Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 64130 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#46567 May 8, 2014
Alarmists are like holocaust deniers; that's why they call skeptics, "deniers'.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#46568 May 8, 2014
Whack..whack..whack..darned rascals!
Matt Hooper

Rocky Mount, NC

#46569 May 8, 2014
What a farce. Man Made global warming. The fraud of the Century. These are the ridiculous scandals a Government can get away with when you lose your Free Press. You people will be laughed at for hundreds of years. Man is an insignificant speck on Earth. 5 Billion year old planet being threatened by cars and backyard grilles. Gullible imbeciles.
Stop Livin Da Stereotypes

Westminster, MD

#46571 May 8, 2014
Science is evil. It's Satan's work. Da Lawd will get evrything back to normal when He sees fit. The earth is young. Only about 9000 years old. It has a lot of life left in it. Don't you heathens worry. Christians have faith. You can have your "science".

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#46572 May 8, 2014
The science says to wait on climate change mitigation; there have been no experimental tests.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#46573 May 8, 2014
Lord Hater wrote:
Every day our best and brightest scientist use the the most advanced technologies spending billions of dollars to predict the weather for the week. And every day they are wrong.
Hey dummy, they do it for the military..

Location hidden

#46574 May 8, 2014
Stop Livin Da Stereotypes wrote:
Science is evil. It's Satan's work. Da Lawd will get evrything back to normal when He sees fit. The earth is young. Only about 9000 years old. It has a lot of life left in it. Don't you heathens worry. Christians have faith. You can have your "science".
Not all Christians fit your stereotype. There is room for both science and religion. Christianity just doesn't fit in the science classroom.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#46575 May 8, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all Christians fit your stereotype. There is room for both science and religion. Christianity just doesn't fit in the science classroom.
LOL

are you claiming all scientists are atheists or agnostics, son?

good luck with that one!

Location hidden

#46577 May 8, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
are you claiming all scientists are atheists or agnostics, son?
good luck with that one!
Not at all. Where did you get that weird idea? It is the wacko RW religious nut jobs who are trying to go back to the dark ages. If religions cannot stand up to science then they will not stand at all. Religion and science are not mutual enemies no matter what some of the radicals say. They can coexist.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#46578 May 8, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. Where did you get that weird idea? It is the wacko RW religious nut jobs who are trying to go back to the dark ages. If religions cannot stand up to science then they will not stand at all. Religion and science are not mutual enemies no matter what some of the radicals say. They can coexist.
i was just curious.

religion plays no part in my view on the man made climate hoax.

the faith in climate alarmism is much closer to a religion than science.

Location hidden

#46580 May 8, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>i was just curious.
religion plays no part in my view on the man made climate hoax.
the faith in climate alarmism is much closer to a religion than science.
Where do you get your information? It is for sure not from the findings of science. Must be from the RW nut jobs. That is much more of a religion to you than the reality of science. It is a sad day when the radical RW nuts must excoriate science to bring forward their agendas.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#46581 May 8, 2014
If you claim climate change mitigation is science, then you must look at the most compelling experimental tests. So far, all they have are computer models, man made climate disruption or mitigation hasn't been experimentally demonstrated in the real world.

Climate change mitigation is faith based science.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#46582 May 8, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you get your information? It is for sure not from the findings of science. Must be from the RW nut jobs. That is much more of a religion to you than the reality of science. It is a sad day when the radical RW nuts must excoriate science to bring forward their agendas.
i'm non partisan. did you not get the memo, son?

your own words convey to me that your version of science is swayed by politics. so, your science is political science......not science based on the scientific method....which is pseudoscience, son.

anyway......what findings? what will the untested theory of man made co2 going to accomplish? why do you put the cart before the mule, son?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#46583 May 8, 2014
co2 mitigation......so sorry for the omission.

i know how sensitive some of you are.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#46585 May 8, 2014
Beach blondie might have to move that chair up the beach a little quicker than first thought.

"The East Antarctic ice sheet is thought by most scientists to be stable, reports Alex Kirby. But a German team says it has found how a large part of it could in time melt unstoppably, causing a long term 4 metre rise in global sea levels."

http://www.theecologist.org/News/news_round_u...

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#46586 May 8, 2014
Surf's up! Last one in the water is a rotten egg...

My Grandparents saved all their lives to retire to Florida, even then without a beech view. My Grandchildren will only need to sit on the sofa, and sea level rise will bring the beech to them. What's not to love about global warming?

Location hidden

#46587 May 8, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>i'm non partisan. did you not get the memo, son?
your own words convey to me that your version of science is swayed by politics. so, your science is political science......not science based on the scientific method....which is pseudoscience, son.
anyway......what findings? what will the untested theory of man made co2 going to accomplish? why do you put the cart before the mule, son?
Science is science. It must be difficult for you to understand how science works. It is not changed by politics or agendas. I know something about it because I have a master's degree in physics. Science is self correcting, always. Sure some mistakes are made but those are always found and corrected by scientists. Scientists are at their best when they can show that other scientists are wrong. That is how science works. It is not by political agendas. Unfortunately, the RW nuts have tried to make it so. However, their efforts will be fruitless. If the science of AGW is ever found to be flawed, it will be by scientists, not by Koch shills.....

Location hidden

#46588 May 8, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Surf's up! Last one in the water is a rotten egg...
My Grandparents saved all their lives to retire to Florida, even then without a beech view. My Grandchildren will only need to sit on the sofa, and sea level rise will bring the beech to them. What's not to love about global warming?
They could have planted a Beech Tree! Or did grandpaw chew Beechnut?
https://search.yahoo.com/search...

Oh, you must mean the ocean beach.....LOL

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#46589 May 8, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is science. It must be difficult for you to understand how science works. It is not changed by politics or agendas. I know something about it because I have a master's degree in physics. Science is self correcting, always. Sure some mistakes are made but those are always found and corrected by scientists. Scientists are at their best when they can show that other scientists are wrong. That is how science works. It is not by political agendas. Unfortunately, the RW nuts have tried to make it so. However, their efforts will be fruitless. If the science of AGW is ever found to be flawed, it will be by scientists, not by Koch shills.....
actually, son, you creeps are trying to change things because of your politics and agenda!

if you believed what you said.....you should embrace doubt about your untested hypothesis.

you aren't a scientist....if you were you'd realize that climate 'science' really doesn't have a leg to stand on. correlation isn't causation. did you miss that in your physics class, boi.

try to be your best...and show how these faith based warmists are wrong, you aren't very good at proving they're right,

thanks for showing your lack of science by crowing about the koch's. anyone that disagrees with your theory has to be paid off.....cause you're a physicist and you're always right, huh, mr. scientist?

bwaaahahhahahahhahhaa

thanks for playing.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#46590 May 8, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
They could have planted a Beech Tree! Or did grandpaw chew Beechnut?
https://search.yahoo.com/search...
Oh, you must mean the ocean beach.....LOL
for a scientist.....you aren't measuring up. is it because you're lacking in knowledge and facts, son?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Libtardimus Maximus 1,642,840
Live From "Earth II"....? 11 min 2 MANY 2 LIST 3
Blue State in HUGE trouble sez George Will 14 min Amazing Skulduggery 6
Help me 19 min Silverback Rape 8
Cat's out of the bag. 27 min HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 3
Buy Buy Charlie Rose.......LIBERAL! 29 min Charlie Rose FIRED 2
Jon Trott of JPUSA protects child molestors 32 min Hold Nose 23

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages