Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 62985 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#46589 May 8, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is science. It must be difficult for you to understand how science works. It is not changed by politics or agendas. I know something about it because I have a master's degree in physics. Science is self correcting, always. Sure some mistakes are made but those are always found and corrected by scientists. Scientists are at their best when they can show that other scientists are wrong. That is how science works. It is not by political agendas. Unfortunately, the RW nuts have tried to make it so. However, their efforts will be fruitless. If the science of AGW is ever found to be flawed, it will be by scientists, not by Koch shills.....
actually, son, you creeps are trying to change things because of your politics and agenda!

if you believed what you said.....you should embrace doubt about your untested hypothesis.

you aren't a scientist....if you were you'd realize that climate 'science' really doesn't have a leg to stand on. correlation isn't causation. did you miss that in your physics class, boi.

try to be your best...and show how these faith based warmists are wrong, you aren't very good at proving they're right,

thanks for showing your lack of science by crowing about the koch's. anyone that disagrees with your theory has to be paid off.....cause you're a physicist and you're always right, huh, mr. scientist?

bwaaahahhahahahhahhaa

thanks for playing.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#46590 May 8, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
They could have planted a Beech Tree! Or did grandpaw chew Beechnut?
https://search.yahoo.com/search...
Oh, you must mean the ocean beach.....LOL
for a scientist.....you aren't measuring up. is it because you're lacking in knowledge and facts, son?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#46591 May 8, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is science. It must be difficult for you to understand how science works. It is not changed by politics or agendas.
funny when a self professed scientist responds in political speak about a scientific issue!!!

lol

run along pretender.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#46592 May 8, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is science. It must be difficult for you to understand how science works. It is not changed by politics or agendas. I know something about it because I have a master's degree in physics. Science is self correcting, always. Sure some mistakes are made but those are always found and corrected by scientists. Scientists are at their best when they can show that other scientists are wrong. That is how science works. It is not by political agendas. Unfortunately, the RW nuts have tried to make it so. However, their efforts will be fruitless. If the science of AGW is ever found to be flawed, it will be by scientists, not by Koch shills.....
KOCH SMOCH your a faithful dirty harry reid puppet!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#46593 May 8, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
. I know something about it because I have a master's degree in physics..
calling yourself a physicist is like someone calling themselves an electrician because they screwed a light bulb into a socket.

with what you've brought to the forum.....i'd be embarrassed to make that claim, son.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#46594 May 8, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>actually, son, you creeps are trying to change things because of your politics and agenda!
if you believed what you said.....you should embrace doubt about your untested hypothesis.
you aren't a scientist....if you were you'd realize that climate 'science' really doesn't have a leg to stand on. correlation isn't causation. did you miss that in your physics class, boi.
try to be your best...and show how these faith based warmists are wrong, you aren't very good at proving they're right,
thanks for showing your lack of science by crowing about the koch's. anyone that disagrees with your theory has to be paid off.....cause you're a physicist and you're always right, huh, mr. scientist?
bwaaahahhahahahhahhaa
thanks for playing.
"if you believed what you said.....you should embrace doubt about your untested hypothesis."

A brilliant summation.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#46595 May 8, 2014
All you deniers should be embarrassed.

But you're just too stupid to know that you should.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#46596 May 8, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
Zealot say what?

Yeah... who cares?
SpaceBlues

Magnolia, TX

#46597 May 8, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
All you deniers should be embarrassed.
But you're just too stupid to know that you should.
Agreed. They should be.

Yes, they are too stupid, indeed.

P.S. Hope all is well with you folks re tornados, etc.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#46598 May 8, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>.
Hypocrite say what?

Yeah... who cares?

Since: Mar 14

Narangba, Australia

#46599 May 8, 2014
Arne Marco wrote:
What we normally forget when talking about the amount of CO2, is the significance it has for the human (and other creatures) health. Above 425 ppm in the atmossphere the healthproblems will become more servere, because the blood will slowly be more acid. This will affect bloodpressure etc.
BTW: President Johnson was informed in 1965 about the dangers in increasing the amount of CO2.
. It's going to get worse. There are too many of us, we are in the process of overstaying our welcome. Idiot consciousness ticks no boxes. The divine, the true, the apostolic would like to save you. Can, just ask. Stu. 6447. The measure of us is our saying, this kiss. We are as clever as we are spiritual, powerful and perceptive. Our right to change and make change. Stu

Narangba, Australia

#46600 May 9, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>funny when a self professed scientist responds in political speak about a scientific issue!!!
lol
run along pretender.
science and politics, the spiritual are united. This civilization this our soul are united. We stand making sense before. Your turn, you next, you young discordant fool. There is an infinite plateau that requires. Listen to your mentors, cocky child. Stu

Narangba, Australia

#46601 May 9, 2014
Lol get on your bus go

Narangba, Australia

#46602 May 9, 2014
There are too many of us, this science this civilization will save us or not. You decide. Stu

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#46603 May 9, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>calling yourself a physicist is like someone calling themselves an electrician because they screwed a light bulb into a socket.
with what you've brought to the forum.....i'd be embarrassed to make that claim, son.
Wow, I believe that I hit a nerve. LOL
I do believe that I know a lot more about how science works than an uneducated Tea Bagger.

Location hidden

#46604 May 9, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
"if you believed what you said.....you should embrace doubt about your untested hypothesis."
A brilliant summation.
A scientist does not embrace doubt, they weigh it. Dummy.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#46606 May 9, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
A scientist does not embrace doubt, they weigh it. Dummy.
Oooo.... another snipe fest with a word player.

Grow up, jackass.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#46607 May 9, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I believe that I hit a nerve. LOL
I do believe that I know a lot more about how science works than an uneducated Tea Bagger.
you hit my 'funny bone', gomer!

bwaaahaaahahaa

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#46608 May 9, 2014
Stuart Cudahy wrote:
There are too many of us, this science this civilization will save us or not. You decide. Stu
'there are too many of us'......who are you talking about?

Location hidden

#46609 May 9, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooo.... another snipe fest with a word player.
Grow up, jackass.
For sure, doubt is all that you embrace. Try embracing reality! You are attracted to doubt like a moth to a light.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Guest 1,483,803
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min JRB 234,641
last post wins! (Apr '13) 21 min honeymylove 2,189
News Shootings, homicides in Chicago both higher tha... 1 hr former democrat 2
Meryl Streep is a worthless know nothing bitch. 2 hr Go Blue Forever 13
Sexy milf next door 4 hr Helen 1
abby1-23-17 4 hr Mrs Gladys Kravitz 8
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Sublime1 104,744

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages