're selling cuz you don't use it yourself.

LOL
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#46639 May 9, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<
Again... zealot say what?

And again... no one cares.

LOL

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#46640 May 10, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality?
LOL
No one cares about global warming. Poll after poll show that, but you keep bleating as if facts are otherwise.
NO ONE... not politicians, nor warmist scientists, nor celebrities, nor Topix experts ACT like it really is a crisis. They all play it lip service, then carry on with their lives as if no crisis exists.
No one takes any notice of a poll taken around the dining table of a baggers home. So you think the President should issue an executive order on warming to make it look more of a crisis, well yeah I'd agree with that.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#46643 May 10, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
No one takes any notice of a poll taken around the dining table of a baggers home. So you think the President should issue an executive order on warming to make it look more of a crisis, well yeah I'd agree with that.
Pfft.... ignore national polls and focus on skeptics.

Good little lemming.... keep bleating.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#46644 May 10, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality?
LOL

Your reality is rather limited. You flutter around around your incandescent light bulb. If you don't change your ways you will get burned. Then it will be a crisis for you. It will be too late for you to care then!
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#46645 May 10, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your reality is rather limited. You flutter around around your incandescent light bulb. If you don't change your ways you will get burned. Then it will be a crisis for you. It will be too late for you to care then!
That's right... just keep avoiding the giant credibility problem and keep preaching to the choir.

Warmists aren't increasing their flocks even as they get more strident.

What's beyond a "crisis"? "End of the world"? Nope... that one's failed already. Doomsday? Nah... not scary enough. Super-crisis? As if a couple more exclamation points will buy you some credibility.

LOL

Location hidden

#46646 May 10, 2014
Our greatest problem in America (And a large part of the rest of the world) is our economic system. Capitalism is totally a man made system. It has no counterpart in nature. It is not part of the natural world and is not influenced by the balances of nature. Does capitalism consider the pollution of our streams, the degradation of the air, poisoning of the ecosystem through synthetic chemicals, etc.? No, it considers only the generation of wealth for the most affluent. That is all. It will not solve all problems. Why do so many believe that it will?
We are beginning to see that it creates many problems.

Does this mean that other economic systems are better? Not necessarily, but it does mean that we must be cognizant of these shortcomings and regulate them through intelligent governance. To do that we must break the bonds of crony capitalism that is structuring our society. We must quit buying into the prejudices of the controlled media and think again for ourselves. We must insist upon rules that favor the natural processes of the world. When we think that we are above nature and do not depend upon the natural processes, we soon will falter because we are part of the natural processes and must live within.

An example of controlled thinking; The idea of trickle down capitalism (not even an accepted viable economic theory) is still alive today. It is considered proper to subsidize large corporations and banks but improper to require that workers are paid a decent wage. Along with that, it is considered sacrilege for governments to regulate the market. What we end up with is a situation where man has total disregard of natural processes and a economic system that must denigrate reason for the riches of the few.

That is why the science of global warming is being attacked so venomously.

Location hidden

#46647 May 10, 2014
In 1971 Jimís [Hansen's] GISS coworkers Steve Schneider and S. Ichtiaque Rasool used the new methods to make a controversial and long-remembered prediction of global cooling. Theyíd wrongly assumed that man-made aerosol pollution would spread across the world, reflecting the Sunís warmth back into space, while their oversimplified model underestimated CO2ís greenhouse effect.
http://simpleclimate.wordpress.com/2014/05/10...
The cooling Earth concept was soon corrected by further scientific investigation and the effects of CO2 were found to have a more profound effect upon the atmosphere than the shielding effect of aerosols. Both are affecting the temperature of the earth today. Both are influenced by man's activities.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#46648 May 10, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
Our greatest problem in America (And a large part of the rest of the world) is our economic system.
ENOUGH of your bullshyt!

Location hidden

#46649 May 10, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
ENOUGH of your bullshyt!
But you know I am right!
litesong

Everett, WA

#46650 May 10, 2014
ratdownthemiddledownwronggully wrote:
show the forum that they possess the scientific knowledge they claim......
Sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars have to show the forum they have the science & mathematics to overturn scientific AGW knowledge, which is built from the work of scientists, each with 10 to 16 more years of science, mathematics & training than toxic denier liars have.
litethong

San Jose, CA

#46651 May 10, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars have to show the forum they have the science & mathematics to overturn scientific AGW knowledge, which is built from the work of scientists, each with 10 to 16 more years of science, mathematics & training than toxic denier liars have.
Lets see, the same old boring post, albeit rehashed, from you over and over about education, which evidently you have none. What is your problem?
litesong

Everett, WA

#46652 May 10, 2014
litesong wrote:
//////////
litethong thrummed:
...... about education, which evidently you have none.
//////////
litesong wrote:
Have much more science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & calculus than average sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars....... who may NOT average a hi skule DEE-plooomaa. At least, 9 sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars, including sleazy slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs, have no hi skule DEE-plooomaas.

Sorry, litethong is perturbed by its lack of science & mathematics.
litethong

Oak Hill, WV

#46653 May 10, 2014
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
//////////
litethong thrummed:
...... about education, which evidently you have none.
//////////
litesong wrote:
Have much more science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & calculus than average sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars....... who may NOT average a hi skule DEE-plooomaa. At least, 9 sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars, including sleazy slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs, have no hi skule DEE-plooomaas.
Sorry, litethong is perturbed by its lack of science & mathematics.
Amazing how you can copy and paste reference material. Litethong is a master at that. Dumb bastard.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#46654 May 10, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
<yawn> and you're still a clueless idiotic bird killer.
litesong

Everett, WA

#46655 May 10, 2014
litesong wrote:
work of scientists, each with 10 to 16 more years of science, mathematics & training than toxic denier liars have.
//////////
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" yawned:
.....yawn ......
////////
litesong wrote:
...... as "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" yawned in its science & mathematics classes......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 45 min BlueFlag 1,743,746
News The way we were, growing up on Long Island (Feb '09) 1 hr F Them 449
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... (Feb '17) 2 hr F Them 140
Chicago has the Worst Women (Jun '16) 2 hr F Them 162
Change one letter in the word (Apr '12) 2 hr winner 39
Change one letter in the word (Mar '12) 2 hr winner 60
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr winner 1,060

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages