Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 63580 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

litesong

Everett, WA

#45496 Apr 6, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
I'd love to go to a National Park and not see anyone......
You can still travel alone in many woods, & plains & even have entire mountains to yourself. Better yet, see hundreds of animals, while people around you, see no animals at all.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#45497 Apr 6, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
My support for 100%(ethanol-free) gasoline(& the elimination of "ethanol in gasoline" industry), that would result in LESS oil burned, most certainly can't be interpreted as "standing for Big Oil". "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" interprets it as such, showing its lack of science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
if you told the epa how smart you think you are....and that you have all the answers.........do you think they'd hire you or laugh out loud, son?

you said yourself that 100% gasoline would result in 7% better efficiency. how could that result in less gas consumed if your adding back 10% to consumption??

duh....
litesong

Everett, WA

#45498 Apr 6, 2014
[QUOTE who="ratdownthemiddle ","middleofthedownwr onggully"]you said yourself that 100% gasoline would result in 7% better efficiency. how could that result in less gas consumed if your adding back 10% to consumption??duh....[/QUOTE]

Ha ha ha..... you are a silly goose(& rat).... even on a subject you agree with me. My detailing the inefficiency of ethanol used(not burned properly) in a gasoline engine, is only one aspect of the "ethanol in gasoline" fiasco.... & you know it.Some studies have even stated that more gallons of oil are used than it takes to produce the same number of gallons of ethanol. True or not, it is obvious that the "ethanol in gasoline" industry uses more oil than they ever save.... & the data detailing 10% ethanol gets 8% to 5% less mpg, shows that 10% ethanol saves very little gasoline.

Yeah, even on a subject we agree on, "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" earns its name, "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y".

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#45499 Apr 6, 2014
You remaining "believers" don't even know what you are "believing" in because if you did you would be saying "could be" THE END OF DAYS as science has, not your "belief" in it happening.
Deniers are better planet lovers and demand 100% certainty from the world of science not from a mob of you "believers" that THE END IS NEAR for billions of innocent children doomed to a "climate crisis",
Science is 100% sure the earth is not flat but for 32 years have been 95% sure CO2 will "flatten" it? Call 32 years of "maybe" anything you want except "sustainable".
litesong

Everett, WA

#45500 Apr 6, 2014
me me me getting mine in the 69 position wrote:
You "believers"
We know "me me me getting mine in the 69 position" doesn't believe in science, with its lack of science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, & pre-calc in a poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#45501 Apr 6, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
We know "me me me getting mine in the 69 position" doesn't believe in science, with its lack of science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, & pre-calc in a poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
Clearly double meds are necessary.
Los Angeles

Fullerton, CA

#45502 Apr 6, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not that I don't have an opinion, I don't have the expertise to decide on a number. That is far better approached by the "think tankers" who have all the numbers at their disposal. So for instance if there is a doctor shortage then make it easy for doctors to come in but only practice in a shortage area for a given amount of years as a condition after that they can move to LA to do breast implants. It should always be about skill sets in areas of demand and a certain mix of others on compassionate grounds. But using the same example you wouldn't need 1 million truck drivers to suddenly land looking for work.
Huh?

Just pick a number. The government is already picking one for you.

How many legal and illegal persons would you like to see enter the country each year? You must have an opinion.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45503 Apr 6, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha ha..... you are a silly goose(& rat).... even on a subject you agree with me. My detailing the inefficiency of ethanol used(not burned properly) in a gasoline engine, is only one aspect of the "ethanol in gasoline" fiasco.... & you know it.Some studies have even stated that more gallons of oil are used than it takes to produce the same number of gallons of ethanol. True or not, it is obvious that the "ethanol in gasoline" industry uses more oil than they ever save.... & the data detailing 10% ethanol gets 8% to 5% less mpg, shows that 10% ethanol saves very little gasoline.
Yeah, even on a subject we agree on, "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" earns its name, "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y".
we don't agree on anything.

you like to pick and choose for yourself while making demands on everyone else. psssst....if you weren't such a hypocrite and didn't drive yourself you'd be happy to impose ethanol RFS/EPA regs. on the rest of us. you only bytch about it because it's inconvenient or more expensive for you!!!

LOL

we can agree that you have double standards and you're a hypocrite....that's all we can agree on, son!!

people like you are the worst of the worst. can't you agree?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#45504 Apr 6, 2014
Los Angeles wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
Just pick a number. The government is already picking one for you.
How many legal and illegal persons would you like to see enter the country each year? You must have an opinion.
Well I'd go with the government's number as it would deemed to be much more realistic than just pulling a number out of my a$$ like you have. Illegals you have no control of, only deciding that beefing up border security is a better cost benefit to the taxpayer than none. Illegal's only land when they see an economic opportunity if there is no work for them then they won't come.
Same as intellectuals, or university educated. They have to see an economic opportunity for them to come. Like any free country they love to get the brains of other countries for an education that they didn't pay for. It has a huge financial benefit for the country they immigrate to. Einstein is a good example of that when he came to America. Had he stayed in Germany the outcome of WW2 might have been very different given it was his brain that came up with the idea of an atomic bomb.
litesong

Everett, WA

#45508 Apr 6, 2014
litesong wrote:
Some studies have even stated that more gallons of oil are used than it takes to produce the same number of gallons of ethanol......the data detailing 10% ethanol gets 8% to 5% less mpg, shows that 10% ethanol saves very little gasoline.
"ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" earns its name, "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y".
//////////
"ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" gushed:
.... you only bytch about it because it's.....more expensive for you!!!
//////////
litesong wrote:
10% ethanol blends lose 8% to 5% mpg. The worthlessness of ethanol used(not burned properly) in a gasoline engine is obvious.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45510 Apr 6, 2014
charles in charge wrote:
<quoted text>
Why keep posting when you have nothing to say, troll?
by doing so you may someday have a cogent response?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45511 Apr 6, 2014
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
Some studies have even stated that more gallons of oil are used than it takes to produce the same number of gallons of ethanol......the data detailing 10% ethanol gets 8% to 5% less mpg, shows that 10% ethanol saves very little gasoline.
"ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" earns its name, "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y".
//////////
"ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" gushed:
.... you only bytch about it because it's.....more expensive for you!!!
//////////
litesong wrote:
10% ethanol blends lose 8% to 5% mpg. The worthlessness of ethanol used(not burned properly) in a gasoline engine is obvious.
well, in that case, continue to stand 100% with fossil fuels!
LOL

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45512 Apr 6, 2014
charles in charge wrote:
<quoted text>
It tkes a gallon of oil to enable Right Down the Middle to part his hair that way.:)
please try harder, son!

with your emotional control AND math skills!

8% is not greater than 10%.

regardless of how you try to explain it away. period!
Lee

Torrance, CA

#45513 Apr 6, 2014
Things that make a person cringe...
litesong

Everett, WA

#45514 Apr 6, 2014
motheaten wrote:
early double meds are necessary.
If I took all the meds dr. "motheaten" prescribed, I'd be dead......... ah, now the reason........
litesong

Everett, WA

#45515 Apr 6, 2014
charles in charge wrote:
It takes a gallon of oil to enable Right Down the Middle to part his hair that way.:)
Corrections:
Its true name is "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y". While dwelling in the down wrong gully, "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" could properly apply the oil to its hair, only IF IT WERE BURNING. Its very dark in the down wrong gully, & it needs a nite lite.
litesong

Everett, WA

#45516 Apr 6, 2014
[QUOTE who="ratdownthemiddle ","middleofthedownwr onggully"] continue to stand 100% with fossil fuels![/QUOTE]

If america used 100%(ethanol-free) gasolline, oil & gasoline usage would be reduced in america.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45517 Apr 6, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
If america used 100%(ethanol-free) gasolline, oil & gasoline usage would be reduced in america.
big oil loves you!!!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45518 Apr 6, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Corrections:
Its true name is "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y". While dwelling in the down wrong gully, "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" could properly apply the oil to its hair, only IF IT WERE BURNING. Its very dark in the down wrong gully, & it needs a nite lite.
and you call yourself a grown and married man????

grow up you sick and pathetic retard.

do you even realize how stupid you really are?

bwwwaaahhahahahahhahahhaaaa
litesong

Everett, WA

#45519 Apr 6, 2014
[QUOTE who=[QUOTE who="ratdownthemiddle ","middleofthedownwr onggully"]do you even realize how stupid you really are?[/QUOTE]

U loved the idea about setting your hair afire to get some light in your home down wrong gully.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Joy 1,509,750
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Justice Dale 239,565
White country boys know how to shoot! 7 hr Marksmanship 101 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 hr TRD 71,275
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr RACE 105,062
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 12 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 8,076
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 12 hr RACE 10,502

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages