Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 64306 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#46545 May 7, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
“Ah,” say the believers,“but there is a consensus of scientists and learned societies.” That is the argumentum ad verecundiam, the reputation or appeal-to-authority fallacy. Merely because a group has a reputation, it may not deserve it; even if it deserves it, it may not be acting in accordance with it; and, even if it is, it may be wrong.
And you appear to be just another sheep.
You turn out to be WRONG.

Go back to hs.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#46546 May 7, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
"The rate of global warming is accelerating. Therefore it is caused by us." That is the fallacy of ignoratio elenchi, the red-herring fallacy. Even if global warming were accelerating, that would tell us nothing about whether we were to blame. The IPCC twice uses this fallacious argument in its 2007 Fourth Assessment Report. Even if its argument were not illogical, the warming rate is not increasing. The notion that it is accelerating was based on a statistical abuse that the IPCC has refused to correct.
Where do you get this stuff? The IPCC simply organizes the science community findings. But your probably would rather get your information from Inholfe, Anthony Watts or some other RW fringe denier. BTW, a few years is not enough to dispell global warming anyhow. It is probable with the emerging El Nino that we will see another upward spike in temperatures. Also the ocean is an enormous heat sink dwarfing the heat content of the atmosphere. Since the ocean is warming, as supported in the rising sea levels, it is obvious that the Earth is gaining heat. Sooner of later this will be evident as the ocean gives back some of the heat to the atmosphere. The emerging El Nino is one way this will become evident.

It is obvious that it is yours that is illogical.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#46548 May 7, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
http://www.washingtontimes.com /news/2014/mar/18/editorial-th e-inevitable-apocalypse/
with a track record like these clowns....are they surprised people doubt their bogus claims?
I'd say this is typical post from a flat earther, for one no journalist dared to put his/her name to the article. But reading is a dead give away, taxes and freedoms sprinkled all the way through. Which are the hallmarks of tea bagger thinking, so this article was cut n pasted from some rw blog or letter to the ed. It obviously was a slow news day and they filled a space with crap, lazy journalism. It sure as hell is no Watergate, but on par with a typical fox story on Benghazi where all the investigative journalism is done in their mind totally devoid of fact..

Location hidden

#46549 May 7, 2014
Here is an article that has names on it,
From New Scientist magazine:
"Wild weather is coming in 2014, with floods, storms and droughts expected around the Pacific, but little is being done to protect the people on the front line

THE weather is preparing to go wild, and will wreak havoc and death around the globe later this year. An El Niño, a splurge of warm water in the Pacific Ocean, is coming. It will unleash floods in the Americas, while South-East Asia and Australia face drought. Yet little is being done to address these consequences.

"The tropical climate system is primed for a big El Niño," says Axel Timmermann of the University of Hawaii in Honolulu (see diagram).

An El Niño begins when warm water near Indonesia spreads eastwards and rises to the surface of the Pacific. The warm water carries rain with it, so El Niño takes rain from Asia and Australia and dumps it on the Americas (see "Rising waters").

The effects can be deadly. A big El Niño in 1997-98 killed 20,000 people and caused almost $97 billion of damage."

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg2222968...
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#46550 May 7, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say this is typical post from a flat earther, for one no journalist dared to put his/her name to the article. But reading is a dead give away, taxes and freedoms sprinkled all the way through. Which are the hallmarks of tea bagger thinking, so this article was cut n pasted from some rw blog or letter to the ed. It obviously was a slow news day and they filled a space with crap, lazy journalism. It sure as hell is no Watergate, but on par with a typical fox story on Benghazi where all the investigative journalism is done in their mind totally devoid of fact..
What's your flavor, the Communist News Network or Main Stream Nazi Broadcast Channel where journalistic integrity has evaporated and is non-existent.Apparently fox is doing something right, they crush the competition.
litesong

Everett, WA

#46551 May 7, 2014
globs of AGW denier liar crap wrote:
STFU, I'm pooping here.
Sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars poop out sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier lies.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#46552 May 7, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars poop out sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier lies.
blah,blah blah blah blah,do you actually have anything credible to say?Pajama Boy
litesong

Everett, WA

#46553 May 7, 2014
litesong wrote:
//////////
"false farts" fluffed:
do you actually have anything credible to say?
//////////
litesong wrote:
All truth is credible. It is true that, sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars poop out sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier lies.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#46554 May 7, 2014
Truth Facts wrote:
<quoted text>What's your flavor, the Communist News Network or Main Stream Nazi Broadcast Channel where journalistic integrity has evaporated and is non-existent.Apparently fox is doing something right, they crush the competition.
More Whack-a-mole!

http://www.addictinggames.com/action-games/wh...
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#46555 May 7, 2014
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
//////////
"false farts" fluffed:
do you actually have anything credible to say?
//////////
litesong wrote:
All truth is credible. It is true that, sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars poop out sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier lies.
like I said,do you have anything credible to say? You can tell your one of the sheep.Your master Obozo flim flam liar n chief has you trained well.You nor he have zero credibility.
You have no absolute proof of the garbage that you spew from that pothole.Nor does your KING.
Let's look at some of your masters whopper lies:
Benghazi violence was caused by an internet video!
If you like your plan ,you can keep your plan!
Obozoscam will save families 2500 a year!
Not even a smidgen of corruption,yeah ok,the pope is coming to my house tomorrow!
The healthcare bill will not raise the deficit 1 dime!
We shouldn't mandate the purchase of healthcare!
Lies upon lies upon lies upon lies and your to ignorant to realize it.

You keep being the good little puppet there lifethong
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#46556 May 7, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
More Whack-a-mole!
http://www.addictinggames.com/action-games/wh...
Keeping up with your masters lies is exactly that,playing whack-a-mole!
Blonde coed

Fullerton, CA

#46557 May 7, 2014
How come when me and my bff go to the beach, I can't tell that the ocean is higher? It just goes in and out. Then in and out again. Over and over again.

Looks like it did when I was a kid.

I heard in school that the ocean level is higher, but I can't see it.

Any of you go to the beach? What's going on?
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#46558 May 7, 2014
Blonde coed wrote:
How come when me and my bff go to the beach, I can't tell that the ocean is higher? It just goes in and out. Then in and out again. Over and over again.
Looks like it did when I was a kid.
I heard in school that the ocean level is higher, but I can't see it.
Any of you go to the beach? What's going on?
Apparently you haven't been indoctrinated yet like lifethong and parrot bozo.
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!!!!
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#46559 May 7, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
A specific challenge on the science and of course mothballs runs away.
<quoted text>
The "science" of fudging numbers?

LOL

Your delusions of granduer are growing.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#46561 May 7, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
However, many people who took that early position now reject it including several prior member of the IPCC Science Team.
Go on, name some then.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#46562 May 7, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
The "science" of fudging numbers?
LOL
Your delusions of granduer are growing.
Fair Game wrote:
Were the data more accurate for *not* adjusting for changes in observation time, station location, or temperature instrumentation?
Run, rabbit, run rabbit, run, run, run...

Location hidden

#46563 May 7, 2014
Truth Facts wrote:
<quoted text>What's your flavor, the Communist News Network or Main Stream Nazi Broadcast Channel where journalistic integrity has evaporated and is non-existent.Apparently fox is doing something right, they crush the competition.
Aww what we do without the commies, poor ole Fox would have no talking points. Considering its a network marketed purely to appeal to the uninformed ignorant it has a niche market.
You know those same people who post in here never calling the President by his title but by every other racial undertone name they can think of.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#46564 May 7, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Run, rabbit, run rabbit, run, run, run...
Piss off troll boy.

For all the claims of "crisis" by you and your ilk, I've yet to see you hold any warmist accountable.

Is it a crisis or not?

Or is it only a crisis for some, but not for others?

A crisis of convenience?

Ooooo... that's ever so scary.

But you insist on prattling on about "science" -- never mind the reality that those claiming a crisis don't act like it is one.

Enjoy your double standards, hypocrite.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#46565 May 7, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww what we do without the commies, poor ole Fox would have no talking points. Considering its a network marketed purely to appeal to the uninformed ignorant it has a niche market.
You know those same people who post in here never calling the President by his title but by every other racial undertone name they can think of.
Another day... more bullshyt from the FOX NEWS SQUAWKER!

Some day you may grow up....

Location hidden

#46566 May 8, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Another day... more bullshyt from the FOX NEWS SQUAWKER!
Some day you may grow up....
And some day you might wise up! Not one of you have ever posted anything of credibility that even approaches a challenge to the brain cells. It's all about name calling and stone throwing, neither of which challenges the science. Do some homework and show us something where science actually challenges science instead of opinionated BS.

Here is what your President says about it:
http://nypost.com/2014/05/07/climate-change-a...

Now post a quick response telling us how he and all his advisors know nothing and they should listen to the flat earther's for the real story.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min sonicfilter 1,656,924
New Site on Jpusa CULT by Ex-Member 1 hr Wild 20
Film on Sex Crimes at Jesus People USA 1 hr Wild 36
Jon Trott of JPUSA protects child molestors 1 hr Wild 29
Trump is A 4 hr J Chill 162
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Las Cruces Retiree 243,089
Billionaire Swamp Club Special Interest and Min... 5 hr Sarah the Cow 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages