Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 57325 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#45567 Apr 8, 2014
There are no peer reviewed experimental tests of either man made global warming or climate change mitigation. That's how you can tell climate change mitigation is a hoax and man made catastrophic global warming is pseudoscience.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#45568 Apr 8, 2014
Some Bedtime reading for deniers.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-2...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#45569 Apr 8, 2014
Climate change mitigation can cause more harm than good, according to Oz's citation above:

"But a leaked draft of the UK report also says that the technology for carbon dioxide removal is untested at scale.

The authors warn that carbon removal systems may encounter resistance from the public - and if the policy goes wrong, it could damage forests and ecosystems."

We'll never know without experimental tests; wait for the science to catch up to the hype.

Bonne Terre, MO

#45572 Apr 8, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>4409 wrote, "<quoted text>
Do the research. The 911 was a inside job"

Conspiracist ideation in the blogosphere

http://www.psychology.uwa.edu.au/research/cog...
That link won't load. I just wanna say how does Wt7 go down when it wasn't hit, how does jet fuel burn thru the strong steel when it doesn't burn threw the steel engine that isn't as strong as the I beams that was used in the twin towers? Look at the way they came down the same way when a building goes down during a demolition, beams are cut in a slant, with the pentagon a plane didn't hit it it was hit by a missile strike, and conveniently it was hit were information was being stored about the government spending.

Bonne Terre, MO

#45573 Apr 8, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, Gawd!

Another birther/truther/denier idiot!
You need to open your eyes.

Bonne Terre, MO

#45574 Apr 8, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
climate change alarmists play on the fears of uneducated fools.
Your right.

Bonne Terre, MO

#45575 Apr 8, 2014
4409 wrote:
<quoted text>You need to open your eyes.
Your just to scared to face the truth.
Slash

United States

#45576 Apr 8, 2014
4409 wrote:
<quoted text>Your right.
He's godda mn idiot like you.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#45577 Apr 8, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, charles.......actually, it's IQ is 8% of 10%...... or 10% of 8%, because "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwrongully " can't figure the power collapse of ethanol used in a gasoline engine.
good to see you conversing with little charles! you two idiots are made for each other. you probably miss your wife anyway.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45578 Apr 8, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
There is growing evidence that conspiratorial thinking, also known as conspiracist ideation, is often involved in the rejection of scientific propositions. Conspiracist ideations tend to invoke alternative explanations for the nature or source of the scientific evidence. For example, among people who reject the link between HIV and AIDS, common ideations involve the beliefs that AIDS was created by the U.S. Government.
My colleagues and I published a paper recently that found evidence for the involvement of conspiracist ideation in the rejection of scientific propositions—from climate change to the link between tobacco and lung cancer, and between HIV and AIDS—among visitors to climate blogs. This was a fairly unsurprising result because it meshed well with previous research and the existing literature on the rejection of science. Indeed, it would have been far more surprising, from a scientific perspective, if the article had not found a link between conspiracist ideation and rejection of science.
http://www.shapingtomorrowsworld.org/lewandow...
i'm not the one here bastardizing the scientific method, son! you and your cabal are doing that.

i'm just here to point out your lack of understanding. experimental tests need to be conducted....scientific models need to be within light years of actual observations....realizing climate variabilities has always been the norm. why do you buy into the hype if you accept these tenets? your behavior and beliefs aren't based in science....by a long shot!
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#45579 Apr 8, 2014
[QUOTE who="lyin' brian"]There are no peer.......... pseudoscience.[/QUOTE]

"lyin' brian" never peered into any science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc classes during its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa, thus its posts are pseudoscience.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45580 Apr 8, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
"lyin' brian" never peered into any science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc classes during its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa, thus its posts are pseudoscience.
based on "brian g's" posts compared to yours....i'd say "brian g" is 50 times more educated and smarter than you. and i'm being nice to you with that multiple!
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#45581 Apr 8, 2014
[QUOTE who="ratdownthemiddle ","middleofthedownwr onggully"].... bastardizing the scientific method[/QUOTE]

"ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" learned the first paragraph of the science book of "lyin' brian". Of course, "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" has no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc for its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa, but believes it can out-think AGW scientists with 10 to 16 years more science & mathematics training.
Slash

United States

#45582 Apr 8, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>based on "brian g's" posts compared to yours....i'd say "brian g" is 50 times more educated and smarter than you. and i'm being nice to you with that multiple!
Except Brian is a fkn douchbag azzhole like you. Two dumb dks that think their bullsh it is more plausible than the 97% of climatologists that laugh at you flat earth jagoffs.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45583 Apr 8, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
"ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" learned the first paragraph of the science book of "lyin' brian". Of course, "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" has no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc for its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa, but believes it can out-think AGW scientists with 10 to 16 years more science & mathematics training.
are you pretending to be an AGW scientist with 10 or 16 years experience? which is it, moron?

you're too 'stoopit' to even put on an intellectual disguise, son!

bwaaaahhhhaahahahahaaa

go back to photography.....you couldn't do any worse.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45584 Apr 8, 2014
Slash wrote:
<quoted text>
Except Brian is a fkn douchbag azzhole like you. Two dumb dks that think their bullsh it is more plausible than the 97% of climatologists that laugh at you flat earth jagoffs.
and your bullshit is totally plausible, right, dale carnegie?

bwaaahahahahahahaaaa

nice try, short skirt!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45585 Apr 8, 2014
Slash wrote:
<quoted text>
if the human race "slashed" co2 emissions by 100% tomorrow......how long would it take to alter climate, slash?

you and your mullethead friends pretend to be smart......so i'll wait for your all knowing answer!

LMAO@U
Slash

United States

#45586 Apr 8, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>and your bullshit is totally plausible, right, dale carnegie?

bwaaahahahahahahaaaa

nice try, short skirt!
Like I said. You got nothing, pussccee.
Your running line of bullsh it you and that other moron are throwing around is what I'd expect from two dumbfk parrots of the koch's... or in your case the co cks.
Slash

United States

#45587 Apr 8, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>if the human race "slashed" co2 emissions by 100% tomorrow......how long would it take to alter climate, slash?

you and your mullethead friends pretend to be smart......so i'll wait for your all knowing answer!

LMAO@U
When you become more than a full of sh it topix scientist I might bother answering you. You aren't. You never will be. So I won't.
I'm sticking with the 97% of the worlds climatologists that laugh at you fkn flat earth retards.
Slash

United States

#45588 Apr 8, 2014
Watch the rightuptheasshole claim topix victory then crawl back up his Kkkhunt and disappear.
Like he did after making Internet threats.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 24 min Grey Ghost 1,348,308
Vice lords" 3 hr ??? 2
last post wins! (Dec '10) 5 hr honeymylove 1,597
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr Dr Guru 207,678
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr They cannot kill ... 7,332
News Food stamp recipients getting increase in funding (Apr '09) 8 hr Ritual Habitual 4,425
last post wins! (Apr '13) 9 hr They cannot kill ... 622
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages