Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 51,516
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#45975 Apr 17, 2014
litesong wrote:
Glad you agree that the 15+ invasive bird starlings I killed in one day was notable, as well as the 90+ in less than a year. & it was. Native birds became more numerous & even nested close to my hunting spots, knowing they were protected from the invasive starling. Also, a great increase in the different native bird species was noted. Thank you for your attention.
However, I wasn't as good as some pellet gunners who cleared their lands & lands of their neighbors, of invasive English sparrows by the score & more in a day. Their native birds also returned, even some of the larger really desirable native birds. Major, major improvements!
//////////
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" gushed:
just like obama....i bet you hate hispanics.
//////////
litesong wrote:
Does President Obama pellet gun shoot, too? You consider hispanics an invasive species? In truth, minorities really have the euros & transplanted euros on the run. But re-pubic-lick-uns haven't figured out, that minorities & women are going to make re-pubic-lick-uns extinct.
DonPanic

Paris, France

#45976 Apr 17, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
No. we're not in my (or anyone else's) experiment, experiments are purposeful schemes to measurable change one variable then find a change in another variable. There's never been even an experiment measuring a predetermined emission or sequestration of greenhouse gas to or from the air, then measuring a consequent change in global levels.
Right now, the only experiment is releasing CO2 and some others GHG and we're in this experiment.
Trapping CO2 other than by biological means would necessitate energy, thus more warming.
Brian_G wrote:
Maybe we should wait for climate scientists to come up with field experiments before we buy into climate change mitigation?
Your so-called field experiment should be at the scale of the planet, maybe you just can't understand that.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#45977 Apr 17, 2014
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
Glad you agree that the 15+ invasive bird starlings I killed in one day was notable, as well as the 90+ in less than a year. & it was. Native birds became more numerous & even nested close to my hunting spots, knowing they were protected from the invasive starling. Also, a great increase in the different native bird species was noted. Thank you for your attention.
However, I wasn't as good as some pellet gunners who cleared their lands & lands of their neighbors, of invasive English sparrows by the score & more in a day. Their native birds also returned, even some of the larger really desirable native birds. Major, major improvements!
//////////
just like obama....i bet you hate hispanics.
//////////
litesong wrote:
Does President Obama pellet gun shoot, too? You consider hispanics an invasive species? In truth, minorities really have the euros & transplanted euros on the run. But re-pubic-lick-uns haven't figured out, that minorities & women are going to make re-pubic-lick-uns extinct.
good luck making the starling extinct.
why do you murder those who only want to live a good life?
obama has deported more hispanics than any other potus. guess he wants to save the GOP, huh?
limburger cheese sweety

Port Murray, NJ

#45978 Apr 17, 2014
KLAATO-BRADA-NIKTO I am SPARKO >>> GLOBALWARMING is A SPACE BOOGIE-MAN plan to ENSLAVE all HUMANS think that GLOBAL WARMING is the REAL THING.THE SMART HUMANS that know GLOBAL WARMING is a SHAM will enjoy PLANET EARTH after the pro-GLOBAL WARMING THINKERS are shipped off to PLANET ORK-NORKITE. it is TIME to FIRE UP THE GRILLand cook up some POLAR--BEAR STEAK'S...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#45979 Apr 17, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
Right now, the only experiment is releasing CO2 and some others GHG and we're in this experiment. Trapping CO2 other than by biological means would necessitate energy, thus more warming. Your so-called field experiment should be at the scale of the planet, maybe you just can't understand that.
Releasing CO2 ad lib, as you exhale or burn fossil fuel, isn't an experiment. That's just life, experiments are purposeful and controlled.

If you can't manage a field experiment at the scale of the planet, maybe start with a hemisphere or just a continent. You've got to start somewhere; there are no experimental tests of climate change mitigation.
DDDD-25

Corona, CA

#45981 Apr 17, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep making these stupid statements like prove to me there is a God. It's no different than being in a closed room with someone carrying a highly contagious disease. Would you prefer to be in that room or out of it ? That's the comparison to make, science tells you to sterilize and wear masks in a hospital so no infection is passed on. I don't see any post discrediting any of that science, yet the same science tells you we are affecting the climate and you declare it BS. Why!!!! only because you don't understand it, which means every weather event is replicated in your mind for any given day. It doesn't matter that these disasters only occured 2 or 3 times in your lifetime you want to remember it as thou it was last week. Now as each weather even comes up, you will keep going back 20 yrs, then 10, then 5 then 2 until you come to realize $hit this is not normal and by then it will be too late!
I guess you have NEVER watched a news broadcast for 5 minutes in your entire life. How could you not know That your head scientist's emails were hacked and exposed just 3 days prior to the climate summit little more than a year ago..... Do you live under a rock? The headlines in the newspaper read: "climate change fraud exposed"..... The details of the emails showed that the numbers did not support the warming theory, and it also exposed
the truth that they had been "fudging" the numbers to support their failed theory. I'm sorry pal. You are living a lie. Your "science" is not science. The only reason there are any scientists supporting the theory is that about 99% of all the money to support scientific studies is coming from the gov't, And the O'bummer administration wants to push it so they can RAISE YOUR TAXES YOU MORON. If you trust politicos to do what is right and good for the citizens, then you are probably so badly diseased that you can not be helped. My offer to wager still stands. If you take the wager, you WILL lose and you know it. Do something with your life that will not fall the hardest upon the backs of those who truly can not take much more. It is just a tax scam, and you know it.
DDDD-25

Corona, CA

#45982 Apr 17, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you notice.......
Ice Age...... Ice Age...... any sleazy slimy toxic topix AGW denier liars call out an Ice Age?
Within months of the low amount of Arctic sea ice in 2012, lowest in 32 years, sleazy slimy toxic topix AGW denier liars reported that the Arctic sea ice had "recovered by 60%, & the Arctic was plunging into an ice age. Later, sleazy slimy toxic topix AGW denier liars reduced the amount of recovered Arctic sea ice to 50%. Later yet, sleazy slimy toxic topix AGW denier liars reduced the amount of recovered Arctic sea ice to 35%. Using proper comparisons AND Arctic sea ice VOLUME, Arctic sea ice VOLUME never was higher than 15% compared to recent years' average. By the end of 2013(remember the year of the returning ice age?), Arctic sea ice VOLUME was only 3% greater than normal recent years.
Presently........
Arctic sea ice VOLUME, as of April 1, 2014 is 1% lower than that of the "2010-to-current" time range. Average Arctic sea ice VOLUME for April 1, for the period 1980-89, was ~30,200 cubic kilometers. Present April 1, 2014 sea ice VOLUME is ~22,700 cubic kilometers,~7500 cubic kilometers less than the 1980-89 period for April 1.
Ice Age......Ice Age.........
Considerations of Arctic sea ice VOLUME show the uncontrolled plummet of sea ice, desired by unscientific toxic topix AGW deniers, who mostly have no or little mathematical or science background.
I've been reading your posts. I bet you are one really cheap 2 bit skank, Eh? You've probably been married 10 times and yet you are probably single again because they all killed themselves. Like lemmings over the cliff, they mate one time then commit mass suicide. Hell, you are so bad, just 1 guy could commit mass suicide as he discovered that he was married 2 you.... HEHE. I bet you could make an onion cry.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#45983 Apr 17, 2014
DDDD-25 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been reading your posts. I bet you are one really cheap 2 bit skank, Eh? You've probably been married 10 times and yet you are probably single again because they all killed themselves. Like lemmings over the cliff, they mate one time then commit mass suicide. Hell, you are so bad, just 1 guy could commit mass suicide as he discovered that he was married 2 you.... HEHE. I bet you could make an onion cry.
litethong is actually male...albeit with a strong effeminate side.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#45984 Apr 17, 2014
litesong wrote:
minorities & women are going to make re-pubic-lick-uns extinct.
//////////

obama has deported more hispanics than any other potus. guess he wants to save the GOP...
//////////
litesong wrote:
You're more concerned, the starling will go extinct, than the re-pubic-lick-uns. Yeah, lots of people feel the same.

Pres. Obama is catering to the re-pubic--lick-uns, deporting Hispanics. Maybe the re-pubic-lick-uns HAVE figured out, that Hispanics will cause re-pubic-lick-uns to go extinct.
DDDD-25

Corona, CA

#45985 Apr 17, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>litethong is actually male...albeit with a strong effeminate side.
Could have, uh... DID fool me....

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#45986 Apr 17, 2014
DDDD-25 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you have NEVER watched a news broadcast for 5 minutes in your entire life. How could you not know That your head scientist's emails were hacked and exposed just 3 days prior to the climate summit little more than a year ago..... Do you live under a rock? The headlines in the newspaper read: "climate change fraud exposed"..... The details of the emails showed that the numbers did not support the warming theory, and it also exposed
the truth that they had been "fudging" the numbers to support their failed theory. I'm sorry pal. You are living a lie. Your "science" is not science. The only reason there are any scientists supporting the theory is that about 99% of all the money to support scientific studies is coming from the gov't, And the O'bummer administration wants to push it so they can RAISE YOUR TAXES YOU MORON. If you trust politicos to do what is right and good for the citizens, then you are probably so badly diseased that you can not be helped. My offer to wager still stands. If you take the wager, you WILL lose and you know it. Do something with your life that will not fall the hardest upon the backs of those who truly can not take much more. It is just a tax scam, and you know it.
Oh sorry you are one of those Mel Gibson wannbe's like in the movie Conspiracy theory. Only in this case it's the government and scientists plotting against us. Now it never occurs to you who might have had a motive to hack & why. Did they publish any of the 97% consensus that was contained in those emails. NOO! of course not, they were there searching for the points where they disagreed and you call this science. Your as much about science as Sarah Palin is to the anti gun lobby.
New York

Fullerton, CA

#45987 Apr 17, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>litethong is actually male...albeit with a strong effeminate side.
Wonder if she/he considered these alternative names:

Sweetlily
Nicescent
Fairmaiden
Gentlerain

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#45988 Apr 17, 2014
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
minorities & women are going to make re-pubic-lick-uns extinct.
//////////
obama has deported more hispanics than any other potus. guess he wants to save the GOP...
//////////
litesong wrote:
You're more concerned, the starling will go extinct, than the re-pubic-lick-uns. Yeah, lots of people feel the same.
Pres. Obama is catering to the re-pubic--lick-uns, deporting Hispanics. Maybe the re-pubic-lick-uns HAVE figured out, that Hispanics will cause re-pubic-lick-uns to go extinct.
go murder some innocent birds tomorrow and think you matter. you'll still wake up being a minority group believing that a political party will somehow make your miserable life better and somehow make my life worse.

you are one warped individual.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#45989 Apr 17, 2014
litesong wrote:
//////////
go murder some innocent birds....... a political party will somehow make..... my life worse.
//////////
litesong wrote:
Good that you care for birds more than a declining political party self-destructing.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#45990 Apr 17, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
What happens when you are declared a invasive species.
DDDD-25

Corona, CA

#45991 Apr 18, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sorry you are one of those Mel Gibson wannbe's like in the movie Conspiracy theory. Only in this case it's the government and scientists plotting against us. Now it never occurs to you who might have had a motive to hack & why. Did they publish any of the 97% consensus that was contained in those emails. NOO! of course not, they were there searching for the points where they disagreed and you call this science. Your as much about science as Sarah Palin is to the anti gun lobby.
Let me start by saying I NEVER SAW THE MOVIE. Next, whatever some movie moron might have to say about ANYTHING is of no concern of mine and rightfully should be the concern of anybody with an IQ greater than their shoe size. I am not a "scientist" but I am a technologist, thank you very much. The scientists are not plotting against us. They are being blackmailed. By the fact of their dependency upon gov't money to do research. The gov't is not plotting against us. They are chasing the vote by depending upon morons like you, screaming at the top of your lungs capacity, " The sky is falling, The sky is falling". It takes a special kind of moron to believe ANYTHING they say. A politico does not care who they hurt, how much damage they do to the country. They sacrifice the lives of our soldiers for political gain. They are the most vile, immoral, wicked people on the planet, about the same as a child molester. You are the arch-typical gov't wanna be sycophant butt licker who will do or say anything to be accepted into a click that by nature is criminal, seeking to make cushy living off the back of people who actually work for a living. ANYBODY who does not care that the policy they support will lead to crushing taxation and in the end will do nothing to bring about a positive result, one that actually does something whereby the citizens actually benefit and the effects are positive, is a very special high power moron. Relax pal. it's not the end of the world. It's a tax scam. And YOU are a legitimate masochistic victim of your own ignorant stupidity.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#45992 Apr 18, 2014
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:

litesong wrote:
Good that you care for birds more than a declining political party self-destructing.
if a political party self destructs it is from there own doing. you just take the lives of innocent birds.
if you kill it...eat it, punk.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#45993 Apr 18, 2014
DDDD-25 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me start by saying I NEVER SAW THE MOVIE. Next, whatever some movie moron might have to say about ANYTHING is of no concern of mine and rightfully should be the concern of anybody with an IQ greater than their shoe size. I am not a "scientist" but I am a technologist, thank you very much. The scientists are not plotting against us. They are being blackmailed. By the fact of their dependency upon gov't money to do research. The gov't is not plotting against us. They are chasing the vote by depending upon morons like you, screaming at the top of your lungs capacity, " The sky is falling, The sky is falling". It takes a special kind of moron to believe ANYTHING they say. A politico does not care who they hurt, how much damage they do to the country. They sacrifice the lives of our soldiers for political gain. They are the most vile, immoral, wicked people on the planet, about the same as a child molester. You are the arch-typical gov't wanna be sycophant butt licker who will do or say anything to be accepted into a click that by nature is criminal, seeking to make cushy living off the back of people who actually work for a living. ANYBODY who does not care that the policy they support will lead to crushing taxation and in the end will do nothing to bring about a positive result, one that actually does something whereby the citizens actually benefit and the effects are positive, is a very special high power moron. Relax pal. it's not the end of the world. It's a tax scam. And YOU are a legitimate masochistic victim of your own ignorant stupidity.
I see that you are ignorant of how the scientific process works. Sounds like you are a radical Republican being led by the nose to benefit the fat cats. The Earth is warming. CO2 is a GHG. Burning fossil fuels increases the CO2 in the atmosphere. Try to understand that. BTW, I am a life long Republican but cannot be part of the radicalism that the Party promotes today. They are just wrong.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#45994 Apr 18, 2014
[QUOTE who="lewd, dated & hated"]What happens when you are declared a invasive species.[/QUOTE]

The euros & transplanted euros declared Native Tribes an invasive species, even tho it was the euros & transplanted euros who were the invasive sub-species.

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#45995 Apr 18, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that you are ignorant of how the scientific process works. Sounds like you are a radical Republican being led by the nose to benefit the fat cats. The Earth is warming. CO2 is a GHG. Burning fossil fuels increases the CO2 in the atmosphere. Try to understand that. BTW, I am a life long Republican but cannot be part of the radicalism that the Party promotes today. They are just wrong.
Republicans and Democrats (the establishment in both parties) are totally in agreement here. Create a phony hoax with CATASTROPHIC outcomes IF it is correct. Create phony policies based upon same hoax. The green corporations are mostly all liberals. Larger multi-national corporations are mostly whatever they have to be and move money too. Most of the huge liberal venture capitalists and money changers are in on this too.

Sounds to me like you are walking ahead of the two fat brothers who pretend there is a real political process. Democracy works just as bad whether we have a "moderate" Republican or a liberal ideologue like Holder around. All made to give more strife and division so we cannot question main picture.

Everything about global warming is fake, phone. Opposite of what they say and fundamentally illogical to most, if not all people. Well-educated and reasonable people all over the world get to hear the sneers and smirks from all the water-carriers for this thing, despite most carriers knowing nothing. Just being constantly nasty and rap everybody else no matter who they are or what they say is the daily work and bread of these people. Mullah Al and his flock would ship "deniers" to Federal prisons and re-education if they could get away with it. After all, the talk they fare with now is not far removed.

Sending all these people back to Davos, China, Middle East or wherever else they have their loyalty would be a better idea, wouldn't it? i am sure all these globalist capitals are totally "green"....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,191,675
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min Rogue Scholar 05 184,989
abby03-03 1 hr Shari23 4
abby03-02-15 1 hr Mister Tonka 5
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr scirocco 69,123
Too close for comfort: February not likely to b... 2 hr jeffryUAFookinConMan 2
Drones and the ISIS wunnerful folks. 2 hr DonCMyersFookinLiar 9
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:21 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:21AM