Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 60668 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

DDDD-25

Corona, CA

#45985 Apr 17, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>litethong is actually male...albeit with a strong effeminate side.
Could have, uh... DID fool me....

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#45986 Apr 17, 2014
DDDD-25 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you have NEVER watched a news broadcast for 5 minutes in your entire life. How could you not know That your head scientist's emails were hacked and exposed just 3 days prior to the climate summit little more than a year ago..... Do you live under a rock? The headlines in the newspaper read: "climate change fraud exposed"..... The details of the emails showed that the numbers did not support the warming theory, and it also exposed
the truth that they had been "fudging" the numbers to support their failed theory. I'm sorry pal. You are living a lie. Your "science" is not science. The only reason there are any scientists supporting the theory is that about 99% of all the money to support scientific studies is coming from the gov't, And the O'bummer administration wants to push it so they can RAISE YOUR TAXES YOU MORON. If you trust politicos to do what is right and good for the citizens, then you are probably so badly diseased that you can not be helped. My offer to wager still stands. If you take the wager, you WILL lose and you know it. Do something with your life that will not fall the hardest upon the backs of those who truly can not take much more. It is just a tax scam, and you know it.
Oh sorry you are one of those Mel Gibson wannbe's like in the movie Conspiracy theory. Only in this case it's the government and scientists plotting against us. Now it never occurs to you who might have had a motive to hack & why. Did they publish any of the 97% consensus that was contained in those emails. NOO! of course not, they were there searching for the points where they disagreed and you call this science. Your as much about science as Sarah Palin is to the anti gun lobby.
New York

Fullerton, CA

#45987 Apr 17, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>litethong is actually male...albeit with a strong effeminate side.
Wonder if she/he considered these alternative names:

Sweetlily
Nicescent
Fairmaiden
Gentlerain

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#45988 Apr 17, 2014
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
minorities & women are going to make re-pubic-lick-uns extinct.
//////////
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" gushed:
good luck making the starling extinct.
obama has deported more hispanics than any other potus. guess he wants to save the GOP...
//////////
litesong wrote:
You're more concerned, the starling will go extinct, than the re-pubic-lick-uns. Yeah, lots of people feel the same.
Pres. Obama is catering to the re-pubic--lick-uns, deporting Hispanics. Maybe the re-pubic-lick-uns HAVE figured out, that Hispanics will cause re-pubic-lick-uns to go extinct.
go murder some innocent birds tomorrow and think you matter. you'll still wake up being a minority group believing that a political party will somehow make your miserable life better and somehow make my life worse.

you are one warped individual.
litesong

Everett, WA

#45989 Apr 17, 2014
litesong wrote:
You're more concerned, the starling will go extinct, than the re-pubic-lick-uns. Yeah, lots of people feel the same.
//////////
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" gushed:
go murder some innocent birds....... a political party will somehow make..... my life worse.
//////////
litesong wrote:
Good that you care for birds more than a declining political party self-destructing.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#45990 Apr 17, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you agree that the 15+ invasive bird starlings I killed in one day was notable, as well as the 90+ in less than a year. & it was. Native birds became more numerous & even nested close to my hunting spots, knowing they were protected from the invasive starling. Also, a great increase in the different native bird species was noted. Thank you for your attention.
However, I wasn't as good as some pellet gunners who cleared their lands & lands of their neighbors, of invasive English sparrows by the score & more in a day. Their native birds also returned, even some of the larger really desirable native birds. Major, major improvements!
What happens when you are declared a invasive species.
DDDD-25

Corona, CA

#45991 Apr 18, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sorry you are one of those Mel Gibson wannbe's like in the movie Conspiracy theory. Only in this case it's the government and scientists plotting against us. Now it never occurs to you who might have had a motive to hack & why. Did they publish any of the 97% consensus that was contained in those emails. NOO! of course not, they were there searching for the points where they disagreed and you call this science. Your as much about science as Sarah Palin is to the anti gun lobby.
Let me start by saying I NEVER SAW THE MOVIE. Next, whatever some movie moron might have to say about ANYTHING is of no concern of mine and rightfully should be the concern of anybody with an IQ greater than their shoe size. I am not a "scientist" but I am a technologist, thank you very much. The scientists are not plotting against us. They are being blackmailed. By the fact of their dependency upon gov't money to do research. The gov't is not plotting against us. They are chasing the vote by depending upon morons like you, screaming at the top of your lungs capacity, " The sky is falling, The sky is falling". It takes a special kind of moron to believe ANYTHING they say. A politico does not care who they hurt, how much damage they do to the country. They sacrifice the lives of our soldiers for political gain. They are the most vile, immoral, wicked people on the planet, about the same as a child molester. You are the arch-typical gov't wanna be sycophant butt licker who will do or say anything to be accepted into a click that by nature is criminal, seeking to make cushy living off the back of people who actually work for a living. ANYBODY who does not care that the policy they support will lead to crushing taxation and in the end will do nothing to bring about a positive result, one that actually does something whereby the citizens actually benefit and the effects are positive, is a very special high power moron. Relax pal. it's not the end of the world. It's a tax scam. And YOU are a legitimate masochistic victim of your own ignorant stupidity.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45992 Apr 18, 2014
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:

litesong wrote:
Good that you care for birds more than a declining political party self-destructing.
if a political party self destructs it is from there own doing. you just take the lives of innocent birds.
if you kill it...eat it, punk.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#45993 Apr 18, 2014
DDDD-25 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me start by saying I NEVER SAW THE MOVIE. Next, whatever some movie moron might have to say about ANYTHING is of no concern of mine and rightfully should be the concern of anybody with an IQ greater than their shoe size. I am not a "scientist" but I am a technologist, thank you very much. The scientists are not plotting against us. They are being blackmailed. By the fact of their dependency upon gov't money to do research. The gov't is not plotting against us. They are chasing the vote by depending upon morons like you, screaming at the top of your lungs capacity, " The sky is falling, The sky is falling". It takes a special kind of moron to believe ANYTHING they say. A politico does not care who they hurt, how much damage they do to the country. They sacrifice the lives of our soldiers for political gain. They are the most vile, immoral, wicked people on the planet, about the same as a child molester. You are the arch-typical gov't wanna be sycophant butt licker who will do or say anything to be accepted into a click that by nature is criminal, seeking to make cushy living off the back of people who actually work for a living. ANYBODY who does not care that the policy they support will lead to crushing taxation and in the end will do nothing to bring about a positive result, one that actually does something whereby the citizens actually benefit and the effects are positive, is a very special high power moron. Relax pal. it's not the end of the world. It's a tax scam. And YOU are a legitimate masochistic victim of your own ignorant stupidity.
I see that you are ignorant of how the scientific process works. Sounds like you are a radical Republican being led by the nose to benefit the fat cats. The Earth is warming. CO2 is a GHG. Burning fossil fuels increases the CO2 in the atmosphere. Try to understand that. BTW, I am a life long Republican but cannot be part of the radicalism that the Party promotes today. They are just wrong.
litesong

Everett, WA

#45994 Apr 18, 2014
[QUOTE who="lewd, dated & hated"]What happens when you are declared a invasive species.[/QUOTE]

The euros & transplanted euros declared Native Tribes an invasive species, even tho it was the euros & transplanted euros who were the invasive sub-species.

“Every day, Improve..”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#45995 Apr 18, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that you are ignorant of how the scientific process works. Sounds like you are a radical Republican being led by the nose to benefit the fat cats. The Earth is warming. CO2 is a GHG. Burning fossil fuels increases the CO2 in the atmosphere. Try to understand that. BTW, I am a life long Republican but cannot be part of the radicalism that the Party promotes today. They are just wrong.
Republicans and Democrats (the establishment in both parties) are totally in agreement here. Create a phony hoax with CATASTROPHIC outcomes IF it is correct. Create phony policies based upon same hoax. The green corporations are mostly all liberals. Larger multi-national corporations are mostly whatever they have to be and move money too. Most of the huge liberal venture capitalists and money changers are in on this too.

Sounds to me like you are walking ahead of the two fat brothers who pretend there is a real political process. Democracy works just as bad whether we have a "moderate" Republican or a liberal ideologue like Holder around. All made to give more strife and division so we cannot question main picture.

Everything about global warming is fake, phone. Opposite of what they say and fundamentally illogical to most, if not all people. Well-educated and reasonable people all over the world get to hear the sneers and smirks from all the water-carriers for this thing, despite most carriers knowing nothing. Just being constantly nasty and rap everybody else no matter who they are or what they say is the daily work and bread of these people. Mullah Al and his flock would ship "deniers" to Federal prisons and re-education if they could get away with it. After all, the talk they fare with now is not far removed.

Sending all these people back to Davos, China, Middle East or wherever else they have their loyalty would be a better idea, wouldn't it? i am sure all these globalist capitals are totally "green"....

“Every day, Improve..”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#45996 Apr 18, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh what a clever lil coed you are, perhaps you share the ideas of the Bush Brain who sends the country to war to stimulate the economy now we can rely on global warming to do the same thing.
Chutzpah!!!

Are we still blaming Bush for wars after Obama has started quite a few on his own, wire-tapping the soul out of everybody, while his DNR is busy accepting waivers from windmill farmers so they can keep letting Bald Eagles get killed..

You libs are haughty, arrogant, absolutists who cannot face any scrutiny! Holder, Kerry, Sibelius and Obama himself represents you all to the core as I see it. Granted, the other side is not much better, but this time It was about you fools,,

Location hidden

#45997 Apr 18, 2014
VeganTiger wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans and Democrats (the establishment in both parties) are totally in agreement here. Create a phony hoax with CATASTROPHIC outcomes IF it is correct. Create phony policies based upon same hoax. The green corporations are mostly all liberals. Larger multi-national corporations are mostly whatever they have to be and move money too. Most of the huge liberal venture capitalists and money changers are in on this too.
Sounds to me like you are walking ahead of the two fat brothers who pretend there is a real political process. Democracy works just as bad whether we have a "moderate" Republican or a liberal ideologue like Holder around. All made to give more strife and division so we cannot question main picture.
Everything about global warming is fake, phone. Opposite of what they say and fundamentally illogical to most, if not all people. Well-educated and reasonable people all over the world get to hear the sneers and smirks from all the water-carriers for this thing, despite most carriers knowing nothing. Just being constantly nasty and rap everybody else no matter who they are or what they say is the daily work and bread of these people. Mullah Al and his flock would ship "deniers" to Federal prisons and re-education if they could get away with it. After all, the talk they fare with now is not far removed.
Sending all these people back to Davos, China, Middle East or wherever else they have their loyalty would be a better idea, wouldn't it? i am sure all these globalist capitals are totally "green"....
Another radical. Global warming is happening. The Earth is warming. CO2 is a GHG. Burning fossil fuels increases the CO2 in the atmosphere. What don't you understand?

Do you think this is a world wide conspiracy involving ALL the great scientific academies? Where do you get your information?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45998 Apr 18, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
The euros & transplanted euros declared Native Tribes an invasive species, even tho it was the euros & transplanted euros who were the invasive sub-species.
you're an invasive species, but we tolerate you.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#45999 Apr 18, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
China emits more CO2 than the USA; is that the Republicans too?

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#46000 Apr 18, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Releasing CO2 ad lib, as you exhale or burn fossil fuel, isn't an experiment.
That's just life, experiments are purposeful and controlled.
If you can't manage a field experiment at the scale of the planet, maybe start with a hemisphere or just a continent.
Ha ha ha, just start with a continental field experiment...
You're gone crazy, if not long been crazy yet

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#46001 Apr 18, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
China emits more CO2 than the USA
But very less per capita although China has become the world's workshop for lot of produces
http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/jrc/downloads/jrc_201...

Location hidden

#46002 Apr 18, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>China emits more CO2 than the USA; is that the Republicans too?
Global warming is not partisan. Republicans deny global warming more than others. What do Republicans or Democrats have to do with China???

You are rather weird......

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#46008 Apr 18, 2014
charles in charge wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is science, there's no "warming science."
Nowhere have I proclaimed myself a "genius." Nowhere have I said I'm "smarter than everyone."
And nowhere have you earned any credibility from ANYONE. Get bent, loser troll.
warming science IS pseudoscience. science follows the scientific method. warming science hasn't done that.

good....because you aren't!

and you're credible, mullet?

try again, dipstick......after you've had a week to think about it.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#46009 Apr 18, 2014
charles in charge wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...only partisans like you think it's partisan Brian. How pathetic.
why is climate change settled science, partisan idiot?

can you give the forum a pearl of wisdom??

i'm giving odds you'll fail miserably if you try!!

bwaaahahahahaa

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min USAsince1680 1,406,162
last post wins! (Apr '13) 6 min They cannot kill ... 1,270
News 15 Wounded In Tuesday Shootings Across Chicago 8 min Resident 4
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Lisa Steinbeizer 219,765
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr PEllen 103,167
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr GEORGIA 2,871
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr GEORGIA 6,573

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages