Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 63942 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#45780 Apr 11, 2014
sorry....i thought you were another alias of dem, mothra!!!

LOL

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45781 Apr 11, 2014
Myles Kennedy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't debate topix tea bag scientist wannabes. I fk them up.
really?

you're so tough behind your keyboard, huh, non-debater master baiter!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45783 Apr 11, 2014
Myles Kennedy wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
The Pusscccee is flailing at everyone he's so upset.
come on, paco!!! don't give up so fast!! you might actually think of something clever eventually.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#45784 Apr 11, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>"myles" aka "dem" aka "slash" wrote this morning on another thread:
I'd beat your azz in three minutes and send your lifeless little body back to your ex wife in a box. Her and her new husband can use you for a paper weight while he comes on those plastic ti ts you paid for like a chump, old man.
Now see for yourself "folks" who the internet pretend badazz really is.
bwaaaahahahahahahahhaaa
Ahh... someone of such conviction that he/she needs to change his/her name so folks will listen to them anew.

Thanks for the tip.

But where are the warmists browbeating this troll to keep on topic, and you know... discuss the "science"?

I know, I know... like litesong he/she is another useful tool for the cause, so they're tolerated and defended.

Warmists are such phonies.

LOL
Blonde coed

Corona Del Mar, CA

#45785 Apr 11, 2014
Another beautiful day throughout America. The seas do not seem to be rising along the thousands of miles of coastline. The waves do come in but then they go out again.

No worries! Spring is here!

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#45786 Apr 11, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean "some" science, don't you?
New paper finds significant decreasing trend of Australian tropical cyclones
A paper published today in Atmospheric Science Letters finds "a significant decreasing trend in [Australian tropical cyclone] numbers at the 93–98% confidence level." The paper adds to many others finding cyclone and storm activity has decreased globally with warming, despite the opposite cries of alarmists.
http://hockeyschtick.blogspot.com/2014/04/new...
Damn that inconvenient science!
Er... but the science actually predicted decreasing cyclone numbers:

5.9.1 Tropical cyclones
Similar to studies for other basins, Australian region studies indicate a likely increase in the proportion of the tropical cyclones in the more intense categories, but a possible decrease in the total number of cyclones.

Since that time there has been a growing number of studies using results from medium and high resolution global climate models. The results from these studies indicate a consistent signal of fewer tropical cyclones globally in a warmer climate (Knutson et al 2006)

http://climatechangeinaustralia.gov.au/docume...

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#45787 Apr 11, 2014
"...a likely increase in the proportion of the tropical cyclones in the more intense categories..."

Tropical Cyclone Hits Australia As ‘One Of The Most Powerful Storms’ In ‘Living Memory’

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2014/04/11/3...

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#45788 Apr 11, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>read your article again. The current storm is a cat 4. Trying to amp up the co2 intensity on your own?
Besides.....even if it was a 5... That's about average frequency for over the last century.
If you were so confident about the frequency of these super storms world wide why not go into the insurance business. By your definition we talk up everything we post, so you could make a killing with no claims anywhere.
Blonde coed

Corona Del Mar, CA

#45789 Apr 11, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
"...a likely increase in the proportion of the tropical cyclones in the more intense categories..."
Tropical Cyclone Hits Australia As ‘One Of The Most Powerful Storms’ In ‘Living Memory’
http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2014/04/11/3...
Blonde coed calls Friday April 11, 2014 as one of the most pleasant days in Southern California in living memory. "I can't remember a nicer day, nor can any of my friends" the blonde coed was quoted as saying, as a bird flew by.
litesong

Everett, WA

#45790 Apr 11, 2014
Blonde coed wrote:
Another beautiful day throughout America.
'nother sleazy slimy steenkin' toxic topix AGW denier liar said the same thing. Soon thereafter , people were pummeled by damaging storms.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45792 Apr 11, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were so confident about the frequency of these super storms world wide why not go into the insurance business. By your definition we talk up everything we post, so you could make a killing with no claims anywhere.
i own some insurance stocks.....thanks for helping premiums we collect by perpetuating the hoax. EZ money.....it's like legalized stealing.

i may disagree with you, but i'll exploit your beliefs, too.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45793 Apr 11, 2014
Slash wrote:
<quoted text>
And you pussied out yet again.
you can do better in spite of your low IQ. just look at litethong....even that mullet is a better poster than you. and you've been trying for twice as long.

must be the chicago public school system, huh?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45794 Apr 11, 2014
these warmists really don't want another gas guzzling hypocrite here. they realize they have too many!

don't get bytch slapped by one of your "manly types". that would be the ultimate insult, huh paco?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45795 Apr 11, 2014
how many threats did you make today on topix that you'll never have the nads to back up?
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#45796 Apr 11, 2014
Blonde coed wrote:
<quoted text>
Blonde coed calls Friday April 11, 2014 as one of the most pleasant days in Southern California in living memory. "I can't remember a nicer day, nor can any of my friends" the blonde coed was quoted as saying, as a bird flew by.
Another beautiful warm sunny day in Ohio as well.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45799 Apr 11, 2014
Truth Facts wrote:
<quoted text>Another beautiful warm sunny day in Ohio as well.
Great to know you both had great days. Too bad some people only see the gloom and doom in life.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45803 Apr 11, 2014
Slash wrote:
<quoted text>
Except a pussccee like you don't stand a chance. All 170lbs. I bet your fat whor e wife weighs more than that.
let me guess.....you just got back from that seedy neighborhood tavern, right?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45804 Apr 11, 2014
Slash wrote:
<quoted text>
Irony? Right!
no, just honest. where did your life actually derail, son?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45805 Apr 11, 2014
Slash wrote:
Rightuptheasshole made threats he couldn't back up cause he's a Pusscceee. He's angry cause his wife kicked his scrawny azz to the curb. It's what happens to little tiny old pussccees after they spend 15k on ti ties.
worry about backing up your own threats, moron.

how many times are you going to change your story about my hot wife today?

i'd rather be able to spend $15k on fun bags than to only be able to brag about a $1500 vette!

don't envy my life, son......aspire to have it.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45813 Apr 11, 2014
Slash wrote:
<quoted text>
With your ex wife. I was whor ing her out.
a pretend pimp.....who is a beaner.

you can't even pretend to be believable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min JRB 1,579,418
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 min General Lee 105,233
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 hr Alyssa76 11,163
What's the real story about Charlottsville? 11 hr DT made Un blink 10
Trump Just Sux 13 hr Izzy Mentlyel 124
last post wins! (Dec '10) 14 hr They cannot kill ... 3,203
last post wins! (Apr '13) 14 hr They cannot kill ... 2,604

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance