Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.
Comments
42,081 - 42,100 of 45,781 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Judged:

apparently charles is another alarmist dumbchyt.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Judged:

litesong wrote:
Finally, a sweet sweet day of spring..... But unlike some slimy steenking toxic topix AGW deniers, who would pollute with 5 gallons of fuel used, I used a tidy 1.62 gallons.
//////////
"little willy & braggin" bragged:
Boy it's to(sic) bad you didn't live in oso(sic),,sad to say it would or been the only good thing to come out of a tragedy!
/////////
litesong wrote:
"little willy & braggin" misspells & thinks the horrific Oso death mountain must be used to advance the cause of "little willy & braggin".

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Judged:

litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
Finally, a sweet sweet day of spring..... But unlike some slimy steenking toxic topix AGW deniers, who would pollute with 5 gallons of fuel used, I used a tidy 1.62 gallons.
//////////
"little willy & braggin" bragged:
Boy it's to(sic) bad you didn't live in oso(sic),,sad to say it would or been the only good thing to come out of a tragedy!
/////////
litesong wrote:
"little willy & braggin" misspells & thinks the horrific Oso death mountain must be used to advance the cause of "little willy & braggin".
and you people pretend to be educated...

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
"ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" was predetermined & determined NOT to have science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, or pre-calc in its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
but i aced all my economics courses......you must've dropped econ 101!!!

poor ignorant mullet....being retarded is not an excuse for your idiotic posts.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

[QUOTE who="ratdownthemiddle ","middleofthedownwr onggully"] aced all my economics courses......[/QUOTE]

That's why you can't figure, if the supply of 100% gasoline rises by 10 to 15 times from its low 5% availability, the price DIFFERENCE between 100% gasoline & 10% ethanol blend, will decrease from its high of $1+.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why you can't figure, if the supply of 100% gasoline rises by 10 to 15 times from its low 5% availability, the price DIFFERENCE between 100% gasoline & 10% ethanol blend, will decrease from its high of $1+.
love ethanol, it makes us burn more gasoline, and use corn, thereby denying food crops. Win for money hungry people like me. Win win.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
actually it won't. you still don't understand what i've tried to explain, son. the more 100%(cbob) sold will only increase the rvo's of obligated parties. hence d-6 rin's will increase in value (the reason 100% gasoline is higher already) since they will have to buy them on the open market instead of being credited the rin for splashing ethanol into their volume percentages.

BLAME THE EPA.....
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

litesong wrote:
//////////
"desperate warmist" wrote:
love ethanol, it makes us burn more gasoline, and use corn, thereby denying food crops. Win for money hungry people like me. Win win.
/////////
litesong wrote:
Ethanol, used to dilute our nation's gasoline stocks by only 10%, lowers mpg by 8% to 5%, in low compression ratio(9:1 to 12:1) gasoline engines. To stuff worthless ethanol in gasoline engines, also saps land that should be used for food for 500 million people. Support the Feinstein/Coburn bi-partisan bill to eliminate dilution of our nation's gasoline stocks with ethanol.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

Truth Facts wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah here's an idea for ya.The circus is hiring for new clowns and I recommended you.Your #1 on their list.
I'll have to admit that is one of your better thoughts, comparatively. You certainly don't have any idea of how science works.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

Mann’s Screw Up #7.1 – Semantics

Most people hate discussing semantics. Unfortunately, it’s necessary when people try to abuse semantics to win an argument. Michael Mann’s defense of his “trick” is one of those cases.

As you’ll recall, Michael Mann’s “trick” was to append the instrumental record to his temperature reconstruction, smooth the resulting series then truncate it so it appeared to only be a reconstructed series. That’s unquestionably dishonest.

Naturally, Mann doesn’t admit such. Instead, he attempts to abuse semantics to cover it up. On page 210 of his book, he attempts to say his trick had nothing to do with hiding things:

" The full quotation from Jone’s e-mail was (emphasis added),“I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (i.e. from 1981 onwards) and from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline.” Only by omitting the twenty-three words in between “trick” and “hide the decline” were change deniers able to fabricate the claim of a supposed “trick to hide the decline.” No such phrases was used in the e-mail nor in any of the stolen e-mails for that matter. Indeed,“Make’s Nature trick” and “hide the decline” had nothing to do with each other."

He says the two phrases “had nothing to do with each other,” and people can only pretend otherwise by omitting words. Let’s consider this. Here is the original quote:

"I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (i.e. from 1981 onwards) and from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline."

The words people omit are prepositional phrases. All they do is clarify what the trick was. This can be seen by paring down the sentence. First, we remove the phrases listing the periods which had data added. That gives us:

"I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series… to hide the decline."

This gives us the phrase “Mike’s Nature trick”; a description of what it is,“add in the real temps to each series”; and a purpose,“to hide the decline.” We can remove the description and get:

"I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick… to hide the decline."

In other words, anyone with basic reading skills can see Mann is just making things up when he says the two phrases had nothing to do with each other.

http://hiizuru.wordpress.com/2014/03/25/manns...

The lack of "basic reading skills" will prevent Bozo, Oz, Spaceballs and certainly litesong from understanding this.
Jackinthebox

Havertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

Ethanol farm it on land that could be used for food
Process the corn which could be used as feed
Waste gas to farm, process and ship it
And make major investments it developing it

Or invest invest in cleaner burning gas

Like people won't make war over corn fields

Seems legit
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
Mann’s Screw Up #7.1 – Semantics
Most people hate discussing semantics. Unfortunately, it’s necessary when people try to abuse semantics to win an argument. Michael Mann’s defense of his “trick” is one of those cases.
As you’ll recall, Michael Mann’s “trick” was to append the instrumental record to his temperature reconstruction, smooth the resulting series then truncate it so it appeared to only be a reconstructed series. That’s unquestionably dishonest.
The lack of "basic reading skills" will prevent Bozo, Oz, Spaceballs and certainly litesong from understanding this.
Hey,.. I demonstrated just the other day that you, and others like you, don't understand science and mathematics to read a graph. It was no trick.

Reading skills don't make anyone knowledgeable in science.DUH.
truth facts

Wilmington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to admit that is one of your better thoughts, comparatively. You certainly don't have any idea of how science works.
Apparently by all that I've read neither do you.Your just another sucker that has fallen prey to the scam artist.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

you alarmists seem to be flip flopping a lot.

i thought you all stood for lower ghg emissions.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

alarmists stomp there feet and then complain when they get their way!!!

lol
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Hey,.. I demonstrated just the other day that you, and others like you, don't understand science and mathematics to read a graph. It was no trick.
Reading skills don't make anyone knowledgeable in science.DUH.
You demonstrate that you're a global warming hypocrite

As as such your credibility is ZERO.

LOL

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

truth facts wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently by all that I've read neither do you.Your just another sucker that has fallen prey to the scam artist.
So, you think science is a scam, that Fox is the real skinny. LOL

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
You demonstrate that you're a global warming hypocrite
As as such your credibility is ZERO.
LOL
Exactly!! They show their hypocrisy by demanding we lower GHG emissions, but then want to repeal laws already in place to reverse it........because it personally costs them more money!!!!

LOL
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you think science is a scam, that Fox is the real skinny. LOL
So says the troll claiming the certainty of "settled science".

LOL

Have a seat next to Spaceballs in the ZERO credibility penalty box.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you think science is a scam, LOL
only your pseudoscience variety, son.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Grey Ghost 1,079,680
How to install windows 8 10 min beeann 1
Amy 7-24 15 min loose cannon 20
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 54 min voice of peace 67,931
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 68,374
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Learn to Read 174,601
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 hr truth 48,894
Abby 7-24 9 hr Pippa 42
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 hr Mister Tonka 97,524
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search