Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 59545 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#45253 Mar 31, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Starting the race late, "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" has made up many a lap & is strongly gaining on the worst.
I passed you many laps ago. that's one of the reasons you're the worst. put some ethanol in your tank and do try to keep up!

LOL

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45254 Mar 31, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
So the fossil fuel cartels keep some of you here ignorant and obedient so that you will continue tithing, making money for them off their group of rocks.
....while you keep promoting the 'green'-backers pseudoscience.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45255 Mar 31, 2014
if all the man made emissions were removed form the atmosphere......can anyone say what it would do to our climate??
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#45256 Mar 31, 2014
litesong wrote:
Your daily reminder....

TAKE YOUR MEDS.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#45257 Mar 31, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
I was in Glen Rose, Texas, this weekend, walking along the Paluxy River, in the footprints left by dinosaurs 113 million years ago, the ancient seabeds towering over me in bluffs 80 feet high. That was in Dinosaur Valley State Park, where scientists exhibit the evidence for an Earth millions of years old, populated by "terrible lizards", long before man set foot there.
Before you get to the park, there's Dinosaur World, with life-sized recreations of those beasts, as well as lots of souvenirs. They make money off the rocks.
Before that is the Creation Evidence Museum, a joke created by the local sky-daddy worshipers. They make money there, too, and protect the investment they have already made in keeping the population ignorant and tithing.
So the fossil fuel cartels keep some of you here ignorant and obedient so that you will continue tithing, making money for them off their group of rocks.
Hmm... you didn't use any of those nasty fossil fuels for your trip, did you?

If so, what did you do to offset the additional CO2 your trip created?

An indirect tithe?

d'Oh!
Young adult

Corona Del Mar, CA

#45258 Mar 31, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
if all the man made emissions were removed form the atmosphere......can anyone say what it would do to our climate??
You might have a day just like today. Decent weather through the US. No super extreme weather events.

All in all, a very comfortable day. Enjoy!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45259 Mar 31, 2014
Young adult wrote:
<quoted text>
You might have a day just like today. Decent weather through the US. No super extreme weather events.
Exactly! A beautiful day today....not too hot and not too cool. With weather like this I say we need to pump some more co2 into the atmosphere.......not that it matters.:-D

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45260 Mar 31, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm... you didn't use any of those nasty fossil fuels for your trip, did you?
If so, what did you do to offset the additional CO2 your trip created?
An indirect tithe?
d'Oh!
C'mon, Mothra!
Commandment #3 of the climate alarmist bible: Thou shalt do as I say, not as I do.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#45261 Mar 31, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>C'mon, Mothra!
Commandment #3 of the climate alarmist bible: Thou shalt do as I say, not as I do.
Uh-oh.... Oz is gonna have a conniption to that Gore reference.
Young adult

Corona Del Mar, CA

#45262 Mar 31, 2014
Young adult wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget the nice day, happy talk. It's worse than I thought. The UN just issued a new report.

We are in deep ..... purple.(no pun intended)

==========
"Things are worse than we had predicted" in 2007, when the group of scientists last issued this type of report, said report co-author Saleemul Huq, director of the International Centre for Climate Change and Development at the Independent University in Bangladesh. "We are going to see more and more impacts, faster and sooner than we had anticipated."

The problems have gotten so bad that the panel had to add a new and dangerous level of risks. In 2007, the biggest risk level in one key summary graphic was "high" and colored blazing red. The latest report adds a new level, "very high," and colors it deep purple.

You might as well call it a "horrible" risk level, said van Aalst: "The horrible is something quite likely, and we won't be able to do anything about it."

The report predicts that the highest level of risk would first hit plants and animals, both on land and the acidifying oceans.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45263 Mar 31, 2014
http://www.climatechangedispatch.com/more-fra...

you just can't trust these guys on anything, can you?
litesong

Everett, WA

#45264 Mar 31, 2014
Arctic AGW enhanced weather would disappear & return to lower temperatures. Altho Arctic air fronts would be colder, they could not be forced south, as strongly or as continuously as this past winter.

We would have less drying of our forests, with the forest fire season shortened from its present alarming rates of catastrophic fire potential, even on our normally wetted west sides of mountain ranges.

Our Pacific Northwest mornings would be cooler. Our rivers would have slightly less flow in the winters, & somewhat more flow in late summers, do to changes in seasonal rain & snowfalls, & increasing sizes of year round mountain glaciers. Our very hottest days would be lessened, while a more frequent return to sub-10degF should occur.

The increasing use for a/c in homes & cars should decrease, altho people once used to a/c, would probably not do without such.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#45265 Mar 31, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>C'mon, Mothra!
Somewhere I read litesong bragging about that he's driven his car over 400,000 miles.

400,000? Gee... whole lotta CO2 cuz he wants to travel, take pictures and live his own life exploring his own interests. If I find it again, I'll post it.

Warmists have so many hypocrites. Seems ol' Spaceballs has wandered off to another thread. Guess it got to 'hot' for him here, and so he's gone off to pollute other forums with his mindless hypocrisy.

btw,... litesong's rants against you aren't original. He's been posting the same smears for years.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...

LOL

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#45266 Mar 31, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
if it weren't for the corrupt EPA, litesong, you could get all the 100% gasoline you want!
they say they impose this law in order to help control GHG emissions.
the EPA is the sole reason you can't find conventional gas and the sole reason it costs more. it has nothing to do with refiners!!
Go to a boat marina that will sell gas for your car.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#45267 Mar 31, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
http://www.climatechangedispat ch.com/more-fraudulent-science -from-epa.html
you just can't trust these guys on anything, can you?
What a bunch of propaganda from another RW denial factory. The normat concentration of ozone in the atmosphere is somewhere around 50 ppb. It is a very corosive and reactive form of oxygen. It is well known to ascerbate ashma and other respiratory problems. It causes rapid deterioration of rubber and many other organically derived materials. A 1.2 ppb decrease in ozone would be a 2.4 percent decrease on the average and much more during an inversion. That is significant. The author makes it look like a totally insignificant amount. It is not but it is what we expect from fossil fuel sponsored committees.

Similar arguments were presented for the removal of lead from gasoline and sulphur from diesel fuels. Interestingly, it did not significantly drive up the price of either gasoline or diesel. There was not massive unemployment or adverse health affects.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45268 Mar 31, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
What a bunch of propaganda from another RW denial factory. The normat concentration of ozone in the atmosphere is somewhere around 50 ppb. It is a very corosive and reactive form of oxygen. It is well known to ascerbate ashma and other respiratory problems. It causes rapid deterioration of rubber and many other organically derived materials. A 1.2 ppb decrease in ozone would be a 2.4 percent decrease on the average and much more during an inversion. That is significant. The author makes it look like a totally insignificant amount. It is not but it is what we expect from fossil fuel sponsored committees.
Similar arguments were presented for the removal of lead from gasoline and sulphur from diesel fuels. Interestingly, it did not significantly drive up the price of either gasoline or diesel. There was not massive unemployment or adverse health affects.
ULSD is sold here under mandate.....the high sulfur diesel is exported to people willing to take a bargain. this calamity is supposed to be global, right? nobody cares about your canard.....it's like climate change doesn't exist. climate does change....on that we can agree....but man made induced??? come on , son!!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45269 Mar 31, 2014
litesong wrote:
Arctic AGW enhanced weather would disappear & return to lower temperatures. Altho Arctic air fronts would be colder, they could not be forced south, as strongly or as continuously as this past winter.
We would have less drying of our forests, with the forest fire season shortened from its present alarming rates of catastrophic fire potential, even on our normally wetted west sides of mountain ranges.
Our Pacific Northwest mornings would be cooler. Our rivers would have slightly less flow in the winters, & somewhat more flow in late summers, do to changes in seasonal rain & snowfalls, & increasing sizes of year round mountain glaciers. Our very hottest days would be lessened, while a more frequent return to sub-10degF should occur.
The increasing use for a/c in homes & cars should decrease, altho people once used to a/c, would probably not do without such.
[email protected]!!!!

you've got it all figured out in your own private idaho, huh, mullet??

if you think man can alter climate for the better or worse......i got some beautiful coastline property i'd like to sell you at a great deal!!!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45270 Mar 31, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Go to a boat marina that will sell gas for your car.
don't need to....i have a tank that gets filled every month,

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45271 Mar 31, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
What a bunch of propaganda
that's all alarmism ever was....

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45272 Mar 31, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Somewhere I read litesong bragging about that he's driven his car over 400,000 miles.
400,000? Gee... whole lotta CO2 cuz he wants to travel, take pictures and live his own life exploring his own interests. If I find it again, I'll post it.
Warmists have so many hypocrites. Seems ol' Spaceballs has wandered off to another thread. Guess it got to 'hot' for him here, and so he's gone off to pollute other forums with his mindless hypocrisy.
btw,... litesong's rants against you aren't original. He's been posting the same smears for years.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...
LOL
wow.....what a pathetic life. every breath from litethong is a hypocritical exhale of co2 and bullchyt

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 49 min taletha 16 1,384,166
News Ghanaian family rescuing South Side bank: 'This... 1 hr Sadbuttrue 1
The USA has the SUPER RICHEST..................... 1 hr BribedBlacksVoteDem 77
Hillary's History 1 hr HRC gets Prison 74
Quit trashing Obama's accomplishments. He's don... 1 hr Blewjob is obtuse 12
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Dr Guru 214,648
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 hr TRD 70,614
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages