Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 46,675
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#46072 Apr 20, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
Shocked scientists told reporters that the Earth is cooling at a dramatic and alarming rate.
Global warming has been the subject of so many discussions in recent years, but scientists now say that the world is not warming, but instead is becoming cooler – by the day!
According to scientists from the Pulkovo Observatory in St.Petersburg, solar activity is decreasing significantly, so the average yearly temperature will decline at a rapid rate.
Scientists from Britain and the US are forecasting a 5-10 degree (Fahrenheit) drop in global temperatures – over the next five years!
“This is catastrophic for the planet,” said Dr. John Malley, the head of the U.N. Panel on Global Cooling.“The United Nations is issuing an alert to all the countries on the planet. The planet could very well freeze over entirely by 2100.”
Scientists predict that most major cities that are on the coast, will be frozen over in the next thirty years.“There’s nothing we can do to stop it. The sun is just not as powerful as it used to be,” said Dr. Malley.
Experts say that the Arctic ice is getting thicker by the day.“Even places like Jamaica will have an average daily temperature of only 40 degrees (Fahrenheit) within five years.”
Solar activity follows different cycles, including an 11-year cycle, a 90-year cycle and a 200-year cycle. Scientist predict that this “cold spell” will last 200-250 years and by that time, all life on earth will have been extinguished.
“We are in for a cooling period that lasts 200-250 years. The period of low solar activity won’t end until about 2275.”
The story seems to originate with Voice of Russia.

http://voiceofrussia.com/2013_04_22/Cooling-i...

I remember when Russian propaganda was derided in the US; now it seems to be welcomed by the US right.

Putin wants the Arctic gas, so the the Russian media, which he controls, says AGW is not a threat.

Just remember the Voice of Russia spent decades telling you democracy was a fraud and realise it is a propaganda tool.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#46073 Apr 20, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
"The Weekly World News!....... Many stories...... appeared to have comedic intent."
.......but not to sleazy slimy toxic topix AGW denier liars.

"the green troll"

#46074 Apr 20, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
Shocked scientists told reporters that the Earth is cooling at a dramatic and alarming rate.
Global warming has been the subject of so many discussions in recent years, but scientists now say that the world is not warming, but instead is becoming cooler – by the day!
According to scientists from the Pulkovo Observatory in St.Petersburg, solar activity is decreasing significantly, so the average yearly temperature will decline at a rapid rate.
Scientists from Britain and the US are forecasting a 5-10 degree (Fahrenheit) drop in global temperatures – over the next five years!
“This is catastrophic for the planet,” said Dr. John Malley, the head of the U.N. Panel on Global Cooling.“The United Nations is issuing an alert to all the countries on the planet. The planet could very well freeze over entirely by 2100.”
Scientists predict that most major cities that are on the coast, will be frozen over in the next thirty years.“There’s nothing we can do to stop it. The sun is just not as powerful as it used to be,” said Dr. Malley.
Experts say that the Arctic ice is getting thicker by the day.“Even places like Jamaica will have an average daily temperature of only 40 degrees (Fahrenheit) within five years.”
Solar activity follows different cycles, including an 11-year cycle, a 90-year cycle and a 200-year cycle. Scientist predict that this “cold spell” will last 200-250 years and by that time, all life on earth will have been extinguished.
“We are in for a cooling period that lasts 200-250 years. The period of low solar activity won’t end until about 2275.”
The question is, did you realise this was Russian propaganda reported by a trash tabloid, or were you stupid enough to think it was an accurate description of real science?

"the green troll"

#46075 Apr 20, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldn't make it up.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#46076 Apr 20, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
The story seems to originate with Voice of Russia.
http://voiceofrussia.com/2013_04_22/Cooling-i...
I remember when Russian propaganda was derided in the US; now it seems to be welcomed by the US right.
Putin wants the Arctic gas, so the the Russian media, which he controls, says AGW is not a threat.
Just remember the Voice of Russia spent decades telling you democracy was a fraud and realise it is a propaganda tool.
Russians, huh. Here, these ought to keep you busy for a while.

http://www.climatedepot.com/2013/06/15/forget...

Now don't skip over these, you might find some evidence of a conspiracy.
DDDD-25

Corona, CA

#46077 Apr 21, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that you are ignorant of how the scientific process works. Sounds like you are a radical Republican being led by the nose to benefit the fat cats. The Earth is warming. CO2 is a GHG. Burning fossil fuels increases the CO2 in the atmosphere. Try to understand that. BTW, I am a life long Republican but cannot be part of the radicalism that the Party promotes today. They are just wrong.
I see that you are ignorant of how the political system works as well as how the scientific process REALLY works. I know how peer review is supposed to work, but it no longer works because they are now ALL on the same payroll. Stray off the reservation and you are cut off. That's how it works now. I repeat: Anybody who believes that a politico believes more in doing the right thing for all parties concerned, than he does in lying unto his own death for the specific purpose of perpetual re-election, is a moron. A very, very special;, high power moron. One nearly as dense as the matter at the center of a black hole. A person so stupid, he thinks higher taxes are good thing. You really can't get more ignorant than that now, Can you? You should not have children.
DDDD-25

Corona, CA

#46078 Apr 21, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post but I would use the phrase "sustained theories" or "accepted theories" instead of "proven theories". However, those without scientific discipline have no tools to argue that this science or that science is only a conspiracy. They must get that information from vested interests or other tag along prejudices. How this elevated to a partisan issue portraits how one political party has accepted an attempt by those who believe they may suffer economic loss rather than solid scientific findings. Apparently they are so enamored with market forces that they put it above their responsibility to their constituents. The media is also lax in its reporting when they feed into this bias. They should be held to task for their partisan pandering.
Your whining about the term "proven" only highlights your failure to prove ANYTHING , and.... Accentuates that you are a failed , wanna be , "expert, You have no interest in facts, as they are derived from PROVEN axioms.. Deception be thy middle name.
DDDD-25

Corona, CA

#46079 Apr 21, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Another radical. Global warming is happening. The Earth is warming. CO2 is a GHG. Burning fossil fuels increases the CO2 in the atmosphere. What don't you understand?
Do you think this is a world wide conspiracy involving ALL the great scientific academies? Where do you get your information?
It is YOU that is Radical. Stupid, too.

"the green troll"

#46081 Apr 21, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Russians, huh. Here, these ought to keep you busy for a while.
http://www.climatedepot.com/2013/06/15/forget...
Now don't skip over these, you might find some evidence of a conspiracy.
Climate Depot cites Voice of Russia.

Revealing.

Both sites are full of lies only believed by the party faithful.

Authoritarians are the same whether teabaggers or totalitarians.

On AGW they are even sharing the same propaganda.

"the green troll"

#46082 Apr 21, 2014
DDDD-25 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is YOU that is Radical. Stupid, too.
DDDD-25 wrote:
What is it with you climate change fanatics? In the most arrogant way you possibly can, You put up these posts that berate ANYBODY with a point of view that is not 100% compliant with your own. " Uneducated",
"Moron", etc...
Hypocrite.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#46083 Apr 21, 2014
DDDD-25 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your whining about the term "proven" only highlights your failure to prove ANYTHING , and.... Accentuates that you are a failed , wanna be , "expert, You have no interest in facts, as they are derived from PROVEN axioms.. Deception be thy middle name.
That is the argument of the scientific illiterate. Scientific theories are not proven. Mathematicians provide proofs. Scientists simply find the best explanations from observations and logical applications. For example, prove that the theory that the universe is trending towards maximum entropy or prove the General Theory of Relativity.. They cannot be proven, but so far observations and application support the theories. Most scientific illiterates believe in absolutes but science deals in observation, experimental manipulation and logical application.

Even Einstein's theory of a static universe was shattered when Hubble discovered red shift in the spectra of objects in the universe. The current theory is that of the "Big Bang" but even that is under stress. Nope, scientific theories are not proven. They are simply accepted as the best explanation unless something comes along that disproves them. No one has disproved the theory of AGW as of this time.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#46084 Apr 21, 2014
charles in charge wrote:
<quoted text>
Link me to the similarities between your Rightie corporate crooks and carbon credits, fool. Or just admit you're lying desperately.
answer one question. What does a carbon credit produce besides an imaginary benefit? See the difference? Of course not.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#46085 Apr 21, 2014
charles in charge wrote:
<quoted text>
Laws against murder cause more murders, too. And traffic regulations mean more accidents.
And down is up, and up is down....LOL
that thought process does about completely cover the liberal mindset.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#46086 Apr 21, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Climate Depot cites Voice of Russia.
Revealing.
Both sites are full of lies only believed by the party faithful.
Authoritarians are the same whether teabaggers or totalitarians.
On AGW they are even sharing the same propaganda.
You religious fanatics really are all the same. Unbelievers or "deniers" are labeled, anathema. Any deviation from the written word is heresy. Not aligning one's self with your dogma is, in and of itself, a mortal sin, worthy of immediate imprisonment. Or so says some of your high priests.

We heretics are charged with the awesome responsibility of "saving" the planet. We doom our children to a life of heat charged drudgery, being pushed, inexorably, to tiny sweltering islands of humanity by the ever rising seas - unless we conform and, oh yeah, raise taxes. Follow the money.

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#46087 Apr 21, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Another radical. Global warming is happening. The Earth is warming. CO2 is a GHG. Burning fossil fuels increases the CO2 in the atmosphere. What don't you understand?
Do you think this is a world wide conspiracy involving ALL the great scientific academies? Where do you get your information?
Yeah yeah, "radical". You think you are soooo clever telling me burning wood leads to CO2. And eating meat really strains the eco system along with Ethanol-corn destroying virgin lands to make more ethanol for a zero-sum carbon exceeding gasolin.

I don't know about "conspiracy". The Global warming fascists are both to stupid and haughty to pull off something like that in an acceptable fashion. However, the entire scientific establishment is falling onto this like a hamster in a wheel. The consensus is staggering, superseding even Saddams election results. And the more normal people question this , the haugtier and nastier you people become.

So, if you care about "global warming" and carbon-credits, why don't you start with no meat, milk, eggs or honey, all combined contributing a lot to your daily excesses. This, along with driving a car. I don't eat any animal products, but Not because I believe in any of this crap. However, YOU as chief pontiff here, need to at least stop eating meat, you selfish, greedy, haughty double-standard tool.

(Of course, if you already are Vegan, give your car away and reduce electricity consumption by at least 95%. Lead by example for once and maybe someone will follow you by choice).
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#46088 Apr 21, 2014
DDDD-25 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that you are ignorant of how the political system works as well as how the scientific process REALLY works. I know how peer review is supposed to work, but it no longer works because they are now ALL on the same payroll. Stray off the reservation and you are cut off. That's how it works now. I repeat: Anybody who believes that a politico believes more in doing the right thing for all parties concerned, than he does in lying unto his own death for the specific purpose of perpetual re-election, is a moron. A very, very special;, high power moron. One nearly as dense as the matter at the center of a black hole. A person so stupid, he thinks higher taxes are good thing. You really can't get more ignorant than that now, Can you? You should not have children.
politics vs science

Assuming for a moment that climate scientists are right about their crisis predictions on global warming, should then those same scientists be deciding what to do about it? Would not those decisions better be made not by climate scientists but experts in public policy?

This is an extraordinary article that delves into that very issue.

>>I could go on about the consensus or lack thereof on other issues—the relationship between warming and extreme weather events, whether there have been significant changes in extreme weather events, etc.—but the point is I want the field of climate science to do that, so that we can think critically about it and ask questions.

What it shouldn’t be doing—but is—is telling us what political policies, namely fossil fuel policies, to adopt. The question of fossil fuel policy is an interdisciplinary one covering many fields that climate scientists are not experts on.

That means we need botanists to explain to us the potential benefits of increased CO2 in the air for plant growth. We need economists to share their knowledge about the consequences of more expensive energy if fossil fuels are restricted—and the capacity of human beings to adapt to climate change (man-made or not) over a period of decades. We need energy experts to tell us how far away solar, wind, and other alternatives are from providing the benefits of fossil fuels. We need geographers to share their knowledge on whether the climate has become more or less livable as we’ve used fossil fuels.

Having tried to get this information myself from these fields, I believe that if the state of knowledge and agreement in each field were objectively presented, we would conclude that the consequences of continuing to use large amounts of fossil fuels would be overwhelmingly positive to human life, and the consequences of restricting them would be overwhelmingly negative. But right now it’s hard for anyone to know what to conclude, because in today’s “consensus” statements, representatives of scientific fields neither explain the state of knowledge precisely, nor do they stick to their area of specialization.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexepstein/2014/...

I bet warmists will be quick to respond to those assertions on global warming and completely miss the gist of the argument... that "experts" opinions should be taken in their field of expertise, and that their expertise is limited to their fields.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#46089 Apr 21, 2014
Deniers are traitors to America and accomplices to mass murder to the rest of the world.

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#46090 Apr 21, 2014
Nope, so many of the leading "experts" in this field has proven themselves to be dishonest, less than forthright and incredibly arrogant and directly nasty.

We do not necessarily have to do something just because someone create a hype and a hoax. There is little if no dissent about this in academia and those who dare raise questions, can kiss their future careers goodbye. The globalist, corporate thugs and their "scientist" henchmen only is trying to stir up something out of nothing by aid of the UN, dictators in third world looking for more handouts and politicians looking for another way to tax people more.

So, "expert opinions" are just as worthless and Al Gore's opinions when they are so politically tainted as they remain. I also will not put up with the Champagne globalists telling me not to be allowed to do what all of them do, excelling in luxury, energy and what have you.

Hippocrates and the followers here are about as critical as a lamb to slaughter, IMHO
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#46091 Apr 21, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
Zealot say what?
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#46092 Apr 21, 2014
litesong wrote:
//////////
Fair Game wrote:
You couldn't make it up.
//////////
litesong wrote:
But, sleazy slimy toxic topix AGW denier liars make it up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min John Galt 1,110,428
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 13 min TRD 68,490
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 40 min Blwlgo 1,928
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) 53 min Weneedchange 154
Word (Dec '08) 54 min _Zoey_ 4,716
Amy 9-18 56 min PEllen 26
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 178,056
Amy 9-16 7 hr ralph 58
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr billyh 98,228
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search