Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 62295 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#45999 Apr 18, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
I see that you are ignorant of how the scientific process works. Sounds like you are a radical Republican being led by the nose to benefit the fat cats. The Earth is warming. CO2 is a GHG. Burning fossil fuels increases the CO2 in the atmosphere. Try to understand that. BTW, I am a life long Republican but cannot be part of the radicalism that the Party promotes today. They are just wrong.
China emits more CO2 than the USA; is that the Republicans too?

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#46000 Apr 18, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Releasing CO2 ad lib, as you exhale or burn fossil fuel, isn't an experiment.
That's just life, experiments are purposeful and controlled.
If you can't manage a field experiment at the scale of the planet, maybe start with a hemisphere or just a continent.
Ha ha ha, just start with a continental field experiment...
You're gone crazy, if not long been crazy yet

Charlie's

#46001 Apr 18, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
China emits more CO2 than the USA
But very less per capita although China has become the world's workshop for lot of produces
http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/jrc/downloads/jrc_201...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#46002 Apr 18, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>China emits more CO2 than the USA; is that the Republicans too?
Global warming is not partisan. Republicans deny global warming more than others. What do Republicans or Democrats have to do with China???

You are rather weird......

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#46008 Apr 18, 2014
charles in charge wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is science, there's no "warming science."
Nowhere have I proclaimed myself a "genius." Nowhere have I said I'm "smarter than everyone."
And nowhere have you earned any credibility from ANYONE. Get bent, loser troll.
warming science IS pseudoscience. science follows the scientific method. warming science hasn't done that.

good....because you aren't!

and you're credible, mullet?

try again, dipstick......after you've had a week to think about it.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#46009 Apr 18, 2014
charles in charge wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...only partisans like you think it's partisan Brian. How pathetic.
why is climate change settled science, partisan idiot?

can you give the forum a pearl of wisdom??

i'm giving odds you'll fail miserably if you try!!

bwaaahahahahaa
litesong

Everett, WA

#46012 Apr 18, 2014
vegetable pussy cat wrote:
re-pubic-lick-uns and Democrats are totally in agreement here..
You lie.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/161714/republican-...
litesong

Everett, WA

#46013 Apr 18, 2014
[QUOTE who="lyin' brian"]communist china emits more CO2 than the USA; is that the re-pubic-lick uns, too?[/QUOTE]

You know it is. re-pubic-lick uns sent American jobs to communist china. re-pubic-lick uns sent American industry to communist china. re-pubic-lick uns sent American pollution to communist china.

We also know education never sent to "lyin' brian", a high school DEE-plooomaa, with science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc. We also know that "lyin' brian" sent errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 3000 TIMES, 73 million TIMES, & 2.5+ trillion TIMES, proudly onto toxic topix AGW threads.
Drifting to sleep

Fairfield, CA

#46014 Apr 19, 2014
Global warming is a money pit. Its where all the lobbyists can come together and agree, a new emerging market. Of course motor oil, and other toxic chemicals shouldn't be thrown into the water. I think at this point in time though we should allow drilling oil and be energy independent. The oil will get drilled someday, that's a friggin fact. I think now is the time for that.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#46015 Apr 19, 2014
charles in charge wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again the troll rants....and everyone laughs. LOL!
at you, chuck.
If you can't bring anything to the table....don't bother stepping up to it.

You're the dim bulb, huh? Oh wait ! Lite thong still holds that position. You'll have to wait!!

Charlie's

#46016 Apr 19, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
First, I'd ask for an experiment,
You ask for a climate change experiment, why don't you ask for a continental drift experiment?
You ask for a climate change experiment, why don't you ask an Universe expansion experiment?
Who pretended to have made continental drift experiments ?
Who pretended to have made Universe expansion experiments ?
Therefore you must claim that neither continental drift nor Universe expansion are scientific issues.
litesong

Everett, WA

#46018 Apr 19, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
You ask for a climate change experiment, why don't you ask for a continental drift experiment?You ask for a climate change experiment, why don't you ask an Universe expansion experiment?
"lyin' brian" made mathematics errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES & 3000 TIMES. Then he stopped. Two years later, he made errors of 73 million TIMES, & 2.5+ trillion TIMES. He hasn't tried for a while, reflecting he never took science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#46019 Apr 19, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
You ask for a climate change experiment, why don't you ask for a continental drift experiment?
We have populist politicians advocating climate change mitigation, none advocating continental drift mitigation.

DonPanic wrote:
You ask for a climate change experiment, why don't you ask an Universe expansion experiment?
We have crony capitalists advocating climate change mitigation, none advocating Universe expansion mitigation.

DonPanic wrote:
Who pretended to have made continental drift experiments ? Who pretended to have made Universe expansion experiments ? Therefore you must claim that neither continental drift nor Universe expansion are scientific issues.
The Michelson–Morley experiment didn't indicate man made change; if it did we'd need further experiments to measure how much and if it caused more harm than good. No use basing science on false data; man is less significant than the Sun and Earth.
THE GREEN SCHEME BY REID

Dover, OH

#46020 Apr 19, 2014
Unreported is that First Solar LLC a Tempe AZ based enterprise has a number of "contracts" to put wind or solar plants on Nevada and California federal land. So far they have received $3 billion from DOE, support from Harry Reid and surprise surprise.....the investors in First Solar are Al Gore, Goldman Sachs, Ted Turner, and Clinton Climate and Obama fund raising hacks and allies. Rory Reid (Senators son) is the attorney for the Chinese company ENN which initially targeted the BLM land south of Las Vegas near Bundy ranch for a $5,000,000,0000 solar plant. Luckily it was rejected. But that didn't stop them. BLM Director Kornze (a former policy advisor on Harry Reid's staff) put the Western Solar Project on fast forward...which means solar and wind projects will go on federal land somewhere, with federal $ support. In other words, taxpayers will underwrite these projects even if they fail....and the investors will walk away without a loss.

Several business publications have written about the tenuous financial condition of First Solar LLC which has sucked up federal money faster than the MSM cozies up to Obama.

The "green sector" coalition seems to be more interested in making money off federal contracts, building on federal lands and not concerned about desert tortoise, snail darter, delta fish, water deprived CA farmers or waste of taxpayer green money of loser "green" projects.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#46021 Apr 19, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
"lyin' brian" made mathematics errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES & 3000 TIMES. Then he stopped. Two years later, he made errors of 73 million TIMES, & 2.5+ trillion TIMES. He hasn't tried for a while, reflecting he never took science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
hey.....when you murder helpless birds with your pellet gun does it use co2 cartridges, dummy?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#46022 Apr 19, 2014
Drifting to sleep wrote:
Global warming is a money pit. Its where all the lobbyists can come together and agree, a new emerging market. Of course motor oil, and other toxic chemicals shouldn't be thrown into the water. I think at this point in time though we should allow drilling oil and be energy independent. The oil will get drilled someday, that's a friggin fact. I think now is the time for that.
Here you acknowledge that science tells you not to throw nasties into the water supply because it can upset the environment or more important make the water toxic. But the same science that tells you the pollution from fossil fuels is also harmful to the environment is about money not about the environment at all. Do you even begin to realize how stupid you sound
litesong

Everett, WA

#46023 Apr 19, 2014
ratdownthemiddledownwronggully wrote:
.....your pellet gun does it use co2 cartridges....?
If you invest in CO2 cartridges, you might make money.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#46029 Apr 19, 2014
charles in charge wrote:
<quoted text>
More hoo-ha. NO facts at all. Easily dismissed, with much laughter.
'I AM THE GREAT AND POwerFUL RITEDOWNTHEMIDDLE! FEAR ME! RESPECT MY CREDIBILITY!
LOL
all caps create create additional co2 emissions, didn't you know that, dog pecker gnat?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#46030 Apr 19, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
If you invest in CO2 cartridges, you might make money.
not a bad idea. co2 is good....and one gets paid for the investment.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#46031 Apr 19, 2014
charles in charge wrote:
<quoted text>
One could argue that carbon credits are a "money pit" or an "emerging market," but to claim that warming ITSELF is those things is merely foolish.
Another question is why Righties, who worship capitalism and profit, oppose making money on carbon credits in the FIRST place?
Seems amazingly hypocritical.
because carbon credits are similar to a pyramid scheme. see bernie madoff, punk. or....enron. get the picture?
of course not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Aquarius-WY 1,457,481
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 25 min TRD 71,229
last post wins! (Dec '10) 33 min honeymylove 2,737
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 34 min Go Blue Forever 104,485
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 47 min honeymylove 2,270
last post wins! (Apr '13) 53 min honeymylove 1,951
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 230,900

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages