Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 47,501
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#45842 Apr 11, 2014
little litethong and little dem have two things in common.
1. when they get frustrated....they go on post rants.
2. they can't defend their positions in a cogent manner.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#45843 Apr 11, 2014
Slash wrote:
<quoted text>

This is fkn hilarious.
yes, it is mindless troll.

are you and litesong engaged yet?

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#45844 Apr 11, 2014
Slash wrote:
Lol
my sentiments exactly, poor bener.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#45845 Apr 11, 2014
Slash wrote:
Name the time and place again. Then pussccee out again.
Pussscccee!
any place....any time. i guess it will be in illinois since you can't afford much more than a commuter ticket.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#45846 Apr 11, 2014
LITESONG!!!!! I'll try for as long as I can to keep "dem" aka "slash" aka whatever here , okay???

I think you two have a lot in common....low IQ and all.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#45847 Apr 11, 2014
.....but i gotta check out for now. alumni weekend, spring game. and a great baseball series going on at one of the outstanding universities i was degreed from.

taa taa.

put some vaseline on dems rear......he had a HARD week. but.....he is so willing!
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#45848 Apr 11, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
little litethong and little dem....
Your defense of what you purposefully & erroneously call a typo is..........extensive.

"The lady doth protest too much....."
Mothra

Mesa, AZ

#45853 Apr 12, 2014
charles in charge wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll stop there, because literally every single thing you say here is a LIE. You need to be called on this nonsense, not because anyone takes you remotely seriuously, but because you LIE and misinform others with false, unsupported, abusive, biased claims.
Not one "study," "report," "prediction," or anything else has remotely proven anything to do with global warming to be "trumped up."
Not one
And I'm calling you out on your lies, beeeyotch.
waa-waa-waa another warminst has a snit.

No matter, you're not unique in that.

Just the same, a "lie" is a willful attempt to deceive, which does not apply.

"abusive" claims?

LOL -- now I know you're just a child trying to find "big" word to sound important.

Run along... have a seat next to litesong and watch some Spongebob.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#45854 Apr 12, 2014
Mothra wrote:
Just the same, a "lie" is a willful attempt to deceive, which does not apply.
Well this was untrue: if it's not a wilful attempt to deceive, you'll no doubt want to concede that it is untrue.
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean "some" science, don't you?
New paper finds significant decreasing trend of Australian tropical cyclones
A paper published today in Atmospheric Science Letters finds "a significant decreasing trend in [Australian tropical cyclone] numbers at the 93–98% confidence level." The paper adds to many others finding cyclone and storm activity has decreased globally with warming, despite the opposite cries of alarmists.
http://hockeyschtick.blogspot.com/2014/04/new...
Damn that inconvenient science!
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Er... but the science actually predicted decreasing cyclone numbers:
5.9.1 Tropical cyclones
Similar to studies for other basins, Australian region studies indicate a likely increase in the proportion of the tropical cyclones in the more intense categories, but a possible decrease in the total number of cyclones.
Since that time there has been a growing number of studies using results from medium and high resolution global climate models. The results from these studies indicate a consistent signal of fewer tropical cyclones globally in a warmer climate (Knutson et al 2006)
http://climatechangeinaustralia.gov.au/docume...

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#45855 Apr 12, 2014
A good course for all deniers who lack the understanding of how climate works and mans influence on it. I guess that would cover all of them that post here:

“The basis of the course is understanding how the earth’s climate works. We spend the vast majority of the course learning about different aspects of the course and how that drives the climate, and then we talk in the last few weeks about what humans have done that have affected the climate,” Werne said.
For Werne, climate change is a “key factor that influences the lives of college students” who may be affected by limitations on food and water as a result of the crisis.
“A lot of the cities on coasts are affected by rising sea levels. It’s going to be a big issue,” Werne said.“It may become the dominant factor in the lives of students.”
He also added that without proper education, students can’t fully understand the impact of global warming.
“It’s a hideously complex thing,” Werne said.“If you don’t understand how it works at a fundamental level, you won’t know how our activities as humans affect it.”

http://www.pittnews.com/news/article_ccd1a496...
Mothra

Mesa, AZ

#45856 Apr 12, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
A good course for all deniers...
"deniers"?... no reason to read any further --.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#45857 Apr 12, 2014
motheaten wrote:
..."deniers"?... no reason to read any further --.
Since passing by science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in a poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa......no reason to read & reason any further.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#45858 Apr 12, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Well this was untrue: if it's not a wilful attempt to deceive, you'll no doubt want to concede that it is untrue.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Leaving a falsehood uncorrected is a wilful attempt to deceive.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#45859 Apr 13, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Your defense of what you purposefully & erroneously call a typo is..........extensive.
"The lady doth protest too much....."
lol....no one needs a defense against a mental midget like you, son.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#45860 Apr 13, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
...“It’s a hideously complex thing,”....
Chaotic too, that's why long term forecasts are impossible. Wait for the science to catch up to the hype; there's never been an experimental test of climate change mitigation published in a peer reviewed journal.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#45861 Apr 13, 2014
charles in charge wrote:
<quoted text>
NO one is as big of a troll as you are. Not on this thread, anyway.
why not stick around then and assume the perch, stupid. you must be jealous.....since that is all you aspire to do.

are you really as stupid as litethong? i thought he was one of a kind, but with you and dem.....that idiot box seems to be getting crowded.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#45862 Apr 13, 2014
litethong......what excuse did your wife use on this saturday night not to be home with you?
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#45863 Apr 13, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
A good course for all deniers.......
Since sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars already passed on science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc courses in poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas, sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars have to pass on any future science, mathematics, & educational attempts.
Mothra

Mesa, AZ

#45864 Apr 13, 2014
litesong wrote:
Here's an interesting post by a "litesong" of Everett, WA bragging about killing starlings with his "excellent pellet gun" -- sort of -- he ended up stabbing it in the chest with "with my sharp Shrade blade, nearly the width of his chest, plunged it into his chest & backbone".

He had to stab it twice.

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/how-...

Are you that same litesong?
Mothra

Mesa, AZ

#45865 Apr 13, 2014
Thought Police on Patrol

Two months ago, a petition bearing more than 110,000 signatures was delivered to the Washington Post demanding a ban on any article questioning global warming. The petition arrived the day before publication of my column, which consisted of precisely that heresy.

The column ran as usual. But I was gratified by the show of intolerance because it perfectly illustrated my argument that the Left is entering a new phase of ideological agitation — no longer trying to win the debate but stopping debate altogether, banishing from public discourse any and all opposition.

The proper word for that attitude is totalitarian. It declares certain controversies over and visits serious consequences — from social ostracism to vocational defenestration — upon those who refuse to be silenced.

Sometimes the word comes from on high, as when the president of the United States declares the science of global warming to be “settled.” Anyone who disagrees is then branded “anti-science.” And better still, a “denier”— a brilliantly chosen calumny meant to impute to the climate skeptic the opprobrium normally reserved for the hatemongers and crackpots who deny the Holocaust....

Long a staple of academia, the totalitarian impulse is spreading. What to do? Defend the dissenters, even if — perhaps, especially if — you disagree with their policy. It is — it was?— the American way.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/375544/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 min Mandela 68,673
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 21 min Yeah 1,127,283
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 47 min Hey U 50,660
Amy 10-24 2 hr RACE 16
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr _Zoey_ 4,800
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr WelbyMD 179,478
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 6 hr Wolverine33 654
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]