Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 58785 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#45756 Apr 10, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Despite 300 & 400 astronomy courses, physics courses are still required. I suspect you were at some business college that couldn't tell the difference between astronomy & physics & had either/or requirements.
Many physicists take astronomy courses, so they might more readily understand sub-atomic structures & forces due to their macro effects......& astronomers take physics courses so they can more readily understand stellar, galactic & even super galactic processes due to sub-atomic structures & forces.
you were talking about MD's. is your attention span that bad? is your wife's as bad? is that why she forgot about you?
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#45757 Apr 10, 2014
ratdownthemiddledownwronggully wrote:
you were talking about MD's.
You initially moved the subject to MD's. I detailed that potential MD's had taken science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in their well earned high school diplomas. Then, I gave details as to interactions between physicists & astronomers, interrelating & connecting their two POVs. Since I did that, you became lost, will not concede my points, & now try to move the conversation back to MD's....... which argument you lost previously.

Yeah, "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" loses, changes subjects, loses again, changes subjects again......... a mighty fine specimen of sleazy, slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars, who are often sleazy, slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45758 Apr 11, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
You initially moved the subject to MD's. I detailed that potential MD's had taken science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in their well earned high school diplomas. Then, I gave details as to interactions between physicists & astronomers, interrelating & connecting their two POVs. Since I did that, you became lost, will not concede my points, & now try to move the conversation back to MD's....... which argument you lost previously.
Yeah, "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" loses, changes subjects, loses again, changes subjects again......... a mighty fine specimen of sleazy, slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars, who are often sleazy, slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs.
//////////
litesong wrote:
Two sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars, "governer" & "motheaten" think medical PhD degrees come without science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas.

i correctly pointed out that many or most MD's probably never took astronomy. It isn't even allowed as a physics credit at many Med Schools.

you're delusional if you believe you've ever won an argument, too, son!

btw.....you never said what your field of study is/was or what type degree you've earned!! pretty revealing as to what school you went to. thanks for providing the 'institution' you went to!

[email protected]
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#45759 Apr 11, 2014
It(astronomy) isn't even allowed as a physics credit at many Med Schools.
A quote of "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" from another post.
"at many institutions astronomy is even accepted as a required physics related course".
//////////
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" is so confused by its subject changes, erroneous diversions & accusations, & argument losses, that it changes its mind....... no, that can't be. "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" is related to "lyin' brian" & dirtling, both who have no brains.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#45761 Apr 11, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
... and money serves the warmists who serve the agenda of "settled science", which of course is a bastardization of science itself.
Of course it is, you might ask the Australians that while the north & big food bowl producer braces for a CAT 5 super storm after experiencing the same thing just in 2011. Yeah it's all about the money and what could have been prevention cost vs repair costs. I wonder how the US will throw the dice next hurricane season.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-04-11/aust...

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45762 Apr 11, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
"at many institutions astronomy is even accepted as a required physics related course".
//////////
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" is so confused by its subject changes, erroneous diversions & accusations, & argument losses, that it changes its mind....... no, that can't be. "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" is related to "lyin' brian" & dirtling, both who have no brains.
no brains? How is it that we are still smarter than you?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45763 Apr 11, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it is, you might ask the Australians that while the north & big food bowl producer braces for a CAT 5 super storm after experiencing the same thing just in 2011. Yeah it's all about the money and what could have been prevention cost vs repair costs. I wonder how the US will throw the dice next hurricane season.
read your article again. The current storm is a cat 4. Trying to amp up the co2 intensity on your own?
Besides.....even if it was a 5... That's about average frequency for over the last century.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#45764 Apr 11, 2014
How is it that we are STILL smarter than you?
ratdownthemiddledownwronggully gushed:

//////////
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" is so confused by its subject changes, erroneous diversions & accusations, & argument losses, that it changes its mind....... no, that can't be.

"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" is STILL related to "lyin' brian" & dirtling, both who have no brains.
Mothra

Mesa, AZ

#45765 Apr 11, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean "some" science, don't you?

New paper finds significant decreasing trend of Australian tropical cyclones
A paper published today in Atmospheric Science Letters finds "a significant decreasing trend in [Australian tropical cyclone] numbers at the 9398% confidence level." The paper adds to many others finding cyclone and storm activity has decreased globally with warming, despite the opposite cries of alarmists.

http://hockeyschtick.blogspot.com/2014/04/new...

Damn that inconvenient science!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45767 Apr 11, 2014
Myles Kennedy wrote:
<quoted text>
And here I thought you were just an expert at molesting little boys you 5'7" 170lb pusssscceee
you thought?? that must be what tripped you up, paco.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45768 Apr 11, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
ratdownthemiddledownwronggully gushed:
//////////
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" is so confused by its subject changes, erroneous diversions & accusations, & argument losses, that it changes its mind....... no, that can't be.
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" is STILL related to "lyin' brian" & dirtling, both who have no brains.
did you catch me making a typo, son? do you feel good now?
psssst got ethanol???

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45771 Apr 11, 2014
Myles Kennedy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah you better put a pair of young boys pants in your mouth to shut you up before I make a bigger Pusscccee out if you.
shut up little mullet. you never back up your threats.

we all know the only thing a low IQ punk like you can do.

sqqqquuuuaaaawwwwkkkkk!

LOL....what an idiot.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45772 Apr 11, 2014
Myles Kennedy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a typo when you are as fkn dumb as you. It's called being an illiterate old man pussccee.
literacy and intelligence are foreign to your existence, paco.

who do you think you're fooling, mullet?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45773 Apr 11, 2014
Myles Kennedy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah you better put a pair of young boys pants in your mouth to shut you up before I make a bigger Pusscccee out if you.
all things are possible behind your keyboard, huh, paco?

you never seem to leave your keyboard to turn them into reality, though.

hmmmm.
Mothra

Mesa, AZ

#45776 Apr 11, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
I wonder if your new friend here has anything to say about the "settled science" of global warming, or whether he/she's just practicing for his/her next "debate" on the playground.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45778 Apr 11, 2014
Myles Kennedy wrote:
<quoted text>
The above Pusscceee once threatened me over the Internet. Yes folks the internet. I then gave him the opportunity to carry out that threat and he crawled up his own azzhole and hid for two years.
Yeah you're a real tough old man, pussccee.
"myles" aka "dem" aka "slash" wrote this morning on another thread:

I'd beat your azz in three minutes and send your lifeless little body back to your ex wife in a box. Her and her new husband can use you for a paper weight while he comes on those plastic ti ts you paid for like a chump, old man.

Now see for yourself "folks" who the internet pretend badazz really is.

bwaaaahahahahahahahhaaa

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45779 Apr 11, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if your new friend here has anything to say about the "settled science" of global warming, or whether he/she's just practicing for his/her next "debate" on the playground.
i don't know who you're talking about. perhaps you should ask them. or.....are you afraid you'll be overmatched with that poster, too?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45780 Apr 11, 2014
sorry....i thought you were another alias of dem, mothra!!!

LOL

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45781 Apr 11, 2014
Myles Kennedy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't debate topix tea bag scientist wannabes. I fk them up.
really?

you're so tough behind your keyboard, huh, non-debater master baiter!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45783 Apr 11, 2014
Myles Kennedy wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
The Pusscccee is flailing at everyone he's so upset.
come on, paco!!! don't give up so fast!! you might actually think of something clever eventually.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 11 min PEllen 8,077
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 12 min PEllen 2,250
Word (Dec '08) 14 min PEllen 5,976
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 15 min PEllen 101,726
Ask Amy 4-30-16 19 min PEllen 1
Abby 4-30-16 24 min PEllen 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 36 min Jacques Orleans 212,978
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages