Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.
Comments
42,881 - 42,900 of 46,375 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#46021 Apr 19, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
"lyin' brian" made mathematics errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES & 3000 TIMES. Then he stopped. Two years later, he made errors of 73 million TIMES, & 2.5+ trillion TIMES. He hasn't tried for a while, reflecting he never took science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
hey.....when you murder helpless birds with your pellet gun does it use co2 cartridges, dummy?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#46022 Apr 19, 2014
Drifting to sleep wrote:
Global warming is a money pit. Its where all the lobbyists can come together and agree, a new emerging market. Of course motor oil, and other toxic chemicals shouldn't be thrown into the water. I think at this point in time though we should allow drilling oil and be energy independent. The oil will get drilled someday, that's a friggin fact. I think now is the time for that.
Here you acknowledge that science tells you not to throw nasties into the water supply because it can upset the environment or more important make the water toxic. But the same science that tells you the pollution from fossil fuels is also harmful to the environment is about money not about the environment at all. Do you even begin to realize how stupid you sound
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#46023 Apr 19, 2014
ratdownthemiddledownwronggully wrote:
.....your pellet gun does it use co2 cartridges....?
If you invest in CO2 cartridges, you might make money.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#46029 Apr 19, 2014
charles in charge wrote:
<quoted text>
More hoo-ha. NO facts at all. Easily dismissed, with much laughter.
'I AM THE GREAT AND POwerFUL RITEDOWNTHEMIDDLE! FEAR ME! RESPECT MY CREDIBILITY!
LOL
all caps create create additional co2 emissions, didn't you know that, dog pecker gnat?

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#46030 Apr 19, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
If you invest in CO2 cartridges, you might make money.
not a bad idea. co2 is good....and one gets paid for the investment.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#46031 Apr 19, 2014
charles in charge wrote:
<quoted text>
One could argue that carbon credits are a "money pit" or an "emerging market," but to claim that warming ITSELF is those things is merely foolish.
Another question is why Righties, who worship capitalism and profit, oppose making money on carbon credits in the FIRST place?
Seems amazingly hypocritical.
because carbon credits are similar to a pyramid scheme. see bernie madoff, punk. or....enron. get the picture?
of course not.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#46032 Apr 19, 2014
charles in charge wrote:
<quoted text>
More amazingly disingenuous crapola from Topix' worst poster.
sit, lap dog, sit.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#46033 Apr 19, 2014
charles in charge wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only have you NEVER "stepped up to the table," you aren't tall enough, aren't smart enough, and don't even know where the table IS.
Put that in your thong, big-belly.:)
<yawn> are all your posts this mundane and unoriginal?

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#46034 Apr 19, 2014
charles in charge wrote:
<quoted text>
hey, mullet, you might just be giving litethong an erection! now you both have something to go play with besides a pellet gun.
it's a win win for you both.
bwaaahahahahaaa
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#46035 Apr 19, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you acknowledge that science tells you not to throw nasties into the water supply because it can upset the environment or more important make the water toxic. But the same science that tells you the pollution from fossil fuels is also harmful to the environment is about money not about the environment at all. Do you even begin to realize how stupid you sound
It's not the same science.

And for you not to know that shows just how stupid you are.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#46036 Apr 19, 2014
Drifting to sleep wrote:
Global warming is a money pit. Its where all the lobbyists can come together and agree, a new emerging market. Of course motor oil, and other toxic chemicals shouldn't be thrown into the water. I think at this point in time though we should allow drilling oil and be energy independent. The oil will get drilled someday, that's a friggin fact. I think now is the time for that.
Good post. It has the essentials: Truth, and good sense.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#46037 Apr 19, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>all caps create create additional co2 emissions, didn't you know that, dog pecker gnat?
As does Al Gore taking his snake oil road show to Hawaii.

Oh... but wait... he bought his carbon-credit indulgences to the sacred Church of Climate Scientology.

Now months after the latest IPCC gloom and doom report and it's business as usual, and only a "crisis" when convenient.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#46038 Apr 19, 2014
charles in charge wrote:
//////////
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" gushed:
sit, lap dog, sit.
.....giving litesong an erection!
/////////
litesong wrote:
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully"discovered "charles in charge" wasn't a lap dog, when "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" was torn asunder, parted from (its) genitals.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#46039 Apr 19, 2014
motheaten wrote:
Climate Scientology
Its funny when re-pubic-lick-uns pretend they have any functioning science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc from poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#46041 Apr 19, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not the same science.
And for you not to know that shows just how stupid you are.
Pehaps you could explain to us, how environmental science has credibilty and climate science doesn't. How do you make that judgement ??? Is it because when you pee in the snow & it turns yellow you figure that can't be good drinking water compared to what comes out of your car exhaust which is totally harmless according to your lot.Yet at the same time won't leave the car running with the garage door shut. Multiply that in the billions, then add all industry, and power generation and you still declare it of no impact. Right now the class is laughing at you!
Los Angeles

Fullerton, CA

#46042 Apr 19, 2014
It's quite clear. Fracking and nuclear: 2 good solutions
==========
UN climate chiefs have backed fracking as part of the solution to global warming – but warned that a massive expansion of green energy will be crucial to prevent devastating extremes of climate change.

In a report, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change found it was still just possible to limit the rise in average global temperatures to 3.6F (2C) by 2100, the level beyond which experts say the effects will be "dangerous".

The IPCC warns that sticking within the limit will be a "huge challenge", requiring urgent global action to transform energy, industry and transport systems to cut greenhouse gas emissions, which have been rising ever-faster despite policies supposed to tackle climate change.
The world must at least treble its use of green and low-carbon sources of power, such as solar farms, wind farms and nuclear reactors by 2050.

However, the report finds there is also a role for gas to replace much dirtier coal plants.

Ottmar Edenhofer, co-chair of the working group that drew up the report, said it was “quite clear” that shale gas – extracted through the controversial process of fracking -“can be very consistent with low carbon development and decarbonisation”.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#46044 Apr 19, 2014
los angeles wrote:
.....fracking as part of the solution to global warming ......
No, to the blind in Los Angeles.
//////////
Study Finds Methane Leaks 1,000 Times EPA Estimates During Marcellus Drilling
The first paper to directly measure methane plumes above shale gas drilling sites in Pennsylvania has recorded methane leaks far more powerful than government estimates. Methane is especially important because its global warming effects are at their strongest during the first 20 years after it enters the atmosphere - in other words, during the small window of time available for reducing emissions, desmogblog reports. Desmogblog
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#46046 Apr 20, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Pehaps you could explain to us, how environmental science has credibilty and climate science doesn't.
Actually, I was demonstrating how your ridiculous gross generalities trip you up once again.

I knew that my statement would bring you on back to thread to argue that two different sciences are now the same.

Do stop... you embarrass yourself.
Los Angeles

Fullerton, CA

#46047 Apr 20, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
No, to the blind in Los Angeles.
//////////
Study Finds Methane Leaks 1,000 Times EPA Estimates During Marcellus Drilling
The first paper to directly measure methane plumes above shale gas drilling sites in Pennsylvania has recorded methane leaks far more powerful than government estimates. Methane is especially important because its global warming effects are at their strongest during the first 20 years after it enters the atmosphere - in other words, during the small window of time available for reducing emissions, desmogblog reports. Desmogblog
More studies that prove government estimates are wildly inaccurate. I always suspected that was the case. Thanks!

Since: Dec 06

One of Paris nicest district

#46048 Apr 20, 2014
Los Angeles wrote:
It's quite clear. Fracking and nuclear: 2 good solutions
==========
UN climate chiefs have backed fracking as part of the solution to global warming – but warned that a massive expansion of green energy will be crucial to prevent devastating extremes of climate change.
In a report, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change found it was still just possible to limit the rise in average global temperatures to 3.6F (2C) by 2100, the level beyond which experts say the effects will be "dangerous".
The IPCC warns that sticking within the limit will be a "huge challenge", requiring urgent global action to transform energy, industry and transport systems to cut greenhouse gas emissions, which have been rising ever-faster despite policies supposed to tackle climate change.
The world must at least treble its use of green and low-carbon sources of power, such as solar farms, wind farms and nuclear reactors by 2050.
However, the report finds there is also a role for gas to replace much dirtier coal plants.
Ottmar Edenhofer, co-chair of the working group that drew up the report, said it was “quite clear” that shale gas – extracted through the controversial process of fracking -“can be very consistent with low carbon development and decarbonisation”.
The paradox is that turning to low GHG emitting energy may need much energy and subsequent GHG releases at first, thus we'll see rise of atmospheric CO2 rate for long years, a reason why I bet on more climatic disorder

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Stu Rumsfeld 1,101,341
HKN Record Label Need UpComing Artist Call_0803... 22 min mr innocent 1
Word (Dec '08) 53 min andet1987 4,664
Michelle Obama, f/k/a MICHAEL LAVAUGHN ROBINSON 1 hr FXX 3
Are ISIS and Obama in Cahoots??? 1 hr My Flowers 5
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Whiny1 4,683
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr I Hate You 49,487
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr LRS 177,520
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••