Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 64003 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

litesong

Everett, WA

#45713 Apr 9, 2014
motheaten muffed:
Take your meds! I should have reminded you sooner.
//////////
litesong wrote:
"motheaten" thinks medical PhD degrees come without science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas.
//////////
"go fer no DEE-plooomaa" dashed:
litesong has lost his meds.
//////////
litesong wrote:
Two sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars, "governer" & "motheaten" think medical PhD degrees come without science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#45714 Apr 9, 2014
litesong wrote:
Well... what say we take a look at what litesong has said in the past....

This one's a doozy. As usual, litesong parsed someone's post and came up with a purely disgusting remark.

The original post, "Aw gee, if GW is caused by people, then why don't we get rid of ALL the liberals, and do away with all the hot air and CO2 put out of their mouths and save the world? I'll get a rope and find a tree, heck, let me get my guns. I need the target practice, if only I can get them to run and give me a moving target just for sport."

litesong's rewrite:

VN Vet wrote:
.... we get rid of ALL the liberals..... I'll get a rope and find a tree, heck, let me get my guns. I need the target practice, if only I can get them to run and give me a moving target just for sport.

And litesong's reply: After "VN Vet" ran out of blacks, it became an equal opportunity dispatcher.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...

litesong... warmist troll and racist.
(no LOL here... this is really disgusting)

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#45715 Apr 10, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Well... what say we take a look at what litesong has said in the past....
This one's a doozy. As usual, litesong parsed someone's post and came up with a purely disgusting remark.
The original post, "Aw gee, if GW is caused by people, then why don't we get rid of ALL the liberals, and do away with all the hot air and CO2 put out of their mouths and save the world? I'll get a rope and find a tree, heck, let me get my guns. I need the target practice, if only I can get them to run and give me a moving target just for sport."
litesong's rewrite:
VN Vet wrote:
.... we get rid of ALL the liberals..... I'll get a rope and find a tree, heck, let me get my guns. I need the target practice, if only I can get them to run and give me a moving target just for sport.
And litesong's reply: After "VN Vet" ran out of blacks, it became an equal opportunity dispatcher.
litesong... warmist troll and racist.
(no LOL here... this is really disgusting)
You criticise a post pointing out how vile another post is, but don't object to the vile post itself?

It's you who is disgusting, and a troll.

long may Litesong shine a light on your lack of humanity.
litesong

Everett, WA

#45716 Apr 10, 2014
ratdownthemiddledownwronggully wrote:
so...astronomy is required for medical degrees?
You're right. No medical doctor would ever, in any conceivable scenario, be interested in astronomy......just like doctors are never interested in mountain climbing. Once a doctor, always a doctor, & don' worra 'bout the rest.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#45717 Apr 10, 2014
Trolls like mothra and ritedownthemiddle want reality to conform with their simple minded world view, and they are enraged by anybody who points out that it doesn't and try to bully them into shutting up. This is the internet where they can only be inadequate psychopaths, but it's little surptise they tacitly approve posts threatening real violence, because in real life I have no doubt they are the thugs their frustrated aggression here suggests they are.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#45718 Apr 10, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
...there is virtually no debate among climate scientists: 97 percent now believe climate change is real and the warming is largely caused by human activity....
Do 97% of geologists believe earthquakes are caused by human activity? What human activity, dancing? Real and caused by man, but no experimental test shows how to mitigate climate change, how much is man made or how much harm (or good) it could do.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#45719 Apr 10, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
Trolls like mothra and ritedownthemiddle want reality to conform with their simple minded world view, and they are enraged by anybody who points out that it doesn't and try to bully them into shutting up. This is the internet where they can only be inadequate psychopaths, but it's little surptise they tacitly approve posts threatening real violence, because in real life I have no doubt they are the thugs their frustrated aggression here suggests they are.
Agree, even when a post is logical and makes sense, simple minds try to deal with it ignoring all complications that is a modern world. It goes across all issues from gun control, health care to climate. It's never the government looking for the best outcome for the majority, its all about taking away our personal freedom.
New York

United States

#45720 Apr 10, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
Koo koo.
DDDD-25

Corona, CA

#45721 Apr 10, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree, even when a post is logical and makes sense, simple minds try to deal with it ignoring all complications that is a modern world. It goes across all issues from gun control, health care to climate. It's never the government looking for the best outcome for the majority, its all about taking away our personal freedom.
If you think politicos have your best interest in mind when they make decisions that effect yours and all others lives, then it is you who has a simple mind. All climate change really is, is an attempt to hoist another tax burden on to the backs of the real heroes of the world , and those people are the taxpayers and the people specifically who run business, without them you ALL starve to death. And the people most adversely effected are the poorest among us, the ones who do the physical labor and get the least pay, The ones who go to bed at night hungry, the ones who can't afford health care insurance or a new highly efficient car. The working poor. But you don't give a rats azz, do you. Superman must save the world. Moron.

litesong

Everett, WA

#45722 Apr 10, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
You(motheaten) criticise a post pointing out how vile another post is, but don't object to the vile post itself?
Fair Game........Thanks for the stick-up! Its been my contention from the first months of my coming to toxic topix(always small letters), that a high percentage of sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars, have also been sleazy slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs AND alleged & proud threateners.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#45723 Apr 10, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
You criticise a post pointing out how vile another post is, but don't object to the vile post itself?
Another blast from the past....

A selection of FuGyou's best quotes:
-
"What else can one do with nitwits?"
"Excellent parody! You are a parody, right?"
"you are fruit loops"
"cuckoo! cuckoo!"
"living in fantasy land"
"You lie"
"More lies"
"you are undermining science by spreading disinformation"
"you are a conspiracy theorist"
"f*uck you"
"dumbfuck"
"show me the way to home"
"Tear you lazy arse away from talk radio,"
"Like the little pixies making camp fires in the clouds? "
"I doubt you'd know a fact if it bit you on the arse. "
"Because you're a slimy troll."
"And you're an a**holes"
"You can't- because you're full of shit. "
"retarded baboon"
"gibbering poop slinger deniers"
"That would be because you're too pig-ignorant to read the facts."
"Pond scum has more ethics."
"Deniers slander, lie and misrepresent."
"You're full of shit- all you do is throw turds in the hope that some might stick.
If one doesn't, you just pick it up and throw it again."
"A clueless dumbfuck can't be bothered to look at the graph?"
"Learn to spell the word first, fuckwit."
"McIntyre is a sneaky c*nt."
"I do condemn the little shits like you ..."
"Imbecile."
"And your problem is that you're an illiterate moron"
"You are talking out of your arse."
"Up yours, chum"
"Bollocks we have........"
"What a piece of shit you are. "
"That you're a lying hypocrite?"
"Too senile or drunk to remember what you posted yesterday?"
"Take a good look at yourselves- all you're holding is each other's dicks"
"You're a fraud, you old fart."
"you're just too dumb and ignorant to know it. "
"even if these two are not part of it and are just inadequate psychopaths.
"These are dumb, infantile, obnoxious troll trying to pull your strings- and trying to suffocate debate under a tide of stupidity."
"Don't feed the trolls too much- just kick them in the balls "
"Try looking at the video, fuckwit."
"You really are a fuckwit. "
"Sez the man with the fossil fuel industry's cock down his scrawny gullet."
"he still has the same vicious infantile mentality"

Warmists are such hypocrites. As shown over and over and over....
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#45724 Apr 10, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
And your credibility takes another hit.

You defend the 'stinking, piddling, diddling vile reprobate, ecetera' babbling of litesong, and accuse others of being bullying trolls?

Warmists are such phonies.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#45725 Apr 10, 2014
New Paper Corroborates the Solar-Cosmic Ray Theory of Climate

A paper published today in Environmental Research Letters corroborates the Svensmark cosmic ray theory of climate, whereby tiny 0.1% changes in solar activity are amplified via the effect on cosmic rays and cloud formation, which in turn may control global temperatures. The authors find cosmic ray variations due to changes over solar cycles may have as much as 10 times larger effect than previous studies have estimated. The paper also finds that a tiny 0.2C temperature increase increases the cosmic ray induced cloud condensation nuclei by around 50%, thus acting as a natural homeostatic mechanism.

According to the authors, "The effect of solar cycle perturbation on [cloud condensation nuclei] based on present study is generally higher than those reported in several previous studies, up to around one order of magnitude [10 times]...Our global simulations indicate that a decrease in ionization rate associated with galactic cosmic ray flux change from solar minimum to solar maximum reduces annual mean nucleation rates, number concentration of cloud condensation nuclei larger than 10 nm... by 6.8%, 1.36%...respectively. The inclusion of 0.2&#8201;°C temperature increase enhances the CCN [cloud condensation nuclei] solar cycle signals by around 50%."

As pointed out by Dr. Roy Spencer,

"The most obvious way for warming to be caused naturally is for small, natural fluctuations in the circulation patterns of the atmosphere and ocean to result in a 1% or 2% decrease in global cloud cover. Clouds are the Earth’s sunshade, and if cloud cover changes for any reason, you have global warming — or global cooling."

This new paper finds annual mean cloud nucleation rates may vary 6.8% over solar cycles, far more than the 1-2% change in global cloudiness required to change global temperature.

The solar-cosmic ray theory of climate is only one of many solar amplification mechanisms described in the scientific literature.

http://hockeyschtick.blogspot.com/2014/04/new...

For the slow readers, if solar rays control climate then it's a natural phenomena, and the 'CO2 end of the world industry' collapses.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#45726 Apr 10, 2014
New paper finds climate skeptical blogosphere is important source of expertise, reinterpretation, & scientific knowledge production

A paper published on April 5th in Global Environmental Change finds the climate skeptical blogosphere serves as an alternative network of scientific knowledge production, and “are key protagonists in a process of attempted expert knowledge de-legitimisation and contestation, acting not only as translators between scientific research and lay audiences, but, in their reinterpretation of existing climate science knowledge claims, are acting themselves as alternative public sites of expertise for a climate sceptical audience.”

According to the authors,“A network of 171 individual blogs is identified, with three blogs in particular found to be the most central: Climate Audit, JoNova and Watts Up With That. These blogs predominantly focus on the scientific element of the climate debate, providing either a direct scientifically-based challenge to mainstream climate science, or a critique of the conduct of the climate science system.

This overt scientific framing, as opposed to explicitly highlighting differences in values, politics, or ideological worldview, appears to be an important contributory factor in the positioning of the most central blogs.”

The abstract appears to be complimentary to the climate skeptic blogosphere as science-based sources of “expertise”,“scientific knowledge production”, and “reinterpretation”, as opposed to prior papers characterization of climate skeptic blogs as “deniers” of climate change and climate science.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/04/09/study-w...

A couple of interesting comments:

Down to Earth says:
Wow ! It almost reads like a targeting exercise. As in “…here’s the list of the main skeptical sites we go after.”
I’ve noticed a trend where if the AGW crowd can’t make an argument against the data , they attack the reseachers themselves. Claiming said researchers and reporters are, to quote : paid shills, trolls, Koch Bros. funded, Heartland advocates, or Big Energy mouthpieces.
It’s never a view that the data is debatable, but rather that theirs is the only viewpoint acceptable and how dare you question it.

Peter Miller says:
This paper misses the point.
Someone has to try and keep climate scientists honest, as they certainly are not going to police themselves. Heaven only knows how many times that has been demonstrated.
The likes of WUWT, Jo Nova and Climate Audit are loathed and despised by the Global Warming Industry, which does [not] like being called to account, audited or exposed for what it really is.
---

And momentarily the warmists here will chime in with their usual childish attacks.

LOL
litesong

Everett, WA

#45727 Apr 10, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
Just in case you missed it, especially moth and middle.
NBC's Ann Curry reports there is virtually no debate among climate scientists: 97 percent now believe climate change is real and the warming is largely caused by human activity. A year in the making, and less than a week after stunning predictions about the future from the influential Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, "Our Year of Extremes - Did Climate Change Just Hit Home?," takes viewers on a journey to the Arctic at the top of the world, to drought stricken regions in the American West, to the edge of rising seas in Florida, and into extreme weather events all over the globe.
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/04/07/nbc-h...
Several of the scientists' new theories are saying what I've been highlighting in toxic topix.
//////////
The AGW enhanced temperatures in the high Arctic have been rising for over a half century, such that presently, the high Arctic, over millions of square kilometers, hasn't had a temperature as low as the norm for almost 5 months. Over millions of square kilometers the temperature has been as high as 16degC(29degF) over normal. So much AGW enhanced energy is in the Arctic, that Arctic cold has easily been driven south to Canada & the U.S., all winter long & even longer.
The Canadian & U.S. winters have been so bad, that sleazy, slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars have to cheer(like cheerleaders?) over a 'nice spring day', altho AGW caused billions(trillions?) of dollars of economic loss during the winter. & we ain't even talkin 'bout Europe.
A little more exactly, the average temperature above the 80th parallel has been above its normal for ~140 days. Presently, it appears to be the longest time above its 50+ year average, recorded during that period. If anyone else can find a longer period in the last 50 years, please post. It is quite remarkable.
It is not coincidental that these AGW energy enhanced temperatures have forced cold Arctic air, due to darkness & no direct heat from the sun, to the south, causing major cold troubles for Canada & the U.S. this winter.
//////////
"drink the KKK-aid" added:
OK,
Thanks for that info.
Minneapolis is at the 45th lat. which is 'below' the 80th parallel.
Will places like Minnesota that are getting colder continue to get cold at this alarming rate?
//////////
litesong wrote:
The Arctic has been warming during fall, winter & early spring seasons for 50+ years of recorded temperatures. The scientists are now showing that the Polar Vortex is breaking down & at times forcing Arctic cold to the south in more time chunks. Possibly, the Polar Vortex is also sending AGW energy enhanced warm weather fronts more readily into the Arctic, which is forcing the Arctic cold to the south. Note: the Arctic AGW energy enhanced warm fronts pushing into the Arctic is occurring during the 6 months of North Pole darkness, which is getting no direct sunlight.

So, whether areas to the south, like central & eastern U.S.A. continue to get strong winter cooling on a continuing basis, depends on the complexity of the Polar Vortex & its ability to morph & send Arctic cold where it wants to. But, over half a century of powerful Arctic winter warming in DARKNESS, suggests such events are marked for the future.

You mention the 45th parallel. In truth, Arctic AGW energy enhanced warm fronts can force Arctic cold to the south much further. Arctic cold pushes to the southern U.S., to Mexico, & even to Central America! At other times, Arctic cold has been sent to southern China & even into India, or to Iran, Iraq, & even Northern Africa, where snow falls.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#45728 Apr 10, 2014
litesong wrote:
Did you take your meds today?

Didn't think so.

Farmington, MO

#45729 Apr 10, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
Just in case you missed it, especially moth and middle.

NBC's Ann Curry reports there is virtually no debate among climate scientists: 97 percent now believe climate change is real and the warming is largely caused by human activity. A year in the making, and less than a week after stunning predictions about the future from the influential Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, "Our Year of Extremes - Did Climate Change Just Hit Home?," takes viewers on a journey to the Arctic at the top of the world, to drought stricken regions in the American West, to the edge of rising seas in Florida, and into extreme weather events all over the globe.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/04/07/nbc-h...
Shit our winter was cold as hell we had a record cold winter
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#45730 Apr 10, 2014
4409 wrote:
<quoted text>
To warmists, that doesn't matter.

Cold winter... global warming
Warm winter... global warming
Cold summer... global warming
Hot summer ... global warming
More rain ..... global warming
Less rain .... global warming

Warmists have crafted 'global warming' to mean any weather event is more proof of global warming.... and they've got a study to prove it!
litesong

Everett, WA

#45731 Apr 10, 2014
4409 wrote:
Glad you didn't read the articles. Proves you had no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in a poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#45732 Apr 10, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. No medical doctor would ever, in any conceivable scenario, be interested in astronomy......just like doctors are never interested in mountain climbing. Once a doctor, always a doctor, & don' worra 'bout the rest.
i know i'm right! i know you're wrong AGAIN, too. why would you assume some MD's wouldn't be interested in astronomy?
you claimed that they needed it to earn a degree, dummy. at many institutions astronomy is even accepted as a required physics related course.

come on.....tell us.....how uneducated you actually are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Sweet Britches 1,619,284
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,640
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr loose cannon 242,782
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr SweLL GirL 11,432
last post wins! (Dec '10) 8 hr They cannot kill ... 3,205
NFL & George Soros in bed. 9 hr deadpool 12
News Apple's new flagship store an understated gem o... 9 hr peace thomas 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages